Old 06-24-2012, 09:23 PM #22
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

has been a member for 10 years
smokefools66 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Ninja Paintball
smokefools66 supports Empire
I'm highly doubting its shopped since Eclipse posted it on FB, but the fourth answer was is it just eclipse trolling us again so who knows. Even if this is a prototype I'm guessing it will still be in testing for months before its release and will be a side project until the Geo3 is released and on its feet.

smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2012, 09:32 PM #23
Racso
It R go good w/ Pizza

Racso is playing at Living Legends V
Racso is playing at Living Legends VI
Racso is playing at Living Legends VII
Racso is playing at Living Legends VIII
Racso owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Racso is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefools66 View Post
I'm highly doubting its shopped since Eclipse posted it on FB, but the fourth answer was is it just eclipse trolling us again so who knows. Even if this is a prototype I'm guessing it will still be in testing for months before its release and will be a side project until the Geo3 is released and on its feet.
Well, keep this in mind: the GEO3 R&D is done, the first runs are packaged and either on the way to stores... or even at stores. It isn't like the department who makes the schematics is the same as the one that manufactures the part, or the guy who tests it on fields (that would be the sponsored teams), or the guy who drafts marketing, or the guy who draws up the packaging, or the shipping department. Planet isn't a huge company (compared to a car manufacturer), but they also aren't ICD or mom & pop working out of a shop. Once a gun reaches a certain stage, it moves onto the next stage. While many may overlap, there are those who are more specialized. And generally, once they finish one project, they usually move on to the next.
Racso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:38 PM #24
PAINTSLINGER05

PAINTSLINGER05 is an NCPA player
PAINTSLINGER05 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremis View Post
Maybe they think the original Shocker look is going to make a comeback
Finally, we can drop our guns off cliffs and high rise buildings
PAINTSLINGER05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:44 PM #25
USAFballer

USAFballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
USAFballer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
USAFballer supports Team VICIOUS
USAFballer plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokefools66 View Post
Didn't the price of the 11 just drop? Or was that just on anus gear?

EDIT: Took to long to reply so ya it was just an anus gear thing..
It wasn't just ANS that did a drop. PE came out on a blog release saying the price was dropping. ANS just dropped it before anyone else.

And just when I'm about to get an Ego11 this shows up, damn.
Dye R2

AVID Extreme Sports
USAFballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:55 PM #26
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racso View Post
Well, keep this in mind: the GEO3 R&D is done, the first runs are packaged and either on the way to stores... or even at stores. It isn't like the department who makes the schematics is the same as the one that manufactures the part, or the guy who tests it on fields (that would be the sponsored teams), or the guy who drafts marketing, or the guy who draws up the packaging, or the shipping department. Planet isn't a huge company (compared to a car manufacturer), but they also aren't ICD or mom & pop working out of a shop. Once a gun reaches a certain stage, it moves onto the next stage. While many may overlap, there are those who are more specialized. And generally, once they finish one project, they usually move on to the next.

I understand that, but I would expect them to have their hands full with getting all the orders out and also I heard the Cure ST2 bolts weren't being shipped with the first orders, but regardless I would not expect a new Ego to drop until fall.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:17 PM #27
GunsGalore

GunsGalore owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
if you think its real, your on crack. its photoshop. Compared texture of eye cover to the body. Prototype/beta guns are milled to what they are hoping for. and there isnt supposed to be a 13 if there was you wouldnt see it now. Eclipse started making the 11/ geo3 cases with the new design and reprinted the 11 box and manual recently........
GunsGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:26 PM #28
Bobd314
Sidecars are for *****es.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGalore View Post
if you think its real, your on crack. its photoshop. Compared texture of eye cover to the body. Prototype/beta guns are milled to what they are hoping for. and there isnt supposed to be a 13 if there was you wouldnt see it now. Eclipse started making the 11/ geo3 cases with the new design and reprinted the 11 box and manual recently........
Very doubtful it was a PS, considering it was posted from Eclipse's own FB page, where they've had lots of pictures from whatever event was going on: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...id=67245033875

Since it was being used at a large event, they're not going to mill it since people would take pictures, especially if they're testing internals. Could just be a body only for testing different internals - maybe easier to swap them in and out if the body isn't super milled and stuff.

