PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-10-2004, 06:57 PM #1
House

has been a member for 10 years
any internal pics yet???

Ok, seems that the borg has made it to the public now. How about some pics of the internals? I would like to see the board with the wiering, and how the solinoid is hooked up. With only one hose is what I want to see. Is the one hose comeing from the lpr to a manifold..simular to bko? or something different?

Also, how about the valve set up...standard sheriden set or something a little different?

Thanks all

House
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2004, 07:57 PM #2
vmhuang

I'll have some pics up tomorrow of the internals.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:55 PM #3
kai83
Mega Moderator

kai83 is a Mega Moderator
kai83 is a Supporting Member
kai83 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
kai83 is Immortal
Old 02-11-2004, 02:26 AM #4
James@MacDev
secret underground lair

James@MacDev works for a Paintball manufacturer
please don't go posting pic's of the internals all over the internet, it is to easy for some people to R and D it! (rip off and duplicate).

it's very simple to imagine - the board has two wires coming off it one to the sloenoid and one to the battery.
the eye's plug straight into the board.
the hose go's fromthe body to the solenoid which is mounted on the body.

if you would like to see the internals either buy one yourself or find someone who has one and take a look at it.
Old 02-11-2004, 06:01 AM #5
Kore David

I understand the concern, but this might factor into someone's decision to buy or not to buy, huh?

Applying for a patent is an idea, too... come on, everybody's doing it. Patents are the new wiping.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:18 AM #6
ditangquan
absinthe

ditangquan is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by James@MacDev
please don't go posting pic's of the internals all over the internet, it is to easy for some people to R and D it! (rip off and duplicate).
its inevitable, the pics will be posted. I don't see what the problem is. If you have a new design, patent it.

I don't see all that much new in the design personally. The solenoid connection is a little different, the board is like some of the new boards out there (entropy), and all the rest is pretty much standard 2 tube design.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:54 AM #7
vmhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by James@MacDev
While I agree with Ditangquan... I'll honor the request of James@MacDev not to post pictures of the internals. I do think it is designed very well. Clean and effective.

Vincent
Old 02-11-2004, 12:35 PM #8
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

FallNAngel is a Mega Moderator
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VIII
I agree, if you have a good design, patent it. It's too easy for someone to get R&D info from the pics? Give me a break. Someone could just buy a Cyborg for the $980 they cost, get all the R&D they want from it, then turn around and sell it for damn near the same price they got it for. Not posting pics isn't saving anything.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Old 02-11-2004, 02:01 PM #9
natethon

Maybe for now you can personal message the pictures.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:14 PM #10
heavyhitterscapt

heavyhitterscapt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
but then how do we know your not the one R&D'ing it

feedback: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=289093
Old 02-11-2004, 02:22 PM #11
pbeclipse
AKA Forever...

Personally, I really want to see internal pics, even drawings or animations or something. The design of a gun has a lott o do with what I will buy. For instance, when I took apart my first Timmy and saw that it was a bigger, heavier, uglier bushmaster, I opted not to buy one. On the other hand, I never gave much thought to the AKA Viking and Excal, until I saw some design pictures, and now I really want one. However, I want to see mmore pics of the Cyborg so I can decide Viking or Cyborg.

Also, one question: What is the bolt pin design like? I hated on Timmy's and others where it takes a lot of work and concentration just to get the bolt pin inside the hole in the hammer. I know AKA fixed this problem, but I want to know what it is like on the Cyborgs. IMO Timmy's and Bushmasters are quick to field strip, but it takes WAY too long to put back together. Thanks.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:58 PM #12
KMA

KMA is a founding member
KMA supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally posted by heavyhitterscapt
but then how do we know your not the one R&D'ing it
What's up with the "conspiracy theories"?

If someone wanted to steal the design, using pictures off the web would not be the best approach... just buy one and start taking measurements.

There is no stopping it if someone wants to really do it... Patents and the like are the closest thing to protection.
╚╝╚╩╩═╩╩╝╚
R&M Paintball - Headrush - BlackSheep
100% Positive Feedback
Old 02-11-2004, 04:41 PM #13
kreno

kreno is a Supporting Member
Any company with a great product, especially a paintball gun, should have patents on their equipment... and if not... then it's your own fault if somebody takes your design and uses it too. That being said... I also would not doubt it, just by looking at the exterior if the design is similar to the bushmaster/tribal. What exactly is wrong with that design pbeclipse? That's the same design the Viking, Angel, Bushy, Impy, Timmy, and others use... It's not exactly uncommon lol.

Anyway, *ends rant* I also would like to see internal pics, but i have a feeling I already know what I'm going to see
Old 02-11-2004, 08:42 PM #14
pbeclipse
AKA Forever...

I guess its a little hard to explain. On a Bush/Timmy, when you slide in the bolt, you cannot see the hole in the hammer that the pin is supposed to "click" into. I always had a problem on the field if I striped the gun for cleaning/jam because it is much easier to put the bolt too far forward, in front of the hammer instead of in its hole, thus rendering the gun useless until you line everything up right. I've heard AKA got rid of this problem because the bolt tilts to the side when it locks in place. Maybe I'm just a retard... but I care about these things. Thanks!
Old 02-11-2004, 09:17 PM #15
ditangquan
absinthe

Quote:
Originally posted by kreno
I also would not doubt it, just by looking at the exterior if the design is similar to the bushmaster/tribal. What exactly is wrong with that design pbeclipse? That's the same design the Viking, Angel, Bushy, Impy, Timmy, and others use... It's not exactly uncommon lol.
I'll just say that you are wrong on one of those markers. It DOES NOT have the same design as the others and its not the Cyborg.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:18 PM #16
ditangquan
absinthe

!

Quote:
Originally posted by pbeclipse
I guess its a little hard to explain. On a Bush/Timmy, when you slide in the bolt, you cannot see the hole in the hammer that the pin is supposed to "click" into.
Its easy on the Cyborg, just put the bolt in all the way until you see where it is tapered off in the back. CLICK! Perfectly set.
Old 02-14-2004, 09:31 PM #17
House

ummm...if I wanted to rip off the design...witch by the way, that set up has been around since what....98,97? I would order one, and take measurments. I wanted to buy one...and I say wanted. With your atitued toward future customers, and don't want to be one of you current customers. I have my own store, and was thinking about carering some of your produts. Not any more. Now not only am I anti SP. but I now think that I am anti macdev.

Talk about being a prick

later

House
Old 02-14-2004, 09:34 PM #18
House

ditangquan--yes they all use the same design principal...just different configureations. Soliniod controled ram, driven to knock a sheridan valve set up. All of those markers use that.

later

House
Old 02-14-2004, 09:36 PM #19
House

heavyhitterscapt--becouse, I'm not the one buying it...ever

Later

House
Old 02-15-2004, 12:19 AM #20
bunkaboi

All he did was politely ask that no-one post pictures of the internals...and for that he's a prick?
I think someone here has anger management issues, and a little old saying springs to mind too...People who live in glass houses.......
Old 02-15-2004, 12:30 AM #21
kreno

kreno is a Supporting Member
I have no problems with his asking for people not to post pics... but I'm just saying it's probably nothing we haven't seen before. They just tweaked the living crap out of it to be efficient/fast as hell

That's all I'm saying. Pics of the internals will make it to the public within a short period of time. I don't see the problem of it being now or in a couple weeks/months...