PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-25-2009, 07:30 PM #1
tunedis95

>>>>2 vids of my problem child MINI<<<<

posted up problems a couple days ago...

i went to a local paintball store today...replaced the solenoid and the little brass deal in the bolt...and noticed there was not a spring behind it...we added a spring and got no results....well here are the vidz!!!

the gun has been stripped down...fresh batteries...cleaned...eyes cleaned as well as the machined holes in the gun

This is showing how my gun is acting...virtue board installed...similar results with stock board

the new problem...gun is not holding its air~~~~ WTF!!!!
tunedis95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2009, 08:58 PM #2
snowboarder202

for the air leak try replacing your tank o-ring
snowboarder202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:04 PM #3
jdogg246

jdogg246 plays in the PSP
jdogg246 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jdogg246 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jdogg246 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
reset the poppit. If that dont stop the leak then reset the solonoid. you might have to take it apart and clean it. If your not familiar with how to look at the how to fix your mini sticky.
jdogg246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:17 PM #4
tooocool49723

reset your poppet. That's where the barrel leak is coming from.

On the board issue, have you tried firing it with air? How about with paint in it? Sometimes on mine the solenoid wont audibly cycle even with the eyes off, but i've never had a problem with it not firing.

If it doesn't fire with air/paint, then you know it's a solenoid issue. You've replaced the battery, so move on. Reset the solenoid, check the wiring, and if your still not up and running, quit messing around and send it to kee.

IF it's a solenoid problem, then check this thread: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...&post=50676688
and this thread: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post48211228

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini fixing thread

If your mini is leaking down the barrel

First off, you should make sure that you have the most up to date poppit.
(What is my Mini, V1 or V2 thread) or (How To: Identify Invert Mini 1st/2nd Generation Parts) (If you have a poppit that is out of date, contact kee for a replacement. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

If you have the latest poppit, step one should be to reset your poppit. You can do this by screwing the back cap all the way in tightly to make sure that the poppit face is properly sealing. If this stops the leak, but the leak returns once you unscrew the back cap to your proper velocity you should check your poppit face for damage. There should be no lube on the poppit face, or in the hole in the side of the poppit. Only a slight amount of lube should be on the oring. If you have a replacement poppit face, try replacing it. If not contact kee for a new poppit. Kee’s phone number is 1-800-220-3222.

If your poppit is not the issue, check all of the orings on the bolt guide, poppit, and bolt for visual damage. Replace any damaged orings. Lightly lube all of the orings and reassemble your mini. (how to properly lube your mini) (how to properly assemble your mini)

If the problem persists, reset your solenoid by following the steps bellow.

Take the top three phillips head screws out off Solenoid Cap. (Make sure to press down hard to avoid stripping screws. If the screw get stripped you will have to buy a new Solenoid.) Next pull the piston out which is held in by a magnetic force and check the seals on both the bottom and top of the piston. They should be flush with the rest of the piston if not grab a small allen key and push the seal in and pull the allen key out until it goes back to flush position. – (originally posted by cjs9485)

While you have your solenoid apart you might want to clean it and re lube it before putting it back together. (how to properly service your solenoid)

Last edited by tooocool49723 : 03-25-2009 at 09:20 PM.
tooocool49723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:01 PM #5
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
It sounds like the shop you brought it to should not be working on a Mini. The the board issue, looks like a trigger magnet or HES magnet problem. Atleast that is where I would start looking. The air leak, #1 just putting a spring in the poppet is not a good idea if it was not a poppet that was made for a spring, also a bad idea if it is not the spring made for the poppet. Take the spring out if either of those are the case. Reset the poppet and see if that helps with the leak at all, if not time to start a o-ring rebuild. That includes going thru the noid. If you or the shop are not able to do it properly please contact somebody that is qualfied to work on the Mini.

Last edited by TheBoss33 : 03-27-2009 at 09:08 PM.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:46 PM #6
tunedis95

Thank you so much everyone...i'm stressed..i love my gun...and want to get it working...i've been busy...first thing tomorrow morning...mini will have another through breakdown...i have reset the solenoid already...i'll try it a third time..remember i already replaced it with a new one...no change.. I'll keep ya posted...any other ideas please let me know...
Old 03-27-2009, 03:35 PM #7
tunedis95

alright...i replaced all o rings in the bolt and the one on the bottle...lubed everything....I need to find the poppet spring...i think thats the problem with that....so i'll get that and it should fix the huge leak problem....

as for the electrical side...i reset the poppet as directed..cleaned and all that good stuff....still the same thing...disable the eyes and still no click coming from the solenoid....so i donno...eyes were cleaned again as well...somebody with a virtue board...tell me how to properly turn on the gun.... i though u just press the button and its ready to fire....and dry fire...hold the button down for a couple seconds to disable the eyes they it should dry fire(I dont go all crazy)...thats it right...i cant even get the board in programming mode!!!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:10 PM #8
TheBoss33

TheBoss33 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheBoss33 is All In
TheBoss33 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss33 View Post
The the board issue, looks like a trigger magnet or HES magnet problem. Atleast that is where I would start looking.
It would be that same type things stopping you from getting into program mode. Besides I thought I would be a "Cool Guy" and quote myself.
TheBoss33 is offline   Reply With Quote