PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-14-2008, 05:16 PM #1
I need a name

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up Furious barrel review

I am in no way associated with Furious Paintball and the product was purchased by myself.

Here's information copied right off of the Furious website.

Furious Paintball is proud to announce the first of their unique, high quality performance paintball accessories with

introduction of the LOTUS barrel. A revolutionary innovation in paintball technology, the Furious LOTUS barrel is machined from carefully selected,high-grade aluminium alloy. Each barrel is carefully honed by hand with a

completely new, breakthrough porting design. This is truly and uniquely a hand made barrel. Honing is carried out by engineers who have more than 10 years of honing experience. This results in a glossy, mirror-like sheened

bore for zero drag. Check out the Furious LOTUS Barrel below!

World’s most advanced barrel design!

Precision super fine micro honing for zero ball drag

Available in a range of colours and threads:

0.689 and 0.693 bores

14” and 16” lengths

The real innovation is the science behind the style, selection and placements of the ports. While other barrels simply drill holes in the barrel, the Furious LOTUS barrel ports have been paintstakingly calculated to minimize ball breakage,maximizes accuracy, and saves air!

Porting only begins after 8 inches of the barrel to achieve maximum air efficiency. The beginning 14 ports have angled grooves and the remaining 4 end ports are slighty larger compared to the rest. This makes the Furious LOTUS barrel the most complex designed barrel in the world. With precision quality hard-annodizing, the Furious LOTUS barrel has the looks to match its performance.

Awesome porting design is revolutionary and saves air while being able to shoot through breaks easily and quickly cleans

My review

I was recently looking for a new barrel to try out an I came across the Furious Lotus barrel. I have tried/owned a Freak, Deadlywind, Stiffi, Scepter, Stinger signiture, Hammerhead, J&J one piece, J&J elite edge kit, Sly, CP, UL, Redz, Shaft kit, various sp one/two peice barrels, Un1tec, PMI razzor, and a flatline. I was looking for something new, something that is more efficient and more accurate than the other barrels out there.

Some people will probably ask what gun i'm using etc so I might as well just answer that question here to get it out of the way.

08 Ego
Various FEP Quests
Marq 6
Vice

All of the markers were tuned and lubricated prior to testing.

**First Impressions**
I saw the mail get delivered so like a kid on Christmas morning I ran out there, grabbed the package, and ripped it open. I took it out of the nice plastic container that is comes in and looked at it for a minute or two. The finish on the outside is superb without a flaw. I placed the front on to the back and looked at the inside, just like the outside the finish is superb. The honing is absolutely incredible.

Enough of this, lets get straight to the performance of the barrel.

**Performance**
After inspecting the barrel I decided it's time to test it. I take out some ultra evils and fire some paint through the barrel I was using before. The numbers over the chrono read 280, 277, 278, 276, 279. Without changing my velocity at all I put on the Furious barrel and the numbers read 308, 305, 307, 305, 306. It increased my velocity by about 30, the company isn't kidding when they say it has zero drag. I lowered my velocity to about 280 and fired some paint. I was getting ball on ball, what more could you want? The last 4 ports are slightly larger than the other ports for maximum efficiency, when I looked at the Furious website it said the ports were that way to increase efficiency. I thought this was just marketing hype but it's actually true. I wasn't able to test the self cleaning because I didn't have any breaks. I was highly impressed with the performance this thing put out. I recieved it toay so I haven't actually used it in a game but I will let everyone know how it performs when I do.

Self cleaning-3-5 shots. I'm overboring so I was EXTREMELY impressed with the self cleaning.

**Other Informtion**
The barrel is available in the following threads.
Cocker
Impulse/Ion
Shocker
A5
98 Custom
Spyder
Angel
Angel G7

Available bores

Avialable colors
Black
White
Green
Blue
Red
Pink
Gold
Pewter
Silver

Available finishes
Gloss
Dust

**Things to be improved**
Nothing, this barrel is almost perfect. Some people may find it a bit loud but on the field this doesn't really matter. Most people would rather have efficiency over sound.

**Review Conclusion**
These barrels are fairly hard to find right now because there are only a few authorized dealers in the United States. If you want black you're going to have an extremely hard time getting your hands on one.

This is probably one of the best barrels on the market right now. It increases your velocity allowing you to back out on the hpr which will give you more efficiency. It's extremely accurate and the honing is about as good as it gets. They cost a little less than $70 and are just as accurate/more accurate than a deadlywind and other top of the line barrels.

What are you waiting for? Go purchase one, you won't regret it.

**Updates**
Here's some new information aout the Furious barrel.

Comparing it to barrels less than $75
Furious>Freak with one bore
Furious>J&J
Furious>Stinger carbon barrel
Furious>Pepperstick
Furious>Shaft 2

Furious Vs deadlywind
I have recieved alot of pm's asking about how it compares to a deadlywind. Somebody at the field let me do some tests using their deadlywind so here are the results.

Velocity
I had my gun chronod to 285ish with the furious using the .689 bore. Without changing anything I attached the deadlywind with a .689 insert and fired a few over the chrono. The velocity dropped by about 10.

Self cleaning
Both barrels were about the same. Deadlywind might have been slightly better, but nothing too noticeable.

Accuracy
Both barrels were about the same.

Noise
The Furious is louder than the deadlywind.

Weight of furious barrel
Back with oring- 47.265g
Front with oring- 66.766g

Orings have a little bit of oil on them.
Oring on the back-.157g
Oring on the front-.155g

Total weight with Orings

114.031g

Total weight without Orings

Weight of Deadlywind
Without insert-94.6g

Video's
Video made by paintballunited- https://www.pbnation.com/videos/view/1029/xsm89ronzs/

Updates
I recently got an 08 ego and I used the lotus after shooting a few shots with the stock barrel. The first thing I noticed was the noise reduction. There was no more crack sound and it was about half as loud as it was with the stock barrel. The consistency was great but I didn't notice a large velocity jump on the ego. This could be due to the dimpled paint that I was using.

--------------------------------------------------------

Used the 17" barrel tip in game today. It worked great.

Accuracy
Same as all other lengths. Not too much to say about this. The accuracy incredible today because I was using marbs with a perfect paint match. Works great with an apex barrel on it. It seems to be much more accurate at longer distances. With the apex on setting 8 I fired 3 shots at a guy about 150 yards away and 2 of the 3 hit him. One bounced off the knee and the other hit his marker and broke. (He told me that that's where it hit him so that's about all I can go by.) Might have been a few lucky shots but I am still amazed by the accuracy of this barrel.

Noise
Seemed about the same as the 14" one. Maybe slightly quieter, but very close.

Self cleaning
I was highly impressed with this barrels ability to self clean. Shoots through breaks rather quickly.

Velocity.
Raised the velocity of the marker by about 10 fps. Not too bad considering it's so long.

The barrel is a little long but great for woodsball.

Another quality furious product.

Also, the shirts are extremely comfy.

Pics coming soon...

--------------------------------------------------------

Info by I_luv_strats

686 furious high grade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMHxK1VeP14

686 furious mid grade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKglyYb0nRY

689 furious high grade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqaoL-Fyau0

689 furious mid grade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8s_hXHLu3Q

693 furious high grade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Rnh9EiV_s

693 furious mid grade
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxQGnSliSXY

--------------------------
Update as of 8/14/2010

I've been shooting furious barrels for a while now, almost since they were released. The barrels have been great and the self cleaning has improved due to there being smaller bore size options. Another plus is that the price has come down a little.

I will always shoot a furious from now on, I suggest that you give one a try.

Last edited by I need a name : 10-21-2010 at 03:05 PM.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2008, 05:29 PM #2
TurningHeads412

Nice i like it. Good review.
TurningHeads412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:20 PM #3
PaintBallin27
Tippmann Alpha Black

looks great! nice review. have you by any chance tried a Ti longbow? how does it compare? have you tried a good paint to bore match? how is that? also, do you find it better than all the barrels you have posted above?

i may have to get one of these. im still debating on getting a Ti longbow, DW, sly, freak, or this. what do you think?
Low Pressure Kit, Cyclone Feed System, Vortex Mod, QEPH, Lightening Rod, Squishy Paddles, Hair Pin Trigger Kit, X7 hopper, Tek-Liner, Zero Kick Hammer, Orange Howitzer bolt, DOP Pro-Seal, PPS Stabilizer, Trinity Spring Kit, APE Board v2.0, Rhythm Innovations Aluminum Trigger, 12" Stiffi, APEX Tip, Remote Coil, Carleton 88/4500 CF Tank, M4 Visual Upgrades.
PaintBallin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 PM #4
Intimidatorlove
Firebirds fly south too.

Intimidatorlove helped look for balloons
Intimidatorlove is playing at Living Legends III
how much did it cost? where can i get one? does it come with multiple backs?
Intimidatorlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:44 PM #5
PaintBallin27
Tippmann Alpha Black

he said a little less than $70. im guessing you will have to e-mail the USA dealer to purchase it. his e-mail is on this page:
http://www.furiouspaintball.com/dealers.html
Low Pressure Kit, Cyclone Feed System, Vortex Mod, QEPH, Lightening Rod, Squishy Paddles, Hair Pin Trigger Kit, X7 hopper, Tek-Liner, Zero Kick Hammer, Orange Howitzer bolt, DOP Pro-Seal, PPS Stabilizer, Trinity Spring Kit, APE Board v2.0, Rhythm Innovations Aluminum Trigger, 12" Stiffi, APEX Tip, Remote Coil, Carleton 88/4500 CF Tank, M4 Visual Upgrades.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:49 PM #6
lsongj721

nice review name
Old 08-14-2008, 09:21 PM #7
I need a name

Pm Jmorisaki, he should be able to hook you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintBallin27 View Post
looks great! nice review. have you by any chance tried a Ti longbow? how does it compare? have you tried a good paint to bore match? how is that? also, do you find it better than all the barrels you have posted above?

i may have to get one of these. im still debating on getting a Ti longbow, DW, sly, freak, or this. what do you think?
Longbow
I haven't used the TI but it is the most accurate barrel out to date according to everyone that owns one. It's also the heaviest barrel on the market.

Deadlywind
Accuracy really depends on paint to bore match. I have the .693 on the furious bore so the only real way to compare the accuracy would be to use a .693 bore in both and go from there. I never actually compared the two because as of right now I don't own a deadlywind, I sold it a while back to try other barrels. I would have to say the furious is more accurate, more efficient, and has better honing. Like I said above, I don't own the deadlywind right now so I'm not going to say anything for sure. The deadlywind does have better self cleaning and I know that for a fact.

Sly
I havn't actually owned this barrel. I have seen people shoot them but that's about this. I just can't see myself putting out $180+ for a barrel.

Freak
Not worth the money. It doesn't self clean at all and sp quality control is horrible.

I only have a .693 bore, if I can get my hands on a gloss black .689 I'll let everyone know because it will probably be more accurate and better at self cleaning.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:25 PM #8
PaintBallin27
Tippmann Alpha Black

thanks.

isnt there any paintballs that are that big? maybe PMI big balls?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:27 PM #9
I need a name

I like to overbore. I suffer a little bit of accuracy for less/no ball breaks.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 PM #10
PaintballUnited
Furious Paintball CEO

PaintballUnited works for a Paintball manufacturer
PaintballUnited supports Bob Gurnsey
Let us know how you go when during some games
PaintballUnited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:33 AM #11
xsn0man
I bleed burgundy and gold

I want to believe you so bad, but I remember arguing for an extended period of time about rifling in paintball....
And I have no more open bolt guns that need barrels. Too bad, these actually look pretty sweet.
How many "looks like an shoebox shocker and karni had a baby" threads does it take to prove most paintballers are idiots?
IMP Parts Sale!
xsn0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:56 AM #12
I need a name

I'll get the exact weight for everyone in a few days. It's a little bit heavier than a un1tec.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:18 PM #13
xsn0man
I bleed burgundy and gold

No, but a while ago, there was a huge thread about paintball rifleing, I dont want to start this argument again, but i need a name was a huge proponent of rifling in paintball. Its not that I dont trust him, or I think hes lying, I just think his idea of awesome and my idea are pretty substantially different.
How many "looks like an shoebox shocker and karni had a baby" threads does it take to prove most paintballers are idiots?
IMP Parts Sale!
xsn0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:19 PM #14
Jack Mihada
PLAY PUMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorisaki View Post
Ahhh ok. I just wanted to make sure we didn't think these had rifling. I had a rifled barrel and can't say I liked it. I've tried Freak kit, J&J singles and kit, Un1tecs, Dye UL and Furious Lotus. I am sticking with my Furious. If I didn't believe in the product I would've never invested thousands of dollars.

The owner is a great guy with an amazing product. I have not had one single disatisfied customer. I've only sold about 25-30 of them but every one of them have been very pleased.

I wanna get me one now

Disclaimer: I speak only for myself and myself only, and never for my team.
Jack Mihada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 09:41 AM #15
I need a name

Self cleaning info added.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:20 PM #16
I need a name

More information added
Old 08-19-2008, 01:33 AM #17
PsychoBaller
P8ntd daWrld & thensum

What's with the sub-optimal bore offerings? The limitations of only being able to go up/down .004 is a negative if my book. Not the greatest options for getting the best paint/barrel match.

The results so far are not that astounding, considering you over-bored the paint/bore match. I'll be waiting to see some tests of the .689 back, or a better paint/bore match. Also, if you're over-boring your paint, won't that mean less friction between paintball and interior barrel surface? Which may also explain the jump in FPS at the chrono.

BTW, you didn't mention what barrel (and it's bore), you were using at the start of the test, before putting the Lotus on.

How does the front/back of the Lotus thread into each other? How does it compare with the 00' Scepter & TI Longbow styles?

-baller
PsychoBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:39 AM #18
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
from the pictars, it looks like the front screws into the back, so it's not like the Longbow in that dept.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:49 AM #19
I need a name

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBaller View Post
What's with the sub-optimal bore offerings? The limitations of only being able to go up/down .004 is a negative if my book. Not the greatest options for getting the best paint/barrel match.

The results so far are not that astounding, considering you over-bored the paint/bore match. I'll be waiting to see some tests of the .689 back, or a better paint/bore match. Also, if you're over-boring your paint, won't that mean less friction between paintball and interior barrel surface? Which may also explain the jump in FPS at the chrono.

BTW, you didn't mention what barrel (and it's bore), you were using at the start of the test, before putting the Lotus on.

How does the front/back of the Lotus thread into each other? How does it compare with the 00' Scepter & TI Longbow styles?

-baller

I was using a .692 scepter before I put the lotus on.

I just recieved the .689 back yesterday and my GM bolt broke so it might take a little under a week to get the results.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:10 PM #20
I need a name

Nevermind about the week for the bolt, thanks to the guy I bought a bolt off of I got it today .

Using the same paint and the same pressures I aired up the gun with the .689 bore. I fired 8-10 times before chronoing the gun. It increased the velocity only by about 5. I am still EXTREMELY pleased because that's about a 35 fps increase over the scepter.

Last edited by I need a name : 08-20-2008 at 06:08 PM.
I need a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:19 PM #21
jmorisaki
B/S/T MOD

jmorisaki is a Mega Moderator
jmorisaki supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBaller View Post

-baller
Valid question. Furious is an up and comer. The cost to develop each back with a different bore size is pretty costly. Adding that to start up costs would've made this even more expensive.

Now, with that being said as I stated earlier I peronally have owned several barrel kits. And guess which one's I typically used....89 and 93. With my Un1tec my 85 and 96 sat un-used. Sucks because I paid 60.00 for that. Same for the UL, Freak, J&J, etc.

I Need a Name is not the only one to experience said jump. I'll post up another post by another member who purchased them.
jmorisaki is offline   Reply With Quote