Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-12-2012, 10:49 PM #127
oldskoopimp1
XXX

has been a member for 10 years
oldskoopimp1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oldskoopimp1 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
i bought a eigenbolt but it will not cycle in my gun why is that? I have not changed anything on the axe all stock at 180psi.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:12 PM #128
Clark Gryphyn
Bad Juju

Are you trolling? If not, there are quite a lot of reasons why it may not be cycling. Read this thread and I'm sure you will find your answer.
Clark Gryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:40 AM #129
oldskoopimp1
XXX

oldskoopimp1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
oldskoopimp1 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
No im not trolling i just want the bolt to work or be replaced.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:18 AM #130
Clark Gryphyn
Bad Juju

If it won't cycle at all, most likely there is too much friction on the bolt-guide o-rings. You'll see this come up a lot earlier in this thread. Try swapping for some slightly smaller rings and see if that helps.

Since every gun is different, and this bolt is so specialized, it takes some tweaking to fit it for each gun. It isn't just a "drop in and go" type of thing. When you get it adjusted to your gun the benefits are worth it over the stock bolt, but there is usually some work involved.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:56 PM #131
rivmicro

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskoopimp1 View Post
i bought a eigenbolt but it will not cycle in my gun why is that? I have not changed anything on the axe all stock at 180psi.
You can start by checking your battery
Place your board to factory reset
Use the bolt installation guide read it a few times do you have a clear understanding and then install it.
Hope this helps
rivmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:02 PM #132
rivmicro

Wink Backup oring link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
While I don't know how to compare the two, it fulfills the same function. It's an off the shelf oring backup from mcmaster Carr. Made from ptfe
Back up oring link
http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=kkuxi3
rivmicro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:41 PM #133
HoboJester

HoboJester owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
HoboJester is for the Gunfight
HoboJester has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
HoboJester has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Just got my lurker bolt after reading this thread (and i have one in my nxt shocker) cant wait to put it in and tune it.

GLOSS BLACK V2 MINI W/CP RAKE TRIGGER
SHOCKTECH LOWRISE FEEDECK
LURKER BOLT, CP BARREL
HoboJester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:11 PM #134
chicagoaxe13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboJester View Post
Just got my lurker bolt after reading this thread (and i have one in my nxt shocker) cant wait to put it in and tune it.
truly is a great product. I played reball friday night with my lurker bolt and barrel for the first time. Its unreal how smooth and quiet it is. We actually had a friend do a blind sound comparison with his ego vs my axe. A third person judged with his back turned. I won
chicagoaxe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:26 PM #135
631_Apathy
Dehh

plays in the NXL
631_Apathy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
631_Apathy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Is the white teflon oring necessary? My kit came with one but is broken in half.
631_Apathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:06 PM #136
Spork033
Din Eidyn

After reading this thread, I've finally decided to order the Axe Eigenbolt. I am currently living in the UK, but one of my teammates is over in the US for Christmas, so I've had it shipped to him and he'll carry it over to me. Can't WAIT to get it installed... I've not even bought the AXE yet, that's how excited I am to try out this bolt!
Spork033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:05 AM #137
Red141

Quote:
Originally Posted by 631_Apathy View Post
Is the white teflon oring necessary? My kit came with one but is broken in half.
It is not necessary but is a great addition. Is it completely broken in half or just split at one point?

Read post #65 in this thread to see how it is supposed to be installed.
Red141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:42 PM #138
gjoyce3

Received my eigenbolt last week and I installed it in my mini last night. The o-ring that came seated in the spacer was fairly loose having a significantly smaller diameter than the groove in the spacer (it is bigger than the replacement 0-rings for the bolt guide - I checked). Perhaps because of the size discrepancy, I could not get the spacer installed - I just could not get the o-ring to stay in place in the groove in the spacer. Low and behold there was another o-ring in my kit that git perfectly in the groove. While it still took a fingernail splitting shove, I was able to install the spacer onto the bolt guide.

I was unable to identify the true function of this the extra o-ring (it was not the newly added o-ring that serves as a buffer behind the split white ring on the bolt itself. Anybody care to venture a guess as to whether my install needs revising and what the true function of this errant o-ring is?

I did not have the chance to get to the range, but there is a definite improvement in the sound signature - quite a bit more quite with the eigenbolt and eigenbarrel installed. Assuming that there are no surprises when I get to a range and tune the marker, I am one happy camper.
gjoyce3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:18 PM #139
MyJTRox

MyJTRox is a Supporting Member
MyJTRox plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
MyJTRox is an NCPA National Champion
Finally got mine to cycle what feels like normally. Back cap is around 2 turns out and dwell at 5 ms. Been so long since I had to really tinker with this bolt (sold my last one with my last Axe). Hoping all is within range so I don't have to mess with it too much before my next practice.

