has been a member for 10 years
Ion103 is an NCPA National Champion
Ion103 plays in the APPA D3 division
Ion103 is All In
2011-12 Midwest North AA Conference Schedule Thread

Final thread HERE

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3652769
Edge Paintball Field Janesville WI - KEE/EMPIRE

Last edited by Ion103 : 08-01-2011 at 06:24 PM.
Ion103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-15-2011, 02:58 PM #2
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

eforcegtid00d plays in the PSP
eforcegtid00d owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey Martin, if you hold any events at CLP, landz, or Pekin, I think I may be able to get a line or two out there for Purdue.
eforcegtid00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:06 PM #3
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by eforcegtid00d View Post
Hey Martin, if you hold any events at CLP, landz, or Pekin, I think I may be able to get a line or two out there for Purdue.
Thats what I am hoping for. To include and attract more Illinios/Indiana/Mizz/Iowa teams.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:25 PM #4
SnakesideStalker20
Killer 4 Hire

SnakesideStalker20 plays in the PSP
SnakesideStalker20 is an NCPA player
SnakesideStalker20 plays in the APPA D4 division
SnakesideStalker20 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion103 View Post
Thats what I am hoping for. To include and attract more Illinios/Indiana/Mizz/Iowa teams.
I'm all for expanding our conference participation numbers however doing this runs the risk of good teams i.e. mankato, minnesota (what's the word on them btw), and stout not showing up so teams like bradley university which is 10 minutes from pekin can attend. Nothing against bradley but I don't want to force out the teams we already have to bring in new ones, that's just bad business. I think many on here will agree that the MWN is one of the highest caliber conferences as judged by past nationals finishes. I just don't want to sacrifice our extremely competitive conference so illinois teams can play the only tourney we hold in their state. Maybe I'm wrong and ill state, u of I, and eiu would come back but I did want to bring this to everyone's attention.

University of Wisconsin Platteville Paintball
SnakesideStalker20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 PM #5
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 is All In
From Minneapolis to Pekin or Chicagoland would be 7.5 hour drive. Thats 2 more hour drive than Siege. Yes it may not be fair to them that they have to drive an extra 2 hours, but its not fair to NIU, Eiu, WIU, Bradley, Purdue, U of I, that they cant play in the NCPA just because the Minnesota teams dont want to drive an extra 2 hours.

So we must host an Ill event. Plus there are more fields down there so we can host events and the best fields possible.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:13 PM #6
SnakesideStalker20
Killer 4 Hire

Quote:
From Minneapolis to Pekin or Chicagoland would be 7.5 hour drive. Thats 2 more hour drive than Siege. Yes it may not be fair to them that they have to drive an extra 2 hours, but its not fair to NIU, Eiu, WIU, Bradley, Purdue, U of I, that they cant play in the NCPA just because the Minnesota teams dont want to drive an extra 2 hours.

So we must host an Ill event. Plus there are more fields down there so we can host events and the best fields possible.
Those teams you just mentioned are already not showing up at PE or siege when we held events there...that's a three to four hour drive for them...less than those minnesota teams are already traveling

You are the mwn director and you can do what you want and plan the events as you please.

I just want you to know this is a mistake. If illinois teams want to have a short drive they should be willing to make the long ones too. Give them a chance to earn it lets say three illinois teams show up to two events this year then they host one next year. Even four teams at one and two at another.

Also, doing this hurts our numbers this way. Say we gain four schools and purdue brings two but the two teams stout minnesota and mankato each consistently field are out and stevens point prolly won't make the six hour drive. That means we have a one team deficit. That's if that many new teams show up.

But that's fine lets reward teams that have not contributed to our conference in three years because we must hold an event there.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:47 PM #7
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakesideStalker20 View Post
Those teams you just mentioned are already not showing up at PE or siege when we held events there...that's a three to four hour drive for them...less than those minnesota teams are already traveling

You are the mwn director and you can do what you want and plan the events as you please.

I just want you to know this is a mistake. If illinois teams want to have a short drive they should be willing to make the long ones too. Give them a chance to earn it lets say three illinois teams show up to two events this year then they host one next year. Even four teams at one and two at another.

Also, doing this hurts our numbers this way. Say we gain four schools and purdue brings two but the two teams stout minnesota and mankato each consistently field are out and stevens point prolly won't make the six hour drive. That means we have a one team deficit. That's if that many new teams show up.

