Community Focus

Old 11-14-2007, 12:01 PM #85
kazkid8
whereistodd.com

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
kazkid8 plays in the APPA D4 division
kazkid8 supports Shocker RSX
haveing a good nppl field could cause a rise in popularity of 7man here in the pittsburgh area...where it is all but extinct. Ofcourse, also have an xball field...and maybe a 3rd airball field of whatever...maybe not regulation to cut costs on bunker prices.

this seems cool. ill have to take a look at this place when it sprouts up

ur biggest competition is gonna be Paintball World Pittsburgh...currently they have a 06xball and a 3man hyperball. They are set on the border between Fox Chapel, Shaler, and Hampton...a VERY good location. The prices are really good and have developed a good amount of xball players in 2 years.

Thats one of the reasons i suggest a 7man field so much...but if ur quality, the xball will be very popular also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremonti_usa View Post
So with those two fields WITHOUT an indoor.. I could draw business? I'm sort of going for a layout that will give people an incentive to come TO me.

Would it make that much of a difference (outside of the colder months) if I had an indoor field?
i know one team that'll call you home if u have a 7man indoor.

Last edited by kazkid8 : 11-14-2007 at 12:12 PM.
kazkid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 PM #86
tremonti_usa

This was my original post:

Quote:
Hey, guys. I'm wondering if there'd be a need for a tournament quality field in Pittsburgh. I'm talking 15-20 minutes out of the city..max.

If you'd be interested or have some suggestions on what you think the field should have..lemme know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREAK SHOW View Post
please stop your killing us .......buy the time you get all the township permits and so forth then try to get insurance...you'll be out of money....ECK is trying to build a 3 million dollar indoor by the airport and the permits are holding up construction....I highly dought being a construction worker you can get a lone from the bank for the amount you need???????then prices to even make a profit you'll have to charge the same as everone else.so now how player friendly are you???????
That may be true, but if they are building a three million dollar field..how much of that cost is being attributed to the land? I wouldn't want to try to build anything in Moon Township, let alone just down the road from the airport.

Personally I don't see where everyone is coming off saying it's going to be too expensive. I'm aware of the monetary aspect. My point of being a construction worker is that I have connections for every phase of the construction and could probably get it done for buying the guys lunch or something. A compressor is like 3 grand. Rentals probably another 3-5 grand. I have the land. I have building supplies, because I work in construction and people throw away good materials EVERY DAY. It's ridiculous actually. I won't have everything I need, but I'll have a fair amount.

Anyway, my point is that I don't know where this is going to end up, but my original intent was to ask if there is enough business to support it. I'm not worried about making quality fields. I'm really not. The indoor would be the hardest AND most expensive thing to do.

Money is a problem for everyone whether you have it or not. I don't think it needs any more credibility than that and usually the person that tries to, is a pessimist. I don't want anyone to think I'm being rude, because I'm not.. If you do though; I apologize.

seoul grips
www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1857719

Cheap Paintballs from orderpaintball

Last edited by tremonti_usa : 11-14-2007 at 03:53 PM.
tremonti_usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:56 PM #87
FREAK SHOW

Quote:

That may be true, but if they are building a three million dollar field..how much of that cost is being attributed to the land? I wouldn't want to try to build anything in Moon Township, let alone just down the road from the airport.

Personally I don't see where everyone is coming off saying it's going to be too expensive. I'm aware of the monetary aspect. My point of being a construction worker is that I have connections for every phase of the construction and could probably get it done for buying the guys lunch or something. A compressor is like 3 grand. Rentals probably another 2-3 grand. I have the land. I have building supplies, because I work in construction and people throw away good materials EVERY DAY. It's ridiculous actually.

Anyway, my point is that I don't know where this is going to end up, but my original intent was to ask if there is enough business to support it. I'm not worried about making quality fields. I'm really not. The indoor would be the hardest AND most expensive thing to do.
NO
and I highley dought you can get a contractor to do anything for a sandwich.with the price of gas and soforth.
THIS POST IS WORTHLESS

Last edited by FREAK SHOW : 11-14-2007 at 05:39 PM.
FREAK SHOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 04:00 PM #88
tremonti_usa

Quote:
NO
and I highley dought you can get a contractor to do anything for a sandwich.with the price of gas and soforth.
THIS POST IS WORTHLESS A
Okay buddy. Move along and when you're gone..learn to spell. You should probably also see if there is any reason for pent up frustration. No need for blatant negativity. It's sort of hard for me to be patient with you when you're being pretty negative and all that. Again, I'm not trying to be rude..at this point I just felt some reciprocation was in order.

You're assuming far too much. I have all kinds of people that will loan me machines (I'd just have to fuel them up) and will pick up a hammer to help me out and that's about what it amounts to. Seriously..no need to assume things. I was always told growing up that to assume means to make an arse out of you and me. I think that's true. It usually manifests itself into a completely unnecessary argument. Along with your giant bold letters and a cut off sentence. Even if it was going to be ignorant I'd still like the opportunity to hear you out.

If anyone has anything more positive to say..feel free. Sorry for the hiccup.

seoul grips

Last edited by tremonti_usa : 11-14-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:16 PM #89
tremonti_usa

The reason why prices are too high and labor is too short all over the country is that too many people are trying to turn a buck into ten over night. Everyone is running short staffed and prices are marked up to increase the profit margin. My opinion that when this is done eventually it all has to reset itself.. It's like a battery it'll only last for so long and then it's dead.

You can't expect it to work that way. You have your overhead and you have your profit. I'm not out to make 50 grand a year out of this paintball field. If I make 5-10 I'd be happy. I don't really care. I don't care about money. I care about enjoyment. There wouldn't be so many crack head steroiders in pro sports if they weren't trying to squeeze ahead for extra camera time and a few more million on their contracts. It's all BS.

Sorry for the rant. Just my opinion.

seoul grips

Old 11-14-2007, 05:50 PM #90
FREAK SHOW

If you had half a brain you wouldn't post to ask 13 year old kid's about putting up a field.I to know alot of contractors from the Pittsburgh area so I'll start asking what punk kid wants to start a field with all there help.
let's see what I can strum up.I'd stop know with this thread cause if it ever happened you'll be the laugh of the town

Last edited by FREAK SHOW : 11-14-2007 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:45 PM #91
tremonti_usa

I'm not going to argue with you. Period. If you keep it up, I'll get a mod in here. I'm not delving into anything further with you. You'll be ignored.

seoul grips

Old 11-14-2007, 06:50 PM #92
FREAK SHOW

"O" i know who you are you shot a 06 cyborg...not to many people have a borg.and you had
a black impulse before that yes yes yes I know now.I can picture the face but can't think of the name.It will come to me.I believe I ran into you at urban asault

Last edited by FREAK SHOW : 11-14-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:28 PM #93
tremonti_usa

Quote:
"O" i know who you are you shot a 06 cyborg...not to many people have a borg.and you had
a black impulse before that yes yes yes I know now.I can picture the face but can't think of the name.It will come to me.I believe I ran into you at urban asault
Nah, you didn't. I just got the borg about a month ago. I did have an imp, but it was sold before I even moved back up to pittsburgh. So, no..again you're assuming. Pretty ironic you knew about the impulse. Although I can assure you, you've never seen me OR my impulse at UA. Have a good one.

seoul grips

Old 11-14-2007, 07:32 PM #94
tremonti_usa

If anyone else has anything interesting or relevant to throw into the boiling pot..go for it.

seoul grips

Old 11-14-2007, 07:52 PM #95
pbgames

I really do not care if you build your field or not. I would offer some advice though. I would say that you should take 1 day per weekend and visit every field within 3 hours of Pittsburgh. Do a head count. Crunch the numbers and I bet you will not be able to justify the investment let alone the time.

One thing you may not realize is that most players are younger adults who have NO LOYALTY to the people that have helped them in this sport. They will leave the field that currently sponsors them as long as you promise them the world. The minute you want something from them, they will run from your field like you have the plague. I won't post names but all you need to do is read the local threads to see which teams and players jump around. (I'm not reffering to players that move for legitimate reasons)

Another thing to look at is your pro shop. between punishers, compulsive and Smart Parts, you are going up against some heavy hitters with a tremendous amount of knowledge and success.

Throw in All American and Pittsburgh Airport Paintball Park and you are challenging two of the better financed operations in the country let alone the local area.

As far as the tournament scene...you can have the nicest field for 100 miles. Truth is, players don't need a nice field. What they need is instruction. Unless you can teach a player how to be better, they probably won't get any better.

Last but not least, paintball is in a decline at the time. Sponsorships and manufactures deals are getting tighter by the day.

Treat this as any business. Leave the emotions out of your decision and good luck.

Last edited by pbgames : 11-14-2007 at 07:56 PM.
pbgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:24 PM #96
str8Ripa16
Certified SP Tech

wow the guys just asking questions and getting feedback... no reason to be dicks about it...

Referring to Freakshow...

MXcNS

Last edited by str8Ripa16 : 11-14-2007 at 08:29 PM.
str8Ripa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:17 PM #97
BIG T25

BIG T25 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
BIG T25 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
please stop your killing us .......buy the time you get all the township permits and so forth then try to get insurance...you'll be out of money....ECK is trying to build a 3 million dollar indoor by the airport and the permits are holding up construction....I highly dought being a construction worker you can get a lone from the bank for the amount you need???????then prices to even make a profit you'll have to charge the same as everone else.so now how player friendly are you???????
There aren't any problems with permits. They just don't have Plumbing and sewage yet so they have to get thsoe things before they can get an occupancy permit. It's not like they are trying to get it passed for them to be allowed to build etc.

They are just taking their time lol.

BTW: It's not in moon township; It's in Hopwell township which is in Beaver county. There is quite a difference in costs between the two counties.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:36 PM #98
painterx
1 COOL Mo Fo

Sorry to bust your bubble but pbgames is right the compitition between fields in the pittsburgh area is insane.trp,paintball world,urban,daves,aapp,eck airport,and the golf corse one that just opened in hampton and renegade,xtream in westmifflin thats 9 places trying to compete with in a 50 mile raidius.I know theres more. aapp tryed the collage team thing and so did urban assault but it never worked .so now your back to square 1 the players the woods ballers have there dedicated fields like trp and urban and to keep a speed baller happy is insane.and about 3 years ago a city cop opened a indoor in the north hills in a warhouse off mcknight road and went belly up in a year he had 2 speedball fields indoors no outdoors and that was a nice place.so that rulles out NH.and swickley from what I herd that the big sports complex on neville island was going to start indoor paintball just for winter.but you should of known that with all the investigating you did before you thought hey let's open a field.all I'm trying to say is do your homework it's not easy relying on the paintball world to make you rich those days are gone.
ALL HALE THE MILITA IS COMING
painterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:59 PM #99
autococker06

You guys are all so negative give it a chance. Ive been to a ton of feilds in this area, and seen some of the most successful all but empty, while feilds like pbworld with a good community get a good gathering every sunday.
The problem with punishers and all americans proshops and compulsive, is that they are really impersonal, like charging to take apart guns for the newer guys, thats stuff i see as stupid.

So basicaly i say have some sort of positive outlook on this.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:51 AM #100
Ironman in xs

Quote:

Personally I don't see where everyone is coming off saying it's going to be too expensive. I'm aware of the monetary aspect. My point of being a construction worker is that I have connections for every phase of the construction and could probably get it done for buying the guys lunch or something. A compressor is like 3 grand. Rentals probably another 3-5 grand. I have the land. I have building supplies, because I work in construction and people throw away good materials EVERY DAY. It's ridiculous actually. I won't have everything I need, but I'll have a fair amount.

Money is a problem for everyone whether you have it or not. I don't think it needs any more credibility than that and usually the person that tries to, is a pessimist. I don't want anyone to think I'm being rude, because I'm not.. If you do though; I apologize.
Quote:
Seriously..no need to assume things
Seriously do you remember when you said these quotes???
Quote:
I could probably get the paint for 20ish a case
get it done for buying the guys lunch or something.

