PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-13-2005, 12:14 PM #43
spydershutter68
Kentucky Effect

has been a member for 10 years
how much is it is kizinger. What fields are there in kizinger. How much is it for 500 balls
blue to black fade lasoya promasterDynasty fan club Member #283
IRONMEN FANCLUB MEMBER#36
Alex Fraige Fanclub member #9
ryan greenspan fan club member #137
www.kentuckyeffect.tk
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2005, 01:01 PM #44
Vindikacione

I was there a year ago.
Back then they had 3 fields. One airball, another woods, and another out of wooden planks.

500 balls probably is around $25-35.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:03 PM #45
pho20

thx for the info vindi..... that is reassuring to know
about traveling w/ my marker.

ya, im in O.C. right now..... been here most of my life.

been to germany twice in the last year or two....
but never paintballed there.

I am looking forward to it. I would definitely like to speak with you about some business plans I have
regarding paintballing. I have a Euro passport...
so I can live and work in Germany for as long as I want.

It just depends on the German bureaucracy and how stubborn they will be. We shall see, we shall see.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:21 PM #46
Pitvyper69
Ex RedBaron Field Manager

Pack a BIG lunch and make sure you have an even BIGGER wallet man. It will not be fast or easy. Plan on getting a good lawyers too you'll need him to help you fend off the law vs morality code that some local government try to enforce depending on their whims. And find out if its even leagal wher you are wanting to set up. There are areas in that region where it is against the law period. Germany is a bit strange on some things.

See most European countries have a prohibited activities list, which is pretty straight foward, if its on the list you cant do it leagally. What I discovered during the time I had dealings of the governmental sort was they have more like an Approved list, which is very tricky, because if its not on the list then its open to interpretation. Yup you can see where that could go all pear shaped in a heart beat.

Check stuff out when you get there if you are sure you can swing it let me know, I can point you to a few folks that are key business people in European paintball circle.

Not to discourage you about using local Americans for help but the thing you have to remember is for the most part their tour is 3 to 4 years and then most often they are gone. Use the help but dont set too much on those of us there with the military as we can be gone very quickly.

Things can go from golden to nothing pretty quickly with the "changing of the guard" just ask Boozshy or Pbtosa or even Bunkermaster about the differance that happened to the Red Baron field there after I left. Some times change is good some times it aint. Just keep that in your mind as you start to set stuff up over there. Good Luck with it.

Hey Vindi- how much time you got left over there anyway?

Im out
Old 02-13-2005, 02:37 PM #47
Vindikacione

Excellent point, as Pitvyper said before in a previous thread, Americans in general, mainly US military, have no idea about the ways of the European (German) legal/political community. We expect to be always covered by the SOFA (Status of Forces Agreement). In some instances we are, in others we get the short end of the stick. Usually justice serves all correctly, if you're guilty then do your time -type of thing. With that said, most Americans stay ignorant of local politics or how to run a business. We don't even know what the VAT form actually does, except save us 16% off some tax. As for me, I know a few civilian lawyers and have quick access to military lawyers as in my line of work I deal with Soldier 'shortcomings' more than I like to admit. It doesn't mean I'm an expert with the local laws by any means, but it does mean I can get the right answer typically by making a simple phone call, free of charge.

I'll assist in any matter that I can at a 'civilian' capacity, but I will be unable to help, if matters have the potential to appear or elude to a conflict of interest. After all my employer, dictates my very livelihood, whether I like it or not.

18 months. This season and much of next, after that Tri-Reign has the potential to disband. Hopefully someone else will step up, take the reigns, and run with it. We've accomplished so much in the last 2 years, that it would be a pity to see everything become forgotten. We did make the pages of PGI, Paintball 7, and Gotcha, maybe even in the next issue of Facefull. So maybe not completely forgotten... After all, we still got 18 months.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:21 AM #48
paintballinR

yet kitizgen has 3 feild and for 500rds its $16..air is $5 feild is $5..and the rentals are 98c and some older spyders...cant member how much the retal package is...but ive got some 98c that you can use for free if ya want to...better shape than the rentals...
Old 02-14-2005, 02:36 PM #49
pho20

thx again guys for all your concern and info.
I really do appreciate it. That is exactly why I posted
here in the first place.
And I know I am gambling here, business wise.....
but I am at a turning point in my life where
I can make an attempt like this.

out.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:22 PM #50
trinity_rush2001
Pump Player

what panitballinR said lol u need to come to school i need to talk
Old 02-16-2005, 03:38 PM #51
paintballinR

no i refuse to come..lol...ill be there tommrow (thursday)
Old 02-18-2005, 10:42 PM #52
pho20

hi guys....

well i made it ok. i arrived a few days ago with 3 markers and no problems. i fed exd my tanks..... hopefully they arrive w/o any probs too.

vindi and PV.... is it true that the max fps is 210 in germany?????
this is crazy news if it is true. i mean peeps must get bounces
all the time due to the lack of velocity.

i am in regensburg right now, and i might be heading up to the ohio paintball field on sunday, if my tanks arrive today. i doubt it though.

i will be with 2 or 3 complete noobies..... do you guys think ohio would be a bit tough for them, considering there might be alot of tourney players there practicing for that tournament next month?

lataz.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:18 AM #53
paintballinR

welcome to germany..and good to hear you got your stuff through and got in safe....i would like to go to ohio some time soon... does any1 know how far is that from wurzburg thanks..

