PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-03-2010, 08:53 AM #64
monkeygrinder
Imma let you finish but..

has been a member for 10 years
Only one of the storm players that played l2 mps is playing that level.

Last edited by monkeygrinder : 11-03-2010 at 09:00 AM.
monkeygrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2010, 09:04 AM #65
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
m. buck supports Team VICIOUS
m. buck plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeygrinder View Post
Only one of the storm players that played l2 mps is playing that level.
i thought of alot of the old storm is playing d1. must of got my teams mixed up. either way congrats to mark!
m. buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:26 AM #66
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

From George...

Quote:
due to low turnout, event #5 has been canceled. Refunds will be given out tomorrow.
From me...

Thanks to those teams who were willing and who did pay to play this event. Unfortunately the turnout for this event and the past few events haven't been what it should be. I put a huge blame on the economy and the fact that accross the entire nation, the sport is taking some hits.

To the guy who said the MPS sucks (or whatever he said), if that is the way you feel, then don't play in the future. George feels the same way as I do... we want the MPS to be fun and competative at the same time and we want to draw in those teams who will support the series in good times and in bad times. Supporting the series is not just playing, but also doing your part to spread the word and to promote the series.

There will be some major changes in the series going into next season. I'm not sure how much of the details I can share at the moment, but the series will start EARLY next year so get ready! .

George will contact those teams who have earned series prizes for this season and give you the 411 on those prizes.

Dan
Old 11-03-2010, 09:29 AM #67
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
who most players would like to hear from is george himself
Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 AM #68
monkeygrinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS_Dan View Post
To the guy who said the MPS sucks (or whatever he said), if that is the way you feel, then don't play in the future. George feels the same way as I do... we want the MPS to be fun and competative at the same time and we want to draw in those teams who will support the series in good times and in bad times. Supporting the series is not just playing, but also doing your part to spread the word and to promote the series
1. It's hard to support a series when the promoter himself won't even cancle an event and gets someone else to do it.
2. The team turnout isn't solely the economy and if you think that's all it is Im going to buy you one of those nifty dogs that will lead you around so you don't hurt yourself.
Major problem is your ultimate reff. He doesn't ***** penalties for certain teams. He doesn't even pay attention to games. He's so biased and he doesn't hide it well. It's ridiculous.
And this whole letting teams playing the series reff is just stupid. They can control the outcome of a day and it's happened in the past and everyone knows about it.
These reasons are why we lost 5 of our players. Not economics. Not personal problems. Not other intrests. Strictly tired of dealing with bull ****.
Hope this helps you all better your "series"
I'm done.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:53 AM #69
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
please please o please no more mini's i think everyone is sick of them
Old 11-03-2010, 12:01 PM #70
bunkerkingap1
I-40 Fuel

bunkerkingap1 plays in the PSP
bunkerkingap1 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
1. It's hard to support a series when the promoter himself won't even cancle an event and gets someone else to do it.
2. The team turnout isn't solely the economy and if you think that's all it is Im going to buy you one of those nifty dogs that will lead you around so you don't hurt yourself.
Major problem is your ultimate reff. He doesn't ***** penalties for certain teams. He doesn't even pay attention to games. He's so biased and he doesn't hide it well. It's ridiculous.
And this whole letting teams playing the series reff is just stupid. They can control the outcome of a day and it's happened in the past and everyone knows about it.
These reasons are why we lost 5 of our players. Not economics. Not personal problems. Not other intrests. Strictly tired of dealing with bull ****.
I'm done.
you hit it on the head chris. i feel the same way you do. i hate how we always get one event in oklahoma a year and it's always some middle/end of the year event that the kansas teams won't travel to anyway. i know there's a couple kansas teams that show up every time, but not to the extent of the first couple events. i can speak for myself and a few friends, mps will have to do some major changes to ever get my business again.
bunkerkingap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:39 PM #71
D-man[WarLlamas]
Old and in the way

D-man[WarLlamas] posts videos on PbNation
D-man[WarLlamas] plays in the APPA beginner division
D-man[WarLlamas] supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by x918xPaintballx View Post
...I expected series prizes to be somewhat different than event prizes. The event prizes at mps4 were better than this.
Why would you think this? We won L4 series last year and only got Prophecies. I believe I've told y'all that a few times. I believe you left out the prizes you won during the year, so that offsets some of your cost. Don't expect to ever get a 100+% return on your paintball investment.

As for the series, the same thing happened in '09. L4 started with 17 teams at event#1 and by event#5 there were only 6. I'm sure there are a dozen reasons why; money, conflicts with other sports, some teams get tired of playing and losing, etc. Also, this year I believe there were 3 other tourny options for the OK teams so that's gonna pulled down numbers.

MPS can make it, but I believe there are some issues to work out. Also, like most things these days, it's gonna take a Don King'esque promoter out there selling it as 'THE' series to be in.

Best of luck George and Dan.

- - Buy my swagg: - - - - - - XSV Axe Pro for sale! - - -
D-man[WarLlamas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:07 PM #72
MPS Tim

Quote:
I'm done.

I am sure that George will take into consideration things that are said in here, the good and the bad, and make changes based on that. There were some recommendations that people brought up early in the year, like game format for example, that I know he was considering but wanted to make at the beginning of this next season. As for me being biased anybody that really knows me would know that is nonsense. You might not believe me, but I am sorry you think that I have been biased for any team. Right or wrong, I think that it might be that I just see it more from the referee's point of view rather than the players. I have many friends in paintball, but I have never nor will ever cheat for them. They have to win or lose on there own. I am bad about what pbnation name goes to what team, but if you play for MWM, there are a couple people on your team that I am pretty friendly with, so someone could think wrongly that I would for you guys.

