PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-03-2008, 09:33 PM #1
Beast02
Ill have tuna, no crust

has been a member for 10 years
Question sp1 blender?

With the sp1 not having eyes...an having a qloader on there, which can feed very fast when tuned right, would it turn into a paint blender? I know the bolt has the soft touch...but still coming in at a high rate of fire at just the right point could present chops...I read that there is possible chance of a eye upgrade?
i know that the qloader you can adjust the spring tension so that would be a plus..
Beast02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2008, 09:43 PM #2
TheImPgoD
Big Fruit Cup

TheImPgoD is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
I couldn't get the thing to chop once. Shaking it, hitting it when it's firing, etc. I just couldn't.

An eye upgrade (New board and breach) will be available soon, probably in the coming month(s).
______
___

RAINBOW<3
TheImPgoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:47 PM #3
Beast02
Ill have tuna, no crust

thats what i like to hear! thanks!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 PM #4
Focus02

From my own experience, and also proven with the various other videos on the sp site and youtube (Sean putting his tongue in the breach), the SP-1 doesn't chop or break paint.
It seems to be about as good as a well tuned automag level10 bolt. No need for eyes.. The only reason to get a different board IMO is if you want to get a faster rate of fire than what is capable stock.
Focus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:08 AM #5
jeffrey_hartz

Saturday, we had some REALLY CHEAP paint that was not only breaking almost every ball in my son's Ion, but was so brittle that it was breaking in the pods -- and we were not even running fast. Everyone else changed to better paint, while I kept shooting over 800 rounds the "junk" through my SP-1. As far as I know, only I only chopped 1 ball all day, and it may have broken as it came out of my loader (not in the SP-1).

Better yet, when we got home, I had the SP-1 broken-down, cleaned, lubed, and re-assembled in about 5 minutes. It took much longer to wipe down the external rails than it did to clean the internals. No thanks to the mess from the W@lM@rt paint, the Ion took teh better part of an hour to clean/lube/assemble.
jeffrey_hartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:15 AM #6
Holg

That is the reason I got the Vibe. I use cheap paint every once and awhile and I want to be able to fix/maintain my gun easily.
Holg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:17 AM #7
Sean@smartpartswest
Living Legends May 18-20!

Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends III
Sean@smartpartswest is playing at Living Legends V
I do not think it would be an issue. I think the force of the q-loader throwing paint into the breech would be more force than the bolt applying to the ball when firing. I do have a q-loader, but it is not setup yet.

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.cpxsports.com
www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
Sean@smartpartswest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:25 PM #8
Focus02

I've heard that q-loaders that have an extremely short or no hose will sometimes cause the first ball to break when it enters the breach while attaching a new pod.
Focus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:18 PM #9
Beast02
Ill have tuna, no crust

well the qloader sits directly on top there is no hose for the sp1..ill get some pics on friday of mine
Old 03-05-2008, 07:32 PM #10
groo

i just got in from playing with a few friends tonight. we got about a foot of snow today, and it was about -12 out while we were having fun. i did not break a single ball all night. i just bought a warrior bolt and it worked great, i mainly shot 3 round burst, but went full once in a while. not a single break with my halo TSA. cant say the same for the 2 sukkas with BT's though
groo is offline   Reply With Quote