Old 11-05-2012, 03:10 PM #1
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
DM9 Bolt Leaking

So, I bought a DM9 and I believe one or more of the orings on the bolt sail and the interior of the can and top hat are leaking. I've replaced each 3 times... all other o-rings on the marker I've switched out a month ago, and it's only had about 3 days worth of use.

Occasionally, I can take out the bolt and relube it, then put it back in the marker and have it work just fine, but most of the time, after I gas it up, I have to shoot a couple shots... and then it will seal up. As long as it has pressure in it, it seems to be fine... but any time it's degassed (between games, walking back to the dead box, after being left on the shelf for a week... etc.).

This is the first time I've had this problem with ANY of the matrixs that I've owned... usually I can just replace the bolt sail o-ring and call it a day. I'm about ready to just buy a BW Bolt, and scrap my current one completely, but I wanted to see if any of you guys had any advice first.
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 03:23 PM #2
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Leaking from the frame then? And you are sure it's coming from the bolt and not the solenoid/LPR?
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:52 PM #3
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Leaking from the frame then? And you are sure it's coming from the bolt and not the solenoid/LPR?
Fairly certain its from the sail area, unless another leak has developed over the short time I've had it... and I CERTAINLY don't understand why shooting the marker would seal it if it was the noid. That behavior makes me think it's one of the orings that are moving.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:28 PM #4
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHarry View Post
Fairly certain its from the sail area, unless another leak has developed over the short time I've had it... and I CERTAINLY don't understand why shooting the marker would seal it if it was the noid. That behavior makes me think it's one of the orings that are moving.
There is a spool inside the solenoid with dynamic o-rings just like the bolt, though obviously smaller. So it's not crazy to think it could behave in the same way.

The bolt sail o-ring is definitely a more common cause for a leak through the frame, but if you replace it and the leak persists, I would move on to another possible cause.

Of course if you are talking about bolt TAIL (leak from back cap) that is an entirely different story.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:15 AM #5
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
There is a spool inside the solenoid with dynamic o-rings just like the bolt, though obviously smaller. So it's not crazy to think it could behave in the same way.

The bolt sail o-ring is definitely a more common cause for a leak through the frame, but if you replace it and the leak persists, I would move on to another possible cause.

Of course if you are talking about bolt TAIL (leak from back cap) that is an entirely different story.
It's acting like a leak from the bolt sail, so air is coming from under the frame. Never cracked open the noid before, I'll switch out those orings next (who knows how long those have been in there)... can't screw it up any worse, lol.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:19 AM #6
grss429

grss429 plays in the PSP
grss429 posts videos on PbNation
grss429 plays in the APPA D4 division
grss429 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
grss429 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHarry View Post
It's acting like a leak from the bolt sail, so air is coming from under the frame. Never cracked open the noid before, I'll switch out those orings next (who knows how long those have been in there)... can't screw it up any worse, lol.
Normally you don't replace the orings on the noid, because well, they're nearly impossible to do, Just crack the frame open and see if you can pin point the leak, if it's from the LPR or the noid area
grss429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:32 AM #7
HotxRod

HotxRod has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Try changing the 111 oring behind the bolt sail. If it gets worn down enough the bolt wont seat properly until you shoot it.
HotxRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:15 PM #8
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotxRod View Post
Try changing the 111 oring behind the bolt sail. If it gets worn down enough the bolt wont seat properly until you shoot it.
I already switched those out, when I switched every other oring on the bolt... but, I have 100 of them orings (bought them from McMaster Carr, and that's the minimum quantity), so I might as well give it a try.