Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-10-2005, 01:07 PM #1
moggle45 (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Alien FAQ

2009 Independence Vs 2008 Independence - list of major differences

from thotograph, a quick method of tuning an indy
...you start with the dwell at a safe high-normal value like the stock setting on a broken in gun, and the gun chronod to a proper speed (like 280-300fps). Then turn the lpr down til it drops off. Then slowly raise LPR til velocity stabilizes. When it levels off go another tiny bit over where you get consistently the same velocity, and then turn dwell down until you get drop off and then once you get drop off raise the dwell back up one, two, or three blinks depending on how close you feel you should cut it on dwell making sure wherever you leave it at you get consistency. IMO its much more critical for me to have a reliable first shot velocity and shot to shot consistency.

Where is Alien's Website/Where can I purchase?
http://www.alienpb.com

2008 INDEPENDENCE - trigger programming guide
SAME AS ABOVE - but as a JPG

2009 Independence Manual

Screw Sizes - For Remains and Interceptor
All screw specs are in this thread.
Download Interceptor Screw Chart PDF here.

O-Rings - for Remains and Interceptor... specs are here.

Differences between the 05 and 06 interceptor
- "05 or 06"
- "Alien Interceptor Battle "
- "so which is better the 05 or 06 ceptor"
- "The Difference between 05 and 06 Interceptor"
- Alien Markers Comparison Chart at AlienOG.com

Right from the mouth of Jack Rice on the '05 and '06 differences:
Quote:
The '05 was built as a top quality tournament gun, very tight tolerances. I had to cut the price to $595. A lot of players seem to like that price range. The tolerances won't be as tight on the '06. BUT the meat on the body around the ram is thicker and most everything is a little bigger. So if you want a gun for tournaments AND you will care for it like a top quality gun get one of the few '05 I still have. BUT never play with it when one of the screws on the ram are loose, don't even think about playing with it if the screw under the trigger has fallen out. Use at least mid grade paint. It' a top quality gun - I think the best available, care for it.
OR
The chamber is a few thou bigger on the '06. Great for players who uses paint that are more often out of round. The back is a bit bigger but it will take more abuse. One screw missing? Take care of it before the next time you play, but go ahead and play. The wire passages are bigger and easier to align the wires for guys who have more thumbs than fingers. A little more play around the bolt for those guys who want to play without ever cleaning their stuff.
VIRTUE Board Installation in a Remains Read

VIRTUE Board Installation in an Interceptor Read

AlienPB.com's FAQ
(Note: there are three markers: Alien, Interceptor, and Remains. Alien has not been released and is described below. Keep scrolling down for the other 2 markers.)

Alien

1. What is the "hatch cover" and why does it move out to the side instead of inline?

The offset, or out to the side, cam operated, gated feed breech closure is the premise our company was founded on. To make both the smallest and the best shooting marker is our goal. Moving the barrel back and sealing from the side is the answer. Our cam system opens and closes a plate, sealing the chamber before firing and opening the chamber for the next ball between firing. The Alien is the only marker we know of that has ever sealed "off axis".

2. How fast is it?

The Alien will outshoot a Halo. The eye slows it down to the speed of your hopper.

3. How far does the seal enclosure stick out?

Take a double-stacked marker and place a quarter on one side. It's about an inch wider than most makers but four to six inches shorter.

4. Can I get the hatch on the other side?

A player's hand is already wider than the marker, nothing to be gained.

5. How much “kick” does it have, and does it have sidekick?

It has slightly more kick that the calmest markers, such as Matrix, and less than Electric Spyders or Autocockers. No sidekick.

6. How much does it weigh?

Alien weighs about Two and a quarter pounds, without a Barrel and Regulator, Drop or tank.

7. What is the LPR operating pressure?

We are installing the newest Humphrey valve. It has an operating pressure of 70 to 225 lbs. The operating pressure will be in the 85 to 110 lbs range.

8. Does Alien chop balls?

In the event a ball is in the way of the door (and the eye is off) the door usually doesn't have enough pressure to break the ball and resets. Putting your finger inside the marker and pulling the trigger demonstrates the door pressure. The Alien can be operated in "simulate" mode with paint in it without excessive paint breakage. Don't try that with other markers and expect to play out the day, or even the game.

9. What is the firing pressure?

It takes about 275 lbs to go 300 fps.

10. How air efficient is it?

Alien is comparable to other ram operated tournament markers.

11. Could other shapes replace the Alien head?

Other top plates would be a least as big as the Alien head. We may make other top plates. After market companies may also decide to make them.

12. Was the Alien designed for front players?

It was designed to be light and maneuverable. Light and maneuverable helps in any position or in role-playing games. Alien is also perfect for X-Ball. The speed of fire and flat trajectory should make it very popular with Back Players. The unique looks make it a natural for role games.