Last edited by Bobd314 : 06-24-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Bobd314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:28 PM #29
msonic
one case one kill

Annual Supporting Member
msonic is a Mega Moderator
msonic is a Moderator
msonic is a Supporting Member
msonic donated to help Peyton Trent
msonic is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
msonic is Immortal
Quote:
lol
msonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:30 PM #30
gixer2000

gixer2000 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gixer2000 supports Pev's Paintball
gixer2000 plays in the APPA D4 division
gixer2000 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
It is not Photoshop. The eye covers are just a dust finish. It's just aluminum that wasn't polished or dust before it was annod. I saw the Same thing sitting on lance's shelf last time I visited pe in RI.
gixer2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:40 PM #31
tegan765
FOREVER UNITED CLOTHING

tegan765 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
tegan765 plays in the APPA D4 division
tegan765 supports DLX Technology
So fake. Look above the reg
Old 06-24-2012, 10:42 PM #32
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
Lol, you obviously are the one on the rocks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobd314 View Post
Very doubtful it was a PS, considering it was posted from Eclipse's own FB page, where they've had lots of pictures from whatever event was going on: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...id=67245033875

Since it was being used at a large event, they're not going to mill it since people would take pictures, especially if they're testing internals. Could just be a body only for testing different internals - maybe easier to swap them in and out if the body isn't super milled and stuff.
Definitely anyone that doesn't live under a rock would spot new milling/features instantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer2000 View Post
It is not Photoshop. The eye covers are just a dust finish. It's just aluminum that wasn't polished or dust before it was annod. I saw the Same thing sitting on lance's shelf last time I visited pe in RI.
This. They probably didn't want to waste the time/ money to pretty it up.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:42 PM #33
Bobd314
Sidecars are for *****es.

Slightly higher res: http://i.imgur.com/xpapF.jpg

I wish people would read through the thread before saying "fake" or something dumb :/

Last edited by Bobd314 : 06-24-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Bobd314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:06 AM #34
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

You mean we're supposed to read and then make assumptions? No this is the nation that never happens here

Old 06-25-2012, 04:00 AM #35
frenchy2475

frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
No grip frame screw like the CSL. Possibly Ego 13 test mule? Seen as they released the Geo 3 they need something special for World Cup.
frenchy2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:24 AM #36
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Soul06 supports Ninja Paintball
I thought this part on FB was kinda funny...

Quote:
what this ?
answer 1 : the new EGO 13 designed by Ledz
answer 2 : the result of copulation of an ETEK and an Angel V6
answer 3 : the "new do it yourself" EGO 13 sold with Dremel tool system.
answer 4 : it's nothing, Flash didn't allowed me to took the picture.....

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:44 AM #37
egoproud21

egoproud21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
To me it looks photoshopped but that's just an opinion the eye covers look animated bt some spots look just un-milled so maybe it's real I don't know. But what I do know is that my friend was at fox4 paintball recently in upton and he heard 187 crew talking about a new ego 13
Gearbag sale!! https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hlight=gearbag
wgp 2k2 autococker pump F/T https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post73581099

Paintball empties your wallet faster than drugs... and its worth every penny
egoproud21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:52 AM #38
jesse370

jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Its just like prototypes in the automobile industry. They make fake body panels or whole shells to work out new internals that they are testing to keep everyone in the dark as to what they are up to.

I think everyone knew it was only a matter of time until the CSL trigger frame made it onto the normal egos. I mean at this point what else can they do to the platform other then make it lighter?

With the adjustable noid you can tailor your ego to perfectly match your style of play or the paint you are using.

The gun is already bulletproof, pretty light and efficient not sure what is left to really do to an ego.
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 AM #39
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I thought this part on FB was kinda funny...
I thought that was funny too, they made two different posts with different questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoproud21 View Post
To me it looks photoshopped but that's just an opinion the eye covers look animated bt some spots look just un-milled so maybe it's real I don't know. But what I do know is that my friend was at fox4 paintball recently in upton and he heard 187 crew talking about a new ego 13
It's not I zoomed in and you can see the grease/smudges from it being used on the field, and if that isn't enough, PE released this pic on their FB page..

Old 06-25-2012, 11:02 AM #40
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse370 View Post
Its just like prototypes in the automobile industry. They make fake body panels or whole shells to work out new internals that they are testing to keep everyone in the dark as to what they are up to.

I think everyone knew it was only a matter of time until the CSL trigger frame made it onto the normal egos. I mean at this point what else can they do to the platform other then make it lighter?

With the adjustable noid you can tailor your ego to perfectly match your style of play or the paint you are using.

The gun is already bulletproof, pretty light and efficient not sure what is left to really do to an ego.
Ya I'm guessing they will incorporate the flush fitting frame and the external bolt speed control adjuster found on the Geo3. I agree with you in the fact that its hard to think of what else they could improve on, but that's why the boys at eclipse work there instead of us average joes..

Old 06-25-2012, 01:52 PM #41
USAFballer

USAFballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
USAFballer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
USAFballer supports Team VICIOUS
USAFballer plays in the APPA D5 division
Since it does have the CSL frame and the parts from the EGO has anyone thought that there might be a chance there might be a new special edition to come out and not a new Ego?
Dye R2

AVID Extreme Sports
USAFballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:59 PM #42
jesse370

jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
It probably is, I remember reading that when they decided to stop making new Ego's on a year to year basis it would just be updates that they had been working on when they were ready to roll out.

Its the square body that is curious, maybe they are working on a lighter milling design and they are testing durability and don't want people to see it before they are ready to drop it....OR its a giant joke.
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote