Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-16-2008, 12:03 PM #1
BRKc50

has been a member for 10 years
___Texas Ballaz___V.23: Lesson 15- Dont act your age.

____Texas Ballerz____

****NEW RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!****
IF YOU ACT DUMB YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT

kthanksbye

Thanks to BRKc50

Thanks to damunoz32

To join: Post your name, where you live(city) and at what field(s) you play*

also, please put a link in your sig to this club

*If you pm me instead of posting your application, you will be ignored. Post your info here and DO NOT pm me please.

President:
Balla24 (James)

Vice President:
BRKc50 (Brendon a.k.a Scrub)

Texas Tech:
sflusch (Stephen)

Ninjas:
TheCanadianOne (Jean Se...aka JC)
ebk06 (Marcus aka Sexy Time)
Egoballer69 (Nick)
damunoz32 (Dante)
fs8frenzy (Jake) (he dosent care tho)

Council:
WhatY (Corey)

Members:

texaspaintballplpaye (eric) (he makes cool shirts )
ninja-balla (James)
Deception-Clay
SpYdEr-BaLlEr (matt the lone baller)
Chapman
trunkflapper
DeceptionLeader
MadHatter5045
Havok646
badboyz21 (leezbian)
outsiderx (Roy)
afreakinbat (Jordan)
Monk3yMast3r
chasethaace13
x420psykoticx
learnfromthismistake
xtylerrrx
bigbabyface(Ashlee)
cashmony87

Complaining n00bs:
Moodog (MOO MOO..colin)

**Faping to pics (other then gun pics) in this thread is NOT ALLOWED! Unless the person is riding a purple penguin.**

No Flaming please, please obey pbn rules, please stay active, i can and will remove you from the list, to get back on the list, just start posting and i will add you back.

Since we learn something new every thread Balla and BRK have decided to make.....

THE TEXAS LIST OF LESSONS!!!

Lesson 1- Don't forget to pick up your chick. (Inspired by Egoballer69)
Lesson 2- E-Fighting is for losers (Inspired by BRKc50, Egoballer69, and Decption-clay)
Lesson 3-Don't eat the mini burgers!!! (Inspired by BRKc50)
Lesson 4-Get the chick BEFORE the flamer does!!!! (Inspired by Moodog)
Lesson 5-Believe it, there really are ninja's after you! (Inspired by TheCanadianOne, BRKc50, Egoballer69, and Damunoz32)
Lesson 6-Don't eat 15 pieces of pizza, you get emo pewps!!! (Inspired by Damunoz32 and ebk06)
Lesson 7- Shower first, no girl likes dick cheese!!!! (Inspired by sflusch)
Lesson 8- You wont win, Don't even try. (Inspired by ebk06, Egoballer69, BRKc50, Balla24, Moodog, and prob more...if i forgot you dont *****)
Lesson 9- Don't count on SYSTEM to re-make your thread. (Inspired by us.)
Lesson 10-Dont mess with BRK.....or j00 get teh FBI (Inspired by BRKc50 and a certain company)
Lesson 11-Crunch Berries make you poop blue. (inspired by fs8frenzy.....kinda)
Lesson 12-Dont forget about the time zones!!!!!!!!!!!! (Inspired by BRKc50 and his team )
Lesson 13-Have more interesting stuff to make a lesson about(Inspired by u losers)
Lesson 14- Dont tell a girl she has a smelly crotch.
Lesson 15- Dont act your age (Inspired by Moodog and cash money87)

I'm all cracked up, high and ****....on life mutha ****a

Originally Posted by bigfatdanman: "why is BRK such an amazing poster?"
Originally Posted by deadeye93: "sigh. BRK are you ever helpful?"

Last edited by BRKc50 : 07-24-2008 at 01:14 PM.
BRKc50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2008, 12:03 PM #2
BRKc50

Old 07-16-2008, 12:04 PM #3
cash money87

Lol at my demotion.
cash money87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:13 PM #4
sflusch
Not a sinner; Saint.

K, since it was closed last go round...

My Toys
sflusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 PM #5
BRKc50

were is your avvy cash?

Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 PM #6
sflusch
Not a sinner; Saint.

Snapping 101, by Steve (with photos of various Saints).

