PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-01-2012, 11:16 PM #64
wangerinjaw

wangerinjaw plays in the PSP
wangerinjaw plays in the MiLP
wangerinjaw plays in the APPA D5 division
Just want to start by saying that I don't claim to know anything about J-rabs personality, and I did not see the bonus balling. But from what I heard Jrab bonus balled a dude A LOT after the buzzer went off. XSV player retaliated when someone started getting shot.
My $0.02
People are always talking about making paintball a mainstream sport. Why are people going to want to watch a bunch of douches(not saying Jrab is a douche...but he definitely didn't do the smart thing here) bonus ball some dude after the point is over, because he was upset about losing. He got on Facebook and apologized, and I think that is great for him, and says a lot about his character/maturity, but still, suspend Jrab. He did a dumb thing, it was in the heat of the moment and it does happen to everybody but that doesn't mean its alright to do. Cliche, but if everyone jumped off a cliff would you? Work out wheres he's suspended in PSP also. Its pointless to suspend him in one league if he can just go play in another in a couple of weekends.(one more reason for one national league, just sayin) Warn or suspend the XSV player whatever NPPL thinks is best. I would say warn him because to the BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE he was provoked. People are saying "this dude cheats/bonus balls all the time, so why can't Jrab get away with it" No one should get away with it. If Ollie bonus balls someone suspend him. People say he was just upset, Someone posted the video of the lions player stomping the dude cause he was upset and did he get away with it, no. People do a lot of work trying to get friends, family, etc. to watch professional tournaments to try to change their minds about all the stereotypes then some idiot(not just Jrab) does something like this and it destroys someones opinion of the sport.
Just my opinion. Hope nobody takes it the wrong way.
Getting off my pedestal now.

Last edited by wangerinjaw : 04-02-2012 at 12:27 AM.
wangerinjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2012, 11:26 PM #65
killinwithaquest
J-How

killinwithaquest plays in the USPL
killinwithaquest plays in the PSP
killinwithaquest is an NCPA player
killinwithaquest plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB20 View Post
I love how some people here and on facebook are not only talking about this incident, but straight up unnecessarily calling him names and this and that acting like they know him. I get that you want to talk about the incident and put your two cents in, but acting immature and trying to be an internet badass by calling him this and that is a bit ridiculous.

i cannot agree more. get out of his personal life especially if you are a friend of his personal page. thanks for reiterating that g-no

SYNDICATE
killinwithaquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:28 AM #66
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

has been a member for 10 years
Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
I saw this happen...I don't know any of the players involved personally, so I can't speak of their character.

What I do know, is that the XSV player was shot by the 1st guy running through...the buzzer sounded...the XSV player stood up...J-Rab hopped over the snake and bonus balled the XSV player...XSV player shot back, and started walking away...J-Rab then unloaded his hopper on the XSV player...a referee came over and physically pushed J-Rab back towards the pits, while other referees kept the other XSV players away from J-Rab.

I believe that if he is not suspended, NPPL loses what little credibility they have. If any professional league doesn't protect it's players, fans & participants begin to walk away. If you have already alienated many of your fans & participants at this same event through politics, not punishing this particular incident will create an even bigger loss in support.
Blacc Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:46 AM #67
MarkParris
CK Mafia

MarkParris is a Supporting Member
MarkParris owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntball1o1 View Post
Part of paintball according to your logic:
  • Acting in an unprofessional manner
  • Disregarding the buzzer and time stoppage
  • Disregarding referees and officials
  • Over shooting players with no chance of winning a match
  • Potential suspension that will hurt your team in future events

I hope you play PSP.
People make mistakes, this **** does happen in paintball all the time. If you have never seen it happen you obviously have never been to a paintball tournament. Who is seriously watching this that thinks jrab's actions are going to make a direct impact on the reputation of the sport. If anything the sport has already been damaged way further than that. You idiots need to accept that paintball isn't going to be a mainstream sport anytime soon. He ****ed up, and he apologized for it. If you ever had an actual conversation with him you would know he is a good guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post

Words cannot describe how stupid that line of thought is. Standing up into a lane and taking a few bonusballs is one thing. Hosing someone down after the match is over and the buzzer has blown is not "part of paintball". That'd be equivalent in football to sacking the quarterback and then after the whistle body slamming him on the ground.
Actually it is. I've seen pro's turn and blast one another after the game had been dead for atleast a minute. When you are frustrated because your team is getting completely dominated, and you have a peak level of adrenaline running threw your body you have a potential to do something dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB20 View Post
I love how some people here and on facebook are not only talking about this incident, but straight up unnecessarily calling him names and this and that acting like they know him. I get that you want to talk about the incident and put your two cents in, but acting immature and trying to be an internet badass by calling him this and that is a bit ridiculous.
Pretty much exactly how I feel.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:20 AM #68
neoh
richmondpaintball.ca

JRabs a cool cat. But lets face it, buzzer is off - game is over, his motivation for the obvious twenty rounds into the guys chest and head was a blatant poor sport attitude towards their loss. Jrab is an icon and a roll model, he should act the part. He's representing a team, a sport and a brand. Man up.

