PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 10-30-2010, 04:02 PM #1
honcohimself

has been a member for 10 years
Pistols

I am looking to invest in a pistol, but i do not know what one to get. I would like to hear what you all think on the TPX, Eraser/Chaser, or Tiberius Arms T8.1?
honcohimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2010, 05:44 PM #2
splntercell
TopGun Knight

If your going to be playing at public fields and not outlaw ball chances are you will not be allowed to use the Eraser/Chaser since it shoots a smaller caliber paint then .68. I used a T9 for a while and it shot nice but it gets expensive to run unless you want to reload the mag it comes with. I have heard mixed reviews about the TPX but i never played with one. It is less expensive to run since the mag only holds the paint, where the Tiberius mags hold the paint and the co2 cartridge.
splntercell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 08:48 AM #3
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

i personally love the tpx, but they can be buggy. ive had a few issues with mine. first it chopped, then it had velocity issues. ive sent it in for repair a fewtimes and now it seems to be happy, finally. then again, my tpx was one of the first made. sofar, though, it shoots nice since the last time i sent it in.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:43 PM #4
honcohimself

iight cool thanks guys any one have Eraser or Chaser? is really a difference between the 2? or is it just the size that is the difference?
Old 11-02-2010, 12:12 AM #5
rjones1213

rjones1213 is an NCPA player
rjones1213 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
i believer the Eraser has a metal slide and frame while the Chase is composite. The Eraser is also 1/2" longer.

SVSU Paintball #14
rjones1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:20 AM #6
honcohimself

but past that they are the same gun?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:52 PM #7
Bad71
.... from the ashes

plays in the NXL
Bad71 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Bad71 plays in the APPA D3 division
I have a TPX, and like it overall. Built in picitanny rail under barrel for add-ons. A bit bulky, but so is the T8. One thing I liked about the T8 over the TPX is the mags do hold the co2 cartridge as well as the rounds, which makes for a quick reload during play, but the TPX mags are cheaper, and changing the co2 on a TPX isnt a big deal anyway. The TPX are customizeable; barrels, foregrips, lasers, springs, even can run a remote line for CO2 bottle. A reliable back-up peice, although I have seen guys go into play with just that as their primary weapon. Similar to the pump theory, where every shot has to count.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:05 PM #8
honcohimself

ok cool thank you
Old 11-06-2010, 05:35 AM #9
RogueShooter

I know its not mag-fed OR realistic looking, but I highly recommend trying out a used Armotech/Warsensor/Miltec "Zeus". You can normally find them in the BST's or Ebay for under $100 in minimally used condition, and they are great reliable pistols. With just a few mods they work great even as a primary gun. Almost all summer I've run with nothing but a modded Zeus and 200-300 balls stored in 10 round tubes on my pistol belt and its a blast! It takes a lot of dedication to stick with it sometimes, because you're always outgunned, but IMO its one of the best way to hone your stealth skills on the field.

I have owned a lot of pistols, more than one T8, 2 TPX's, 3 Zeus-types, a BT SA17, a Palmer's Squall, and two 2 Ariakon ACP 2.0's. Out of all of those I've found the Zeus to be the most reliable in a pistol-primary setup for many reasons:

1) Any magfed pistol leaves your paint somewhat exposed to air and moisture, which can cause paintballs to deform and jam in your mags. Carrying 10-round tubes to load the Zeus' overhead springfeed keeps your paint sealed from the elements, and more importantly, under zero spring pressure until its loaded into the gun. I have had BOTH T8 and TPX mags jam to all hell because the paint deformed inside of them from the very tiny spring pressure that was still on the ball stack even when the springs were locked down. There are few things in paintball more maddening than sneaking across the field to get that great shot at your unsuspecting opponent, and pulling the trigger only to get a nice dryfire to give you away because your mag is jammed so bad it won't feed. 10-round tubes are also on average $0.25 to $0.50 apiece, so if you lose one you're not out $15 (TPX) or $50 (T8). They're also lighter and less bulky than mags, so you can carry more of them.

2) The Zeus uses a pretty standard 1911 style trigger frame which accepts many different aftermarket grips so you can taylor it more to your comfort. Many people find the T8 and TPX grips to be too large and unwieldy.

3) Surprisingly, even though its an unregulated blow-back operating system, the Zeus can pretty readily achieve 25-30 shots per 12g. This is better than the stock TPX and T8 an on par with heavily modified versions of those guns.

4) Cost- even though prices have dropped significantly, you'll still be hard pressed to find a TPX or T8 for under $100.

