PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM #22
SKI008

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
You can switch the regs but since you switch guns it might make sense to use the normal Ninja adjustable. I also have a pump and my G6R and I just run my tank shimless so I know it will run both guns fine. Unless you really need to shoot that 1 extra pod the SLP gives you it might be more trouble than it's worth to play musical regs.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2012, 11:24 AM #23
jcperez2393
CA Elite

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
You can switch the regs but since you switch guns it might make sense to use the normal Ninja adjustable. I also have a pump and my G6R and I just run my tank shimless so I know it will run both guns fine. Unless you really need to shoot that 1 extra pod the SLP gives you it might be more trouble than it's worth to play musical regs.
well i mean its coming with my gun, and i feel like its easier just unscrewing a whole reg and swapping between that, than opening up my normal reg and have to change the shims and whatnot. And i have a couple of other guns that i use from time to time as well. from my understanding, running the ninja reg shimless is around 400 psi right?
jcperez2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 AM #24
tim2thousand4

tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
shimless NINJA is the way to go for sure.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:42 PM #25
SKI008

plays in the NXL
Well a shimless ninja is 400 psi and most pumps run at 300 psi so you wouldn't need to change the shims ever. Some people have gotten pumps to work at slp pressures but it will take some creative springing to do that.

Your options are either take all the shims out and be able to screw the tank into anything vs. swap regs back and forth. Taking the shims out once is easier than swapping the reg back and forth every time.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:33 PM #26
jcperez2393
CA Elite

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
Well a shimless ninja is 400 psi and most pumps run at 300 psi so you wouldn't need to change the shims ever. Some people have gotten pumps to work at slp pressures but it will take some creative springing to do that.

Your options are either take all the shims out and be able to screw the tank into anything vs. swap regs back and forth. Taking the shims out once is easier than swapping the reg back and forth every time.
Hm alright yeah that sounds like a good idea then. Ill look into that and I'll probably jsut take out all the shims
Old 11-09-2012, 10:14 PM #27
AmbushPaint (Banned)

AmbushPaint owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AmbushPaint supports Team VICIOUS
AmbushPaint supports DLX Technology
btw i do have the card with the g6r lol
AmbushPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:51 AM #28
jcperez2393
CA Elite

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbushPaint View Post
btw i do have the card with the g6r lol
Oh wow sweet
Old 11-10-2012, 10:24 AM #29
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
The difference in day to day maintenance is equivalent in my opinion. You clean off the bolt/breach and unscrew he ram cap, remove the ram, wipe it clean, and apply Dow55 (instead of PE oil).

When it comes time to do regulator maintenance, the disassembly is perhaps slight (very slightly) more complex.

The main thing about the G6R is it is not as dummy proof as the Ego i.e. it is more pressure sensitive as it has a much larger range of adjustability. Invest in a pressure tester and ensure you are in the right ranges out the gate and it will treat you every bit as good as the Ego and perform a lot better.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:14 PM #30
loki1313
I NEED MY MAKER'S

loki1313 plays in the PSP
loki1313 posts videos on PbNation
loki1313 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy
The difference in day to day maintenance is equivalent in my opinion. You clean off the bolt/breach and unscrew he ram cap, remove the ram, wipe it clean, and apply Dow55 (instead of PE oil).

When it comes time to do regulator maintenance, the disassembly is perhaps slight (very slightly) more complex.

The main thing about the G6R is it is not as dummy proof as the Ego i.e. it is more pressure sensitive as it has a much larger range of adjustability. Invest in a pressure tester and ensure you are in the right ranges out the gate and it will treat you every bit as good as the Ego and perform a lot better.
I don't clean an relube my ram but every 3-5 cases. I think that's even what bob recommends. doing it after every day of play really isn't necessary unless you got some debris in there
GREED #13

my feedback https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=869074
loki1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 PM #31
jcperez2393
CA Elite

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post

Would PE oil work fine for the ram? and Yah I'm getting a pressure tester with it so I think im good in that area
Old 11-10-2012, 08:53 PM #32
Bcasper86

Bcasper86 plays in the PSP
Bcasper86 plays in the APPA D5 division
Use Dow 55 on the ram
Old 11-10-2012, 09:27 PM #33
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Super69ur supports Ninja Paintball
Read the manual. PE Oil isn't Dow55

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:38 AM #34
*Daylight*

*Daylight* plays in the PSP
*Daylight* plays in the MiLP
*Daylight* owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
*Daylight* plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcperez2393 View Post
well see thing is i have a pump so i go back and forth between that and I trade my pumps around so its not always the same one. I'm getting an slp reg with the trade so really im getting it for free
If you have an adjustable reg, i say just use that even though you are getting the slp. Sell the slp off. it will be easier imo to take shims out and replace shims than to change regs every so often. If you more than hand tight your reg that can make for a bad day.
*Daylight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:07 PM #35
gamer565
Read the manual!!

gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
gamer565 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Would PE oil work fine for the ram? and Yah I'm getting a pressure tester with it so I think im good in that area
Please do not touch your marker till you have read the manual...
gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:05 PM #36
xeese
Mangled Manual Maker

xeese works for a Paintball manufacturer
xeese supports our troops
To clear up an earlier statement in the thread about factory recommended pressures - they are tested in multiple locations with different weather, temperatures, humidity, etc. The numbers in the manual are numbers that will get you going with good performance.

The pressure settings card are numbers that they test/chrono the marker at in California.

TLDR:
Manual - range of pressures, good performance across different conditions
Initial Testing Card - factory set/shipped pressures from CA
xeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:06 PM #37
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Negative, Dow 55 only for the ram. The tolerances are built for the slight o-ring swelling that Dow 55 produces.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 PM #38
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki1313 View Post
I don't clean an relube my ram but every 3-5 cases. I think that's even what bob recommends. doing it after every day of play really isn't necessary unless you got some debris in there
Your correct. I personally find it fairly routine to just pop the bolt out, clean it, run a squeegee through, remove the ram, clean and remove it and pop it in after each day of play but it isn't necessary. In truth, I have had teammates go almost an entire season without ram maintenance though that obviously isn't recommended. I was more comparing the maintenance schedule to Eclipses which I believe still recommends oiling the rammer each time.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 PM #39
jcperez2393
CA Elite

plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Negative, Dow 55 only for the ram. The tolerances are built for the slight o-ring swelling that Dow 55 produces.
alright then im picking up a tube of dow 55 then lol