PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-01-2004, 12:58 AM #1
xxxpaintballa69

grand prix good start?

what do u guys think of a 00-02 grand prix for a first car. my max amout to spend is $8000-$10,000

i want somethin with a little go and room for friends or other junk

just tell me your experiences with them
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-01-2004, 02:57 AM #2
Ballin' Paint
James

has been a member for 10 years
My dad has one. It better be a GT or GTP. They are pretty quick, and seem to be pretty decent cars, nothing amazing though. I think its a good first car.
Gilles Rear sets, CRG levers
HID's High/Low, 520 15/42 with Xring
Speedo healer, Corbin seat

"RC51's are not for everyone...not everyone likes twins messing around between their legs"
Old 08-01-2004, 04:12 AM #3
F1VENOM

GTP has a supercharged 3800. They can be pretty quick but for 10k you're going to have to look for one 00 or a little older. They run mid 15's stock with the 2 door coupe. I was going to get one until I realized I was looking for handling more then power and luxury. All around great car.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 08-01-2004, 12:43 PM #4
golfer
IMAREALTUNERLOL

GTP's run more like low 15's or high 14's... Also they can handle really good. Friend has a gtp with eibachs and 18" koni rims...feel's like its on rails.
Old 08-01-2004, 01:10 PM #5
pntbllrmrc

gtps dont run 14's, they run mid to low 15, and dont handle worth **** compared to f1's spec v....
Old 08-01-2004, 04:45 PM #6
F1VENOM

Lets play the numbers game. 240hp/280lb-ft and a 3400lb chassis for just the 2 door coupe. By comparison a Mustang GT has 260hp/300lb-ft and a 3200lb chassis. Mustang GT's run solid mid 14's. The GTP has neither the power ratio or the LSD that the GT has. They run mid 15's on stock rolling gear. Your friend with Eibach springs and 18" Konis may feel better then stock but is far from being on rails. The Eibach's lower the COG and increase the spring rate so the body roll is reduced allowing it a more neutral feel. The Konis help turn in but depending on the rubber ( a more accurate judge then rims) they can hurt ride quality and do hurt acceleration and braking.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 08-01-2004, 09:28 PM #7
Stealth_MonkeyXTC

ummm how about no numbers, and get down to real facts....avg. ive seen around here is 14.3
Old 08-01-2004, 09:50 PM #8
pntbllrmrc

Let me be the first to say there is NO way a stock GTP will run a 14.3 and if you beleive that they will your retarded....

EDIT: and you say the average youve seen is 14.3 so your sayin youve seen a stock gtp run faster than that. You my friend are an idiot....

Last edited by pntbllrmrc : 08-01-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:57 PM #9
Featherlite 50
Unstoppable

Featherlite 50 is playing at Living Legends III
My cousin has a GTP, not sure of the year. He likes it alot, and seems to think its pretty fast. Also since its supercharged already, you can do a pulley swap for cheap and easy HP.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:03 PM #10
AutoMaggot

AutoMaggot is a Moderator
I can't comment on the GT or GTP, but the SEs are slower than balls.