Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Which is the better buy?
Etek 3 AM 17 26.98%
Proto Reflex Rail 11 17.46%
Empire Axe 35 55.56%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2011, 12:42 PM #22
cslguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushwood Bill View Post
And apparently you can't read! As stated in other threads I mainly shoot BL and always will... And like I said to the OP the AXE would be my choice. Please don't make comments when you don't what the hell your talking about!
Thats my bad because I forgot about your post in the G6r vs Ego 11 thread but it just seems that you are defending the Etek so much but I guess we all do with the guns we like, once again my fault, sorry about that
cslguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2011, 12:59 PM #23
Immortal15

Immortal15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Immortal15 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Immortal15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Immortal15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by White-out View Post
Empire Axe.
Smoothest shooting gun you'll ever find.
Thats true for the mid ends.
Immortal15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:02 PM #24
Bushwood Bill

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by cslguy View Post
Thats my bad because I forgot about your post in the G6r vs Ego 11 thread but it just seems that you are defending the Etek so much but I guess we all do with the guns we like, once again my fault, sorry about that
It's no problem at all bro!! Eteks are great guns are very reliable but for the money nothing beats a Axe. It will outperform a lot of higher end guns too.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:04 PM #25
cslguy

Thats What Im saying!!! I love to heat this kind of stuff because Im going to buy an Axe soon I think!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:07 PM #26
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is playing at Living Legends VIII
Racso owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
Out of these three markers which is the better buy?

Etek 3 AM

Proto Reflex Rail

Empire Axe.
As you can see, each one has their own pro's and con's, so honestly, your best bet is to see if you can find a way to play a few games with each one. If you are buying from your local shop, then see if they will let (and watch) you tear each down and rebuild them. If you find a better price online, print it off and take it to the shop. Tell them that you would rather buy from them than online (they might be able to discount the price to match, that way they get a sale).

This is a good comparison post, 3 similar priced and performance guns. Honestly you can't really go wrong with any of them. Hell, it might even come down to which one looks the best to you!
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 PM #27
cslguy

Yes it might come down to what looks and feels the best. I have only held and Axe and man they feel nice!!
Old 08-21-2011, 01:50 PM #28
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Axe. No contest.

msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:12 PM #29
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I've personally played with the Axe marker at the Michigan Monster Game. Didn't have a single problem with it. It felt good to hold and to shoot. The other 2 I do not have any experience with. Thanks again for all of the input. I think i'm going to go for the Axe!
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:22 PM #30
Bushwood Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
I've personally played with the Axe marker at the Michigan Monster Game. Didn't have a single problem with it. It felt good to hold and to shoot. The other 2 I do not have any experience with. Thanks again for all of the input. I think i'm going to go for the Axe!
You won't be disappointed..
Old 08-28-2011, 08:13 PM #31
Feloniousnick

plays in the NXL
Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro #66 View Post
The Etek's ease of maintenance and consistency would win out, while the Proto will likely feel the best in hand, and the Axe is certainly the lightest and smallest.
Axe is both the longest and heaviest.
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:55 PM #32
pain+ball=fun
Pain+ball=fun

pain+ball=fun owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Axe Is good. I have an etek and a axe and they are both good. I jst got my etek a few weeks ago and put at least 9 cases through it and no probs. Never had a rail. Etek most efficient and the axe is quieter.
pain+ball=fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:07 PM #33
Srm1135

Srm1135 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Oops.
Zik2 kit
Guerilla Air Tank
Dye Rotor

Last edited by Srm1135 : 09-26-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Srm1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:04 AM #34
pykim01
smile

pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
LOL immortal you seriously arent a fan on the etek huh? i've tuned mine lpr 3.25 turns in dwell at 10 and she shoots buttery. please remember that the axe too is an inline poppet and pretty kicky too. as for noise. who really cares on a speedball field? how loud your shooting isnt gna give away your position. all the yelling you do to communicate will.
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:05 AM #35
pykim01
smile

pykim01 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
pykim01 posts videos on PbNation
i think that if the price of the etek 3 and the axe were the same etek would win it most of the time. especially bc i know a lot of people who HATE the way the axe feels in the hands.
pykim01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:12 AM #36
Srm1135

Srm1135 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
It's all going to come down to personal preference. Where I prefer an Etek to an Axe, the next guy may like the way the Axe feels over the Etek. The only way to be 100% satisfied is to play and shoot all three. For someone to say one is better than the other is not conclusive. They are all solid guns with pros and cons. Just see which feels best to you. For me its the Etek. I love it. But is it superrior to the other two. No. Good luck.
Zik2 kit
Guerilla Air Tank
Dye Rotor
Srm1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:18 PM #37
PAINTBALL 24/7

PAINTBALL 24/7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PAINTBALL 24/7 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PAINTBALL 24/7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i have an etek 3 am and an axe, also i have shot a reflex. i dont like the reflex at all, it is smoothest, but has a horrible trigger and bad efficiancy. the gun i mainly shoot is the etek. if u adjust the dwell, lpr and put in a kush bolt, it shoots very nice, also, it isnt very heavy. i believe it is a total of 2.6 lbs along with the reliability of planet eclipse guns. lastly, the axe. the axe is a very nice gun that shoots smooth and quite. yet it isnt very reliable i have had several issues with it. all in all i would say the etek but a lot of it has to do with personal preferance.
PAINTBALL 24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:52 PM #38
cire83
COMING AGAIN SOON

cire83 supports Team VICIOUS
cire83 plays in the APPA D5 division
cire83 supports DLX Technology
cire83 supports Ninja Paintball
I own an Axe and have played with a etek 3. I hated the etek,(a friend let me borrow it) It kicks like a mule, nearly impossible to keep it steady when trying to keep a lane locked down. Doesn't feel like a very stready marker, kinda feels cheap.

The Axe on the other hand is built like a tank, feels awesome in the hands. Shoots better then most other markers I personally have shot. Put a 14" barrel on there properly matched to the paint you're shooting and you will be putting ball on ball all day along. Also cleaning is very, very easy, the bolt twists n slides out the back, no tools. Easy to lube n clean. The Relay ASA is the best Asa ever!! The trigger you will either love it or hate it. I personally don't like the shape of the trigger. A little hard for me to walk, I am used to a more flatter shaped trigger. The Axe is also very air efficient (have a bigger tank- for playing back.) I am getting about 2 cases out of a fill (91/4500). Sound wise the Axe does have it own sound, not overly loud but not the quietest marker I have ever shot.

Personally For myself the only marker I have had that shot more accurate was my 02 autococker. But the Axe is a very close 2nd and shoots 3 times faster. I love my Axe, I am very pleased with it and will be using it as my main marker for many years to come.

LOOKING FOR PART TIME PLAY

COLLECTOR IN TRAINING
cire83 is offline   Reply With Quote