Last edited by paintballinR : 02-19-2005 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:36 AM #54
Vindikacione

PR- From Wurzburg it is about 30-45 minutes (depending on how fast you drive.) I could do it in about 20 in my wife's 535i (but probably not in this weather).

Pho- I got tanks for you to borrow, if you plan on playing tomorrow, but you'll have to come by and pick them up. Email me for my phone number. 210 is BS. That is what the gun should be at after you're done playing. Ohio plays at 280. All major tournaments (Maxs sponsored events), play at 300. Noobies wouldn't fair too well at Ohio. They'll eat their lunch, but sometimes that's the only way to get better. I'm definately going to need a few players for March 6 tournament in Ohio, so I hope you have your game face ready by then.

Oh, and I hope you get your bottles. It won't surprise me if German customs gank your $hiznit, since you mailed it Fedex. I hope that doesn't happen. Welcome to Germany. I was in Regensburg last night, went to the Arcade (old mall in Regensburg) and Ikea. Great town. And what kind of guns did you say you brought with you?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:14 AM #55
Pitvyper69
Ex RedBaron Field Manager

Might have been a bad move on those tanks man. Germany has a governing body that regulates all pressurized containers and systems that use pressure, calledd TUV. They are responsible for insureing everything is hydrotested and working safely, if any of your bottels are out of date you may get a fine. Last time I heard it was 500 Euro per tank and confiscation of the tank. There was and Outdoor Rec program that had 25 scuba tanks out dated and were on the wrong lake too boot, man was that a hugh fine. Now the fact that it has no pressure in it and you were not technicaly using it (if they even catch it) you may get by.

As far as the 210-214 fps thing, That is the law in Germany, anything shooting over that violates the F stamp (if you even have one and means they would classs it as a fierarm if they caught you with it) now the thing is every one plays close to 280 at most places some times they get wind that some one is going to be at their field kinda like undercover and the will lock down the speed to 210-214. Just understand that once you break that speed what can happens. Odds are you will never see any one and things will be cool. Just know the law is all.

Have a good time in Germany man its a great place the people are cool and there is alot of stuff to see and do, have fun and "mug" some one for me man.

Im out
Old 02-19-2005, 07:29 PM #56
pho20

sweet, that is good news.... i was worried about the fps rule.
i cant imagine peeps trying to play at 210.

and thx for the welcome guys, i am stoked to be here. except that i think my balls froze off a few days ago. lol.
coming from southern california to germany in the dead of winter is quite an adjustment to say the least.

anyway, vindi, i will email u shortly, it doesnt look like we will be playing today (sunday). im sure u guys know that the germans like to feed u and feed u and feed u and feed u..... man, i think i am going to explode. lol.

and my friends here have made plans for me to eat some more tomorrow. haha.

my tanks did not arrive.... pv and vindi, u guys are right. customs is holding my box..... but supposedly they want me to fill out some forms to get it released to me. do u guys think this is a set up and they want me to come in so they can arrest me? i friggen hope not. that would be misrepresentation in the states.... but since i am here now, i dont know what to expect.

like usual, i will take the chance, i have to, i have alot of stuff in there i am not gonna give up so easily. how the fruck am i supposed to know the laws when fed ex at home in california knows exactly what i shipped and gave me complete permission to do so. i filled out all types of forms when i shipped it.... what else could they want from me?

as for my markers.... i brought my dark angel, custom cocker (not electric) and an upgraded T98.
vindi, i would be happy to join u and ur team for that tourney next month. sounds killer. without a doubt i will be there next saturday. when do u guys practice?

again, thx for all the helpfull knowledge guys.

lataz.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:43 PM #57
spydershutter68
Kentucky Effect

i am leaving for germany on March 17. I am so stoked.
www.kentuckyeffect.tk
Old 02-20-2005, 05:16 PM #58
seldon

don´t be worried about your tanks, as before last year (when the european "pi"tanks where legalized) everyone used normal us-tanks.

You won´t get fined or anything, it´s just forbidden to fill your tank if it doesn´t have european or german approval (once again you will find that no-one cares )

Most likely they will ask you if they are new (to ask for tax), or that you unscrew the regs to check for drugs and stuff inside the tank.

That scuba-story might be true nevertheless, because taht could have been a commercial thing (law is more strikt for commercial use, compared to private)

Welcome to germany, fell free to check out www.pbportal.de , the biggest german paintball-community (it does have a international corner, but it´s fairly small )
Old 02-20-2005, 05:24 PM #59
bunkermaster10
hpe u hterz nvr mke a nkl

bunkermaster10 plays in the PSP
If your cool you'll go to pbhub.de

Chicago Warped, 2015 PSP Series- D3

R.I.P Syndicate-A, 3rd Place 2006 Mill. Series- D2

OG status
FeedBack

Last edited by bunkermaster10 : 02-20-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:45 PM #60
spyderamglcd1

cool

abudabie
Old 02-21-2005, 10:34 AM #61
seldon

Quote:
Originally posted by bunkermaster10
If your cool you'll go to pbhub.de
yeah, thats where all the cool and very aggggg guys are lol
Old 02-21-2005, 12:12 PM #62
spydershutter68
Kentucky Effect

i thought this was a free agent list but ok info is good to.
www.kentuckyeffect.tk
Old 02-21-2005, 01:20 PM #63
paintballinR

Quote:
Originally posted by spydershutter68
i thought this was a free agent list but ok info is good to.
lol...there are only like a couple of ppl that have no team..oh well