Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-02-2004, 10:19 PM #43
CoryR

1. I am pretty sure. 99% yes till I have one ordered.
2. It will be on the ground. We can't fly. I will work on the surface for you my little Bradly.
3. I don't know. I will think of something. I have a few plans. Not sure which one yet.
4. As many as can be. 99% of them anyway.
5. There will be plenty of air.
6. Probably.

Nice to hear from you Brad. Give me a call sometime.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2004, 12:40 AM #44
KirkBoy

tonsofun: its me kirkhart ,remember i took pics at bliz ball.

ROSS = DOUCHE BAG =)
Old 01-03-2004, 10:51 AM #45
CHSPBaller

ok kirky boy, im not sure exactly whats goin on. Josh and I may play with JDC, maybe not too. It depends on if were good enough. Also, whatever team i am playin on, i kinda want to only have 8-11 guys to play. Prob 13 will suit up, but only bout 8 or 9 will play. Its not my decision though, but i know how most teams do it, and it works well for the pros.

Cory, we need a practice... how bout next weekend? at team products? it is big enoguht and cheap enought to hold alot of people. We cna talk bout the eam and **** too!
Old 01-03-2004, 11:53 AM #46
Ju1Ce
RIP Towlie

has been a member for 10 years
Ju1Ce plays in the PSP
Ju1Ce plays in the APPA D4 division
Thats silly, you and Josh are like the smallest guys on the team. ****ing NXL players a midgets so they should let you play fo shizzle.

$OG MW ARMY$
Old 01-03-2004, 01:15 PM #47
CHSPBaller

i know
but its cory's and shawns decision, and i dont think they like us lol. Im to professional, and josh has no friends. LOL whatever though... whoever i play for i dont care, i just kill suckas
Old 01-03-2004, 01:29 PM #48
mikeshocksya
OG MW ARMY

mikeshocksya is a Supporting Member
mikeshocksya plays in the APPA D4 division
um can i enter this league thing by myself and rotate 1 person (myself) i have a feeling i will win. oh yea can i just throw some nades. if you gimme some i will bomb cockaroaches scarface style.

Last edited by mikeshocksya : 01-03-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:33 PM #49
buzzen

no it is prob cause you suck *** seth
Old 01-03-2004, 10:01 PM #50
CHSPBaller

**** u pat u homo... are u guys even playin?
hopefully not, damian wants to play with the kid balla's (us) not u guys so he hope u donmt play either lol
maybe u will though, i dont care. Quit hatin on me though, when have i ever proved to be so horrible that i have to take more **** from u then anyone else
Old 01-03-2004, 11:36 PM #51
matrixboy0123

seth.... stfu u suck.
jk u wanna buy that trix or not?
Old 01-04-2004, 05:43 PM #52
Winchester
Baller Status

Winchester owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I was thinking about the reff sititation why not have like a help wanted thing get people who want to reff and then have a couple of sessions of training and have a written test and a feild test. but you would have to pay them for the tournys. I would be intersited in reffing if i didnt have to reff the day of the tourneys. just a thought.

and have like a base price like what 5 tournys why not $700 for all tournys or somethign like that
For all your smoking needs! Elevate your life
[url]www.wookiefoot.com[url]
Old 01-04-2004, 06:32 PM #53
SteelersRock

My $0.01

B Rad had some great points.
1. You have to have a real x ball field
2. You have to have a real score board with timer.
3. You have to NOT just have plenty of air....but plenty of air that each team can get to FAST with NO lines or waiting. So like B Rad said...u need a compressor for each team.

If you don't have the above...the league will just be a poser X Ball League. It will just be an orgainized version of "Street Ball" (Even though it may be fun as hell).

The type of surface is real important too. I have not played at action jacks...but if it is on wood chips like B Rad says...that would just suck for an X Ball League.

Like B Rad I think a 3 man X Ball / Arena Ball would be best. Easier to ensure the teams would have enough players for each event. Thus more teams overall. And it keeps the cost down for everyone. And it would be easier for JACKS to administor...(Less reffs, quicker air fills, cheaper field, etc).

However, you set up the $ deal, just remember you should have it so the top 3 team break even including entry and paint cost (regardless if it is BYOP).

