PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-10-2012, 10:51 AM #64
saunders182

has been a member for 10 years
saunders182 supports Team VICIOUS
saunders182 supports Ninja Paintball
I think it has to be finely balanced not as easy as just "throwing weight" onto the bolt. But hey I could be wrong. Only way to find out just do it .....
saunders182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2012, 01:17 PM #65
Mr. Stealthy

Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Have you tried running 15-90 o-rings on the new premium bolt? These are the larger o-rings that TechT includes in the Hush Bolt kit and I found that I could get velocity increases with not only the Hush bolt but the stock bolt as well when I used the larger o-rings. May help you squeeze even more out of the bolt.
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:51 AM #66
ewok11

ewok11 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ewok11 is for the Gunfight
ewok11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When people are saying they drop from 80 to 65 on the lpr? Is this from stock to premium? I have the hush bolt. What kind of drop will I get from that? In the video when he switched from hush to premium there was minimal fps difference making me think it wouldn't affect pressures that much.
ewok11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:36 AM #67
Greatest ION

Greatest ION plays in the PSP
Greatest ION is an NCPA player
In the vid where you sweet spotted regs, have you also sweet spotted it before with the stock bolt and then put in pressure tester to read pressures? I'd like to know if it was the bolt or just the sweet spotting itself that allowed you to have dropped Pressures over stock bolt. In the first vid the stock bilt seems to have the highest velocity closely followed by premium with pillow bolt lacking...and also has anyone gotten confirmed results on that it breaks less paint then a stock g6r bolt? I have a tournament in the cold this weekend wondering if I should grab this real quick.

Last edited by Greatest ION : 11-13-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Greatest ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 AM #68
tim2thousand4

tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
actually the weights are very similar
Old 11-13-2012, 02:49 PM #69
saunders182

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewok11 View Post
When people are saying they drop from 80 to 65 on the lpr? Is this from stock to premium? I have the hush bolt. What kind of drop will I get from that? In the video when he switched from hush to premium there was minimal fps difference making me think it wouldn't affect pressures that much.
In my experience I wasn't a fan of the tech t bolt. Honestly best way to tell is to sweetspot your tech t bolt and then find out your pressures. If its not in the same ballpark as the premium you probably will notice a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest ION View Post
In the vid where you sweet spotted regs, have you also sweet spotted it before with the stock bolt and then put in pressure tester to read pressures? I'd like to know if it was the bolt or just the sweet spotting itself that allowed you to have dropped Pressures over stock bolt. In the first vid the stock bilt seems to have the highest velocity closely followed by premium with pillow bolt lacking...and also has anyone gotten confirmed results on that it breaks less paint then a stock g6r bolt? I have a tournament in the cold this weekend wondering if I should grab this real quick.
Ok here goes. I have sweetspotted the following bolts. Stock, pillow, tech t and premium. Premium being the best and tech t being the worst with the stock being 2nd best and pillow coming in at 3rd. I made sure to use the same case of paint and didn't change out barrel sizes to accommodate. FROM MY TESTING (Once again my opinion.) the premium bolt is the best and the quietest. I'm sure many people have different stories and experiences this is mine.

As far as breaking paint my Dragon broke one in the barrel out of almost 2 cases this weekend. It was like 45-50 slightly drizzling. My luxe with a 2.0 core broke about 5 shooting only about a case and a half.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:59 PM #70
Greatest ION

Greatest ION plays in the PSP
Greatest ION is an NCPA player
That only partially answers my question. Do you break less paint than with the stock bolt. Also, when you sweet spot regs with stock bolt what are your pressures?
Greatest ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:13 PM #71
saunders182

Sweetspotted regs with stock bolt. 285 FPS +/- 4 LPR is 76 HPR is 195

Sweetspotted regs with premium bolt. 285 FPS +/- 4 LPR is 60 HPR 180

I haven't used it enough to say whether or not it breaks less paint. I will say I didn't use my swab once in a game. The barrel break was far enough down I just shot through it and my luxe a ego 11 and a couple other markers were having issues. I will keep you updated though as I'm paying again sat.

Mr. Stealthy I haven't tried those new o-rings yet. I will try to track down a pair. Thanks for the heads up man!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:50 PM #72
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Maybe a stupid question, but aren't most barrel breaks caused by incorrect paintball size to bore matching, deformed paintballs, etc. I understand that a more equal distribution of air across the face of the paintball facing the bolt results in less deformity, but does the bolt choice really make that much difference in general?
Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 AM #73
loki1313
I NEED MY MAKER'S

loki1313 plays in the PSP
loki1313 posts videos on PbNation
loki1313 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
it's not gonna make the gun more accurate or flatter shooting. the people that have used one so far have said it has made it quieter and smoother, haven't seen anything on efficiency gains but its possible
GREED #13

my feedback https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=869074
loki1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:31 AM #74
painterbolt

