Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-16-2011, 10:21 PM #421
cfos00

has been a member for 10 years
I may already be ahead of you guys on the rounded tube bodies. I have one done already in brass, with the top tube modeled a little after doc's fastback cockers. Working on the bolt now, along with the final durocoat design. The bolt is already laid out (quite a bit different than anything I've seen here, basically a self-contained mag valve's front end) and almost done. The machinist I work with on this stuff, Ty McNeer over on MCB, is working ridiculous real life work shifts but should be done with it soon. I did have a bolt made by a machinist here, and we got about 50 shots out of it before we found out that the design was flawed, basically kicked the living **** out of the body and itself and had to scrap it. Anyway, long story short, yeah you can definitely do a round body for this, or even use brass stock if you like that sorta thing. Which I do.

By the way, New Ion, freakin' awesome job. It's looking great so far, keep up the good work.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2012, 06:48 PM #422
cfos00

Hey, is there any chance that you're still working on this? I'm on my 7th generation of bolt and running into a few problems. Wondered if you ran into them too and if you had figured out a fix. The biggest two issues have been blowback up the feedtube and bolt survive-ability. Any chance that you've run into this stuff?

Last edited by cfos00 : 06-18-2012 at 07:59 PM.
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:38 PM #423
new ion?
Uni Sucks....

unfortunately, I haven't had access to a machine shop for quite some time now. my deal with cs900 got lost in everything...

in short, i havent touched this in a while. wanna pm me with more details? maybe we can work some of this out.
new ion? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:49 PM #424
anthony2714
Tont

anthony2714 plays in the PSP
anthony2714 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
anthony2714 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
anthony2714 plays in the APPA D5 division
Nice

Guns from my favorable teenage years now broke adult shooting a DSR, Bob Long Marq 7 & Vice trilogy, and a KP3 pump

JT flex fanboy

Orlando Savage
anthony2714 is offline   Reply With Quote