So anyway, if you're dead set on a mag-fed, I would avoid the Chaser/Eraser as they won't be allowed at any commercial field should you decide to go to one (you may play mostly outlaw, I don't know). My recommendation would be the T8 simply because I've found it to be more reliable and to have fewer feed issues than the TPX.

Another option to look into would be the BT SA17- it ain't pretty, and is kind of heavy for a pistol, but again its loaded with 10 round tubes and right out of the box can get 30 good shots out of a cartridge. It's also cheap at $130 and comes with Empire/KEE's lifetime warranty.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:49 AM #10
rjones1213

rjones1213 is an NCPA player
rjones1213 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
The T8s can be ran on remote line as well like the TPX FYI.
T9's come with a hopper adapter so they can go from clip fed air/paint to hopper/tank fed.

Also both Tiberius guns can shoot or can be upgraded to shoot First Strike rounds.

SVSU Paintball #14
rjones1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 11:47 PM #11
honcohimself

i think i might do the t8
Old 11-18-2010, 11:40 AM #12
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

if you get a tpx, make sure you get barrels specific to the tpx. i found this out the hard way. a5 barrels fit, but the bolt doesnt go into the barrel on the tpx like it does on the a5, creating consistancy problems. i got a lapco big shot barrel on my tpx and now its very consistant and accurate.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:16 PM #13
sensored
Brandon Nof

sensored owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
sensored owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I love my tpx I play speed ball but when I'm not I go and play just with the tpx it's the best and you can do what ever you what with it il seen some with a q loader and a grip it's fun but a bit hard to rebuild
Old 01-16-2011, 02:41 PM #14
MIDNIGHTANGELZ

MIDNIGHTANGELZ is playing at Living Legends V
MIDNIGHTANGELZ posts videos on PbNation
MIDNIGHTANGELZ has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
T8 fun stuff...
MIDNIGHTANGELZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:51 AM #15
Big Daddy Trajick

I'm hoping to pick up a TPX myself very soon
Old 01-25-2011, 01:59 AM #16
Daniel The Treeman

ive shot all of these pistols and i can honestly say i would take the t8 or t9 any day. I will compete with my brother who is 2 years older when he has a brand new ego2 or something of the sort and will do well. the trick is to pick your shots and just have fun. i use the t9 as a rifle with the longbow system sorry everybody my baby isnt for sale. i am selling some scecero guns though
Daniel The Treeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:14 AM #17
Abnmp78

I used a spyder victor. I made a stock feed tube then changed to a phantom tube. Reload with 10 round tubes. Nice thing is if you top off and there are balls in the 10 rd tube you can leave it in for a extended mag. I use a freak barrel. I got a 1' tip from whitewolf airsmith. Overall lenght is 13" so same size as many pistols. I tried a 12 gram adapter but only got 12-15 shots (it's a spyder) So i used a 3oz CO2 tank. Once I got use to playing with it I went with a T9. I dropped the barrel extention off. So it looks like a machine pistol with the stock and foregrip. The only problem with the T9 i had was if it chopped a ball (usually due to my error on loading) its a bear to clean. I usually have to leave the field andtake it apart to get the balls to fly straight.
But as others have said once you learn to play limited paint it's a blast. I use to go thru a case of paint and then quit. Now I get a 500 bag and always have paint left over.
Abnmp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:39 AM #18
THE PAINTBALL NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIDNIGHTANGELZ View Post
T8 fun stuff...

Not fun for the guy on the other end Midnight! lolz
THE PAINTBALL NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:04 PM #19
r_clarke
Disposable Heroes

most os the hereos uses the Tab 8 or 8.1. One of us has had 3 TPX and has NOthing good to say about it.
Animal Custom Paintball Gear_HitMan Gear
Psycho Scenario Mask covers

WEB
www.facebook.com/disposableheroespaintballteam
r_clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:49 PM #20
Jwink18

dont get the t8 get the tpx its the best. t8 is huge, bulky, and unbalanced, bad air system. tpx is easy to put a remote on, the mechanics work amazingly and the 12 gram (if you use them) is not punctured until the first trigger pull. plus cheaper mags for later. youre a fool to buy a t8
Jwink18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:16 PM #21
Thomarann

Borrowed my sons T8.1 last time I was out and had a great time using it as my only weapon with a loaded mag and one spare.

Took out 2 guys first game and 1 guy next game before getting shot out.

It is wierd to start a game with just a pistol in your holster but it forces u to make every shot count if u only have 16 instead of 140 in your hopper and a few pods on your pack.

The 8.1 worked perfectly - balanced, accurate, and reliable (with my limited use).
Thomarann is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups