Old 02-03-2010, 12:58 AM #1
Tim40
All-American Forever

has been a member for 10 years
Tim40 is a Professional paintball player
Tim40 works for a Paintball manufacturer
Tim40 plays in the APPA Pro division
A new beginning.....

“This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”
-Winston Churchill

The ominous gray clouds of the dreary winter afternoon hang over the cold cement parking lot as the boys sit outside the bookstore while anxiously and restlessly flipping through the pages of the magazine at a frantic pace. The teenagers point and comment with every turn of the glossy sheet dreaming of possibilities and hoping that their delusions can one day become a reality. The allure of becoming a professional football player, basketball player or baseball player has sputtered away leaving only the optimism of becoming a world class paintball player. Despite the peculiar looks and constant questions, society is intrigued by the game of paintball and the notion that someone can commit such a large portion of themselves to one goal and one objective with little to no monetary return. Nonetheless, such grand outlooks and sociological concerns are irrelevant to the boys as they admire the images of the professional paintball players and their shimmering trophies and oversized plaques. At 25 and about to turn 26 in a week and almost 11 years since I sat outside the Barnes and Nobles with my friends, my dream has been lived and the opportunities that life and God have provided within the game of paintball continue to be seized and consumed, further fueling my life and allowing a new door of prospects

For over 20 years, a large quantity of aspiring paintball players has dreamt of playing on the All-Americans. Despite the public outcries and opinions pertaining to certain players or sponsors, it was always hard to deny the intrigue of a team that had endured every transition of the sport and maintained the ability to remain competitive. Much in the way the Yankees or Red Sox have built a legacy in baseball with their staying power and ability to survive, the All-Americans had forged through the muggy intermediary periods of our game. Coincidentally, I grew up in the Midwest; therefore it was inevitable to hope for a tryout with Detroit Fusion or Chicago Aftershock, it was a right that came with location. But, I had always respected the All-Americans and their drive for victory and perfection that defined the team and its players and so I was able to still imagine myself waiving the All-American banner after a victory.

In 2004 I joined the team out of necessity when I had nowhere else to go and once I was provided a chance to leave I stayed because I didn’t want to go anywhere else. I do not consider myself too masculine to admit that a piece of my heart has been broken; but not in the way that a girl can strain a boy’s emotions or the loss of a family member evokes mourning, but similar to waking up from an amazing dream that seemed all too real and sadness arises because the harsh reality of daily life is overly mundane. Still, much like the players that came before us, the 2009 team all poured our sweat and tears into making the Philadelphia Americans a success, and we did it on our terms. Nonetheless, in the same manner that a proud parent observes their child begin college and embark on a new adventure, the players of the All-Americans will witness their careers in the game and in life evolve into something fresh and different.

To those that have asked, YES, the All-Americans will not be competing in the 2010 season. Nevertheless, I would be remiss to tell the futures of all the players because I do not know what everyone will do for this season or the next. Some players have moved on because they felt it was time to venture forth and some have moved on because they had to. It was an ending that I could never imagine because the book was too long and the conclusion appeared too distant. Nonetheless, it is not a gloomy day for me or the players because it is simply an unavoidable evolution of life. So, I no longer have to welcome a handful of teammates into town or fend them off my refrigerator or protect my beer like a new born child. However, the cliché that all good things come to an end holds true, it’s just a matter of when the end arrives.

In closing, I would like to thank everyone that made our dream a possibility; most importantly all of our fans, supporters, moms, dads, friends and sponsors that supported us not only when we were up but most significantly when we were at our lowest. For without all of you, our hopes would have remained unfulfilled and plastered between the covers of shiny magazines.

-Tim Montressor
Philadelphia Americans #40

Build Your Legacy.... Play Classic Paintball
www.IronCityClassic.com
www.ClassicPb.com
Tim40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2010, 01:04 AM #2
JD9940
Forever an AA's Fan

JD9940 supports Cereal Killerz 2
JD9940 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JD9940 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
i could not be any more heart broken
the all americans have been my favorite paintball team since i started playing in 2002
this truly is a loss for the paintball community

good luck to you tim, i know that the paintball gods will see to it that you are treated well

Headgear for Sale
Pants for Sale
JD9940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:10 AM #3
DocR

DocR donated to help Peyton Trent
DocR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DocR supports Team VICIOUS
Wow...from competing in the Finals at Cup...to months later not competing at all.

Had a feeling this was coming.
DocR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:12 AM #4
KingAcquisitions

Wow, to say this is the end of an era is an understatement...... I wish all of the AA's the best in whatever the future holds for them>>
KingAcquisitions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:29 AM #5
rjs21

plays in the NXL
rjs21 donated to help Peyton Trent
rjs21 plays in the APPA D3 division
rjs21 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
=0/ .. a little more of the paintball world falls apart

rjs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:34 AM #6
Dustinkwon
~~~~IRONMEN FTW!!!!~~~~

Dustinkwon supports Team VICIOUS
damn this economy

RARE HP CROSSFIRE 45/4500 HYDRO: 1/07 (PICS AND VID!!!!) CUMMM AND GETT ITTTT
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...6#post69493816

UL'D PM7 FOR SALE ONLY! (ORANGE BOLT and CP SLING!) (PICS AND VID!!)(FULL SETUP F/S!)
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post69494548
Dustinkwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:37 AM #7
Don@SLY Equipment

Don@SLY Equipment works for a Paintball manufacturer
There are few things in this sport that make me step back, and appreciate how well articulated, composed, and executed something was.

Tim, that was one of the best written pieces about tournament paintball I've ever had the pleasure of reading. It made me feel for the team, its struggle, and the sport as a whole.

Sorry to hear the news.

You (and the team) have great potential and will surely continue to be a force to be reckoned with.
don@slyequipment.com
www.slyequipment.com
Don@SLY Equipment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:24 AM #8
Khandra
Iss Go'n Rain!

I have never been a fan of the all Americans. But nonetheless, these words have spoken to me absolutely. I send my deepest sympathies to you, your families, your teammates, and their families. All your friends, your supporters, your fans, your sponsors, all of them. I am truly sorry to hear this. Other teams have come to their end, but the all americans have a true legacy to bear on Their shoulders as individuals and team alike. I hope the best for each and everyone of you. Good luck and Godspeed to all of you in all your endeavors.

Clean Gloss black magno'd a1 f/s/t

Shocktech Burglarized

Right Attitude Paintball- It's all about the Right Attitude.
Khandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:32 AM #9
FrontRunner2
pirates sail, ninjas fail

Your words have so much truth and power behind them Tim. I can remember all the times all of your "family" has faced together as I have watched all of you and the sport progress. I can only imagine how truly heart breaking this must be for all of you to have lived this dream, as a person who once had the same dream, and had it taken away; and especially to be separated from the people who were probably like "family" to you. I wish you the greatest of luck and good fortune to all of you for the things you have done and will continue to do for the sport. The Legend of the AA's isn't over yet, it's just lying dormant, like all good legends do, till the eyes of the masses open to it.

Quikfingers2: Don't think of it as making out, think of it as tongue wrestling. Of course, if you choke her out while doing it then that means you lose.
FrontRunner2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:37 AM #10
ToLiveInInfamy
WHO WANTS IT?PIGS

**** that youll be back by WC
you guys are the ****
see you all later

MEGAN FOX FOREVER ╓──╖
║░░║░║░╓╖░║║░║║░║║░╙─╢
║░░╙╖║░╙╜░║║░╙╜░║║░╓─╢
╙───╜╙────╜╙────╜╙───╜

POOP SKATE MOB (◣◢)┌∩┐
ToLiveInInfamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:07 AM #11
Blackrain7557
Most negative person ever

Blackrain7557 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Sad to see you guys go,
Blackrain7557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:27 AM #12
guliverpaintbala

guliverpaintbala plays in the PSP
guliverpaintbala is playing at Living Legends III
guliverpaintbala supports Team VICIOUS
Wow
guliverpaintbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:28 AM #13
TommyDiablo
durp

Annual Supporting Member

I wish I could say more but I am still in shock to see this.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:20 AM #14
madskates

madskates donated to help Peyton Trent
madskates supports Team VICIOUS
Shocking, They did pretty good last season too.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:03 AM #15
jmartinez1228
XXVIII

I never followed Philly up until a few years ago and I must say you guys are one of the classiest players ive seen play the game. A very "Classy team" as Lasoya would say it. I hope to see AA back on top again as I'll be rooting for your return.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:07 AM #16
dude1it
Christopher

dude1it helped look for balloons
dude1it is an NCPA player
dude1it is a top reviewer

Pittsburgh All American Heroes 2012
dude1it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:10 AM #17
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
It's a sad season so many of the old gaurd has deprated our sport recently whether by choice,necesity, or force. Ever since my all a barrel I've always had love for the all a's. Man gonna be a diff time.....

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
HostileIntent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:52 AM #19
erikguti

erikguti donated to help Peyton Trent
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
erikguti supports Team VICIOUS
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
:-( My favorite team, you are the guys that inspire me to play paintball ... good luck and i hope to see you together next season
erikguti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:02 AM #20
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
One to share from the past...

This team, this organization, this family, has been a large part of our sport for longer than most have been playing, and longer than some current players have been alive! I certainly hope that this end of an era provides the opening for the fresh start at some point Tim talked about, and that we haven't seen the end of the All American name. Best of luck to all the people involved with the team, past and present.

Last edited by Pump Scout : 02-03-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:22 AM #21
hawk5755
London Lewis

hawk5755 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
hawk5755 is playing at Living Legends X
hawk5755 is an NCPA player
hawk5755 is an NCPA National Champion
you should right a book tim....that was truely a heart wrenching read

Tortuga's