Also, what are the square o-rings for? These are new to me...
APPA

Last edited by MyJTRox : 02-16-2013 at 02:21 PM.
MyJTRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:19 PM #140
xTheirOut2GetUx
Been there, seen that.

xTheirOut2GetUx is a Supporting Member
xTheirOut2GetUx plays in the PSP
xTheirOut2GetUx is an NCPA player
So I got my lurker bolt in the mail today I have two issues maybe someone can help me out with first off. I hadn't realized I don't have the front soft face of the bolt because my gun came with the ndz bolt which does not have a rubber face its all delrin.... Where can I get one of these???

Second the post off didn't handle my bolt well.

You can see that little piece missing off the front sitting next to it. When I manage to get my hands on the stock front piece is this going to cause problems with the bolt?
Old 02-16-2013, 09:20 PM #141
xTheirOut2GetUx
Been there, seen that.

Any and all answers/help appreciated.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 PM #142
Clark Gryphyn
Bad Juju

I think you're going to need to get a new one from Lurker. Definitely don't want a damaged bolt in your gun.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 AM #143
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Mega Moderator
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Sending him a new one
Lurker27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 PM #144
xTheirOut2GetUx
Been there, seen that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
Sending him a new one
Yes he his, lurker products don't just work great. He's a great guy too.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:41 PM #145
LiL_NguyeN707

LiL_NguyeN707 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
LiL_NguyeN707 supports Team VICIOUS
LiL_NguyeN707 plays in the APPA D3 division
LiL_NguyeN707 supports Ninja Paintball
soo... im having troubles with my lurker bolt... Ive had a lurker before when i had a axe back at the end of '11. i loved the way it shot and felt, but now it seems to be giving me a bigger headache than help.

I got it all installed and such perfectly fine. but its the tuning part of it thats killing me. back when i had it in '11, i was able to have it running at like 150psi, 3.5ms dwell, and about 2 turns out. but now im not even able to get it to ONE of those without problems. if i turn down the dwell, i get bad dropoff, if i drop the pressure the gun wont reach 280, and the backcap is being variable depending on what i do... Im using a SLP tank, but the problems still do persist with even a high output tank.

im using the bolt with the spacer and oring/white ring on it with the stock spring. Im using dow33 on all internal parts, everything has had at least 5 cases through it, so its well broken in, and the battery is a fresh duracell battery. i dont know what could b happening, but its getting really frustrating.

Any idea on what could help? im really just getting tired of the headache and am thinking about going to a boss, cuz that used to work great in the axe.
LiL_NguyeN707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:03 AM #146
MyJTRox

MyJTRox is a Supporting Member
MyJTRox plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
MyJTRox is an NCPA National Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJTRox View Post
Finally got mine to cycle what feels like normally. Back cap is around 2 turns out and dwell at 5 ms. Been so long since I had to really tinker with this bolt (sold my last one with my last Axe). Hoping all is within range so I don't have to mess with it too much before my next practice.

Also, what are the square o-rings for? These are new to me...
Anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_NguyeN707 View Post
soo... im having troubles with my lurker bolt... Ive had a lurker before when i had a axe back at the end of '11. i loved the way it shot and felt, but now it seems to be giving me a bigger headache than help.

I got it all installed and such perfectly fine. but its the tuning part of it thats killing me. back when i had it in '11, i was able to have it running at like 150psi, 3.5ms dwell, and about 2 turns out. but now im not even able to get it to ONE of those without problems. if i turn down the dwell, i get bad dropoff, if i drop the pressure the gun wont reach 280, and the backcap is being variable depending on what i do... Im using a SLP tank, but the problems still do persist with even a high output tank.

im using the bolt with the spacer and oring/white ring on it with the stock spring. Im using dow33 on all internal parts, everything has had at least 5 cases through it, so its well broken in, and the battery is a fresh duracell battery. i dont know what could b happening, but its getting really frustrating.

Any idea on what could help? im really just getting tired of the headache and am thinking about going to a boss, cuz that used to work great in the axe.
What caliber barrel are you using? If the fit is pretty loose, you may be wasting a bunch of air/energy.
APPA
MyJTRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:03 AM #147
LiL_NguyeN707

LiL_NguyeN707 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
LiL_NguyeN707 supports Team VICIOUS
LiL_NguyeN707 plays in the APPA D3 division
LiL_NguyeN707 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJTRox View Post

Anybody?

What caliber barrel are you using? If the fit is pretty loose, you may be wasting a bunch of air/energy.
Lol, caliber. But I was using a perfectly bored .679 freak insert
LiL_NguyeN707 is offline   Reply With Quote