But that's fine lets reward teams that have not contributed to our conference in three years because we must hold an event there.
I see what youre saying and I agree to some extent. They havnt shown much commitment and it would be nice. But Id like to host atleast 1 event there. Not saying all the events will be hosted there. But it would be nice to have atleast one. Maybe if they played a tournament in our conference they would be more likely to show up to the others.

But its just 1 event. Minnesota teams can either come or not. If they dont then thier absence will be made up by the attending Illinios teams.

UWW drives 6.5 hours to Air Assult and Xphere every year. So Point and Stout cant and probably wouldnt say anything if they had to drive 6.5 hours. Its paintball, travelling is a must. If teams dont show up because they have to drive 2 more hours then they have big committment problems. The conference must be expanded to include all schools. MWN is missing out on all the great competition that Illinos area has to offer not to mention the great fields there.

Its just 1 event in Illinios. Its not the whole season. I try to spread them out at evenly as possible. Minnesota has consistently hosted 2 events a year, as has Wisconsin. So if Minn or Wis has to lose an event then so be it. Its worth it so other teams that dont have a conference can have one in thier home state.

Edit:Sorry to Minn schools, not trying to bash you in anyway, but its not fair to Illinios schools that they have no conference. If any Minn schools have a HUGE problem with having an event taken away so that Ill can have an event please PM me.

AGAIN...Its just 1 event.

Last edited by Ion103 : 07-15-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:22 PM #8
SnakesideStalker20
Killer 4 Hire

UWW also drives a half hour to siege and an hour and a half to commando not trying to make a huge deal out of it but that's about the same as u of minnesota drive to AA and xsphere. My point is that minnesota and uww and milwaukee are on the outer borders of our conference and they consistently show up now we are extending that south and I feel its unfair to minnesota a top team in our conference for the last three or four years. I still say we give the teams a probationary period so they can deserve a tourney in their state. Also when was the last time an ncpa class aa tourney was held in illinois that wasn't an mict?

Old 07-15-2011, 08:35 PM #9
dymium
Joe R.

dymium is a Supporting Member
dymium plays in the PSP
dymium is an NCPA player
dymium plays in the APPA D4 division
How about a 5-event season instead of four?

You can then hold two events at the edges of the conference (AA and Pekin/Chicagoland/whatever) and give everyone an ample opportunity to show up and play throughout the season. Those that don't want to drive from one end to the other will be replaced by those that have to drive 2 hours or less.

I know the Midwest Great Lakes guys were talking about having an event in the greater IL area; perhaps a winter event at Chicagoland would serve as a throwback to MICT's of old, where we can pull teams in from all over the midwest.

Joe
dymium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:00 PM #10
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymium View Post
How about a 5-event season instead of four?

You can then hold two events at the edges of the conference (AA and Pekin/Chicagoland/whatever) and give everyone an ample opportunity to show up and play throughout the season. Those that don't want to drive from one end to the other will be replaced by those that have to drive 2 hours or less.

I know the Midwest Great Lakes guys were talking about having an event in the greater IL area; perhaps a winter event at Chicagoland would serve as a throwback to MICT's of old, where we can pull teams in from all over the midwest.

Joe
5 tournaments will be to much entry fees. Teams couldnt afford that. And if they cant afford that then they will have to pick and choose which to go to. That will cause low turnouts for each tournament because teams will have to miss a tournament to save funding for nationals. Id like to do 5 but its just go much money. I say we stick with 4. Theres nothing wrong with having an event in Ill. Minn can suck it up for 1 event.

OH and BTW its a 3 hour drive to Commando for us.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:17 PM #11
pbfreak_87

pbfreak_87 is a Professional paintball player
pbfreak_87 supports Empire
pbfreak_87 is All In
pbfreak_87 is All In
I actually think a tournament in northern Illinois would be good. I feel that a lot more teams should just suck it up and drive to the events.

I like Joe's idea of having 5 events so that you can include other teams but that does take away funding from teams and then reduces turnout because teams choose this one or that one instead of all of them. It could potentially make for 3 very small events. I would stick to 4 events and I don't think that one in Illinois would be bad. I agree that Illinois teams should be more willing to drive to events but it wouldn't hurt to put one event down there to attract more teams or newer teams. I mean the other teams would only have to drive a little extra for one event not all of them. I mean where do you make the cutoff on what too far of a drive is. Mich Tech always had a forever drive to play a lot of the events. Its called dedication.
Old 07-16-2011, 03:19 PM #12
pbfreak_87

pbfreak_87 is a Professional paintball player
pbfreak_87 supports Empire
pbfreak_87 is All In
pbfreak_87 is All In
Also...can I play? lol

even just one event?
I'd play for line 3 or 4?
hahahah....I wish
Old 07-16-2011, 03:35 PM #13
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

Quote:
5 tournaments will be to much entry fees. Teams couldnt afford that. And if they cant afford that then they will have to pick and choose which to go to. That will cause low turnouts for each tournament because teams will have to miss a tournament to save funding for nationals. Id like to do 5 but its just go much money. I say we stick with 4. Theres nothing wrong with having an event in Ill. Minn can suck it up for 1 event.