Anyway like Dan said there are some changes coming for this next season. Hopefully once you guys see what is posted and you come out for the first event you will be pleasantly surprised. Thanks.
MPS Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:15 PM #73
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
i think it would wise to let the cat out of the bag early to draw teams back in. (changes and what not) cuz i know there are starting to be alot more series around the midwest that are starting to sound pretty amazing.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:22 PM #74
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Monkeyspanker ... i mean grinder. I never said the economy was the sole problem. I said it is a "huge" factor. Don't put words in my mouth. And the reason I know it is the ecomy is because for running the series for 5 years, the number one reason why teams would not play multiple events is because of money problems. The number two reason was politics and teams breakin up.

The reason George asked me to post the cancellation notice here on Nation is because he is still have computer problems getting on PBNation. He thinks it is his internet service provider and he will be switching to cox communications in the next few weeks. So stop being an arse.

Instead of calling Tim biased and making general statements against him... prove it by giving specific examples! I've known Tim for years even before the series began and one thim Tim is not is biased. When he was ultimate last season which was my last year running the MPS, he made every call according to the rules. Even if that call was against a player or a team, he still made the call according to the rules. If you have a specific example of Tim making the WRONG call that was AGAINST the rules, then we'll listen to your arguement. Until then, ... well, never mind.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:25 PM #75
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. buck View Post
please please o please no more mini's i think everyone is sick of them
I agree 100%.

Just need to add thought, you do realize that the mini's are beyond our control don't you? It is more of a problem of KEE not coming out with a new marker that is within the pricerange of the prize budget.

George told me what he would like to do for prizes for next season... and I think most of you will be pleazed. Although I'm sure there will be some that arne't. You always have a few negative apples in every bunch
Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 PM #76
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by m. buck View Post
i think it would wise to let the cat out of the bag early to draw teams back in. (changes and what not) cuz i know there are starting to be alot more series around the midwest that are starting to sound pretty amazing.
I'm sure as soon as he gets all the wrinkles ironed out, he will. I don't think you guys understand the amount of time and organization that goes into planning an event, let alone a series. There are negations with the host field, with KEE on the paint and prizes, etc. This sort of stuff takes time to develop.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 PM #77
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-man[WarLlamas] View Post
Why would you think this? We won L4 series last year and only got Prophecies. I believe I've told y'all that a few times. I believe you left out the prizes you won during the year, so that offsets some of your cost. Don't expect to ever get a 100+% return on your paintball investment.

MPS can make it, but I believe there are some issues to work out. Also, like most things these days, it's gonna take a Don King'esque promoter out there selling it as 'THE' series to be in.

Best of luck George and Dan.
Thanks man. They are working out the issies. I know Tim and George will be working on some good and needed changes... some of the changes are ones that I would even do if I were still running the series.

I know Tim is going to help out a lot more planning and promoting the series next season, and I promise to do more than what I did this past season... I was taking a break from it all.

I still have faith in the MPS... otherwise I wouldn't be here typing this messaige.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:43 PM #78
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPS_Dan View Post
I'm sure as soon as he gets all the wrinkles ironed out, he will. I don't think you guys understand the amount of time and organization that goes into planning an event, let alone a series. There are negations with the host field, with KEE on the paint and prizes, etc. This sort of stuff takes time to develop.
yes it does take alot of time to plan an event. get refs, etc, etc. we all understand that. And i take my hats off to any series that has other fields besides just one, im sure its hella hard work
Old 11-03-2010, 01:51 PM #79
sethsmith46
pocket full of stones

sethsmith46 plays in the PSP
sethsmith46 plays in the APPA D4 division
i wanna play l2... anyone needs a playeR>?

never mind ... lol
Swamp Chickenz
DHK
Beefy Boys
GEAR BAG SALE
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post80243697
sethsmith46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:57 PM #80
monkeygrinder

I do not play for mwm so anything I say should not be held against them. They are great guys and I wish them the best of luck in what ever series they play but I can guarntee it won't be this one.
And making fun of my screenname.. That's cute. I'm starting to like you a little bit more that you're standing up for Tim.
Specific examples. How about letting mwm roster 8 people and after driving 5 hours saying we couldn't do that. How about that?
Or the no undershirts policy and then the finals of mps 3 Tim walks over to kickn and doesn't ***** the penalty but tells them to tuck there shirts in. After three events there's no excuse for that.
And if that's not being biased idk what that word means.
And to kickn. Y'all are cool guys and we've had some fun. Congrats on the series.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:59 PM #81
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

I'll let Tim respond if he choses to since I have no idea what your talking about. But thank you for posting specific examples, I hate it when people post general statements and you have nothing to respond to.

and yes, I am cute
Old 11-03-2010, 02:06 PM #82
m. buck
2/8/11

m. buck plays in the PSP
the under shirt was a big thing this season. at event #1 i seen several teams all day had them undone, they just got a slap on the wrist saying to fix it. but then the elite sports team, got liek 200 points taken off in one game.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:10 PM #83
MPS_Dan
Midwest Paintball Series

Maybe the answer is, you all just play naked?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:12 PM #84
monkeygrinder

Play naked? Have we met