13. How does it feel, where is the balance point?

The weight is in the back against your shoulder. The weight distribution give the marker and even quicker lighter feel than the reduced size alone offers.

14. Open bolt or closed bolt, what is it?

If you shoot an auto-cocking marker fast enough it becomes open bolt. The question becomes "does the sealing mechanism move while the marker is firing?" The Alien seals the breach and then releases the air. The seal is stationary while the marker is firing

15. What other markers is Alien similar too?

It's natural to try to compare. It's boltless and few markers are, or have been, so most start there; but the comparison also stops there. The hammer direction has bee reversed with the valve behind the hammer so almost no comparisons there. No other offset designs, no other cam driven closures to compare to. Previously the shortest markers were the spool valves with the bolt in front of the valve, the design of the Automag, though they are very un-similar. Truly the Alien lives in a world of it’s own making.

Last edited by rluna : 07-26-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: added a link to the "virtue in interceptor" thread.
moggle45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2005, 01:12 PM #2
moggle45 (Banned)

Interceptor

1. What is the difference between Alien Interceptor and other open bolt pneumatic markers?

Reduced size and weight, plus increased accuracy. The Sweep Valve and Sweep Bolt give a more consistent shot and a tighter pattern. Interceptor also has our Sweet Touch trigger grip that many players like better. Plus we think it looks good and looks different in a sea of sameness.

2. What is that sticking out in the back?

Markers previously used a round ram, housed inside the marker. We put our ram as a self-contained unit right on top of the trigger frame. Locating the ram outside the body makes a smaller, tighter playing marker.

3. How hard is the Interceptor to work on?

We think it is the easiest marker to service and trouble shoot! You can have the three main pieces (trigger frame, ram assembly and housing) laid out in front of you with the air on, then you can immediately see where any leak is coming form. You can power it up and operate the ram (careful as it will jump around, maybe even break the wires) to see that it is operating correctly.

4. How fast is it?

Fast! The Interceptor will shot as the fastest hoppers can load it. The eye slows it down to the speed of your hopper.

5. How much “kick” does it have?

It is similar to other top performing tournament markers shooting from an open bolt.

6. How much does it weigh?

Interceptor weighs less than Two pounds, without a Barrel and Regulator, Drop or tank.

7. What is the LPR operating pressure?

About 70 lbs.

8. What is the firing pressure?

It takes about 275 lbs to go 300 fps.

9. How air efficient is it?

Alien is comparable to other ram operated tournament markers.

10. Does the Interceptor chop balls?

Without the eye the Interceptor is as likely to chop as most other markers. Note: don't try sticking your finger down the feed neck, bad things will happen, and don't attempt to shoot it on simulate, messy.

11. Will it have better milling?

The model posted is the prototype; we will soon have pictures posted of the production model.

12. If the Alien is so good why build the Interceptor?

Choice. Players who have tried both markers are usually attracted one way or the other. Some like unique and some like a marker with a bolt. Fortunately most everyone likes one or the other (or both).

Last edited by rluna : 11-17-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-10-2005, 01:16 PM #3
moggle45 (Banned)

Alien and Interceptor

1. What barrel threads do they use?

Cocker

2. Electro-pneumatic or electric sear trippers; pin valve or spool valve?

Both Aliens are electro-pneumatic and pin valves. For detailed information on the Electronics go to www.wickedairsportz.com.

3. Will Alien shoot any color paint?

Yes, even black.

4. Do Aliens have different firing modes?

Yes. All markers ship with the latest Equalizer code - selectable semi-auto, PSP ramping, and NXL full auto.

5. Do they have an LCD?

No. While the Wicked Air Sportz " Equalizer" boards have the capabilities to use an LCD display, because of the legal questions we are not including it at this time..

On the Alien the "Sweet Spot Trigger Frame" lowers the players hand for better position and allows us to place the LCD above the thumb. A slimmer trigger grip may soon be available which would not allow for an LCD.

The Interceptor uses the space in the "Sweet Touch Trigger Frame" to house the solenoid, so a LCD will not be available.

6. How does trigger adjust?

Travel both ways and spring tension is adjustable.
There is a plate on the grip instead of stopping on the body. You take the trigger grip off, make the adjustments and replace the grip, no guessing.

7. What's the best way to set the pressure in an Alien?

We feel the best way is to turn the LPR up a little too high (80 to 85 on Interceptors, and 1120 to 130 on Aliens) then set the high pressure reg so that the marker is shooting 5 to 10 fps higher than the field allows, then turn the LPR down until it's just right.

8. Do they work with Halo or Warp feed?

The Alien will work with most any popular feeding system.

9. How can I test the Aliens?

The Alien will be at as many tournaments as possible. A schedule will be available on this site.

10. Are you going with Web sales or dealers?

Both. Getting a dealer network in place will take time. Fortunately if you can fix a Bushmaster you can fix an Alien, once you have the right parts, so dealer training won’t be a big problem.

11. Is there a video?

See the stickey on this forum. Also, visit the owners group at AlienOG.com

12. Do you sponsor teams?

We are very pleased so many teams feel they would like to be associated with Alien. Until we are more established we will not be making any decisions on sponsorships

13. Who started Alien?

The owner's name is Jack Rice. Jack originated the "offset breach sealing" concept and the Sweep Air Systems. The Machinist is Duane Parsons. Duane has twenty years experience machining and has several well know after market accessories. Special thanks goes to Rich Telford, Captain of XSV (formerly captain of the Ironmen), for his insight and suggestions. (and no-John Rice, of Angel, is from England; Jack Rice is from Sacramento, CA)

14. When will the Aliens be released?

Soon! Just finishing up, and preorders are being taken. For the Interceptor we are getting all the pieces made.

15. How can I buy one?

It will take time to get dealers in place; right now the only place to get them is here on our products page. We will list the dealers as soon as they are in place.

Last edited by rluna : 11-17-2005 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:00 AM #4
lilman
rawr.

lilman is a Supporting Member
Very nice moggle
Lilman and Zero: Shutting down BS-fountain posters across the digital nation. "
Want to know the secret to getting laid? Click here!
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:09 AM #5
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
All instances of the word "Monarch" should be changed to "Interceptor"

My E-Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
rluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:04 PM #6
moggle45 (Banned)

Ooo! My very own sticky

Last edited by moggle45 : 04-13-2005 at 06:06 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:25 PM #7
MEnotYOU

hey man. i dont know if this is the wrong place, but i might get an alien marker, buti need more info, and a site would be really helpful. waht is the site?
MEnotYOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:34 PM #8
lilman
rawr.

lilman is a Supporting Member
Some searching might help, www.google.com is a very good source of information. Also try reading the rest of the threads on this forum.

www.alienpb.com
Lilman and Zero: Shutting down BS-fountain posters across the digital nation. "
Want to know the secret to getting laid? Click here!
lilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:37 PM #9
MEnotYOU

thank you so much, i couldnt find the site anywhere. tried google. looked on here. tried my own site thoughts, just wasnt there, thanks man
MEnotYOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 09:50 PM #10
k-y-l-e530

What is the thread on the interceptor feedneck? I read this whole thread and couldnt find it . If its here i passed it up . Someone lmk
k-y-l-e530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:52 PM #11
NS-Tristan
Bête Noire

NS-Tristan is a Supporting Member
imp/ion/shocker

bushy's work aswell.
Feedback
NS-Tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:18 PM #12
ShotOnSight

What type of tank should i use, low or high pressure ? Im taking a break from cockers to try other things and i already have a lp tank.
ShotOnSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:55 PM #13
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

HP is preferred. You could run LP, but you might get shootdown at medium to high rates of fire. A new HPR designed to take LP air (Sidewinder, Hyper2, etc) might work, but I haven't tried it.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:43 PM #14
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
I don't know of anyone who has shootdown with a LP tank. I have heard some say that "in general" LP are less consistant over the chrono, but I have had no negitive feedback on LP tanks with any of the Alien guns. Some of the shootdown are with guns that use higher firing pressure.
Jack Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:51 AM #15
ShotOnSight

Ok thanks well that saves me the trouble of buying a new tank, i get to keep my trusty crossfire ! huzzah... but if i were to ge an adjustable tank what would be the best input pressure into the reg and then into the marker ?

Also im looking into getting an interceptor, whats the difference between the 05 and 06 interceptor ? the 06 looks like it dosent have the cp reg anymore and has some different milling.

Last edited by ShotOnSight : 02-12-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:59 PM #16
warhog2t0
lord of poo

warhog2t0 is a Supporting Member
whaty type of bored is in the Interceptor? and does it come with ramping?
warhog2t0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:37 PM #17
TeAmStRaIgHtPrIdE
TRose krEW?

TeAmStRaIgHtPrIdE helped look for balloons
TeAmStRaIgHtPrIdE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
the interceptor has the WAS equalizer board in it, and yes it has ramping.
TeAmStRaIgHtPrIdE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:03 PM #18
ShotOnSight

It also accepts NME boards so you could put a predator borad in it if you wanted too.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:43 PM #19
Exit Wounds
doesn't play paintball.

Rluna, you should add that beautiful 06/05/Remains comparison article from alienog.com to the stickies here.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:11 PM #20
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
Done, I added it to the first post in this thread...

My E-Blazer,
My Markers... The Osirus is... (sold)
rluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 07:12 PM #21
kavon

what after market triggers are available?