Snap shooting has 2 basic uses, out-gunfighting the person in front of you to gain an elimination, or pushing that person into his bunker so you can either move or wrap to shoot someone else. A lot of people seem to forget the latter use and focus entirely on the former. This means a lot of people aren't getting the best use of their angles or generating new ones, and are risking a lot on what is essentially a game of chance.

Basic snap positioning:

Behind any bunker, you want to stay on your feet as much as possible, and keep your feet squared to your opponent, body facing the bunker. This gives you a solid platform from which to snap. If you're simply shooting a lane, the positioning doesn't matter so much, but when you're having to make quick movements you can lose your balance if not positioned properly. If you must take a knee, try to avoid going on both knees. This will ensure that you can react quickly to any change in field position or take advantage of an opening. You may not react as quickly as you would on both feet, but you'll be much faster than if you're playing "two down."

Between these two, the guy (I'll call him Red from now on) in the foreground doesn't have as solid a platform from which to shoot. This means his snapping will be sloppier, and if he wants to move he must put his opponent in, rise to his feet, and make his move. Also, to snap he must lean forward, which is difficult to do and puts considerable strain on your back muscles.

Conversely, Doug (in the background) is on both feet, is facing his bunker, and aside from not considering the shape of the bunker (more on that later) has a great snap position. He can make moves quickly and won't be caught off balance.

Another photo of Doug shooting, but in this case he's down on both knees. What this should tell you is that he's not planning on moving any time soon, and he is probably just there to keep you pinned down. However, unlike Red from the last photo, Doug won't have to lean forward if you end up in a snapping battle. Doug will be relying on the sides of his abs to work like rubber bands, snapping him in and out, which provides a much faster and more stable firing platform.

Also look at Doug's tank and arm position. His tank is seated firmly in his shoulder, with his arm tucked out of the way. He doesn't have to "chicken wing" or cock his wrist in an odd manner, which in the long run will result in more gun stability and less fatigue.

My Toys

Last edited by sflusch : 07-16-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 PM #7
sflusch
Not a sinner; Saint.

Considering bunker shape:

Another basic skill any snapper should possess is the ability to read his and the opponent's bunker.

In these photos, I'm playing a dorito, one of my favorite bunkers. In both, you should be able to see how I shape myself and my gear to match the line the bunker affords me. This requires thinking about how your hopper may stick out, what parts of arm or leg would stick out, etc. and matching your profile to compensate. Snapping from a shaped bunker also requires that you consider how to hold the gun while coming out. A lot of times I find people do a great job of holding the bunker shape, only to lose it while snapping and doing something simple such as leading with their hopper. If I'm posted up on you, this means I have an idea where you're coming out, and if I don't already have balls in the air, then I will have them at the first inkling you're coming out somewhere.

Lesson to take from this: NEVER TELEGRAPH. Be sure you hold shape while snapping too.

Bunker space management - a.k.a. "How to not get your butt shot."

Another important thing to remember is that you don't always have to tuck in to your bunker. If nobody has a crossfield shot on you, you're safe to play more of your bunker, and this is often more effective than keeping yourself buried face-first into the vinyl.

Here, Doug knows nobody has a crossfield shot on him, so he's playing further back from the bunker, keeping his gun pointed toward his opponent, moving his upper body as a solid mass. This means his gun never loses its aim and he doesn't have to reset on his next snap. The downside with this is if someone moves up on his blind side, he will be an easy target for someone to blindside him. This is where trusting your backmen comes into play. Doug trusts his backers to put paint at anyone who might have a shot on him and to let him know he has company crossfield. If that were to happen, he would simply tuck into the bunker more or move to shoot the person who had moved up.

In this one, I was playing a dorito, snapping with a back player, and worrying about being pinched by the snake. As such, I'm holding my bunker lines, and keeping myself tucked in further to the bunker, and shooting the opposite side from where I feel the threat is, using my bunker to block me out. I hope you can see that I'm still maintaining my gun and upper body as a solid mass, moving in unison so I don't need to reset my gun position.

TAKE NOTE: Snapping with a distant player, such as a backer if you're at your 30, is usually a waste of time. The paintball moves slowly enough that unless you get very lucky and catch your opponent during a poorly timed headcheck or snap, you won't tag him. You can pour pod upon pod into this for very little gain. Instead, you should snap to put your opponent in and then wrap to generate a shot on someone else.

