PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 03:54 PM #22
britt89

britt89 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Our pleasure. Today was an awesome turnout thanks to all who came out this weekend.
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2006, 04:34 PM #23
Captain Save a Ho

That's very good to hear, I understand the air thing with the reballs not being outside the net. As of right now, it's difficult to place air anywhere else in the building due to the fact the electricity cannot support it, and 5000 psi hose is costly and sold by the foot. We're working on some solutions.

Legend and a few other local players tested our ability to turn over reballs as fast as the washer could spit em out today. We apreciate the patients and hope days like this will help us handle groups to come in the winter months. Also thanks to Legend for letting the newer players play, I saw a few pointers given and that was nice. Even if you don't work here, you represented the field very well. They talked about "when" they were comming back... not if, and that's exactly what we need to make this thing grow. Props to all who participated this weekend!
Old 09-17-2006, 04:54 PM #24
Devildog050

Devildog050 is a Professional paintball player
Devildog050 plays in the USPL
Devildog050 plays in the APPA D3 division
Yeah thanks guy's it was a great day. We all had a blast Legend will be back for sure. I'm so glad I don't have to drive. It was not a big deal about the balls that's when we just chilled for a bit. Nothing but good things to say from all of us.
www.teamlegend.com
www.Konektapparel.com
www.empirepaintball.com
www.mvpaintball.com
Old 09-17-2006, 06:10 PM #25
TeamLegend
Swift, Silent, & Deadly

TeamLegend is a Professional paintball player
TeamLegend plays in the USPL
TeamLegend donated to help Peyton Trent
Personally, I didn't know what to expect. I had never played reball before, but today was awesome!!! Great set up & games turned very fast. It was a blast. This is going to help our team so much, as there will be no down time over the winter months. We should be scary good by HB next spring.

Thanks for your compliments in the above post. Good to be around some straight up people. Thanks again for today.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:46 PM #26
outlawst
Bill

outlawst plays in the PSP
outlawst owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
outlawst supports Team VICIOUS
outlawst plays in the APPA D5 division
Sounds great...

if you can give people a heads up on when your gonna stop by and play that would be great. Would really enjoy every opportunity to be able to practice againest a team of your caliper. I have had the priveliage to play againest Pat, Josh, Cliff a few weeks back before San Diego.
Later, Bill
~GI Sportz Trade my Gun Paintball Plex HK~ Bill Ash #3
Old 09-17-2006, 08:57 PM #27
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

TriggaHappyKid is a Supporting Member
Yes, today was a great day. I enjoyed playing at Coegarts as always. It was also nice to get to play against/with Legend.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:39 PM #28
britt89

britt89 is a Supporting Member
We've been getting a lot of questions on when the best day to come for teams is. Me and Brian discussed this a little bit, but how many teams would be interested if we designated like 1-2 days a month strictly to team play where you must show up as a team and play as a team throughout the day?
Old 09-17-2006, 10:44 PM #29
brasseagleblade101

over the winter i think that would be an excellent idea- i know a lot of guys (on our team and off) who don't look forward to the lack of play during the winter months.

this would help everybody keep it together during the off season and also give people the ability to scrimmage against other teams in a non-competitive enviroment.

excellent idea- I am all for it
Old 09-18-2006, 10:38 PM #30
outlawst
Bill

Great idea...

I presented it for discussion with Team Karnage and I will post there thoughts when able. Perhaps if I can get ahold of Pat he can bring it up for discussion within his organization, Legend. Any other teams that would be interested in a TEAM practice? My thoughts would be a minimum of participants such as 4-5 would constitute a team so there would be at least 5 on 5 scenerios, a discount such as 15-20 a person with a 5 person minimum. Perhaps a round robin practice where it would be competitive but still be an environment where teams can learn from each other.To attract competitve teams if will have to be worth the investment of time/travel/Finances/efforts.
As always thoughts/comments welcome, Bill
Old 09-18-2006, 11:22 PM #31
b2koneballer

my team is game...
Old 09-18-2006, 11:52 PM #32
Captain Save a Ho

Luke and I will decide soon, but for everyone's knowledge, Thursday from 4-10pm, only the Pro Shop will be open until further notice. If you would like to play that day of the week, call ahead and let us know so we can have the staff on hand to make sure your expierience is enjoyable.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:16 AM #33
TeamLegend
Swift, Silent, & Deadly

TeamLegend is a Professional paintball player
TeamLegend plays in the USPL
TeamLegend donated to help Peyton Trent
Legend is in no problem. Set dates each month?? In our case, set dates are Ok except for the two weekends prior to any major tournament. We wouldn't be there, but that shouldn't affect anything.

Sundays are best for us, lots of us work on Saturdays. For example, Chicagoland (Evils field) runs team practices Sundays from 8 to 12. Then they open it up for open play after. They also control what teams are coming, an invitation type thing. They make sure the best teams will be there, otherwise the best teams will stop coming. They help us. We help them. Just an idea.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:25 AM #34
outlawst
Bill

Team Practice...

responses have been positive from 3 organizations requesting to participate. This is what I'm hearing so far.
1. 8 hr sessions on either Sat/Sun, preferably Sun. Needs to be long enough to invest time/expenses to travel. Also needs to be every other weekend lets say 1st and 3rd Sat/Sun of the month or 2nd and 4th Sat/Sun of the month for planning purposes. It's difficult getting 8 people together to go play when 2-3 hrs of travel are necessary. Schedule needs to be consistent.
2. Cost 20 per player or a team of 6 or more 100, because only 5 can play per break when most teams have 8 or more players.
3. "Free agent" sign up sheet. Theres alot of 3 man teams that would like to play, therefore 5 man games you could have lets say 2 3 man teams participate as 1 team. This would support meeting others and individuals showing up wanting to play at this level but haven't been picked up by anyone. Also lets say 1team has 8 players instead of 3 sitting they could pick up 2 Free Agents and participate as 2 teams.
As always thoughts/comments welcome, Ill post more when I receive them, Bill
Old 09-19-2006, 04:03 PM #35
brasseagleblade101

Excellent thoughts and ideas. I would just like to throw a few ideas out there for possible consideration.

Possibly membership packages for teams/individuals over the winter months to encourage frequent trips? IE- Play three sessions, get your fourth 1/2 off. Buy a pass for five sessions and recieve $10 store credit...the possibilities are endless.

I love the idea of team practice days. I will run it by Evil Empire at the KW tournament we are reffing this weekend.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2006, 04:12 PM #36
TRod

This all sounds good in theory...... but I don't see why a 3 man team should be penalized or left out if they only do 3 man tournies.... not alot of 5 man teams in the area(immediate area anyway). Now... if this is a 5 man team practice only... than that idea is shot.... but if you say team practice for teams only, than should be open to 3 man format as well. I know alot of 3 man teams in the Quad Cities have been asking about this. I personally would be in for 5 man... but someone needs to speak up for 3 man teams as well.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:41 PM #37
haywoodeee
really a 2k4er

haywoodeee owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
haywoodeee plays in the APPA beginner division
maybe keep the price down and do rotation between formats? like have a few games of 3 man then have them sit out and watch while 5 man has a few games or something. or maybe you could break the day down and have a time for 3 man teams and a time for 5 man or something of the like.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:25 PM #38
outlawst
Bill

I agree...

the team Practice scenerio should not penalize the smaller teams such as a 3 man roster. There is definately more 3 man rostered teams in the area then there are 5/7 man rosters. The majority of interested parties in participating in a team practice, especially over the winter, are the squads playing PSP/NPPL events at Chicago, vegas, Cup. This practice will be the perfect opportunity for the local 3 man squads to step up there efforts and take the next step and prepare for these particular events such as Chicago and at the same time meet with other teams with the same interest perhaps combining 2 efforts into one squad. All the while practicing againest established teams such as Legend, Karnage, Etc so you can gage the level of competition needed to compete at these levels.
The idea behind 5/7 man would be maximum participation per game, better grasp of an actual game scenerio, IE more paint in the air, at the next level. Games would flow better, quicker.
But of course if only four 3 man squads show up for a scheduled practice then the issue of 5/7 man games is pointless. This proposed scenerio will only be successful if people show up and support it. If theres not enough support of the center then it to will go to the wayside like so many other facilities and everyone will be forced to either quit playing all together or go elsewhere and pay riduclious field fees, Buy overpriced field paint, to play. I personally love ripping a marker on PSP mode and not have to worry about a paint bill afterwards. I'm a firm believer in practicing the way your gonna play at an event, you can't do that if your worried about running out of paint halfway thru the day and you have a half a bag of paint left. Lets support this effort and come out and participate otherwise we will have no where to go play, I know I travel 90 miles each way everyweek to play because of the lack of quality facilities in the area.
Thought/comments, Bill
Old 09-19-2006, 05:40 PM #39
brasseagleblade101

outlawst- couldn't agree more. Evil Empire generally sends two five man squads to tournies, or plays Xball with a ten man roster. After footing my portion of the bill for a few tournies I can attest to the large amounts of money required to play. Shooting a case every two or three games as a mid guy is always fun...but wow, it wreaks havoc on my personal finances :b

I could easily round up at least 5 guys a couple times a month over the dead months of winter, and I look forward to scrimmaging with other teams...lol, I am actually starting to like reball a bit more than normal paintball (I added it up, and I shot 80+ pods last time I came out and it was only $25...think about the same amount in real paint)
Old 09-19-2006, 08:43 PM #40
b2koneballer

my team would be down for 3/5/or 7 man format...we like the idea of teampractice days...it would be nice to practice threw the "off" season...since we are planning on entering the chi town series next season and playing chi open...so yeah just keep this thread updated...you should see us down there w/ in the month...
Old 09-19-2006, 08:54 PM #41
Captain Save a Ho

Who's commin in this week, and what days??? Timely replies would be apreciated.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:12 PM #42
AOSnooky
Chaplo 88

AOSnooky owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
AOSnooky plays in the APPA D3 division
AOSnooky supports Ninja Paintball
I like the idea of a schedule, preferably every other Sundays. 3/5/7 man we would play it all.

Karnage will be back but will every so often during winter. Takes some of us 4 hours to drive to the reball center so it's rough getting anyone together to go. We did enjoy the center and we will be back!