PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 03-04-2005, 11:03 PM #22
JooJoo

he's got a point.

YOU SHOOT FASTER ON A NORMAL TRIGGER, OTHERWISE EVERY FAST GUN WOULD HAVE THESE.

MacDev doesn't(cyborg=fastest stock gun)
AngelSpeed doesn't(fast gun)
Dye doesn't(DM5=fast)
Nerve Race Gun doesn't(55bps limit)
MechMag doesn't(fastest cycling gun period)
E-Blade 2 doesn't(real quick)
Intimidators don't(fast)
Karnovors don't(fast)
Indian Creek doesn't
Evil doesn't
Tippmann doesn't
WPG doesn't
WDP doesn't
System Xdoesn't
AutoMag doesn't

they are not two triggers, the board is just fast, that's it.

no other company does, it is stupid and feels wierd. i repeat:

IF THEY ARE FASTER, WHY DOESN'T ANY OTHER COMPANY HAVE THEM?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2005, 11:20 PM #23
dcpusher
Love It Up

has been a member for 10 years
I think if people get smart and push the trigger forward and backward from the side with one finger (so that it fires twice) that could be pretty fast, and would definately be illegal. I think its like how you have to have the stop pin in your velocity adjuster, its just too easy to cheat otherwise.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:26 PM #24
JooJoo

raking it in other words?

hell yeah it would be legal, it still is one trigger, but you can rake a regular trigger too, go to scenariodreams.com and he rakes a regular trigger w/t-board on semi at 30+bps in the end of the vid.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:42 PM #25
XtraBoy

its brand new techonology/thinking, thats why others dont have it

I'll get a vid up here sometime
Old 03-04-2005, 11:51 PM #26
JooJoo

cockers had it a while back, on the electros, but it's stupid, so it hasn't surfaced anywhere else.

i think someone else already mentiones the cocker version of this.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:53 PM #27
CrazyLemurBoy
PBStar Lord

Why didn't all companies use regulator's 10 years ago? Why didn't all companies use electronic software and solenoids to improve guns performances? Why didn't all companies use high pressure air tanks? It's a different way of doing it, there is no clear cut "better." It's like asking the best between a hamburger and a turkey sandwich, they are both pieces of meat between slices of bread, but they are different. You will get mixed results.

Old 03-05-2005, 04:38 PM #28
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Mega Moderator
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Other companies don't use it because they, liek EVERYONE ELSE, were told it was ILLEGAL.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:19 PM #29
dcpusher
Love It Up

Quote:
Originally posted by JooJoo
raking it in other words?

hell yeah it would be legal, it still is one trigger, but you can rake a regular trigger too, go to scenariodreams.com and he rakes a regular trigger w/t-board on semi at 30+bps in the end of the vid.
no thats not what i'm thinking. I'm thinking.... hmm it doesn't matter, it would be legal after all.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:20 AM #30
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
no you're right, grabbing the bottom and moving it back and forth exposes the illegal nature of the trigger, ith one pull and release of froce discharging 2 shots.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:23 AM #31
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
(yes, I will never accpet that this is legal because, well, it shouldnt be.)
Old 03-06-2005, 11:30 AM #32
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Why haven't other companies done this? Because Leon hasn't licensed it to them. He owns the patent, after all.

Why am I always the smartest guy in every thread?

Still think they're illegal? Team Afterglow was using them at XPSL this weekend, the NPPL Feeder Tournament Series.

Still think they're illegal? Bad Company will be using them in NPPL this year.

Some of you are so stuck in your stubborn ways of thinking, you'll be watching all of these illegal guns get past the judges and onto the fields ALL YEAR LONG. Some of you probably still don't accept that the earth is round either. And, most of you have formed opinions about something you've never held or used.

Grabbing one end and moving it back and forth? Good luck getting more than 5bps out of your gun with that method. The rocking trigger just doesn't work that way. You'd know if you'd ever held one or fired one. But, why let a little knowledge get in the way of your opinions?
Old 03-06-2005, 11:43 AM #33
Tremor MDC

Quote:
Originally posted by TzeentchianGod
Why haven't other companies done this? Because Leon hasn't licensed it to them. He owns the patent, after all.

Still think they're illegal? Team Afterglow was using them at XPSL this weekend, the NPPL Feeder Tournament Series.

Still think they're illegal? Bad Company will be using them in NPPL this year.

Some of you are so stuck in your stubborn ways of thinking, you'll be watching all of these illegal guns get past the judges and onto the fields ALL YEAR LONG. Some of you probably still don't accept that the earth is round either. And, most of you have formed opinions about something you've never held or used.

Grabbing one end and moving it back and forth? Good luck getting more than 5bps out of your gun with that method. The rocking trigger just doesn't work that way. You'd know if you'd ever held one or fired one. But, why let a little knowledge get in the way of your opinions?

DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE LINK IN MY SIG!
***Fixed***
Old 04-01-2005, 03:26 AM #34
novasheep

I have a rocker for my spyder shutter. I will try and get a vid up soon. right now its completely stock so it probably wont be too fast.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:27 PM #35
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by TzeentchianGod

LOL
Old 05-01-2005, 01:01 AM #36
LiteEmUp2005

One thing to remember with a rocker is that when you go to snap shoot or get off a single shot it feels weird because its not a regular trigger you pull down you have to rock the trigger. This leads to many messups and slower shots, but nomater what you do starting to walk takes longer because you gotta get the rocking action going, get a rythem, as opposed to the spring just returning the trigger. Go ahead try it.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:16 PM #37
Electra

hey i got a vid of my electra with the rocking trigger, no paint or air, just clicking, air and paint coming soon!
http://media.putfile.com/MVI_034822
Old 09-26-2005, 07:41 AM #38
Horty(((O))) (Banned)

you guys are ****ing dumb, ONE SHOT PER PULL its not illegal
Old 09-26-2005, 09:26 AM #39
Lurker27
Overthinker

Annual Supporting Member
First of all, you're way late.

And second of all, If you grab the bottom and actuate an entire trigger stroke, you get 2 shots. 2 shots per pull. Or, if you tap the trigger from behind (double acting trigger).

OR, if you maintain a constant force on one end with a finger or, say, a rubber band, and tapped the other end, you'd get two shots per pull, because a RELEASE OF FORCE IS NOT REQUIRED TO MAKE THE NEXT PULL.

This thing is illegal, and should be NPPL deemed as such. If anyone says otherwise, on the grounds that it hasn't been named as such, I'd laugh at them.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:11 AM #40
benzy2
angry bird

Call it what you want but right now it isnt illegal(or last i checked) so all this doesnt matter. You can use whatever logic to argue for or against it but all it comes down to is that right now its legal. Shoulda woulda couldas aside at this point in time its legal. The problem with the way the rules state is what is a trigger pull. As NPPL states it it is a pull and a release. If you pull any part of this trigger and then release it you get a single shot. There are no limitations (or atleast not that i see in section 6.02 in the rule book) that state the trigger cant be double acting. They just say you cant have more than one shot per pull and release. If you put a rubberband on it then it would be illegal but last time i checked that isnt how they come. You can also set debounce on markers low enough to get runaway bounce. Does that make every board programed with adjustable debounce illegal? No. Just the ones that are set by the user to bounce. Same here. As the frame comes it fits the rules. If you modify it with a rubberband then that frame would be illegal. Also when you talk about force when it comes to your fingers. On a normal trigger you could place one finger behind the trigger and another in front of it. Then you could increase the amount of force applied to each finger so that you keep alternating which finger has more force acting. In this way you would never have a release of force and you would have multiple shots. So should all current triggers be banned because there is a way to make the triggers not follow the rules? And then what about raking a trigger? Isnt that more than one shot per pull and release? So shouldnt every trigger that can be raked be claimed illegal?
Old 09-26-2005, 11:17 AM #41
TGates13

I do belive that it the Trigger is legal. There was a D3 team playing at San Diego and two of there guys had Rocking Triggers. It does clearly state that one shot per one pull. I have a rocking trigger and I have yet to experience what you are talking about Lurker. Please go into a little more detail so I can check mine.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:18 AM #42
TGates13

By the way if the MODS are looking at this could you please make this a Sticky!! So this could quite possible be the last Rocking Trigger thread ever.