He should be suspended.
neoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:01 AM #69
MarkParris
CK Mafia

Players get suspended in other sports because they actually lose money when they do it, thus there being some sort of consequence. How much does jrab make if anything for playing nppl? He will still be able to play psp, millennium, and other events so what are you really accomplishing by slapping him on the wrist and suspending him.

Accept his apology and get over it.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:08 AM #70
Issate

Issate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Well, you are kinda making a statment that in THIS tournament we dont accept that kind of behaviour... Dont drag PSP, millennium and other tourneys into this. It happened in NPPL, and he should be suspended in the NPPL...
Why are you guys making excusses for him ? He has personally said that he did what he did and it was wrong....
Issate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:11 AM #71
MarkParris
CK Mafia

If he acknowledges that he was wrong why punish him for a mistake... pointless when it doesn't accomplish anything. It's pretty clear that everyone knows you aren't supposed to blow someones head off after a game.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:32 PM #72
Undertow_2008
Murdertron For Life

Undertow_2008 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Undertow_2008 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Jrab flipped out. Losing does messed up things to all of us. He made his internet apology (It isn't great but it shows some remorse) The NPPL will decide what is best to do with him and either way, you know that XSV will be out for blood at the next event. They take it out on the whole team too. One person's choices can affect a whole team. It'll be interesting to watch.
Ransom #8

Killing for Murdertron
Undertow_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:04 PM #73
Blacc Dragon
Deadbox Savant

Blacc Dragon donated to help Peyton Trent
Blacc Dragon helped look for balloons
Blacc Dragon supports Team VICIOUS
Blacc Dragon posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkParris View Post
People make mistakes, this **** does happen in paintball all the time. If you have never seen it happen you obviously have never been to a paintball tournament. Who is seriously watching this that thinks jrab's actions are going to make a direct impact on the reputation of the sport. If anything the sport has already been damaged way further than that. You idiots need to accept that paintball isn't going to be a mainstream sport anytime soon. He ****ed up, and he apologized for it. If you ever had an actual conversation with him you would know he is a good guy.
^This is completely asinine! Many people who saw it happen yesterday, have never seen it happen! Some of them have been involved with paintball, and some of them have not.

How many parents at the event do you think saw it happen, & decided right there that paintball wasn't something that their children will be involved with...via the webcast? That would be having a direct impact on the sport.

As far as the sport already being damaged worse prior to this...how did that happen? By people making stupid *** decisions...for whatever excuse they decide to use.

I have already stated that I do not know him, nor have I ever had a personal conversation with him. But, I do know that this is not the first incident that he has had...at some point, after multiple similar incidents, it becomes harder & harder to accept that he is a good guy.

Quote:
Players get suspended in other sports because they actually lose money when they do it, thus there being some sort of consequence. How much does jrab make if anything for playing nppl? He will still be able to play psp, millennium, and other events so what are you really accomplishing by slapping him on the wrist and suspending him.

Accept his apology and get over it.
Whatever income he makes, I am sure that it is better with NPPL, than it is without NPPL...otherwise, why play NPPL at all? The most affected by any sort of suspension, would be the team. How much money did they get for second? How much more difficult would it be to repeat, or better that performance without J-Rab? How much money do they get for a series title? How hard is that to accomplish without J-Rab? Or without consistent top finishes?

Quote:
If he acknowledges that he was wrong why punish him for a mistake... pointless when it doesn't accomplish anything. It's pretty clear that everyone knows you aren't supposed to blow someones head off after a game.
If this were all it took, Charles Manson (no, I am not saying the two incidents are comparable) would have apologized decades ago. I am not saying that J-Rab killed anyone, or anything even close, what I am saying is that he broke a rule, and should be held accountable...rather than having excuses made for him.

It's pretty clear that J-Rab didn't know it...or just didn't care that he shouldn't do it...or just knew that he was "J-Rab", and nothing would ever be done to him.
Blacc Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:43 AM #74
Yoheezie

Yoheezie plays in the PSP
Yoheezie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yoheezie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yoheezie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yoheezie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
JRab is a great paintballer, sure. Did he mess up by overshooting after the buzzer? Yes. Did he do the right thing by apologizing? Yes. Does he still deserve punishment? Yes.

What kind of message does NPPL want to send to its players? How do you think the sport would be if everyone did crap like this and got out of it by simply issuing an apology? Yes he apologized, and sure he probably meant it. But a formal apology still doesn't undo what has already been done. He should serve out his punishment and move forward from there. This should be taken as a learning experience for him and anyone else in the sport. A learning experience of what NOT to do, and what happens if you choose to do it anyways.

At the end of the day, I'm still a JRab and Damage fan. Best thing they can do at this point is move forward and be class acts, which I have no doubt they will do.
NorCal Classic #33

NCC Sponsors
Zephyr Paintball, ANS Gear, Santa Clara Paintball, Cutting Edge Paintball, Davis Paintball, American Paintball Park, Thirty First Outfitters

Clone GT #709; Bob Long Victory - Supercharged, 4C Eyes, Violent Scythe Trigger
Yoheezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:42 AM #75
MarkParris
CK Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacc Dragon View Post
^This is completely asinine! Many people who saw it happen yesterday, have never seen it happen! Some of them have been involved with paintball, and some of them have not.

How many parents at the event do you think saw it happen, & decided right there that paintball wasn't something that their children will be involved with...via the webcast? That would be having a direct impact on the sport.

As far as the sport already being damaged worse prior to this...how did that happen? By people making stupid *** decisions...for whatever excuse they decide to use.

I have already stated that I do not know him, nor have I ever had a personal conversation with him. But, I do know that this is not the first incident that he has had...at some point, after multiple similar incidents, it becomes harder & harder to accept that he is a good guy.

Whatever income he makes, I am sure that it is better with NPPL, than it is without NPPL...otherwise, why play NPPL at all? The most affected by any sort of suspension, would be the team. How much money did they get for second? How much more difficult would it be to repeat, or better that performance without J-Rab? How much money do they get for a series title? How hard is that to accomplish without J-Rab? Or without consistent top finishes?

If this were all it took, Charles Manson (no, I am not saying the two incidents are comparable) would have apologized decades ago. I am not saying that J-Rab killed anyone, or anything even close, what I am saying is that he broke a rule, and should be held accountable...rather than having excuses made for him.

It's pretty clear that J-Rab didn't know it...or just didn't care that he shouldn't do it...or just knew that he was "J-Rab", and nothing would ever be done to him.
Everyone who has rewatched the video clearly saw that Jrab wasn't the only one with his gun up shooting at the time. This has been blown out of proportion by everyone. The only reason why so many people are putting him down is because the commentator only called jrab out for it.

As far as paintball being damaged by this situation, the vulgar behavior and profanity at events detracts more parents from the sport than anything. You all are silly as ****, every ****ing month something new happens and all of PBNation jumps on it "omg this is going to be the end of paintball"... Paintball survived the economy crashing to **** so far, if it survived that I'm sure it will survive jrab blowing someone's head off.

Call my opinion asinine all you want, but it's just realistic.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:19 PM #76
Freakshow0315

plays in the NXL
Freakshow0315 plays in the MiLP
Freakshow0315 is an NCPA player
Freakshow0315 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by wangerinjaw View Post
Just want to start by saying that I don't claim to know anything about J-rabs personality, and I did not see the bonus balling. But from what I heard Jrab bonus balled a dude A LOT after the buzzer went off. XSV player retaliated when someone started getting shot.
My $0.02
People are always talking about making paintball a mainstream sport. Why are people going to want to watch a bunch of douches(not saying Jrab is a douche...but he definitely didn't do the smart thing here) bonus ball some dude after the point is over, because he was upset about losing. He got on Facebook and apologized, and I think that is great for him, and says a lot about his character/maturity, but still, suspend Jrab. He did a dumb thing, it was in the heat of the moment and it does happen to everybody but that doesn't mean its alright to do. Cliche, but if everyone jumped off a cliff would you? Work out wheres he's suspended in PSP also. Its pointless to suspend him in one league if he can just go play in another in a couple of weekends.(one more reason for one national league, just sayin) Warn or suspend the XSV player whatever NPPL thinks is best. I would say warn him because to the BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE he was provoked. People are saying "this dude cheats/bonus balls all the time, so why can't Jrab get away with it" No one should get away with it. If Ollie bonus balls someone suspend him. People say he was just upset, Someone posted the video of the lions player stomping the dude cause he was upset and did he get away with it, no. People do a lot of work trying to get friends, family, etc. to watch professional tournaments to try to change their minds about all the stereotypes then some idiot(not just Jrab) does something like this and it destroys someones opinion of the sport.
Just my opinion. Hope nobody takes it the wrong way.
Getting off my pedestal now.
There is no reason to warn the XSV player. If some punk comes gunning at me after the regular play is over - that's assault brother, and I WILL go for his throat. He had every right to defend himself and give as good as he got or better. This is a sport in which the activity can be potentially lethal if abused - he and every other player has every right to defend themselves if another player is abusing the way the game is played. SUSPEND J-RAB!

"Can't stop, won't stop - gotta, gotta, gotta win!"
Freakshow0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:46 PM #77
GivenRandy

Still waiting for the video....

Edit: found the full 8 hour one, but here's the section:

http://youtu.be/1kL2LLeuNZ0

If you just breeze through it once, it's almost nothing. But, if you put yourself in the game and replay it several times, it's totally unsportsmanlike.

Last edited by GivenRandy : 04-14-2012 at 06:27 AM.
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:22 PM #78
GivenRandy

Quote:
The only reason why so many people are putting him down is because the commentator only called jrab out for it.
Yeah, right, I'm sure that's it.
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote