Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2008, 07:31 PM #44
bigfatdanman
**** Obama.

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Yeah, I was also impressed they were able to make the improvements they did to the 09 without any real weight gain too.
elaborate?

My God.
DARQ
bigfatdanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 PM #45
p8ntball@ddict
CT's bestest butt buddy.

p8ntball@ddict is a Moderator
p8ntball@ddict is a Supporting Member
p8ntball@ddict is a PbNation video producer
p8ntball@ddict has perfected Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
p8ntball@ddict is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
p8ntball@ddict supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdanman View Post
elaborate?
Ego8

tldr; provide links.
p8ntball@ddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 PM #46
jonotwist
MORE ENTHUSIASM

jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdanman View Post
the 09 weighs .2 oz more than the 08.

but im sure you knew that .
I knew some company was going to do that when the DM5 came out.
Guns would get lighter year after year. eventually they would get too light and in order to keep the trend going they either ship air in a box (hopefully SP doesn't get any ideas), or go in reverse and add weight back on.

I called it.

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose. Sometimes it's how many pages you add to the rulebook."

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.
jonotwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:35 PM #47
bigfatdanman
**** Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntball@ddict View Post
Ego8

haha. i think im gonna keep it at ego8 indefinitely.

My God.
DARQ
bigfatdanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:24 PM #48
Igotaevo
Payson Hotshots

Igotaevo plays in the PSP
What about ebola? Simon? TI?
Igotaevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:26 AM #49
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a founding member
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! posts videos on PbNation
Auctionjunkie! is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotaevo View Post
What about ebola? Simon? TI?
Ebola is Norweigen, Simon is British and TI is an robot. (Why else would he be up all night and then take care of the kids during the day?)

I'll have to shoot the 09 Ego to see if I'm going to keep it. I really like the way my 08 is setup and no more then I get to play I need everything clicking as best as I can.

Dan
Auctionjunkie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:13 AM #50
Dr. F. Geek

Dan's the man! Love his field, and love his store. (Though he needs more pump parts. )
Dr. F. Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:23 AM #51
chillinspyder2
Rockin' Cocks

Cool.... Nice collection of bio's.
chillinspyder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:28 PM #52
SpyderPB819

SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
This was pretty interesting. I enjoyed reading about you guys and putting faces to the name. You all seem to be pretty accomplished people.
SpyderPB819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:51 PM #53
Conqueror
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Conqueror is a Supporting Member
Conqueror supports Bob Gurnsey
Conqueror supports our troops

Jason Blatt aka Conqueror - I've been moderating PBN since 2001 or 2002, and before that I was a moderator at PaintballCity (the "spiritual predecessor" to PBN) since the late 90s. In real life, I will be finishing medical school in 2010, and I plan on a career in surgery. I'm fluent in Spanish and I'm a community service nut. I played my first game of paintball in 1992 with a Brass Eagle Stingray I. I eventually developed a "thing" for autocockers, as you can see in the above picture. However, the collection has been drastically downsized in recent years, because I also developed a thing for real guns - that's me shooting my silenced Springfield 1911 in the photo. Med school doesn't leave much time for hobbies, so I don't play ball like I used to, but I still love being involved in the PBN community!

Last edited by Conqueror : 11-07-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 01:14 PM #54
denythesilence
Human Energy

denythesilence is a Supporting Member
denythesilence supports Team VICIOUS
denythesilence supports Team VICIOUS
denythesilence supports Bob Gurnsey
denythesilence is Legendary
denythesilence is attending Decay of Nations VI
Adrien Baker aka "denythesilence" - I started playing paintball around 1998/99 I want to say. I played off an on for awhile, then picked it up more seriously in 2004/5. I've traveled all over the US to play paintball--from National and local leagues (NPPL, PSP, XPSL, OSC) to the big scenarios with the PbNation moderating staff. I used to run the CCM Owners website, but currently it's on hiatus for an unknown length of time. In addition to playing paintball, I've also wandered into the photography side of things and had a pretty successful first year with a steady following of teams and peers that support my work. As for my livelihood, I am a self employed contractor for Chevron in the San Joaquin Valley...Bakersfield, CA., basically. I'm an electrical inspector as well as an NDT Technician and all around "go-to" guy for anything technology related in my group. I have an Associates degree, as well as a slew of industry specific credentials. I have a passion for music, the interwebs, technology and frivolous spending.

Adrien

Last edited by denythesilence : 02-02-2012 at 10:09 PM.
denythesilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:32 PM #55
leprechaun8942
The One Man Thrill Ride

leprechaun8942 is a Moderator
leprechaun8942 is playing at Living Legends X
leprechaun8942 supports Team VICIOUS

Last edited by leprechaun8942 : 04-23-2014 at 08:13 PM.
leprechaun8942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 11:01 PM #56
grantis2911
Jeremiah 29:11

Awesome thread. Great to get some faces with the names. Props to you guys for everything you do. *props* << There ya go!
grantis2911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:48 AM #57
Hobbyhorse
Sweep the leg Johnny

Hobbyhorse is a Supporting Member
Hobbyhorse is a founding member
Hobbyhorse supports Bob Gurnsey
Hobbyhorse supports our troops
Pete Hollenhorst aka "Hobbyhorse" - Pete started playing rec ball in 87 where they used a sheet of plywood and shot at it for the sound to determine FPS and if a player should turn his marker down. Alot has changed since that time playing tournament ball since '92, he's played/coached/mentored and worked with several national D2 teams throughout the years. After a tragic accident with unprecedented heat and faulty equipment at a national tournament Pete lost a portion of his hearing and developed a passion for safe macroline products. Pete works in international marketing for a Korean consumer electronics company developing and presenting the products you will see a year and half to two years ahead. Pete and his wife reside in Southern California with a two year old son. He plays locally and nationally currently as his travel schedule allows. Pete's other passions include deep sea fishing where he compete's in the summer months in a reserve fashion for a team in the Oceanside Anglers, Rugby, and Baseball.

