PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-24-2012, 10:56 AM #1
codmaster

codmaster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
codmaster plays in the APPA beginner division
bring the pm8 back

Dye please bring the pm8 back revamp and make it the new dm or something i mean i like the dm12 but it too big and the 13 is basically a copy of the 12. The pm8 was a great gun and proto matrix series was my favorite series. anybody else have thoughts about this put them below.

EGO 11 FS/T
Ninja Events FS/T
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2012, 11:48 AM #2
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter supports Team VICIOUS
mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
they will not do it, there was a reason why they stopped making it. Make a better gun then the flagship, and then cheapen it down with ribbon eyes.

and sell it for 500 dollars cheaper

(but I prefer the pm7 over the pm8 to be honest.) even with the stock frame, toss a cp sling and I am a happy camper
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:49 PM #3
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
dm6 > all dm/pm
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM #4
JoshC90

JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
naw i think the pm8 feels way better then the DM6, but a eye pipeless dm is the ****. But ill buy the stupid things

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 PM #5
peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC90 View Post
naw i think the pm8 feels way better then the DM6, but a eye pipeless dm is the ****. But ill buy the stupid things
lolwut, The DM's hold a larger volume of air in the chambers, the higher volume means it can run at lower pressures... which means less kick.. The PM's typically weigh slightly less, so again, less kick on the DM. How can it be WAY better? Either the DM you shot was terribly tuned, or you dont have a clue of what you're talking about.

And you cant tell me you were talking about the ergo's as they are completely the same.

Last edited by peacob : 11-24-2012 at 07:38 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:17 PM #6
jmfknpizzle

jmfknpizzle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jmfknpizzle is attending Decay of Nations VI
Just bought another pm8 from my local shop today. Black to blue fade with a fresh set of east coast killer grips.going to play speedball tomorrow can't wait by far my favorite pm/dm
jmfknpizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:59 PM #7
JoshC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob View Post
lolwut, The DM's hold a larger volume of air in the chambers, the higher volume means it can run at lower pressures... which means less kick.. The PM's typically weigh slightly less, so again, less kick on the DM. How can it be WAY better? Either the DM you shot was terribly tuned, or you dont have a clue of what you're talking about.

And you cant tell me you were talking about the ergo's as they are completely the same.
Are you a moron or do you just like to try and talk trash? I said i THINK THEY FEEL BETTER. IDGAF what you think, its my hands not yours. I NEVER mentioned shot smoothness at all, plus thats all personal opinion anyways. Grow up, i would shoot a pm8 over a dm6. Cuz i shoot what I LIKE, i think they FEEL better then a g6r or geo2 also. Got some more bull**** to throw at me?

Feel= comfort in hand and mobility. Which will change from person to person. If you like the way dm6 feels in hand more then good for you, i dont

And for the record, my pm8s as smooth as any DM. And i dont care if you think so or not. I shot it then a dm7 side by side, couldnt tell difference shot wise. You say the larger air volume will make it smoother, which all depends on how its tuned AND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. Not everyones "tuned" DM is tuned to produce the exact same thing, its what the user wants from the gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfknpizzle View Post
Just bought another pm8 from my local shop today. Black to blue fade with a fresh set of east coast killer grips.going to play speedball tomorrow can't wait by far my favorite pm/dm
My pm8 is blk to blue, LOVE fades. They look so sick. Ide rather shoot it over my axe anyday, its like lazer just fly from the barrel without even a whisper or movement at all. Strait raining paint

Support American Made

Last edited by JoshC90 : 11-24-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:34 PM #8
peacob

Quote:
Are you a moron or do you just like to try and talk trash? I said i THINK THEY FEEL BETTER. IDGAF what you think, its my hands not yours. I NEVER mentioned shot smoothness at all, plus thats all personal opinion anyways. Grow up, i would shoot a pm8 over a dm6. Cuz i shoot what I LIKE, i think they FEEL better then a g6r or geo2 also. Got some more bull**** to throw at me?

Feel= comfort in hand and mobility. Which will change from person to person. If you like the way dm6 feels in hand more then good for you, i dont

And for the record, my pm8s as smooth as any DM. And i dont care if you think so or not. I shot it then a dm7 side by side, couldnt tell difference shot wise. You say the larger air volume will make it smoother, which all depends on how its tuned AND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. Not everyones "tuned" DM is tuned to produce the exact same thing, its what the user wants from the gun.

My pm8 is blk to blue, LOVE fades. They look so sick. Ide rather shoot it over my axe anyday, its like lazer just fly from the barrel without even a whisper or movement at all. Strait raining paint
Calm down child. Clearly you GAF of what i think considering your reaction.

PS- You dont know what you're talking about with tuning and the larger air volume. lol. But by all means, continue to think you do

The PM8 is still a great gun nonetheless.

Carry on..

Last edited by peacob : 11-24-2012 at 10:37 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 PM #9
tauntedmonster
Can you hear ** now?

tauntedmonster is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tauntedmonster helped look for balloons
LOUD NOISES

We all love dm/pm. That's all.
tauntedmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:20 PM #10
JoshC90

Quote:
Calm down child. Clearly you GAF of what i think considering your reaction.

PS- You dont know what you're talking about with tuning and the larger air volume. lol. But by all means, continue to think you do

The PM8 is still a great gun nonetheless.

Carry on..
lol you cant argue that any single opinion is more correct then any other. Its only an opinion, and im sure you think ure super smart.

Support American Made

Last edited by JoshC90 : 11-24-2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:26 PM #11
peacob

Quote:
lol you cant argue that any single opinion is more correct then any other. Its only an opinion, and im sure you think ure super smart.
ok.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 AM #12
jmfknpizzle

jmfknpizzle owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jmfknpizzle is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
just bought an upped mimosa 15 mins ago I need to get off here
jmfknpizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:48 PM #13
recklessbob

recklessbob plays in the PSP
recklessbob is an NCPA player
recklessbob plays in the APPA D4 division
i love my pm8 its a great shooting marker. just those dam ribbon eyes lol
recklessbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:46 AM #14
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
Quote:
The DM's hold a larger volume of air in the chambers, the higher volume means it can run at lower pressures... which means less kick..
This is the second time I've heard this... yet I still do not believe it. Considering the same bolts will fit the equivalent PM's, the ID of the internal bore for the bolt has to be the same for it to seal correctly. Otherwise, the o rings would just float in space. I could be wrong, but I have seen no evidence to convince me otherwise.

IMO, I think this sounds like one of those unsubstantiated myths that people tell themselves to justify spending money on a more expensive marker. I will be happy to recant my statement if someone can prove me wrong though.

Last edited by CrazyHarry : 11-29-2012 at 06:50 AM.
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:16 PM #15
codmaster

codmaster owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
codmaster plays in the APPA beginner division
I'd Almost prefer a fully up'd pm7 (like ul frame, reach trigger, dm clamping feedneck, 45 degree hyper 3, nt asa than pm8 with all those up just cause of the damn eye pipe

EGO 11 FS/T
Ninja Events FS/T
codmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:27 PM #16
JoshC90

Quote:
Originally Posted by recklessbob View Post
i love my pm8 its a great shooting marker. just those dam ribbon eyes lol
Run wired eyes dude, i do. Just tape the wires to the noid out of the way so they cant get pinched. Even the virtue lazer eyes will work, the UL ones of course

Support American Made
Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 PM #17
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by codmaster View Post
I'd Almost prefer a fully up'd pm7 (like ul frame, reach trigger, dm clamping feedneck, 45 degree hyper 3, nt asa than pm8 with all those up just cause of the damn eye pipe
I think you're crazy, lol.

I like the eye pipe, and the pipe for the PM8 is half the price of the "upgraded" pipe, plus the spring detents last forever.

I've got a PM8 with a virtue OLED board, an ironman trigger (which IMO is way better then the reach trigger... it really feels nice), DM clamping feedneck, a billy wing bolt and a POPS ASA... all I need is a hyper 3 and it'll be maxed, lol.
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:41 PM #18
dijonr2

dijonr2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by codmaster View Post
This is very true, I can't stand the eye pipes. My favorite gun is a UL'd 07 Minion, with the 45 degree hyper 3, Virtue OLED, 1 piece Critical .688 Barrel, BL cam drive, NT feedneck, kila detents & I know people hate this but it works for me the TechT L7 bolt. I'm telling you, when people shoot my Minion they can't believe how quiet & smooth it is. & I have other guns(Geo 2's G6r's & Clone Vx) I use so please don't think I don't know my markers. I have to post a pic of it when I get home b/c It's just so mint & clean looking. I like it so much I'm trying to snag another Minion & will do the same ups but add a 7th Element board to it instead of the Virtue.

Last edited by dijonr2 : 12-01-2012 at 07:30 AM.
dijonr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:11 PM #19
EOS Player
Underground Local Pro

EOS Player owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
EOS Player is for the Gunfight
EOS Player supports Pev's Paintball
EOS Player plays in the APPA beginner division
EOS Player has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijonr2 View Post
This is very true, I can't stand the eye pipes. My favorite gun is a UL'd 07 Minion, with the 45 degree hyper 3, Virtue OLED, 1 piece Critical .688 Barrel, BL cam drive, NT feedneck, kila detents & I know people hate this but it works for me the TechT L7 bolt. I'm telling you, when people shoot my Minion they can't believe how quiet & smooth it is. & I have other guns(Geo 2's G6r's & Clone Vx) I use so please don't think I don't know my markers. I have to post a pic of it when I get home b/c It's just so mint & clean looking. I like it so much I'm trying to snag another Minion & will do the same ups but add a 7th Element board to it instead of the Virtue.

Lol, all of those upgrades aren't necessary. But yes, PM7's are a great deal for the prices you can pick the up for.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:18 PM #20
JoepSantaniello
Sentient Gym Sock

JoepSantaniello supports DLX Technology
ribbon eyes on my PM7 just finally snapped. 25$ for new ones, praise jesus
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 PM #21
pbkidminion
minion

pbkidminion owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion supports Team VICIOUS
pbkidminion plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHarry

This is the second time I've heard this... yet I still do not believe it. Considering the same bolts will fit the equivalent PM's, the ID of the internal bore for the bolt has to be the same for it to seal correctly. Otherwise, the o rings would just float in space. I could be wrong, but I have seen no evidence to convince me otherwise.

IMO, I think this sounds like one of those unsubstantiated myths that people tell themselves to justify spending money on a more expensive marker. I will be happy to recant my statement if someone can prove me wrong though.
The only difference is the can is slightly different. For example, when you are putting a dm9/10 bolt kit in a pm7, you have to use the pm7 can with the bolt kit. So, there is a minor difference in air volume, but I don't really think that it makes that much of a difference.

Just thought I would put this straight.
-Hell Survivors Mercenary #77-

Sandana Owners Club
pbkidminion is offline   Reply With Quote