RedAkuma is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
RedAkuma supports our troops
RedAkuma is Boss
RedAkuma supports DLX Technology
RedAkuma supports Ninja Paintball
06 interceptor reg Info

At Alien we take great pride in making the very best paintball markers and are also proud that we are a company founded on new and innovative ideas.

With that being said recently it has been discovered that some of our customers are experiencing shoot down and drop off with their factory HP regulators. We have corrected the problem and now have available a replacement piston and oring.

First if you have read the owners manuel and followed all suggested hints and tips suggested in the stickies sections and still have shoot down and drop off. Please pm me with your contact info and address and i will send out a replacement to you. Please only request a piston if yours is bad, if yours is working fine do not replace it. andrew alien gun tech.
"Originally posted by firefoxx04: Everything works awesome and just as described, thanks.
This guy is straight business no bull ****."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-11-2006, 06:46 PM #2
ikey

yeah man, but how are we suposted to know if our piston is bad....we cant see whats going on inside the reg. it looks good to me? seems to be fine, all i know is that teh parts dont move too freely, and its crap performance. i would assume the problem is just the o rings, cause when i work my magic on it i find that the way i lube it up definitely helps teh parts move freely, but not as good as normal. sounds to be like just o rings.

how would we diagnose a bad piston?
Old 12-11-2006, 06:53 PM #3
McPoison

*edit*

basically you will know if you have bad inconsistancy and or shootdown...

but to prove its your reg, go with the follwing procedures:

in the event of inconsistancy, raise your dwell and LPR.

if the problem is not solved, it is your HPR.

same thing with shootdown.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:31 PM #4
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey View Post
parts dont move too freely... when i work my magic on it i find that the way i lube it up definitely helps teh parts move freely, but not as good as normal.
If you don't have excellent consistancy without shootdown, get a new piston, easy as that. Sorry it took so long. It took awhile before we know some were having this problem and then we tried several O-Rings at different harnness and such, plus we were in the middle of the new modlels. Anyway problem is solved.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:22 PM #5
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
can you tell the difference between the new piston and the old one? are they different enough to tell?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:14 PM #6
ikey

ok thats good. next time we play, ill get my freind to chron and check teh consistancy of his reg. but i do have to say jack, this might be one problem where the damage cannot be fixed. most ppl who buy guns want to play, and not wait weeks for the o rings. most ppl have already bough aftermarket regs for their guns because of teh problem, like my teammate. so now yes we have it, but i doubt hte aline reg will ever get used now....

good job getting it fixed...but im just letting you know this is an issue that need to be fixed b4 it happens (aka testing from the factory)
Old 12-12-2006, 05:14 PM #7
RedAkuma
Respect, give it get it

plays in the NXL
RedAkuma is Boss
rluna yes there is a visable difference between the two pistons
"Originally posted by firefoxx04: Everything works awesome and just as described, thanks.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:31 PM #8
Jack Rice

Jack Rice works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Rice posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey View Post
this might be one problem where the damage cannot be fixed... most ppl have already bough aftermarket regs for their guns because of teh problem...but im just letting you know this is an issue that need to be fixed b4 it happens (aka testing from the factory)
The damage was fixed - they bought a reg, to me that isnt' a bad deal to get a gun of that quality for that cost and have to buy a reg.
2nd, It is hard to factory test everything, especially things that are only somethines a problem. Every manufacturer has had some problem that need a fix afterwards. Again let me say that the gun design has always been good. The '05 Remains had a few problems, the '06 less and the Remains only had an LPR O'ring that we had to replace on the first batch and some set screws leaked on a few guns.
All of these guns now come right and we have learned what it takes to make very reliable guns. Most players have used our guns without any problems and I get a lot of good feedback.
All you had to do was go to our local tournament the XPSL held in Las Vegas a couple of weeks go to see that all guns have problems.
The last day at that event one of the chrono refs came up to me and said that the Alien guns had been the most consistant over the chono and he thought had had the least problems - the spool valves being the worst in the cold and very dusty conditions. Nothing in it for him to say that, but he wanted me to know.
Point is, yes it would be great to never have problems, still Alien are reliable and if some people had to replace regs on our gun, that costs half of what an EGO does, that isn't such a bad thing.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:54 PM #9
ikey

true, and yeah if you want to replace the reg thats fine. like you said the guns are affordable. but when you advertise a gun that can perform with anything and out of teh box it can barely shoot the way it is saposed to....thats a problem. i mean props to fixing the problem so fast and being willing to send parts to people, but you know what i am saying? like your hanging around with all your freinds, tehy are cheking out your new gun, you like yeah its sweet bla bla, and you get out on the feild and basically dont have a gun cause your dropping off so bad.....it looks bad, especially for a gun who compared to egos, is still proving itself to the greater population (i say this because, come on, a tiny tiny population owns these or is very knowlegeable about them compared to timmies egos etc)
Old 12-12-2006, 07:09 PM #10
rluna

rluna is a Moderator
rluna is a Supporting Member
rluna is playing at Living Legends III
yeah, sure looks bad, for any gun, nothing new here, all markers have that stuff happen sometimes. You can look in any forum. Obviously Jack knows that - they do what they can do. In this case, you tell them its a known issue with the reg, soon to be remedied, and now it has been.

RedAkuma, can you post a pic of the two pistons so that we all know the difference between the old and the new?
Old 12-13-2006, 12:52 AM #11
RedAkuma
Respect, give it get it

plays in the NXL
RedAkuma is Boss
rluna will do as soon as i can.

back on topic i have started a list for replacements planning on sending out 1st batch by the end of the week.