"When you are arguing with an idiot on the internet make sure the other person isn't doing the same thing!"

more sunsets in my future than sunrises.

Last edited by John : 11-24-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Hobbyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:06 AM #58
Tigress
Rawr.

Tigress is a Supporting Member
Tigress supports Cereal Killerz 2
Tigress donated to help Peyton Trent
Tigress supports our troops
Toni Hauser, aka "Tigress" - Toni started playing paintball in 2001 after her brother invited her to the spring big game at Paintball Sam's in Racine, WI. For the next two years her playing time consisted of trekking to Racine twice a year. Then, during one big game, Toni had the opportunity to use one of the most gorgeous custom cockers she had ever seen, and it was all downhill from there; she was hooked on speedball. Toni immediately bought an Immortal Viking, which was custom anodized with the help of members from the AKA forum. She joined PBNation in 2003 and spent most of her time in the AKA forum, which led up to an invitation from Dan Voils to join the staff. It's been downhill from there. Toni still plays paintball, but no more than a couple times a year. Her involvement in the paintball community has evolved from playing to working behind-the-scenes. In addition to moderating at PBN, she also started working at events for the APPA this year.

Toni sold her Viking in 2006 in order to pay rent while she took some time off from her job to do hurricane relief work in the Gulf Coast. Seven trips later and she found her niche in life. This past spring she completed the Minneapolis Community Emergency Response Team training, and she is currently finishing up an emergency management degree and is halfway through her Minnesota Emergency Manager certification.

Last edited by John : 11-24-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:26 PM #59
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Supporting Member
jdev is a Paintball photographer

Joseph Devaney aka "jdev" - I started playing paintball when I was 16 years old. I went with my brothers to a field and played a rental game with them, and from there on I was hooked. My first marker was an Automag. It would be a few years of using that before I upgraded myself to an AKA Viking. I have been on PbNation since early 2003, but involved in paintball as a whole for 11 years now. It has been quite some time since I have played tournament paintball as I have given it up for a newly acquired passion which is paintball photography. I have been doing this for the past 2 years now and it has earned me quite the nice sum of change (enough to cover the gear I shoot with). I have been moderating here on PbNation since early 2008 and like so many other great moderators was recommended by Dan. For the upcoming 2009 season I will be lending my knowledge in paintball to the AXBL team Somerville Crisis as one of their coaches and managers. I currently work as an IT consultant which is why you will find me on/around/readily accessible to PbNation nearly every hour of the day (with exception of the few hours of sleep I get at night.)
jdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:49 AM #60
maddawg8018
Hi.

Dan pwnsss

maddawg8018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:58 PM #61
therealmr
\\\\\ i go on walks /////

therealmr is a Moderator
therealmr is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Erik S aka "therealmr" (the-real-mr)

I have been playing paintball on and off since 2003, when I was introduced to it by an old friend. Soon after, I bought myself the marker many of us from back in the day started off with : a Tippmann. It was the response trigger I bought that had me hopping on the forums. I was hooked. Am hooked. Knowing that I might not have time to play in the future, I spent my last ‘high-school-summer’ playing twice a weekend. Time has passed by, jobs started, and college has started taking over my life/money. As expected, I don’t play too much anymore. I still do my best to support the paintball club on campus (you guys rock!). Photography is my main interest, and if you ever see me, chances are it’ll be with a camera and wicked shooting stance.

|above|me in the staging area -> me taking photos in a film -> me photo'ing kiteboarding
|below| recycle me! -> on the field, with a backache, apparently

I want to be remembered for the
people I helped make memorable;
personal success is overrated if it
doesn't help everyone's progress.

Last edited by John : 11-24-2008 at 10:37 AM.
therealmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:38 PM #62
shunut
Respected, period.

Annual Supporting Member
shunut is a Supporting Member
shunut is playing at Living Legends X
shunut owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
shunut is Legendary
Joshua Rose aka shunut

I think the first time I played paintball was 1998. I played at the old Challenge Park in Joliet, IL, with pumps. Despite getting shot point blank and getting a huge bruise, I was hooked. Unfortunately, due to health issues, I can no longer play, but the second I'm able, I'll be back on the field. I've built a couple guns, probably most famous for my Spimmy (pictured below). I joined PbN in 2005, I think to find parts for the Spyder TL-X I was building. I was made a moderator at the beginning of the year and I love this place and the people that I moderate with. When I'm not moderating I'm going to school to learn more about web design and programming. I'm currently taking classes on Flash and ActionScripting. I also love music and try to play guitar, which I've been taking lessons for almost 2 years now.

from right to left: my guitar Ibanez SA260-FM: Me on Navy Pier, Chicago, IL: My Spimmy
shunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:48 AM #63
ionshooter93
✈ ✈ ✈

ionshooter93 is a Paintball photographer
Great Thread!
ionshooter93 is offline   Reply With Quote