PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-20-2004, 01:14 PM #1
elTwitcho

has been a member for 10 years
What the hell is wrong with these friggin jewish interest groups????

Hah, I'm sure somebody jumped into this going "Finally he's gonna say somehting I can get him banned for!" but it's not gonna happen that way. Anyhow,

The reason I got on this train of thought is from the other thread about Mel Gibson's new movie "The PAssion of Christ". Basically, the movie is supposed to be a depiction of CHrist's last days on earth and his subequent crucifiction at the hands of the jews (or such is my limmited understanding). Now the interesting part about this, is that a good number of jewish groups and jewish people in general are protesting the release of this movie under the grounds that it is anti-semetic and makes them look bad for crucifying Jesus. Now I'm wondering, where the hell is the logic in that? If you asked one of these people why they were offended would the conversation go;

"Because it makes us look bad for crucifying christ and people might get pissed at jews for having done that, it shouldn't be shown"

"But you did crucify christ right?"

"Of course we did, but talking about it makes us look bad you see!"

And I think I'm supposed to end that thought with a question mark, so... uh... "?"

But what the hell twisted logic is it when someone protests a depiction based on generally agreed upon facts on the grounds that retelling what is thought to have happened makes them look bad? Is it because some jews (I'm not generalizing so piss off) are overly sensitive on issues of anti-semitism?

Seriously, make a movie involving jews crucifying christ 2000 years ago and the **** hits the fan. Make a whole bunch of movies about german people acting like pricks and trying to take over the world TWICE because they think they're better than everyone and who complains? Make a movie about germans throwing people into ovens, who complains? Make a movie about Russians slaughtering millions of Ukranians, and where's the outpoor? Make a video game about running around shooting germans with machine guns and it wins game of the year. But make a movie where jews nail one mother****ing person to a piece of wood and suddenly all these groups spring up.

WTF IS THE SENSE IN THAT???
Because of small cock
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2004, 01:16 PM #2
Paintballguy59

Paintballguy59 is a Supporting Member
There is no sense in that.... I hate when people do stuff like that. The movie is just telling the facts.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:17 PM #3
Karnage

Quote:
Originally posted by Paintballguy59
There is no sense in that.... I hate when people do stuff like that. The movie is just telling the facts.
According to what though? Not all people beleive in the bible.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:18 PM #4
P2K1

True dat
Old 02-20-2004, 01:19 PM #5
timeismonkey
Take a whiff on me

timeismonkey is a Supporting Member
yeah, jewish people dont bother me, but i hate jews
(jews=jews like the ones protesting the movie)
thats like saying the Bible is a lie...sorta

"Originally posted by islandboi
To this day timeismonkey is one of my favorite usernames. "

"Originally posted by automagwarrior
You guys can come to my hosue. I have a mini fridge. "
Old 02-20-2004, 01:19 PM #6
terry_wendel
I disagree!

There's so much proof that he existed. Now, to prove that he was what many say he was is the question. But I'll believe it. Doesn't hurt me.

But to comment on the topic. I would have to say that the Jews should just bur... uh, shut up about it. It's just a "factual" movie. Blah blah, sorry I don't really care about issues like this. I won't watch the movie and I don't care about Jews.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:20 PM #7
Bayhouse
Northern Cali

Bayhouse is a Supporting Member
Twitch--You anti-semite!

Seriously though, I agree with you. Of course there will always be the small minority that take things too far or too personally, but what can you do? I usually ignore them.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:20 PM #8
elTwitcho

Not all people believe in the bible, but the story of Christ's crucifiction is generally agreed upon by both jews and Christians alike.
Because of small cock
Old 02-20-2004, 01:20 PM #9
*MVI*_*YaYo*
I'm awesome

hey why do jewish people have such big noses?
Old 02-20-2004, 01:21 PM #10
harls
contra academicos

i agree that the anti-defamation league is taking things too far with trying to get the movie banned, but the jewish race has always been the scapegoat for everything it seems. i can understand how they would be worried that people may take things the wrong way.
on another note, the movie depicts Christ's last 12 hours before the crucifiction, not days, and it was actually the romans that nailed him to the cross not the jews, but the jewish people had them do it because under roman law they couldn't execute anyone themselves.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:22 PM #11
P2K1

I thought heebs believed that Jesus existed and the he was a very good man, but not the Son of God. So what are they trying to prove? They admitted he was here, he was crucified, they crucified him through the roman government, what is hard to understand about it?
Old 02-20-2004, 01:25 PM #12
harls
contra academicos

they do, but it's the fact that they don't believe he was the jewish messiah and the movie depicts Christ in that way that they get angry at.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:28 PM #13
harls
contra academicos

they're also afraid that some white supremicist(sp?) groups may use this movie as a reason to target jewish people again.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:49 PM #14
PhoenixCocker
Tanooki Mania

They mentioned this on Tough Crowd one episode. Drew quite the arguments out of the guests there.

People need to quite being so PC and just live life and enjoy it.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:54 PM #15
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Some groups have a logical reason to protest the movie.

There are still many Holocaust survivors alive today that fear the return of antisemitic violence, and they may have instilled that same fear in their children.

On top of that, there are areas of the world, such as West Asia (often referred to as the Middle East), France, and the Russian Federation, where antisemitic feelings are very strong, and being killed or injured for being Jewish is not an irrational fear.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:58 PM #16
NotChunks

Quote:
Originally posted by Paintballguy59
Actually, many religious scholars said that Mel Gibson distored many facts and twisted it to his version. The protesters are stupid though.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:58 PM #17
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

It's things like this that REALLY piss me off..
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 02-20-2004, 02:02 PM #18
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally posted by DreadLock Doc
Some groups have a logical reason to protest the movie.

There are still many Holocaust survivors alive today that fear the return of antisemitic violence, and they may have instilled that same fear in their children.

On top of that, there are areas of the world, such as West Asia (often referred to as the Middle East), France, and the Russian Federation, where antisemitic feelings are very strong, and being killed or injured for being Jewish is not an irrational fear.
So everyone should pretend the jews didn't do what most people accept they did do and pretty much be dishonest about the whole thing because some people in the world don't like the jews? Exactly how is one supposed to depict the crucifiction of christ without having the jews involved, should they have replaced any involvement the jews had with space aliens maybe?
Because of small cock
Old 02-20-2004, 02:06 PM #19
PhoenixCocker
Tanooki Mania

Well Hollywood usually distorts facts in favor of "a better entertainment value", so we really shouldn't be surprised.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:09 PM #20
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by elTwitcho
So everyone should pretend the jews didn't do what most people accept they did do and pretty much be dishonest about the whole thing because some people in the world don't like the jews? Exactly how is one supposed to depict the crucifiction of christ without having the jews involved, should they have replaced any involvement the jews had with space aliens maybe?
Yes.

Yes.

This is, after all, a Mel Gibson film.

I'm not trying to say that it's wrong to show a buch of people killing Jesus, I'm just trying to explain some of the logic behind the protests.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:11 PM #21
Hellcat

holy hell, thyat's like somebody making a movie about whites taking indians lands and whites protest about it

stupid jews

or maybe they're protesting the fact that mel gibsons in it...i don't blame them