Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2010, 03:27 PM #106
Logan09

Logan09 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7usabball View Post
50 cal may get some people into it

but the reason ramping became popular was because it gave an advantage, while 50 actually gives you a disadvantage

and for speedball, well it allowed for quicker games and tournaments, so it made sense to add another type of play

Yeah, but there is a low chance that someone would do that. I think MOST people would realize that could injure someone severely. Of course there would be those couple of immature kids who may do this.

But who knows,bif the fps doesn't get moved up for 50 cal, it won't get popular at all.
Wrong, it became popular because it put everyone on the same level.

XBL-loganovich09
Logan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2010, 12:05 AM #107
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan09 View Post
Wrong, it became popular because it put everyone on the same level.
Not really. There was plenty of options available that would have put everyone "on the same level". Capped semi, mech only, hopper limitations, paint limits. Instead they went with a glorified 3 shot burst. It was an advantage, at least over what most players were using before. If it wasn't an advantage people just wouldn't use it over good old plain semi.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:55 AM #108
b15cu1t

b15cu1t owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
this argument will rage forever,but the biggest thing that people don,t realize is this product is not aimed at current players ,it is aimed at sites.
as it reduces their costs,do sites care wether this stuff flies straight or goes as far NO.
it,s all about how much money they can make and if .50cal gives them a larger profit margin by lowering their opperating costs they will us it.
the sites that will us it are rental sites,not walkon sites or tournies.
most of you guys are looking at this product from an american point of view .
across the world rules and regs are different ,i know in the uk alot of sites cannot let anybody under the age of 12 play due to insurance policies,yet sites that use .50cal can allow players as young as 10 to play due to the lower impact forces.
this is were .50cal makes a difference to site owners in the UK
think of the increased income to a site that can take younger players compared to a site that can,t
a site that i know is running both .50cal and .68cal,they use 50cal for players under 12 and 68 for players over 12.
on average their player turn over as gone up by 100 players a weekend due to being able to offer paintball to under 12,s
so think about it put these figures across the whole of the UK where there about 300 sites all rental,so thats about 30,000 extra players a weekend.
then role it out across the world where some countries have tougher rules than the UK and you have yourself a very large market,so .50cal is here to stay ,now get over it,.68 ain,t going anywhere either
b15cu1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:01 PM #109
Neil42

Well said, getting sick of the whining about 50 cal by a lot of people who probably havent even actually used the caliber...
No one is going to take your precious 68 cal away, nor are they forcing you to buy the new 50 cal...its offered as an option, dont like it, dont buy it...instead of getting on here and whining like a little b****?
I actually do own a nano 50 cal and am very impressed by its accuracy and speed, I actually do use it in speedball games and like it very much, but Im not telling you to get one and sell all your old gear for a percentage of what you paid or that you MUST buy a 50 cal!
About time some people grew up and just accepted the fact that there are some advantages to 50 cal...maybe they dont suit their particular needs or wants but to some, they are important. /end rant

Last edited by Neil42 : 12-23-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Neil42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:43 PM #110
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil42 View Post
Well said, getting sick of the whining about 50 cal by a lot of people who probably havent even actually used the caliber...
No one is going to take your precious 68 cal away, nor are they forcing you to buy the new 50 cal...its offered as an option, dont like it, dont buy it...
On the same level, if you don't like people's opinions, no one is forcing you to read them.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

WTB Action Markers Diadem

Old feedback
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 05:57 PM #111
sithpb
last call for sin

sithpb donated to help Peyton Trent
sithpb supports Team VICIOUS
G.I.'s intial marketing caused most of the hate towards .50 cal.
'paintball 2.0" and the"revolution" are ok but richmond and lasoya both said .50cal would take over. this thread has an interview with richmond making some of his claims https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3275924
he aso claimed paintball would die in two years without his inovation. its been over a year and we still play. they shouldn't have proclaimed to be our savior instead of another option.

Originally Posted by msonic:
Pistol whipped with an ego
Ego frame bends, whip unsuccessful.

Originally Posted by cookie123 :
Maybe I Like It In The ***! Sexist www.aggressivesports.net
sithpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:09 PM #112
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithpb View Post
G.I.'s intial marketing caused most of the hate towards .50 cal.
'paintball 2.0" and the"revolution" are ok but richmond and lasoya both said .50cal would take over. this thread has an interview with richmond making some of his claims https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3275924
he aso claimed paintball would die in two years without his inovation. its been over a year and we still play. they shouldn't have proclaimed to be our savior instead of another option.
Yep, if the initial reboot of .50 by Italia and others had been handled better, feelings would not be so inflamed.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams

Old feedback
Old 12-23-2010, 07:00 PM #113
Neil42

Fair point.....as the 50 caliber itself is quite good, so if say eclipse had introduced it as a cheap alternative you would say it would be better recieved by players in general?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:03 PM #114
Neil42

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
On the same level, if you don't like people's opinions, no one is forcing you to read them.

custar
Agreed....but isnt reading other opinions the whole reason for a forum?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:57 PM #115
sithpb
last call for sin

sithpb donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Fair point.....as the 50 caliber itself is quite good, so if say eclipse had introduced it as a cheap alternative you would say it would be better recieved by players in general?
doesnt matter who pushes it. they should have stuck with cheaper not better. the point is they said it was going to replace and out preform 68.

Originally Posted by msonic:
Pistol whipped with an ego
Ego frame bends, whip unsuccessful.

Originally Posted by cookie123 :
Maybe I Like It In The ***! Sexist www.aggressivesports.net
sithpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:18 PM #116
custar

Quote:
Agreed....but isnt reading other opinions the whole reason for a forum?
It is, but I was posting in response to you posting the following:

Quote:
getting sick of the whining about 50 cal
and

Quote:
...instead of getting on here and whining like a little b****?
and

Quote:
About time some people grew up and just accepted the fact that there are some advantages to 50 cal...

end rant
custar

Samuel Adams

Old feedback
Old 12-27-2010, 02:09 PM #117
Hypnotix_20

Why can't you f'ing cry babies keep an open mind. I'm so sick of hearing everyone complain about how expensive pb is and someone is finally willing to offer a cheaper solution and you try to flush it before you even try it. That is what is wrong with this sport and that is what is wrong with our country. YOU ARE AFRAID OF CHANGE!
Hypnotix_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:15 PM #118
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotix_20 View Post
Why can't you f'ing cry babies keep an open mind. I'm so sick of hearing everyone complain about how expensive pb is and someone is finally willing to offer a cheaper solution and you try to flush it before you even try it. That is what is wrong with this sport and that is what is wrong with our country. YOU ARE AFRAID OF CHANGE!
1. Do you really think that is what is wrong with the sport?

2. How much less expensive do you think this will be for the average rec/woodsball player who plays approximately eight times a year and is the real bread and butter for most field owners?

Samuel Adams

Old feedback
Old 12-28-2010, 01:03 AM #119
Spitlebug
I'm rule 34...

Spitlebug is a Supporting Member
Spitlebug donated to help Peyton Trent
Spitlebug has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Spitlebug is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
This is just completely arrogant.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:14 AM #120
YeloSno
Gen on Facebook

YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
not that hard to pick up high quality paint for under $35 per case in ALL of the U.S. and most of canada. yes. HIGH QUALITY PAINT. not monster balls.

.50 cal will be less cost efficient because you'll end up shooting more to hit your targets [less range, the closer you get, the higher chance of getting out....so what do you do? shoot more hoping 1 of them hits first right? also means more aggressiveness and higher velocities, which means more people avoiding paintball and the sport going into the ground. my theory.
Old 12-28-2010, 08:24 AM #121
b15cu1t

well have read this thread from start to finish (so far) and it seems that two members believe their opinions are more important and the truth than anybody elses
have either of these blokes used this product,i dowt it,so why do they hate on this product so much.
it,s all down to the hype that G.I used in promoting this product ,now how feeble an excuse that is
how many products are sold these days don,t live up to the marketing hype,almost all,so get over it guys use what you want either it be 68 or 50 cal
but let people make their own decisions about a product ,they will either love it or hate it
that,s what a company will live or die by
Old 12-28-2010, 10:56 AM #122
Castro #66
Not a Moderator*

Castro #66 is a Moderator
Castro #66 is a Supporting Member
Castro #66 is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Castro #66 is Legendary
Some of us have been around long enough to remember the handful of big industry projects that were lied about to sell more product... and how those turned out. Unfortunately, the people doing these kinds of things frequently seem to be from a rather small and often close group, but that's neither here nor there.

Hype is hype, and lies are lies. In the end, it comes down to the facts, which in these cases are often blurred or disregarded. Those are the kinds of things "we haters" try to combat in our small way.

Castro #66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:17 AM #123
Yankee Paintball
www.YankeePaintball.com

There are a lot more then those two anyway. They happen to be so good at posting what I feel that I'm inclined to let them. There is nothing new about .50. We used it 20 years ago and it failed then just like it failed now.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:29 AM #124
reshepman
Paintball Pandemic, LLC

reshepman donated to help Peyton Trent
reshepman has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
reshepman has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Well after a hiatus from Pbnation I come back to still see this argument still alive.... In my time gone I had the great pleasure of using a PE ego .50 cal kit.

Now I will preface that I am all in for change that will bring more players to the fields and save us some money without sacraficing quality. Truth is at the current safety standards .50 cal doesn't compete with the current standard of .68 paintball. The basic science doesn't support it when applied at todays safety standards. I highly doubt you will see a industry exception for .50 when it comes to fps for the sole reason as juggling regulations on 2 different standards for 2 different calibers leaves room for mistakes on the players side. Insurance companies are not going to take the risk of a kid trying to shoot a .68 at the fps of a .50 regulation. Don't try and say that a kid will never do that either.

In my experience using the .50 cal kit for an ego I could clearly notice the difference as the shots were dropping off a little bit sooner and were not on par with what I could normally do with a .68 PE ego at the INDUSTRY STANDARD of 300fps. So without wasting my time doing the math on how many more .50 balls it took me to hit the target compared to the .68, I don't care to "jump on the revolution bandwagon of .50".

I think the intent in the beginning may have been good, but the concept has hit the safety standards wall and will fall into place as a niche product waiting on safety standard changes or exceptions that most likely will never come.
I am an advocate for the sport of paintball, not for a company pushing a product line to make money. It's always about money in the end. Its up to us little guys to guide the industry based on what we spend our money on.

So I for one will not be spending my money on any .50 cal products for the sole purpose of I can't afford to. So it seems history is repeating itself for a new generation that was unaware of the history in the first place.

@castro, PTI ftw
reshepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:02 AM #125
b15cu1t

reshepman now your argument is well thought out and educated,on your experience of this product.
this is what everybody should do ,not just ***** about bad marketing and the word of other people ,it,s time people made their own minds up
as for this thread we should all let it die ,as we are keeping this product in peoples minds so if you want it to die don,t keep *****ing about it and don,t buy it.
simple isn,t it
Old 12-29-2010, 06:57 PM #126
Tom Sparkman

Tom Sparkman owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
I tried it for a day and wasn't impressed.

Tom
Tom Sparkman is offline   Reply With Quote