has been a member for 10 years
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
abenguyen posts videos on PbNation
abenguyen supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderMan723 View Post
batteries?
nope fresh batteries. i think it has to do with the yellow/black cable that connect the board to the speed chip (the smaller board i guess). it turns on but doesn't spin the motor for the 2 middle prongs, and the two left ones. however it is supposed to be plugged into the two right prongs and it does nothing plugged in there
Old 01-14-2010, 04:33 PM #149
gotrice32

is there anyone in this forum that does this for a fee?

SAMSUNG GEAR VR - NIB
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post96149722

SoCal HITMAN #9
gotrice32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:42 AM #150
googl1
Team SNAP StL

***** !!!!! Pulse Loader Parts !!! ****

Guys:

I called PBL DraXxuS Canada at: 888.595.5993
I live in US and the number worked for me.
I asked if they had Pulse loader parts. THey answered yes. I asked if I could purchase them. THey said for me to request what parts I needed in an e-mail to:sales@buypbl.com and that they would provide a quote with shipping.

Procaps:
Procaps, L.P., 6000 Kieran, Ville St. Laurent, Quebec, Canada H4S 2B5
Tel 514.337.1779

Hopes this helps
Here are some articles relating to Draxxus for more info.
http://www.warpig.com/newswire/prwir...15266042.shtml
http://www.dxspaintball.com/ US company and they DONOT have parts!!!

I searched "Draxxus Canada" and found all this informatin
Old 02-13-2010, 01:12 AM #151
AlsWar

stupid Q tho is it possible to do without using the Halo parts in ur list.
"b. Complete Halo catch cup, raceway cover, gear drive/motor cover and hardware (4/40 screws, pin that holds the belt driven gear in place and shaft bearings, which the pulse's bearings can be used).
c. Drive shaft and cone, rip or regular, your choice."

i have a spare Halo back plate.

my Pulse works fine jst needs a new shell.
AlsWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:23 PM #152
nk707
2010 year of big sean

i tried this a long time ago and ****ed up both my pulse and halo lol
nk707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:22 PM #153
facemower1211
BDM

haha me too.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:19 AM #154
epik808
RED TURTLE MEDIA

epik808 posts videos on PbNation
epik808 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
subscribed
Old 10-18-2010, 02:13 AM #155
ShadowSamurai19

I just finished pulsing my Halo, but it sounds like it's dying. For the battery I simply used the Pulse's harness.
ShadowSamurai19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:30 AM #156
Isoul8tioN
UW-Stout Paintball

Isoul8tioN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Isoul8tioN is an NCPA player
Isoul8tioN plays in the APPA D5 division
I just finished this. It seems to work great. I'll see how it works when I play, but it seems to be functioning as it should. Great tutorial
Isoul8tioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:19 AM #157
IMDGR81
Come get Some

IMDGR81 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
IMDGR81 supports Pev's Paintball
IMDGR81 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
wish the pictures were still there
Old 11-16-2012, 11:50 PM #158
oberonson

oberonson supports Team VICIOUS
oberonson plays in the APPA beginner division
oberonson has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
oberonson supports Empire
Can you please put the pics back in? Some of us have broken Pulses and wanna do this!
oberonson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:43 AM #159
DatSyck

DatSyck supports DLX Technology
Could someone please re upload the pics or make a new guide.. my pulse shell finally broke (the feedneck) and my halo's been laying around!
DatSyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:42 PM #160
ShadowSamurai19

Yea, my old Pulse'd Halo recently broke. I came back here hoping to look at the pictures again to see whats wrong. But no luck. As far as getting parts that canadian number does work. Also these numbers are supposed to work, but I had no luck.

USArocaps Direct 866.688.8880
USA: American Paintball Supply 877.262.2557
EUROPE: Procaps Europe 44 (0)845 6062656 (UK Phone)
Old 06-25-2013, 07:31 PM #161
firebirdude
My Balls-------xYour Face

firebirdude is a Supporting Member
firebirdude has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Bump in hope someone has re-upped pics or their own pics. Also if anyone would like to share any further details, that would be awesome. Like many, I have a working Pulse with a shell that's crumbled to dust from just looking at it.

Here's the OPs thread on another board. Slightly more detailed in some spots, and there are a few YouTube videos that still work.

Old +42/-0 PBNation FEEDBACK!!

Last edited by firebirdude : 06-25-2013 at 07:34 PM.
firebirdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:31 PM #162
firebirdude

POSTED A LITTLE WALKTHROUGH OF MY OWN HERE!

So due to the Pulse being a great conceptual design, but being a complete piece of junk once implemented, I found myself holding a nearly new Pulse with a completely broken feedneck, two broken tabs on the drive tray, busted-out screw hole on battery door (think I opened that door twice its entire life ), and various cracks/chips over the entire hopper. It was basically crumbling to bits after only a few weekends of play. Well I let it sit in the closet for a long time and recently decided to do something about it. I found this thread regarding retrofitting a Pulse into a Halo shell, but it was old and all the pics were dead. Well I happen to have a scrap Halo-A laying around, but the shell was garbage. I bought a Hybrid shell off eBay for cheap and decided to Frankenstein this all together. It ended up being surprisingly easy to do in a down and dirty way. I did not drill a hole for the reverse button because it was late, but you'll see it can easily be done.

What you'll need:
Pulse: Basically just the main board, speed control board, motor, RF chip and wiring. It all comes out in one piece.
Halo: Everything except the main board and motor (full raceway, cone, gears, gear tray, pins, shell, backplate, etc)
Other: Hybrid shell recommended so you don't have to tear everything apart to clean.

Gut the Pulse. You can remove the male/female power connector if you want, but I chose to just snip off both connectors leaving me as much wire as possible. Then I just soldered the two wires together. I guess you can just twist them together and tape if you want, but soldering took me 2 minutes. Then gut the Halo. You'll need to remove the gear tray on the bottom of the raceway which is held in place by three phillips screws.

Install the Pulse's motor into the gear tray in place of the old Halo's motor. I tried using the Pulses gears/drive shaft, but then you run into cone problems. The Pulse's cone/impeller is notched and sits up too high to work properly in the Halo raceway. And trying to use the Halo's cone on the Pulse's driveshaft doesn't work either because there's no way to secure it properly. Try it if you don't believe me, but using all the Halos gears/draftshaft worked best for me. The pic below actually has the Pulses gears in place. Took the pic before I realized it wouldn't work (note the shape at the top of the driveshaft).

Carefully secure the gear tray back onto the raceway, ensuring that the driveshaft is going into place properly, the pin that holds the primary gear in place is seated properly throughout, the drive belt is still around the primary gear and motor, and the motor is sliding into place properly. It should all fit like butter. Use the same three screws you removed from the Halo to secure the gear tray back into place. Be careful not to over-tighten these screws as it will inhibit drivetrain movement. I suggest plugging in a 9V and turning it on now. While running, tighten up the screws and see if you hear any binding of movement. I ran into a bit of this while trying every combination of Halo gears/Pulse gears/Pulse belt/Halo belt/making a hole for the rip drive (recall I'm using a Halo A) that I ended up not needing. As I said, in the end I found using all Halo parts with the Pulse's motor worked best.

Reinstall the halo's bottom circular plastic plate and spring onto the driveshaft, then the Halo's cone over top of that. Just watch the tabs and how it hits the spring. You'll figure it out. Reinstall screw on the tip of the driveshaft to secure the cone into place.

We're going to install the Pulse's mainboard and Halo's backplate next. If you unplugged the harnesses from the board, the 4-pin goes on the left (if you're looking at the pins), the RF chip goes in the middle, and the 2 pin harness plugs in on the right side using the two pins closest to the RF connector (see "2" and line pointing in pic below). If I remember right, the exposed gold connector pieces on the harnesses face upward.

Now wedge the Pulse's main board and Halo's backplate into your new shell. I recommend using the right half of the shell for this (if viewing from rear backplate). As said in the thread linked up top, the top of the board should go into it's slot properly, but the bottom of the board should slide just rearward (towards the backplate more) of it's mounting slot. This puts the board at an angle overall. This gives you some extra clearance for the connectors.

From there, I just slapped everything into that half of the shell. Roughly run the wires up the side towards the nose of the hopper and allow the 9V power connector to go into the battery compartment. Install the raceway/feed tube into that half of the hopper. It will take some finagling but you're basically just cramming it all in there (for lack of a better word, shouldn't take any force). The speed control board, reverse button, and RF chip will sit in the cavity right next to the feed tube. You can drill a hole for the reverse button if you want or tape ups the wire if you want. With Hybrid shells I didn't really care. They're not pinched and once they're in place I shouldn't need to every screw around with them.

Once you have the raceway/feed tube properly seated flat against the feedneck/side of the hopper, slap on the other shell half and top Hybrid cover. You're done!

Old 08-15-2013, 04:53 PM #163
ShadowSamurai19

Thank you firebirddude.
Old 05-12-2016, 06:37 PM #164
frdman

Can someone revive this thread please? I'd like to make a pulse'd halo
frdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:38 PM #165
frdman

Can you revive the photos in the thread please? I'd like to make a pulse'd halo
Old 05-12-2016, 06:46 PM #166
firebirdude

Sorry man, but I have no clue where those pictures are. Been far too long.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:26 AM #167
frdman

Okay. Thanks for replying!