Quote:
I don't care about money
OHHH and do you remember when you said this????
Quote:
At the end of the day it's all about dollars and cents

Quote:
If they're already sponsored and I have to beat out their current sponsors to get them..
Paintball is in small world.. go ahead and step on your toes now. NOT SMART

Quote:
MOST are sub-par. The fields are thrown together cheaply and they charge 60 bucks a case for mediocre paint. That's ridiculous. That IS also why I rarely play at fields, because they're too expensive for what you get. I fill my tank at a field..and I buy some cheap paint off the internet. I go out and I play. That's what I do 3/4 of the time,
OH and I suppose you forgot about saying this????
Cheaply what do you call AAPP or TRP or soon to be APP.. MY FRIEND NOT CHEAPLY DONE!!!!
SIZE="4"]Personally I don't see where everyone is coming off saying it's going to be too expensive.[/size]

That is because there are a few people in hear that have a little bit of an idea what it takes to open and run a field....
Quote:
I haven't even started looking to try to track down a piece of land suitable yet.
Quote:
Well, I think I tracked down some land off of 79. It's on Duff Road. Sort of in the sewickley area. 6 acres
Are you out of your freakin' mind???? LOL $$$$$$$

Quote:
The biggest thing is going to be trying to get a bank to give me a loan on this. How often do you think people go in a bank and be like.. I want to make a professional quality paintball field...
Yeah and guess what they want some hard facts on paper and suppose that if you don't care about money I'll be waiting at you door when the Sheriff comes and sells your crap....

Quote:
I'm going about this as logically as possible
Not from what I seen yet... hahaha yeah well enough said

Quote:
ask if there is enough business to support it.
That is what you got and you still think there is market??? Take you blinders off and look at what everyone else has told you!!

Your asking for peoples opinions and your getting them but your only listing to what you want to hear.. Get the picture the whole picture..
Ironman in xs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:20 AM #101
HercTPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgames View Post
I really do not care if you build your field or not. I would offer some advice though. I would say that you should take 1 day per weekend and visit every field within 3 hours of Pittsburgh. Do a head count. Crunch the numbers and I bet you will not be able to justify the investment let alone the time.

One thing you may not realize is that most players are younger adults who have NO LOYALTY to the people that have helped them in this sport. They will leave the field that currently sponsors them as long as you promise them the world. The minute you want something from them, they will run from your field like you have the plague. I won't post names but all you need to do is read the local threads to see which teams and players jump around. (I'm not reffering to players that move for legitimate reasons)

Another thing to look at is your pro shop. between punishers, compulsive and Smart Parts, you are going up against some heavy hitters with a tremendous amount of knowledge and success.

Throw in All American and Pittsburgh Airport Paintball Park and you are challenging two of the better financed operations in the country let alone the local area.

As far as the tournament scene...you can have the nicest field for 100 miles. Truth is, players don't need a nice field. What they need is instruction. Unless you can teach a player how to be better, they probably won't get any better.

Last but not least, paintball is in a decline at the time. Sponsorships and manufactures deals are getting tighter by the day.

Treat this as any business. Leave the emotions out of your decision and good luck.
I love it when you take the time to post!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 11:40 AM #102
PB-World
PPSC

Last edited by PB-World : 11-15-2007 at 11:55 AM.
PB-World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:37 PM #103
painterx
1 COOL Mo Fo

HE'S not responding. maybe he's buzzy working for a sandwich
ALL HALE THE MILITA IS COMING
painterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:15 PM #104
str8Ripa16
Certified SP Tech

damn why u all gotta give him problems... he was just asking for advice and what better place than a paintball forum...

MXcNS
str8Ripa16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:22 PM #105
Deceptionfront26
Looking for a team..

you guys are all gay...the guy was looking for postive advice about if it would be possible to open another field and if so some things people would want in the field. a simple "no, it wont work" or something like that would be fine. Not, this will fail or **** like that. half the people on here are saying finally some "adults" are talking and stop listining to the "kids". The ****ing kids are giving more input and positive feedback that they know it all "adults"

*NKnation* Support!

I play for you?
Deceptionfront26 is offline   Reply With Quote