Wrapping is especially important in situations like the one in the photo. The snake player will be expecting me to come out of the right side of the bunker, as coming to battle with him from the left side leaves me dangerously exposed downfield. More likely than not, the snake player will either be posted up on the right side of my bunker or be looking elsewhere for an easier target, knowing if I come out I'm an easy tag. When I do come around the left side, I'm more likely to catch him off guard, and that split second he takes to adjust his aim point can give me a critical edge.

Here is another contrasting example of bunker space management. Doug knew he was in no immediate danger from crossfield, so he played further back from his bunker, giving him more shots on both sides of the bunker. The backers are tucked tightly into their bunker (sharing, which is usually a no-no), and relying on splitting duties to increase their awareness.

To illustrate, try an experiment. Walk towards the center of your fridge, as you approach you can see less and less on either side. That's what you do here. If your first instinct is to wedge yourself into a bunker as tight as you can, then you fail to take advantage of a lot of useable space. This may not hold as true with xball where the fields are shorter and wider, and people move up very quickly, but in general the further back you play, the better your situational awareness will be.

My Toys

Last edited by sflusch : 07-16-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:14 PM #8
sflusch
Not a sinner; Saint.

Tips:

1) Look for patterns. If you can pick up on the subconscious pattern in your opponent's snapping, you have a better chance of shooting him. It can be as simple as noting he goes low-high, low-high on his snapping (from knee to standing and back), to as complex as noting he uses a varying number count. Most of the time, I think people don't vary their snapping much.

2) Post up. I would say 9 times of 10 the first shot a person snaps with goes wide. Posting allows you to see when they start coming out and start shooting. Even better is if you feel you know their pattern, you can shoot when you expect them to come out and then quickly pop in to safety and return to dominance ("checking in").

3) Always seek the dominant position. The poster is dominant; the snapper is submissive. It's a simplistic way to look at it, but your chances of tagging your opponent are higher if you hold the poster position.

The bottom line:

Snapping is a game of chance. Ultimately, you live or die by the random convergence of a thousand tiny variables. Sure, you can practice snapping to increase speed, practice aiming so you can hit a coke can reliably in 1/10th of a second, but ultimately you can't predict what the other player will do, how much paint they'll have in the air, or what their timing pattern is, any more than you can guess what hue their underwear is that day.

It is for this reason above all else I advocate avoiding downrange gunfights. You should be using snapping as a tool to move you up the field, not to gain a numerical advantage over your opponents. Remember that paintball is a game of chess, and even a Pawn can take down the Queen with the right set of angles and pressures.

My Toys

Last edited by sflusch : 07-16-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:16 PM #9
cash money87

Good job steve.
Dm8 was shipping today.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:16 PM #10
sflusch
Not a sinner; Saint.

There you go, Jake. There's a link to that as a solid post under snap shooting 101 in my sig.

My Toys
Old 07-16-2008, 12:17 PM #11
BRKc50

nice steve

Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 PM #12
Decption-Clay
Oldballs Clay

Decption-Clay supports Shocker RSX
Mmm Mmm new new new thread smell..
Old 07-16-2008, 12:35 PM #13
sflusch
Not a sinner; Saint.

How goes, Clay?

My Toys
Old 07-16-2008, 12:37 PM #14
Decption-Clay
Oldballs Clay

hungry, and watching That 70's Show.

How're you today?
Old 07-16-2008, 12:37 PM #15
BRKc50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decption-Clay View Post
Mmm Mmm new new new thread smell..
i <3 it

Old 07-16-2008, 12:37 PM #16
cash money87

Old 07-16-2008, 12:40 PM #17
BRKc50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash money87 View Post

Old 07-16-2008, 12:40 PM #18
sflusch
Not a sinner; Saint.

I'm alright. Another day at Devious. Today has been pretty slow so far, but I'm guessing it'll pick up. Wednesdays usually do.

My Toys
Old 07-16-2008, 12:41 PM #19
Decption-Clay
Oldballs Clay

I get to be re-trained for some reason tonight.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:43 PM #20
BRKc50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decption-Clay View Post
I get to be re-trained for some reason tonight.
its cause ur a nub

Old 07-16-2008, 12:49 PM #21
Decption-Clay
Oldballs Clay

you're the nub..

nah I have no idea what's going on, yesterday the president of the company came to the store, and I don't have a clue as to what I'm getting into tonight.. Hopefully it's getting trained to work in Music/Games/other **** we sell.

Or it's for my raise... that's probably not going to happen -_-