PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2003, 03:00 PM #22
2advanced

2advanced is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
yEssss, this pwns. Now my marker will shoot farther than a cocker and flatter too.
2advanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2003, 03:08 PM #23
marcis

Does the speed really come with an Eye?????????

Finally WDP made a gun with out all the expesive bull**** that nobodys uses!!!!!!!!!!!
marcis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 03:19 PM #24
SCM

SCM is a founding member
Who cares that the board now limits you to 30 instead of 20? No one can shoot 20 anyway. They could have limited the board to 2000000 a sec, it doesn't matter.

<<Zero downtime in 1 year. That's reliable>>

So, I had my LCD angel for 3 years without a single problem. I've had my IR3 for 8 months without it ever not working perfect at the field.
SCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 03:20 PM #25
kameleon

I have never liked
angels before but this one is ****ing pimp
kameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 03:30 PM #26
marcis

Does the speed really come with an Eye?????????

Finally WDP made a gun with out all the expesive bull**** that nobodys uses!!!!!!!!!!!
marcis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 03:39 PM #27
CpCnCir3

you have no idea how bad i want that gun. the only thing stopping me from putting my ir3 up for sale is the rumored ir4 which is going to be their flagship gun. there was supposed to be 2 new guns remember?? not just the speed. also the speed is INCREDIBLY ugly in these pictures. i will definitely have to see it in real life incase i change my mind. it doesnt look like it has real milling. just engraving like all the new matrixes coming out. so id have to see in real life to judge it. also, that trigger is probably the worst thing i have seen. i hate being one to flame, especially on a wdp product but it is. but i bet it performs great for them to choose that style. i wonder if this gun will somehow be easy to shoot 20bps with.... if not then who cares if it can shoot up to 30. either way i buying it for its pure functionality.

Last edited by CpCnCir3 : 04-07-2003 at 03:41 PM.
CpCnCir3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 03:42 PM #28
Chondro

No eye. Instead it has LDS which supposedly senses the pressure of the balls pushing down into the breech and increases rof accordingly to keep up. My question is what happens if you're not using a force feed style loader, will it default to a lower rof or can you set the rof?

Sitll undecided
Chondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 03:44 PM #29
Rifter

the "engraving" type milling is probably due to the walls of the gun being too thin......hence the fact its supposedly pretty light.
A very worth while trade off imo, and id still take it over the ir3 any day.
Rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 04:32 PM #30
triggerhappy

Sounds good, but I wanna see this thing in action first.
triggerhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 04:38 PM #31
Ov3rmind

I <3 it! Just not a fan of the milling or how thin the trigger gets, but that wouldn't stop me from buying one.
Ov3rmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 06:41 PM #32
ditangquan
absinthe

ditangquan is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SCM
[b]Who cares that the board now limits you to 30 instead of 20? No one can shoot 20 anyway. They could have limited the board to 2000000 a sec, it doesn't matter.
Umm, yes it does. Think of a second in time slices. Lets say you have your ROF (rate of fire) set to 10 bps (balls per second). that means you have 10 time slots in 1 second to trigger a shot. if you pull 15 times in that second you will get 10 shots.

Alternatively if you raise your ROF to 30bps, you now have 30 chances per second to shoot paint. Pull 15 times in 1 second at 30 bps and you are gonna (most likely) hit 15bps. Sure beats the ROF of 10. The more slices of time you have to actuate the board the better off you are when pulling / fanning / doubling the trigger.
ditangquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 06:48 PM #33
pb-afroman
Once there was The People

I think I will get one, but you never know. If the new IR4 is that nice I may get one of those, and I still like timmies...
Old 04-07-2003, 08:07 PM #34
J@Y

everyone is saying eye or no eye.. well look at the board it has 4 outputs just like the ir3 board. all they could be is
1)battery
2)14 way
3) hopper
4) eye?
J@Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 08:16 PM #35
paintballpark187
Burninating you up.

paintballpark187 is a Supporting Member
paintballpark187 is BST Trusted
The milling is hideous.. The trigger looks gross.

I dont like it
Old 04-07-2003, 08:39 PM #36
JTp8ntballer12
im the gingerbread man

but i cant beat the price...on angels..
JTp8ntballer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 09:06 PM #37
paintballphreak1

i kind of like the milling, but the trigger is god awful. if i weren't about to get a good deal on a 2k lcd, i'd wait for this.
paintballphreak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 09:49 PM #38
genxfreak3
Any Given Sunday

genxfreak3 is a Supporting Member
from what i have heard this is the only new gun coming out by wdp right now. just what i have heard. the only thing i could think would be wrong in this is faulty parts. if wdp is comparing all the good of this gun to the good of another gun then obviously is gonna work somewhat better. maybe not as well as some will think but better. if the gun was optional in lcd and led it might get more attention. i like the idea of led but if i am having an angel i would want an lcd. thats half the fun cause of all the features. i like to no tempature and stupid stuff like that. maybe i wanna chat with my friends through my gun cause im too lazy to talk
just playing. gun looks sick. maybe with a different trigger i might buy one. good job by WDP

EastKoastFinest
genxfreak3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 10:17 PM #39
Jtek
FUELED by Paint !

Jtek is a founding member
Smile My 2k3 LCD comes tomorrow...So

I will wait a while to get the Speed Angel - to make sure they have got all the bugs worked out, looks like a good deal overall though. It will be very competitive ( in price ) with the other high end guns out there. ( Intimidator, Matrix, etc. ) Now all WDP has to do is get a back-lit LCD, and Dove-tail mount on their A.I.R systems

paintballpark187 -

Since when does milling, and trigger looks matter !? I mean really...

Last edited by Jtek : 04-07-2003 at 10:20 PM.
Jtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 11:01 PM #40
bsboy2004

wtf 30?

Ok wtf. Be realistic here. there is no point in making a gun that can shoot 30bps. no ones fingers can move that fast. Most pros can get to around 20 or so, but 30 lets be practical. Pball field restrict the rate of fire half the time too. why not make a gun that can go 20 all the time shoots perfect, and it cheaper than 900 bucks. "get rid of the computer **** and get down to the paintball. "
bsboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 11:12 PM #41
Ov3rmind

Re: wtf 30?

Quote:
Originally posted by bsboy2004
Ok wtf. Be realistic here. there is no point in making a gun that can shoot 30bps. no ones fingers can move that fast. Most pros can get to around 20 or so, but 30 lets be practical. Pball field restrict the rate of fire half the time too. why not make a gun that can go 20 all the time shoots perfect, and it cheaper than 900 bucks. "get rid of the computer **** and get down to the paintball. "
I really don't think a slower board would make the gun cost that much less. Who cares if it can go 30, I see that as neither advantageous nor disadvantageous.
Ov3rmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:52 AM #42
jimp
sucks

http://www.paintcheck.com

speed aka the ir4