I also think you will get more participation if you let each event be open to whoever wants to play as opposed to a closed league were each team has to pay for all events up front at the beginning. Cause....If you run a good event...then people will comeback and others will come because of word of mouth. Some teams will have conflicts with other Leagues and Tourneys (playing and hosting). But if it is simply an event to event type of league...then teams like ours could potentially make several of the events (if not all).
Old 01-04-2004, 07:01 PM #54
mikeshocksya
OG MW ARMY

cough 5 man cough its practice for x ball not practice for 3 man bong!!!!!
Old 01-05-2004, 08:09 AM #55
whirlwind2002

well **** steelers and brad pretty much finished her off on the things that should be done... if you cant get an air feild atleast change up the hyperball field, but the nice fluffy grass is definatly going to be a plus...
Old 01-05-2004, 02:51 PM #56
bunkermonkey456
VPC

bunkermonkey456 is a Professional paintball player
bunkermonkey456 works for a Paintball manufacturer
 owns a Planet Eclipse CS Infamous
necessities

U NEED A SCOREBOARD. that is by far the most important. 2nd would be an airball field. 3rd would b a push button fill station for both teams.

other than that it's not gonna b fair. cuz whoeva i play with is already golden
Damian "Babyarm" Ryan #69
LA INFAMOUS
Get it Live https://www.facebook.com/damian.ryan2
www.infamouspaintball.com
www.valkenpaintball.com
Old 01-05-2004, 04:35 PM #57
patriotpaintball1

where abouts in Iowa is this?
I'm from IL and would love info on this leage.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:38 PM #58
mikeshocksya
OG MW ARMY

well from the quad cities its about 3 hours
Old 01-05-2004, 06:09 PM #59
Ross
Somewhat an OG

Ross is a Supporting Member
it is a half hour east of Des Moines. Right off of I-80.

I no shawn is planning to redo the groundwork for a feild. also, if you want grass on the feild that's too damn bad. I know, trust me, that the ground is hard, but you would have to close down the feild for a month or 2 to make sure the seeds get a good hold, and possibly grow enuf to not get totally destroyed in the first month. We have a whole *** load of grass seed that is going to be planted in the spring this year and shiz like that.

About the AIR thing. ur gonna have 2 teams, this is EZ, that is 10 guns that need fills as soon as the game is over, we have 4 bulk tanks (6 if u include the 2 4500 bulk tanks for the rec feilds) we also have 4 fill stations. u can easily set it up so each team has 2 fill stations readily available to them after each game.

Winchester - I seriously think u need to shoot yourself in the foot, if not the hand. Action Jacks would just waste time doing that, time and money. They already have refs, and if they wanted to pay them, they would use their current staff for the list.

I also feel a scoreboard would be important, if neone wants to help me break into my H.S. I'm sure we could gank one from there.

Feedback
Old 01-05-2004, 06:17 PM #60
tonsofun

mike, we can ask tippmann for a sposnorship on nades, then we can be all geard up ghuillie suit style with the tippy nades. 1 nade, 5 kills, ya heard

"Originally posted by ThyrstyFysh

Internet...
The one place where woodsballers can talk like they are good
"
Old 01-05-2004, 10:38 PM #61
CoryR

Also posted at the top of the thread.

Ok guys here are the tentative details for the IXL. I say tentative for two reasons. We are still working on some items that we may be able to make better, and we want to make this the best event possible. Reason two is that we are still taking comments. If something really doesn’t work for your guys, it can still be changed. This is a tournament for the players.

Iowa X Ball League

So here it goes:

Paint: BYOP!!! You asked for it, now you have it!
Paint will be available at an excellent price.

Format: X Ball™, as seen in the NXL

Entry: $1,500 per team for the series. $1,500 / 5 events / 10 player = $30 per player

Entry Due: April 9th

Where: Action Jack’s Paintball, Colfax, IA
http://www.actionjackspaintball.com

Air: Free! It is included in the entry. There will be a fill station at each team area.

When: There will be 5 events throughout the summer, ending in early October before Cup. Dates will be announced after you guys comment and the PSP announces their dates for the NXL.

Reefing: Each team will reef an equal number of matches. This is one of the things I need your comments on. Would you rather only reef in a day or would you like to reef and play at the same event?

Field: Brand New Airball Field! We are working on the exact one but it will be new and it will be cool. There will be a giant X! The whole field will be new. The surface will be new and player friendly.

This is going to be a great event guys! Now lets hear what you have to say. If your team is in post it here. I will soon have a number available that you can call.

X Ball™ is being used with the permission of Procaps Encapsulation Inc. in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
[b]
Old 01-05-2004, 11:24 PM #62
mikeshocksya
OG MW ARMY

im lovin it!
Old 01-05-2004, 11:33 PM #63
Legacy
Tractor Engineer

Legacy is a founding member
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Legacy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I'll pass that along to my boys. I think that we should ref one whole day and not play, because if you've ever played one of these games you'll know that after playing one you'll be ready to drop.