painterbolt owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
painterbolt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
painterbolt is for the Gunfight
The bolt is very soft on paint. Last practice we were using some very brittle paint, everybody had problems chopping all through out the day. I had none, works great.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:19 AM #75
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colreb View Post
Hey guys,
I'm a new proud G6R owner and am still learning my way around the gun etc. I have a low pressure popet, 4C laser eyes, and am debating about getting the new premium bolt without the pin. All the times I've played with it, the marker has performed extremely well. I like the stock bolt and haven't broken a ball or anything like that yet, knock on wood. I'm in the process of getting a pressure tester with the stock gauges and haven't really been able to "dial in" to the sweet spot. My gun shoots in the 270-286 range. A few weeks ago I had like 3 balls get stuck inside my barrel and the gun was making a put put sound. Went off the field and found that my back screw had gotten loose. Tightened it up and everything seemed to be fine after that. I'm very interestead in getting this new bolt if it's really worth the money. I spoke with Zach this week about it and he said it was a night and day difference. The bolt makes the gun quieter, flatter shot (not exactuly sure what he meant by this, something to do with the pin and the bolt moving back and forth), more air efficent, and, finally, more accurate. If it's worth the $100 I'll, buy one, but I guess I need to try one out first. What are your guys thoughts on it? I've seen several pros/cons mostly being the price tag.
Not this again....

I have no doubt it makes the gun smoother and quieter.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:02 AM #76
Ninjitsu232
DaHalfAznPaintballer

Ninjitsu232 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ninjitsu232 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Standox View Post
As soon as I can find a dealer in Canada I will buy one..
Paintballgear has them!
I fix guns 'n stuff
Ninjitsu232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:47 PM #77
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
Is this just a quest to get the lowest lpr numbers ? I mean if that was the case wouldn't be just all shoot aliens because they are in the 50s range ?

Doesn't dwell significantly affect the feel of a guns shot ?
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:47 PM #78
yuik

yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Or are we assuming the guns all run a dwell of 6 when comparing these bolts ?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:40 AM #79
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuik View Post
Is this just a quest to get the lowest lpr numbers ? I mean if that was the case wouldn't be just all shoot aliens because they are in the 50s range ?

Doesn't dwell significantly affect the feel of a guns shot ?
In terms of the bolt, the advantages are primarily to both lower hpr and lpr pressures. To open a valve with less pressure you need to add more mass. Alien does this with a beefier ram and Bob Long/Eclipse' new upgrades do this with adding some mass to the bolt, the effect is essentially the same. By adding the mass, you of course slow the bolt down some, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what you are trying to achieve. Short answer is: The goal for everyone isn't simply to lower the lpr settings although this may be ideal for some and seems to be the popular trend at the moment in paintball. Years back everyone was trying to lighten out the bolts for faster cycle speeds as an example. There are ton of users who like the marker in its stock configuration which is set up for max efficiency who won't want to change anything.

As far as the dwell goes for a stack tube poppit it is largely a matter of efficiency vs consistency and how gentle the marker is on paint. The lower the dwell, the more efficient the marker is down to a point where the marker isn't running at its full potential. When I lived in Montana and played paintball in the winter, we would often run higher dwell so that we could lower the hpr, which we found would be more gentle on the paint. The nice thing about the G6R and the Vice before it is that you can really change the feel/performance of the marker with the different valve choices which effect the mechanical dwell. The Premium bolt adds in tuning options for those who want to run even lower settings.

As far as why doesn't everyone shoot Aliens, opinions will vary but for me I simply feel Bob makes the better overall marker. The G6R is more efficient, lighter, more ergonomic (my opinion), has valve options to change feel, and the owner/staff are very professional. He is the original He has been the real pioneer of the platform in my eyes. Others companies (Eclipse, Alien, etc.) often just use aspects of his previous designs and make niche changes (some of which are pretty good too). Jack Rice also makes a great gun and this is just my opinion, YMMV.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 12-26-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:46 PM #80
yuik

yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Yeah I have been toying with an alien alot recently . I think they are making nice games similar to the way macdev did in 07-09 .
Old 12-26-2012, 12:47 PM #81
yuik

yuik is an NCPA player
yuik is Legendary
Should I tune my dwell first then regs or do the regs first then dwell .

People thought I was crazy with a dwell of 12 but in 25 degree weather my g6r was so much more consistent than their victories with the factory cookie cutter settings .

I really wish I could shoot my gun with the pressure tester on
Old 12-26-2012, 12:59 PM #82
gamer565
Read the manual!!

gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
gamer565 supports Ninja Paintball
You can shoot the gun with the tester on...
You just can't shoot it with paint..

What you should do/try is start with a "control", so having the dwell at 6ms then sweet spot you're regs and record the pressures. Then fine tune from there either that being adjusting the dwell only or by adjusting dwell and pressures.
Either way it all depends you want to achieve. Max efficiency, lowest pressure, best consistency or a balance of all.
gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:18 PM #83
fsdo_guy

fsdo_guy supports DLX Technology
fsdo_guy supports Shocker RSX
fsdo_guy supports Ninja Paintball
How does the new pillow bolt look on the back of an orig 2011 g6r?
I noticed that the new bolt has an angle cut design on the back it...and it looks really nice on the newer body designs.

But the rear tube of the 11 6r's are straight and flat.

Does the bolt stick out of the back of the gun? Does anyone have a photo of this pairing and what it looks like installed?
fsdo_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:34 PM #84
NJEmortal
weR1

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
NJEmortal plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdo_guy View Post
How does the new pillow bolt look on the back of an orig 2011 g6r?
I noticed that the new bolt has an angle cut design on the back it...and it looks really nice on the newer body designs.

But the rear tube of the 11 6r's are straight and flat.

Does the bolt stick out of the back of the gun? Does anyone have a photo of this pairing and what it looks like installed?
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote