has been a member for 10 years
Maybe you need to enjoy your work more.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-08-2012, 09:55 AM #611
cynicalrider
robert paulson

I am perfectly happy with my work. I work for a great company, have a great team, and am doing what I've wanted to do since before high school. Regardless I still love hanging out with my girlfriend and riding my motorcycle more.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:29 AM #612
Weng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto123 View Post
I don't ever think about money. My only regret with college is that I wasted time getting a BS in Accounting. I think if you guys are worried about money and regretting time spent in college, then you have some serious soul searching and maturing to do. There is a lot more to life than just putting money into your piggy bank.

I don't lock myself up in my apartment to study either. I study anyway I can get it. Usually I walk out of my last class of the day, mind you I am in 3 classes each day, plugin to some music and start studying at the closest table.
I don't want to be in debt for the rest of my life because I got an education.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:34 AM #613
Pelto123

If you learned something you had a serious interest in and managed to become an adult in college, then that should not be the case. Unfortunately many kids are graduating with some degree that has a general expectation to land a general type of person a job. On top of that many kids leave college without any more maturity than they came in with and are forced to gain that needed maturity in the real world.

Though keep up with the positive attitude.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM #614
cynicalrider
robert paulson

Pelto are you financing your education yourself? I think there are many people who need to be concerned about their financial situation when it comes to getting a college education.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 PM #615
YoungGunner55

damico what does your pops do, you think its too late to work for him?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:37 PM #616
Weng

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelto123 View Post
If you learned something you had a serious interest in and managed to become an adult in college, then that should not be the case. Unfortunately many kids are graduating with some degree that has a general expectation to land a general type of person a job. On top of that many kids leave college without any more maturity than they came in with and are forced to gain that needed maturity in the real world.

Though keep up with the positive attitude.
I'm a lot more mature then my first year in college, working in the mill made me mature right away. I know how to work in a harsh environment I've paid 18k out of my own pocket for school.

I don't want to be in so much debt that I can't do anything.

Last edited by Weng : 10-08-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:16 PM #617
ChemicalDonkey
you're welcome

From what I know, pelto isn't paying for his education. I didn't pay for my undergrad either, and that cost ~$200k. I'm grateful for what my parents were able to provide, but I also recognize that school is way too ****ing expensive. Now I'm going to med school, and will be ***-deep in debt for a while but it's worth it if I get to help people. For the people that spend more than 4 years at college, you're doing something wrong.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:42 PM #618
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Got ****ed up on a small hike. Entire right side of body, thighs and butt are all ate up by bugs. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU it itches.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM #619
Weng

Not everyone knows what they want to do right away. Some of my classes didn't go towards my major and some didn't transfer.

Last edited by Weng : 10-08-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 PM #620
ChemicalDonkey
you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weng View Post
Not everyone knows what they want to do right away.
Ya. I completely understand this, but I feel that colleges give you the flex room to figure stuff out pretty quickly. I didn't have to declare a major until my junior year. Unless you want to go to medical school, you really have a lot of room to take lots of different classes. Knowing how much an education costs, one should not want to take extra time to figure stuff out.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:11 PM #621
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalDonkey View Post
From what I know, pelto isn't paying for his education. I didn't pay for my undergrad either, and that cost ~$200k. I'm grateful for what my parents were able to provide, but I also recognize that school is way too ****ing expensive. Now I'm going to med school, and will be ***-deep in debt for a while but it's worth it if I get to help people. For the people that spend more than 4 years at college, you're doing something wrong.
Yeah, I'm sure you can speak for everyone.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass
Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM #622
timmyfreak15(2)

timmyfreak15(2) plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
I was going for a degree in Graphic Design and realized that I was getting more experience from my own personal freelance projects than the program was providing me. I switched to marketing so that I have both the creative and business side down flat. Once I get into the ad industry I'll be a machine and I love every second of it. Challenges both my creative talents and also allows me to strengthen my math and analytical skills.

This will take me approximately 5.5 years. I haven't slacked in my credit loads either.

