PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-19-2006, 10:34 PM #1
machineGunKelly

I heard North Korea is capable of Long Range balisstic missles

i was going to school and i heard that some japanese people said that there are signs that north korea is capable or will launch a ballistic missile in the near future. My older friend is joining Marine reserves and he said they do alot of cold weather training because they suspect of military involvment with them. Any thoughts?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2006, 11:02 PM #2
مرتكب جريمة

Yup, North Korea can hit the entire west coast of the United states with nukes.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:08 PM #3
Johnny Rebel

If they do anything to the US..... well... we won't be hearing from them ever again.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:03 AM #4
M1sTaWIggLes
ɥsǝɹɟ

has been a member for 10 years
im sure if they do anything to the US, there will be no US left. They dont want to make the same mistake Japan did...
Old 05-20-2006, 04:45 AM #5
Stealth Strokin

I'm sure N. Korea will do what every country with Nukes does:

Call their own shots and trade with other countries freely.

ooooooh so scary!

Besides nobody is stupid here. Every govt in the world knows who the US is and what they and there allies are capable of doing to them. Publicly going against the US is good moral for their people, but don't think too far into it as anything more.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:41 AM #6
Pom-Pom_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by مرتكب جريمة
That wouldn't be long range if they only go to the west coast, that's only medium range.
Old 05-20-2006, 10:06 AM #7
مرتكب جريمة

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom-Pom_King
That wouldn't be long range if they only go to the west coast, that's only medium range.
O rly?
Old 05-20-2006, 11:08 AM #8
OneFourDeuce

Funny... i was stationed in Seoul for the past year. and we done no cold weather training
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1754061
Old 05-20-2006, 10:43 PM #9
PB_SEAN
By popular demand

Quote:
Originally Posted by مرتكب جريمة
.................................................. .................................................. ......................... I'm screwed
Old 05-20-2006, 10:50 PM #10
DatsunKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB_SEAN
.................................................. .................................................. ......................... I'm screwed
Me too.... hold me....
Old 05-20-2006, 10:54 PM #11
mrchuck234

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineGunKelly
i was going to school and i heard that some japanese people said that there are signs that north korea is capable or will launch a ballistic missile in the near future. My older friend is joining Marine reserves and he said they do alot of cold weather training because they suspect of military involvment with them. Any thoughts?
"Freedom, liberty, and pursuit of all those who threaten it"
Old 05-20-2006, 11:59 PM #12
4rtshark

ICBM navigation systems aren't self-contained, are they? the location is still based upon a satellite feed, yes?
Old 05-21-2006, 01:49 AM #13
aznricecake2642
Bandit

aznricecake2642 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom-Pom_King
Actually to hit the continental US, they'll need a intercontinental basllistic missile. About 10,000 km. But they dont have the technology for that and wont have it for quite awhile. Right now they can only hit Japan and S. Korea. Sucks for S. Korea cause N. Korea has hundreds of artillery along the dmz that can level Seoul within a few hours.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:00 PM #14
MéthOd onE
That's Deep

No offense to our military or government, but if we got hit by nukes sometime near the present, US i think would just about throw in the towel. We have katrina victims everyone's worrying about, more supposable hurricanes hitting US's east coast, Immigration laws and acts, gas prices, the war in Iraq and our own people's protest against the war.
Lets hope for the best
Old 05-21-2006, 12:03 PM #15
ipoppedtimmy
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MéthOd onE
No offense to our military or government, but if we got hit by nukes sometime near the present, US i think would just about throw in the towel. We have katrina victims everyone's worrying about, more supposable hurricanes hitting US's east coast, Immigration laws and acts, gas prices, the war in Iraq and our own people's protest against the war.
Lets hope for the best

You think that if we were hit by a nuclear attack, that we would surrender to North Korea and let them occupy us?

Buy my Fender Deluxe Tube Amp!
Buy My Autococker Paintball Package
Old 05-21-2006, 12:57 PM #16
afrotc465
DarkSideOut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MéthOd onE
Lets hope for the best

There is no way we would throw in the towel to some half *** third world country. No sane country will ever nuke us because whatever they do to us we do to them one-hundred-fold.

The United States has had to fight to become the greatest country in the world and we sure as hell wouldn't give it up to some 4'8" psycho who is compensating for his tiny penis.

University of Nebraska-Lincoln

Dark Side Out

Old 05-21-2006, 01:59 PM #17
4rtshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrotc465
The United States has had to fight to become the greatest country in the world and we sure as hell wouldn't give it up to some 4'8" psycho who is compensating for his tiny penis.
no; we've had to possess more influence and pressuring ability than any soviet nation, that's all.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:07 PM #18
ProtoNY

Quote:
No sane country will ever nuke us because whatever they do to us we do to them one-hundred-fold.
More importantly, if any nation attempts first strike at another nation, they will have more than just us to deal with.

--Proto
Old 05-21-2006, 05:47 PM #19
MéthOd onE
That's Deep

Quote:
There is no way we would throw in the towel to some half *** third world country. No sane country will ever nuke us because whatever they do to us we do to them one-hundred-fold.

I never said anything about surrender.
We(all US, govt and president), our minds would come close to crumbling.
I said just about throw in the towel.Not completely. How could you handle yourself and life if you're in debt, can't afford food on the table everyday for your family and a gang's threatening your life and family? This is basically the thing our president and country is going through right now minus the katrina situation.
How much responsibility can someone take, how mentaly strong can someone be, with knowing any decision you make will have a dramatic effect and either way you go, someone's going to hate you and look down on that decision.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:06 PM #20
aznricecake2642
Bandit

aznricecake2642 is a Supporting Member
North Korea's economy is fuled by a worthless currency. They have $400 million trade deficit. There are people starving in the rural pupulation in places where they barely grow grass. The isolated economy does yield two things: weapon and foreign aid. I would think the North Korea is a lot worst off than we are. And if they do attack us, I'm pretty sure that we'll unite together like we've done in the past.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:10 PM #21
Indi86
Welcome to Monkey Island

The North Korean government makes a significant portion of its money sellings missles to other countries. It's how they do, and its one of the reasons why PRK is on the road to a complete governmental failure.