PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 08-20-2010, 03:20 PM #1
nerve2030

has been a member for 10 years
idea for a new gun

i have an idea for a new marker targeted toward scenario it is biased loosely on a sniper 2. the idea is the action is biased off of the anshultz biathlon rifle straight pull push back rather than under barrel pump. it would have an open breach so you can only load 1 round at a time but it could be a first strike round. it would come with an adjustable carbon fiber stock and bi pod and rather than running on 12 grams or 13^3in tank it would have pre-charged pneumatic cylinder similar to target air rifles so the tank is integrated into the design on the marker most likely under the barrel in the for grip. the typical size for these tanks is 148cc or 9 cubic in so your shot count would be limited but thats pretty accurate for a sniper rifle. so what do you think is this something you would buy? or is this sound like the rambling of a mad man .
nerve2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2010, 05:11 PM #2
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
Fubarius supports our troops
Pre-charged pneumatic doesn't quite work for paintball. Not a consistent velocity from shot to shot, as each shot tends to be a bit slower than the previous. An effect that would be greatly magnified for paintball use since we need more air to propel our much larger ammo. To achieve the needed consistency you'd have to throw a regulator between the pneumatic cylinder and the valve.

Look at the old sheridan pumps. Those with the Speed Demon bolt work pretty much exactly as the bolt system you're describing.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:53 PM #3
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

sounds like a nicer version of the bolt action autococker rifle i built. id like to see a straight pull bolt action though. i love biathlon rifles. i would make it so that it can use a tube feed or single shot. a ten shot stick feed or ten round tube with a spring assisted straight pull bolt would be great for making quick back to back shots and staging a paintball biathlon.

if you do this, take pics, id like to see it.

also, for the air source, i use a 13/3000 ninja tank. i love it. it is also small enough that you could put it in a stock or get a but stock cap for the end of it.

good luck.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:02 PM #4
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
a marker that could use first strike rounds that isn't an overpriced sidearm would be really nice. Even if each round has to be hand loaded, it would be nice. What about making the breech mechanism a barrel similar to most revolver hand guns? Preload 6 rounds, gun rotates barrel automatically when you retract the bolt and prime/cock the marker again. When the bolt is seated in the fire position, it's actually sitting inside of one of the 6 bores of the revolver barrel. Self contained? No remote lines? Even better. Lightweight? More pluses. Don't go overboard and put a barrel on there longer than 16" though. And don't fuss with rifling or any of those gimmicks. Integrated expansion chambers towards the business end of the barrel would be nice too. Especially if you can access the baffeled area of the expansion chamber and put paint absorbing materials in there for ease of cleaning in case you have a barrel break

I would definitely pick one up.

Last edited by stevebski : 08-20-2010 at 09:06 PM.
stevebski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:11 PM #5
nerve2030

i already had the revolver idea but think of this. have you ever seen the borderlands revolver shotguns? i have a design sitting on my computer for a pump action revolver and to reload you press a lever near the top of the cylinder and it breaks open so you can hand load 8 rounds (the same count as a first strike tube) and then slam it shut pump and shoot.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:46 PM #6
nerve2030

now all i have to do is get my shop built and tool it up. i already have a mini mill and lathe but im graduating to bigger machines and going cnc. here is what im talking about my current lathe has a bed length of 14 in my new lathe has a 40in bed mini lathe 4\5 hp new lathe 3hp now thats what im talking about
Old 08-21-2010, 06:49 PM #7
subyrally
Trust your turbo lust

well, after i posted last night, i got to thinking, came up with a concept and made proof of concept, all by 2:30am, lol. basically, i just modified an autococker that i have. took off the pump kit and put the front block back on it. i plugged the hole for the lpr and then took the ram, plugged the two ports on it with bolts in place of the hose barbs. i made the ram into an air spring. if you do this, add a few drops of oil into the back side of the ram before you plug it, it keeps it lubed and adds to the return force. from there, reassemble the gun as you normally would. from there, you should be able to pull back on the back block and have it snap back. i made a temporary bolt lever from an old 45* allen wrench that came with a garbage disposal unit. so far, it works great. ill have to get some pics for you.

good luck with your project, i cant wait to see what you come up with.
subyrally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:32 PM #8
Snipes33
Tactical Recon Unit

Snipes33 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Snipes33 supports Team VICIOUS
Hmm. I think you'd need a mix between a modded pump and a tpx for a 12 gram in the front.
Snipes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:52 AM #9
GunRaptor
Pilot in Training

GunRaptor supports Bob Gurnsey
Are you actually going to make this? If so, keep me up to date!

Currently trying to join or create a scenario team in Del Rio. Apparently there might be a field coming to Laughlin AFB, so this may be more realistic than I thought before. PM if interested.

Also, I'm a total gun whore.
GunRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 02:50 PM #10
nerve2030

im going to try to build them like i said im having a shop built and getting a rather large cnc lathe im not sure im getting a cnc mill right away but its a distinct possibility. ill post some mid design pics as soon as my router at home gets hooked up. i actually have quite a few really good ideas (i think) and now that i will have the tools to make them look forward to some cool things in the future
Old 08-23-2010, 03:05 PM #11
nerve2030

some of my ideas include

1 first strike sniper rifle made of mostly carbon fiber
2 pump action revolver with break action loading
3 balanced poppet electro pneumatic (that works unlike the 09 impulse)
4 pneumatic trigger spool valve marker with pneumatic logic trigger
5 ultra precise hp reg (input pressure does not effect output like most spool biased regs)
6 real spyder pump kit
7 high proformance valves for cockers spyders old impulses (as well as others i just need a start part to check specs against)
8 bolts with angled inlets to direct flow better.
9 more advanced eye logic systems
10 shot velocity predictor
Old 08-23-2010, 03:12 PM #12
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerve2030 View Post
2 pump action revolver with break action loading
PM inbound
Old 08-23-2010, 10:43 PM #13
wilson222

wilson222 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
that would be cool
Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 PM #14
nerve2030

this is an in process render of the bolt action idea i have been working on a different section each time and have not gotten to the front yet but its starting to look like its coming together
ReplyScenario Ups