Exclamation 2012 Reflex Rail

Anyone shot one?
What did you think of it?
steveo540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 PM #2
Washington Reign

I just picked one up actually. Haven't had a chance to put paint through it yet but so far I really like it. Then again it's my first spoolie.
Washington Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 PM #3
mattneel07
spark it

mattneel07 plays in the APPA D4 division
It's the same gun with a different asa and trigger
mattneel07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:07 PM #4
bdell1073

have a 2012 pga eagle dust.first shot over the chrono it shot 290. set it to 280, in two days,two cases, still shoots +/- 4fps of 280.did not have one ball break. you can't go wrong with this gun.
bdell1073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:59 PM #5
steveo540

steveo540 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
steveo540 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattneel07 View Post
It's the same gun with a different asa and trigger
thanks for that valuable info
Old 01-12-2012, 03:00 PM #6
steveo540

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdell1073 View Post
have a 2012 pga eagle dust.first shot over the chrono it shot 290. set it to 280, in two days,two cases, still shoots +/- 4fps of 280.did not have one ball break. you can't go wrong with this gun.
thats what im lookin for thanks for the response man
Old 01-14-2012, 08:32 AM #7
Sullypants

Sullypants is playing at Living Legends VII
Sullypants owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I just got the 2012 PGA dyecam reflex and I absolutely live it. Almost no kick on it and pretty consistent velocity from shot to shot. Very comfortable in hand, I'm loving the hour glass trigger frame.
Sullypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:18 PM #8
steveo540

Nice...Im hearing nothing but good things about this gun, so I got one shipping on Tuesday
Old 01-14-2012, 06:50 PM #9
Washington Reign

I just got a chance to test mine out today! in 30 degree weather I had to turn it up 1/4 of turn and it shot consistantly 280 over the chrono, no broken paint, damn accurate, super quiet, wasn't nearly as bad on air as I thought. I really like the gun so far, the feed neck seems to be catered to rotors which is a plus if you own one but if not I have a feeling your loader may not fit well. There's a tiny bit of kick but it felt like my Ego 11 slowed all the way down so it wasn't bad but it was there for sure. My only real complaint is the trigger is just hard for me to walk and get into a rythm shooting. Otherwise it's a solid marker well work every penny I've paid for it so far.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:43 PM #10
Feloniousnick

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washington Reign View Post
I just got a chance to test mine out today! in 30 degree weather I had to turn it up 1/4 of turn and it shot consistantly 280 over the chrono, no broken paint, damn accurate, super quiet, wasn't nearly as bad on air as I thought. I really like the gun so far, the feed neck seems to be catered to rotors which is a plus if you own one but if not I have a feeling your loader may not fit well. There's a tiny bit of kick but it felt like my Ego 11 slowed all the way down so it wasn't bad but it was there for sure. My only real complaint is the trigger is just hard for me to walk and get into a rythm shooting. Otherwise it's a solid marker well work every penny I've paid for it so far.
If you are going from an ego11 to the reflex, the trigger will be odd to walk for a while because the UL frame has a fitted to the hand feel, so it takes a little getting used to.
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:03 PM #11
Washington Reign

Yeah I guess that could be it, the trigger just feels a little stiff to me though, I repositioned the trigger so it was more vertical for me too but it still feels foreign.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:29 AM #12
Feloniousnick

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D4 division
It probably will need some adjusting.
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:32 PM #13
Washington Reign

I was thinking about picking up another trigger and giving it a spin, the spring set up is really funky I wonder why they did it like that, it's like they finished the whole gun and said wow this is a great marker then someone said crap the trigger and someone just threw a spring in there.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:48 PM #14
steveo540

Idk what you mean the trigger on mine is great
Old 01-22-2012, 10:31 AM #15
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Ravenstylea2 supports Ninja Paintball
I used to have an 09 PMR. I know the new Reflex 2012's have a different trigger. How is it????? I am thinking about selling one of my guns, a Mint condition dust purple Mini with a Violent trigger for money towards a Reflex. But I am wondering about that trigger. Any one have some input?
Ravenstylea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:39 AM #16
D1PP1N

D1PP1N has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D1PP1N has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D1PP1N supports DLX Technology
I picked up last years model at a killer price, upgraded the trigger and put the etha style on/off asa on mine (was just much cheaper than dye airport). I recommend taking the spring out of the back of the trigger that rests on micro-switch. Make sure the trigger is adjusted to not move much further then the microswitch activiation point so you don't put too much stress on the metal lever. You definately don't want the lever to move past flush. Once that spring is out your can really rail the trigger.

I bought it for a rainy day / bring a friend to borrow it gun but i'm pretty damn impressed with the gun compared to what I used to shooting. You get like 80% of the nt/dm qualities for less than half the price. It's a tad heavier than my Nt10 was.The only thing I really missed was the sticky tool-less grips. Other wise I really happy. I would recommend this 2012 model over the etek3's and axe. I'm going to get alot of flak for that statement but the reflex rail is much more consistent than the axe and nearly as quiet. Ergonomics are way better than the axe, the axe has sharp edges on trigger frame which dig into your hand. I can't get over the half moon grip on the axe I makes me aim too low lol.
D1PP1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:44 PM #17
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Ravenstylea2 supports Ninja Paintball
I used to have the Axe. It was a solid gun, but I like the low operating pressure of the Rail (145psi vs. 180psi). Makes a difference in smoothness. Even when I had the lurker bolt in the Axe it was running 165psi. I just wish the Proto was more efficient, but I have a g6r for that. the new 12 Reflex Rails are gorgeous though.
Ravenstylea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:41 AM #18
steveo540

the reach trigger is one of the nicest triggers I have ever felt
Old 02-01-2012, 07:13 PM #19
exodusattack137

Personal experience was way worse than any I've read on here so I'm glad to see its working for everyone else, Right out of the box mine was shredding paint and leaking from behind the trigger area. Got that fixed, but it still consistently chops paint.
exodusattack137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:14 PM #20
Washington Reign

How can it chop paint unless your eyes are turned off? do you mean you're breaking paint? if so that's not always the markers fault. I've put 3 cases of paint through mine now in 20 degree weather and not a single broken ball even shooting Draxxus gold and other brittle paint. I have of coure turned the tension down on my rotor so it would stop cracking paint though.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:11 AM #21
rkenders
Northern Colorado

I like the 2011 trigger better. I guess I'm just used to my 2010 PMR which has the same trigger. I can rip on it better than the 2012 trigger. I'm not much of a fan of cam style ASA's either so the 2012's don't really jump out at me as there is nothing else different between the 2011 and 2012 that I am aware of.

On a side note. I know several people with 2011 Reflexes and they all have blown their solenoids by adjusting the reg too much or having it set too high. I suggest that anyone who services their regulator, put it on a pressure tester and set it to 100 psi BEFORE putting it back on the gun. Then chrono the gun. Adjust the regulator up in 1/16th turns. 1 full turn is a lot of pressure change and may be too much.