Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-05-2012, 09:52 AM #1135
gotpancakes

has been a member for 10 years
^^ agreed. 7/10....it had its funny parts and interested plot line/resolution but at the end of the day it was too much like family guy. Macfarline uses way too much uncreative stabs at pop culture....oh and Mila Kunis is hot.
GOATS ON PLANK FAN CLUB...#4
MeatHammers Fan Club...#5
TeamVelociraptors
Christ Krew #262
gotpancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2012, 04:28 PM #1136
GB20
G-no

GB20 is a Professional paintball player
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-ballplaya1440 View Post
The Amazing Spiderman - 8.5/10

This reboot was way better than any of the original Spiderman series. Andrew Garfield is a much better Peter Parker than Tobey Maguire was.

I totally disagree. Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi did a tremendous job portraying the character of Peter Parker/Spiderman the way it was supposed to be. I found Andrew Garfield's portrayal of Peter Parker a bit annoying at points, and his portrayal of Spiderman a bit too cocky in some parts.

With that said, I still give this move a 7.5/10 The storyline was pretty good, acting was a bit shaky in some scenes, but the action scenes and CGI were top notch. There was even a scene that was a bit of a tear jerker(almost got me), and totally caught me off guard.

I already thought Ema Stone was hot, but damn those knee high socks and short skirts brought it to a different level.
D.C. DEVASTATION #20
INFAMOUS #20
JACKSONVILLE RAIDERS #20
VICIOUS #00
GB20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:47 PM #1137
EricS6661

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
Ted 7/10

Completely ruined by Seth macfarlan. I hate family guy humor and all he did was force family guy humor into ever one of his lines. Plus all I could hear was ****ing peter griffin when he spoke. Would have been SO MUCH better without him as teds voice. Alot of parts without him were funny though.
Dude...

Director:
Seth MacFarlane
Writers:
Seth MacFarlane (story), Seth MacFarlane (screenplay)

You shouldn't have expected anything other than Seth MacFarlane's sense of humor.
EricS6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 PM #1138
binaryterror
Static?

binaryterror is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS6661 View Post
Dude...

Director:
Seth MacFarlane
Writers:
Seth MacFarlane (story), Seth MacFarlane (screenplay)

You shouldn't have expected anything other than Seth MacFarlane's sense of humor.
why shouldnt I have expected something other than family guy? i think it is totally correct for me to assume he would do something different.

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 PM #1139
EricS6661

The guys entire career is centered around Family Guy and American Dad. I just don't understand how you can honestly say you expected anything different.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 PM #1140
binaryterror
Static?

not everyone uses exactly the same material in all their works...

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-06-2012, 11:52 PM #1141
EricS6661

But this is Seth MacFarlane. His material is what made him famous. Every show he does is the same. To expect anything different is just stupidity on your part.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:49 AM #1142
binaryterror
Static?

Well regardless, I learned I hate Seth macfarlane. Ted could have been great without him

Old 07-07-2012, 08:07 AM #1143
EricS6661

Without him, there wouldn't have been a 'Ted'.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:37 AM #1144
Rampager2000
-Voted best Avvy 2011 <3-

To Rome With Love - 9/10

Went to go see Spiderman but it was sold out, so we opted to see this instead. Was quite pleasantly surprised with a movie we knew nothing about. Both my date and I quite enjoyed the movie: it was witty, romantic, funny, and had a nice little story line that somewhat came together in a decent little manner.

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
The first shower scene was absolutely hilarious.

OGPT: It's Not Rocket Surgery
Rampager2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:42 AM #1145
homerj
The Nicest of The Damned

homerj is a founding member
homerj owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
the amazing spiderman - 8/10. my favorite so far & i like andrew garfield much better than toby maguire as peter parker. there were some corny parts but generally liked it.

OLD FEEDBACK 71+/0-

XBOX LIVE - homer39042
homerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:46 PM #1146
KyIsBack
Flim Flam

Ted - 5/10
Perfectly average. A few laughs but not many. Basically what I expected.

POW
KyIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:30 PM #1147
McFlurry Man
Stay Frosty

Project X - 8/10
Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 PM #1148
EricS6661

The Three Stooges - 6/10
Old 07-08-2012, 08:35 PM #1149
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Ted - 6.5/10 - It wasn't that I didn't find it funny or anything like that. I just saw most of the previews and the unrated trailer and most of the funny parts were in them. I love Family Guy, Seth MacFarlane, and his humor. I just think he could have done a bit more for the movie. And they could have done away with the creepy guy from avatar and his son storyline. That was just bogus.

The Amazing Spiderman - 8/10 - So much better than the piles of **** Raimi made. I hate Tobey Maguire and Spiderman 3 ruined any last bit of respect I had for the series. The fact that Raimi only put Venom in because the fans were crying for it, and not that he truly wanted to do the story justice just pissed me off. At least now we have another chance at a true Venom sequel where he might be the main villain and not just one that's in the last 3rd of a movie.

Andrew Garfield is a much better choice and I loved his cockyness and sarcasm. I didn't like that he was a skateboarder though. Regardless, I'm anxious to see the next films in this series and how they'll treat Norman Osbourne and Venom/Carnage.

Savages - 7.5/10 - Oliver Stone is a genius and I loved this movie. Saw it last night and thought it was awesome throughout. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but exactly the type of movie I like watching. Benicio Del Toro and John Travolta were great supporting actors, and while John Carter was a flop, Taylor Kitsch did great in this one. So did the guy from Kick-***. Definitely a much different character than the nerdy kid from that film. I almost didn't recognize him. And of course Blake Lively and Salma Hayek are both amazingly hot.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.

Originally Posted by Fat Joe: I don't feel the need to constantly point out when Im right.

#12 Michigan football record: 10-3 - Citrus Bowl Champions
DMC_OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:33 PM #1150
KyIsBack
Flim Flam

The Taking of Pelham 123 (1974) - 10/10
A perfect crime film.

POW
KyIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:36 PM #1151
kuski19

The Tudors: 9/10 so far. Not a movie but a tv show. I just finished the 3rd season and will probably finish off the final season soon. If you are a fan on Game of Thrones, you will probably like this.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:35 PM #1152
EricS6661

Get The Gringo - 7/10
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 PM #1153
EricS6661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor06 View Post
Do you use Yify?
I hate Yify's quality. BOZX and PublicHD all the way.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 PM #1154
EricS6661

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford - 9.8/10

Love, love, love this movie.
Old 07-17-2012, 01:31 AM #1155
Nah 85
- muted -

Nah 85 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyIsBack View Post
The Taking of Pelham 123 (1974) - 10/10
A perfect crime <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">film</a>.
LOVE this movie^

Transsibberian 7/10

I love me some Woody.
Nah 85 is offline   Reply With Quote