Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-08-2012, 08:38 PM #43
dwizum

Just getting back in after a break of 16 years. What's my prize?
dwizum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2012, 06:33 PM #44
mikehuff24
Hustlin' Hustlin'

mikehuff24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mikehuff24 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mikehuff24 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizum View Post
Just getting back in after a break of 16 years. What's my prize?
Paying way more cash for the same/very similar models from the year before. I quit playing to join the army in 09 im getting back on a team when i get back from this 12month deployment next week!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:36 PM #45
mightymike305
Play or Dye!!

mightymike305 is playing at Living Legends V
mightymike305 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mightymike305 is attending Decay of Nations VI
mightymike305 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Took a 3 yr break and now im back in it!!
mightymike305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:48 PM #46
Icon0clast
Powered by Sammiches

Icon0clast plays in the MiLP
Icon0clast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Icon0clast plays in the APPA D4 division
Quit back in 05, started back up and loving it.
Icon0clast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:58 AM #47
dwizum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehuff24 View Post
Paying way more cash for the same/very similar models from the year before. I quit playing to join the army in 09 im getting back on a team when i get back from this 12month deployment next week!
I'm not the kind of person who HAS to have the latest and greatest so to me the price changes have been positive. For one thing, paint is way cheaper (if you adjust for inflation). And, dirt cheap used gear is way easier to get now that teh interwebs have taken off (the last time I played was before places like pbnation existed).
dwizum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:15 AM #48
loneassassin
A Grim and...

has been a member for 10 years
I haven't played since last October and it's been the longest "break" I've had from playing in 20 years.

Not my fault though -- paintball is pretty much dead in my state. There's only one town in which people still play and it's a 2 1/2 hour drive away.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:39 AM #49
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Soul06 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin
I haven't played since last October and it's been the longest "break" I've had from playing in 20 years.

Not my fault though -- paintball is pretty much dead in my state. There's only one town in which people still play and it's a 2 1/2 hour drive away.
What state is that?

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:53 AM #50
DeceptionLeader
The True Rec Ball HERO!!

DeceptionLeader owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DeceptionLeader supports Team VICIOUS
DeceptionLeader supports DLX Technology
I stopped back in 08 for work/school...now that i have a steady job i came back in April.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall." Vince Lombardi
DeceptionLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:08 AM #51
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
What state is that?
Montana. We've always struggled to have a real paintball scene -- the towns are too far apart. Commercial fields can never seem to stay in business because (my guess) we have so much open land that people just go play for free in their own private groups. The problem is, there is little to no cohesiveness/organization between all the players in the state. Couple that with the fact that there are so many other things to do here that nobody sticks with paintball. I used to be the guy that got things going/tried to bring some organization/regularly scheduled games -- but I am 34 years old now, have two professional jobs, a wife, a mortgage, and no time for such exhausting endeavors.

I'd like to be able to just show up somewhere within a reasonable driving distance and simply play for a few hours, a couple outings per month -- but that's a pipe dream. Nobody will step up to the plate and make things happen. I also think that paintball has lost-out to COD and other video games. Rather than going out and engaging in real activity and relationships, kids are now "pwning" each other from the safety and comfort of their own couches and Dorito's bags.

I'm into a lot of other sports and activities, but there is no substitute for paintball. If you read this and caught a disgruntled vibe, you're very perceptive.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 AM #52
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Soul06 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by loneassassin

Montana. We've always struggled to have a real paintball scene -- the towns are too far apart. Commercial fields can never seem to stay in business because (my guess) we have so much open land that people just go play for free in their own private groups. The problem is, there is little to no cohesiveness/organization between all the players in the state. Couple that with the fact that there are so many other things to do here that nobody sticks with paintball. I used to be the guy that got things going/tried to bring some organization/regularly scheduled games -- but I am 34 years old now, have two professional jobs, a wife, a mortgage, and no time for such exhausting endeavors.

I'd like to be able to just show up somewhere within a reasonable driving distance and simply play for a few hours, a couple outings per month -- but that's a pipe dream. Nobody will step up to the plate and make things happen. I also think that paintball has lost-out to COD and other video games. Rather than going out and engaging in real activity and relationships, kids are now "pwning" each other from the safety and comfort of their own couches and Dorito's bags.

I'm into a lot of other sports and activities, but there is no substitute for paintball. If you read this and caught a disgruntled vibe, you're very perceptive.
I feel your pain man. Really do. Must be rather frustrating to hear some of the small things people on here sometimes complain about seeing at their local fields.

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:24 AM #53
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I feel your pain man. Really do. Must be rather frustrating to hear some of the small things people on here sometimes complain about seeing at their local fields.
Yeah, it's extremely frustrating. I've been passionate about paintball since my first game back in high school; had some really good years in there, sometimes up to 40 people playing at times. Decent tournement turnouts as well. But it's just faded to nothing in the last couple years.

I could once play 3 days a week; woodsball on Tuesday nights, Saturdays, and one day of speedball on Sundays. Now, I go to the field only to turn around and go home after an hour or two of waiting for people to show up. I've even driven 100+ miles to no-shows. The sad thing is I'm really not in a position to do anything about it.

Old 09-19-2012, 12:24 PM #54
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Stopped about 2 years ago. Found some new people to Play with recently and now it's all I think about
ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:46 PM #55
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
I quit for a few years. I'm back now, it is just as much fun as I remember, its taken over as the new hobby. My issue is, none of my friends have any interest in playing. So I often go by myself, which dont bother me. I usually make friends with a few other walk on players.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:24 AM #56
byarosh201

7 or 8 years. I started again last season, only just started playing again maybe 2 months ago though. Got a nasty injury at work, now im finally back and I never been so broke lol
byarosh201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:42 PM #57
russc

russc posts videos on PbNation
russc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I rolled my ankle in June, and didn't play for 2 and a half months. That's the longest I've ever gone since I started playing.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:15 PM #58
CJMiranda

CJMiranda owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
My longest break was 6 weeks over the winter time and I had serious withdrawals! I get very grumpy if I don't play every weekend!!!
CJMiranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:32 AM #59
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
My longest time apart from paintball would be two months, I am sure that will change when I go to college next year.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:25 PM #60
tvise
USPN Hollister CA

tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I work at a field.

It gives me paint and discount gear.

It really has allowed me to play when I want. But its not very practical once you graduate High School...
tvise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:30 PM #61
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

tlmiller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Started in 95, in late 99 I stopped playing tournies and played only once or twice a year until about 2002 when I started playing regularly again. Been playing pretty consistently since then.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:34 AM #62
destey
Derek

Played 3 NEPL tournaments in 1999 then stopped for college. Just now getting back into it. Much different now, back then it was autocockers, angels and the occasional automag or shocker.
destey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:06 PM #63
Dark_Helmet

Played in 1994 at Paintball Pursuit in San Antonio. Bought a house, got into other hobbies, etc. Now that my son is 10 and Grandpa's Paintball opened 10 minutes from the house, looking to get back into it (and now I can afford it).

Need to get my 5 posts so I can get a used Mini for him.
Dark_Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote