Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-14-2013, 11:53 AM #1
willdabear

Rap4 shaped projectiles?

What is the deal with these things? They were supposed to come out with an alternative to the first strike round that was only supposed to be 10 cents a piece but i havent heard anything about them in months. I know they were tied up in legal issues for a little while but is there any new info?
willdabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2013, 08:28 PM #2
gopro_pballer12
Average Rec-Ball Player

gopro_pballer12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gopro_pballer12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
They are not an alternative to first strikes, but more of a "reball" form of them. They are only made for target practice and hold no paint.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 PM #3
splatthetick

So...varmit shells? Sketchy at best...
splatthetick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:29 AM #4
willdabear

Im not talking about the rubber shaped projectiles. They are supposed to be making an actual paint filled shaped projectile.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:31 AM #5
Tecnophobia
Tecnophobia

yes they are and they won against tiberius in court last i heard and then it went all quiet. And its not RAP4 that has the name on it its OmarMacyWorks ( i think) i think you can find it on FB
Tecnophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:27 PM #6
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
I've heard Rap4's quality is hit-or-miss at best. Someone care to confirm or deny?
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:40 PM #7
Narf

Narf has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I purchased a blackbird from rap4, turned out to be a plain old tac8.

I purchased a camo backpack with molle for my rockets, came as a school backpack with 2 strips sewn on as "molle"

so they played the bait and switch on me twice, I will not patronize them ever again

p.s. yes I think their quality is hit or miss
Narf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:53 AM #8
Punisher068

Mostly miss for CRAP 4 stuff,I bought a RAM shotgun that never worked,most if not all their markers that have come to our field are plagued with problems
I have one of their older tac vest,only thing I'd recommend from them,though when I bought it it was advertised on their website for a good deal,when I went in to their store they wanted twice as much!Managed to work out a deal with them to split the difference.Don't bother asking any tech questions or repairs,their in store techs were clueless
Ion w\Axe Relay
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:58 AM #9
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Which is kind of disappointing because they have some really nifty looking things.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:31 PM #10
willdabear

Were getting a little off topic i think. I agree that their stuff has issues, im currently getting my mkp-II to work. But for now i just want info on the shaped projectiles
Old 12-16-2013, 03:25 PM #11
Assassin565

about the shaped projectiles

Yes I've had my fair share of hit and miss,sadly having both of which accure on the same product I bought from them,regardless,Omar Marceey is the head of the RD of Rap4 that is designing the new shaped projectiles. Now given the time he has spent with Rap4 with developing the 468 and d-mags, they are probably actually trying to buckle down and design this right. Sure there will be flaws(alas is the curse of the Rap4 brand) but they seem to have been able to do what they wanted with d-mags, make a low cost magazine to shoot both regulare paint and shaped projectiles,though I've found a problem within the design myself,over all it's a step up from the problems that plagued their first magazines. So though I despise them and curse their name any time I have a failure with their product, wait and see when new products by rap4 come out and see how well they work for others before you invest in it yourself. First strike rounds are still not cheap,and if we the customers rush them to get a cheaper shape projectile out faster,we will suffer the curse,so give it time.
Assassin565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:48 AM #12
ECHO CHARLIE
F = FRUIT LOOP

ECHO CHARLIE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Thumbs down

RAP4 has a lot of crappy stuff they by from other companies, print their name on it, and sell it for 3 times it's original price. FOR EXAMPLE:

Normal Price : http://www.opticsplanet.com/ncstar-t...131220163312:s

RAP4 Price : http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/...4rcvaaovgvf9b1

How do you guys like that?

Anyways... as far as shaped projectiles go, this is what ive gathered from Omar Macy. He wants to make these shaped projectiles that look pretty sweet. You can find pictures of the plans on Omar Macy's and Macy Works' Facebook pages. There were plans for two different grade rounds. One for recreation and one for competitions and what not. Obviously, Omar was not the only brave soul to challenge Tiberius Arms and there was a big lawsuit from Tiberius aimed at multiple parties, Omar being one. As far as I'm aware, Tiberius dropped Omar from the lawsuit, but I don't know about the others. From that point on I haven't heard any news on them. RAP4 doesn't often refer to their markers as First Strike compatible, but instead as Shaped Projectile compatible. Also, RAP4 sells "Shaped Projectile Solid" in red and clear. These are basically solid First Strike rounds used for marker testing. Don't buy them though. They suck, I cycled them through my 468 and the fins dig into my DMag, and after being shot the fins generally break from hitting things, or just from the bolt hitting it (which also gets plastic in your gun). http://www.rap4.com/store/paintball/?cPath=23_1840_2308&osCsid=to0d9gsv115su83si5fhd51 qa0
  • Tippmann
  • ETC.
Message me if you want to sell!!!!
ECHO CHARLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:44 PM #13
Flatliner68

I can't speak to peoples experiences with RAP4 in the pre-Omar Macy days, no doubt, based on the multitude of complaints out there they have had major issues in the past. With that said, having met Omar and worked with the company a little in the recent past, I would say it is a new game today.

As for an alternative to the solid gold strike rounds, I am anxious to at least test an alternative. Due to the "D-Mag", it wouldn't suprise me if the next thing we hear is a sales have begun announcement...

Tiberius T8.1, RAP4 Gen7 T68, Hammer7 with Lapco Rifled barrel, Heavily modded Tippmann A5 with a working "Rain Cover", WGP AutoCocker, etc, etc, etc...
Flatliner68 is offline   Reply With Quote