OH and BTW its a 3 hour drive to Commando for us.
Take the 4 highest event scores. That way if a team cannot make it to the IL event, they won't be hurt in the standings.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:52 PM #14
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 is All In
We kinda already do that. Its just with 5 tournaments its going to reduce attendence and id much rather Play in 4 tournaments with 15-20 teams than 5 tournaments with only 10-15 teams
Old 07-16-2011, 06:57 PM #15
RLfan89

RLfan89 plays in the PSP
RLfan89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RLfan89 is an NCPA player
RLfan89 plays in the APPA D4 division
No Illinois tourny. Nothing against any of those teams, but i think until one of the starts playing in our division consistently we should keep it with the majority of the teams, Minnesota and wisconsin. I would be down for a UP tourney or a Iowa tourney since they have been around forever. But otherwise lets reward the teams that actively participant. And this is coming from a team that would benefit from a Illinois tourney (atleast by distance). Thats my two cents. But i cant wait to see you guys in a month or so. Lets keep this the toughest and best division in all of college.
RLfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:11 PM #16
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 is All In
I agree with you erik to somw extent. Id like to see more commitment out of them too.

Id like to do an event at pekin. Its only an hour from iowa. And the iowa teams always have had a long drive. Thats why i like commando event because its the shortest drive for mich tech
Old 07-16-2011, 10:42 PM #17
eforcegtid00d
factorypb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakesideStalker20 View Post

You've got a good point but he's trying to put on an event that includes teams that don't get to play as much. When I said that I could probably get a line or two out to an Illinois event, that wasn't an expectation or a demand - just a heads up that we're interested if it's close enough.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:38 PM #18
OutlawsPB22
Sundae.. I mean Sunday..

OutlawsPB22 supports Team VICIOUS
OutlawsPB22 is an NCPA player
OutlawsPB22 plays in the APPA D5 division
OutlawsPB22 supports DLX Technology
I know Missouri S&T will be looking for events to go to this year because we are kind of stuck in the middle. Last year we played in Mississippi, Arkansas, and Indiana. Our event got canceled due to low numbers. Hopefully if there is an event in Illinois this year we will be up for it cause Illinois is a lot closer than Mississippi and Indiana.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:13 AM #19
REDZwolfpack

REDZwolfpack plays in the APPA D4 division
niu has been contributing to the mwn when possible, we would love to attend more but funds from the univ. and players have been diminishing for the past few years. 19 total lines put in for past 3 years most of which have been in wi. area

i think the 5 tournys a year might be good. i mean its not like every school has to attend every tourny. that way its gives the schools more options to pick and choose which they should go to. (as long as theyre planned ahead of time).

and rlfan, niu has been around since '03, which im pretty sure is before a lot of schools mwn teams today, looking at some of the appa tourneys around 03-05

i also agree with some of you to some extent about il schools not contributing as much. but you gotta look at the big picture, this year there's gonna be more schools it seems competing. niu will prbly be good for a line at 3 events due to funds, hopefully these teams can put in a line: WIU, bradley, augustana, hopefully u of i rebuilds, isu, iowa, purdue, missouri teams.

overall, i dont think it would kill to have 1 tourny in il. hopefully it will jumpstart some of the il, iowa, in, teams. and if its a crappy turnout then don't try it again.
REDZwolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:24 PM #20
Alex_KILA_Products
KILA 4 LIFE

Alex_KILA_Products works for a Paintball manufacturer
Alex_KILA_Products plays in the PSP
Alex_KILA_Products donated to help Peyton Trent
Alex_KILA_Products supports Team VICIOUS
Alex_KILA_Products is an NCPA player
Ok, its a long shot, but there is a field in Sioux Falls, SD called Crossfire Paintball. They will have a full size Xball field with all the correct bunkers as far as I know (I will keep you posted).

Just thought I would post up and give the option.
Alex_KILA_Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:46 PM #21
Ion103
SEMPER VIC

Ion103 is All In
Thanks for the option. Ill look a into it