Not trying to be a dick just pointing this out.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:44 PM #623
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

1 Date Roll (~28-30g):
1g Fat
21 Carbs (2 fiber) [9.4gGlucose, 8.9gFructose, 148mgSucrose, 84mgMaltose]
1 Protein

Hnnnnnnnggg so good.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM #624
ChemicalDonkey
you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Familiar View Post
Yeah, I'm sure you can speak for everyone.
What does not paying for my education have to do with staying longer? If anything, that kids I know that spent more than 4 years at uni were not paying and their parents were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyfreak15(2) View Post
I was going for a degree in Graphic Design and realized that I was getting more experience from my own personal freelance projects than the program was providing me. I switched to marketing so that I have both the creative and business side down flat. Once I get into the ad industry I'll be a machine and I love every second of it. Challenges both my creative talents and also allows me to strengthen my math and analytical skills.

This will take me approximately 5.5 years. I haven't slacked in my credit loads either.

Not trying to be a dick just pointing this out.
What type of university do you go to, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 10-08-2012, 04:01 PM #625
timmyfreak15(2)

timmyfreak15(2) plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
What type of university do you go to, if you don't mind me asking?
Here in Wisconsin we obviously have Madison which is the biggest. I'm at UW-Milwaukee which is in at a close second just due to the size of the city.

Our entire school system throughout the state is incredibly tight knit.

I don't know if it's because the Universities are changing their curriculum to adapt to everything changing in the real world but almost everyone I meet here has taken more than 4 years to get out. Not including the kids that just don't give a shoot.

I'm sure it's different in other states, just my experience here.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:13 PM #626
]TSS[ Dake
Somewhere in the Between

Wearing last year's trash, ladies still be batting lashes
Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 PM #627
Smart Parts Player12

Quote:
Where did you go? If not an Ivy, MIT, UChi, CalTech you likely did it wrong.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:32 PM #628
ChemicalDonkey
you're welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyfreak15(2) View Post
Here in Wisconsin we obviously have Madison which is the biggest. I'm at UW-Milwaukee which is in at a close second just due to the size of the city.

Our entire school system throughout the state is incredibly tight knit.

I don't know if it's because the Universities are changing their curriculum to adapt to everything changing in the real world but almost everyone I meet here has taken more than 4 years to get out. Not including the kids that just don't give a shoot.

I'm sure it's different in other states, just my experience here.
Thanks. I always like hearing other things and definitely appreciate your experience. The kids who took longer that I know always ****ed up. Not saying they weren't smart, they just made poor decisions and took longer to graduate. It seems you were either misled or did not know what direction to go in. I feel like this is a huge problem with the education system as a whole. Too expensive, 4 years and if you do it longer people look at you weirdly. There needs to be some changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart Parts Player12 View Post
Where did you go? If not an Ivy, MIT, UChi, CalTech you likely did it wrong.
I was accepted into 4 Ivy's, attended Tufts University, transferred to a smaller, liberal arts college in NY for personal reasons, recently graduated in the top 40 of my class, scored in the 97% of the MCAT, which is the hardest exam out of any graduate test (LSAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.), and will probably attend a top-20 medical school this next year. I'd say I'm doing things according to plan.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:41 PM #629
]TSS[ Dake
Somewhere in the Between

nom
Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM #630
Mr.Familiar
We're all the same

Quote:
What does not paying for my education have to do with staying longer? If anything, that kids I know that spent more than 4 years at uni were not paying and their parents were.
Not everyone has as supportive or well off parents that can spend 200k for an education. Some, if not many, have to work as they go or like Weng said, don't know what they want to do/be right away. Having your education paid for, especially a 200k education at a "higher level" school with better services, resources, teaching, and overall operations (I'm assuming) compared to that of a less expensive, "lower level" school, and not having it paid for, can make going to school; "less easy" and "less simple" than graduating in 4 years. I'm sure there are other reasons why people take longer to go to school as well. But then there are going to be those kids that are using their parents money and taking longer with school just because they don't have to pay for it, because they can.

Poor man, living a rich life
"Lay your facts by the side of every-day practices of this nation and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival." -Frederick Douglass

Last edited by Mr.Familiar : 10-08-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Closed Thread