PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-21-2009, 07:42 PM #442
deadpooll
Loudmouth

has been a member for 10 years
Let me say two things. First off we were at our depot waiting for a prop drop and three unarmed Krupp players came up to us. We could have lit them up as they were the enemy but they said they were just trying to find a way our. One also said he was asking if we saw a hopper. We did not fire one shot at them. We let them pass since the were unarmed.

Second, what was with people not getting off the field when they were out. At least three times we came upon 3-4 people just standing aorund with their guns and no barrel condom on them. Since they were enemies we shot at them and they start screaming we are out. So we tell them to get off the field or else they will continue to get shot at.

The last one was walking to the final battle. 4 guys were in the woods just standing there. We asked if they were out and did not get an answer. Only after we shot at them did they say they were out. The ref then started screaming at them to get off the field. One guy starting yelling back at the ref.

If you are out get off the damn field or put your barrel condom on your gun so everyone can see unless you want to get shot.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2009, 07:45 PM #443
Team Zyklon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpooll View Post
Even after a shower last night and a good nights sleep I am still sore. What a fun time it was. Once again I had a blast. Wow, so many people to thank.

First off let me say thank you to my all the guys on Tyrell for another great weekend of paintball. It is always a crszy, screwy fun time playing with you guys. I wouldn't have it any other way. Huge thanks to Eldon for putting up with all my crap. I know sometimes I can give you a headache sometimes. To big John, Mark and Phillips Sr., thanks for keeping all of us well fed throughout the weekend.

To Rob Woo, Fishkopp, Mario, PC Box and all of the Hellkatz, it was a blast running with you guys. You guys really know how to take the role playing to another level. Sometimes I think Rob was born for role playing. That man is truly nuts, but in a good way.

To Larry and his crew, you guys did an awesome job for us. Hope we get to role the field again sometime. Larry you are always cool in my book. Kudos to Stickboy Murdell, hope I got that right, on the MVP award. Also, to our newest role player Tadpole. Your exploits on Friday in that pimp suit were talked about all weekend long. You asked about the role playing and after it was explained, you ran with it. Picked up $150,000 for us. Nice job

Ahh The Frog, it was finally good to meet you. It just amazed me all the things you were doing. Everytime I turned around I was hearing stories about The Frog. It seemed you were everywhere. Nice job rushing the Germans during the beach battle. Sorry you got lit up. Stil, I must say without all your antics the game would have been a little less lively. Thanks again and I'll keep listening to the French Broadcasting System.

To Lara Croft, GI Joe and all of Team Nighthawk you guys did an amzing job for us all weekend. Glad on Sunday I finally got to hit the field with you. It was awesome pushing the Krupp guys off the field. Thanks also to Lara Croft and her fire display on Saturday night. If you weren't lucky enough to see it you miissed an amazing show.

Thanks Skirmish for another great paintball weekend and hope everyone else had as much fun as I did.

Finally, I must also say sorry to Noah harper for not making it to the Campsite Cookoff on Saturday. I eneded up on the field to almost 7:30 moving props. Did the cookoff even happen?
They all missed the fire show because they were at the Krupp party if they were cool.

Crossfire, Inc. www.crossfireinc.com
Old 07-21-2009, 08:06 PM #444
BennyT
Oderint dum metuant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpooll View Post

Second, what was with people not getting off the field when they were out. At least three times we came upon 3-4 people just standing aorund with their guns and no barrel condom on them. Since they were enemies we shot at them and they start screaming we are out. So we tell them to get off the field or else they will continue to get shot at.
I was on patrol in the back field with my buddy and this problem led to a fist fight. Some guy was sitting on a log, apparently out, but he got shot up by another squad who was clearing the area and what started as a verbal argument about them not seeing his barrel condom vs why was he still on the field, turned into a shoving match with punches being thrown and people trying to pull the two of them apart. We were about 50 yards away and the refs quickly closed in on the situation so we moved on and didn't involve ourselves, but if the jerk had just left the field instead of sitting there, then the other group wouldn't have shot him and the whole situation wouldn't have happened. That was the only altercation I saw all weekend and could have been so easily avoided. Get off the field! Dont just sit there! We couldn't tell whether he was out from where we were so I don't his excuse that his barrel condom was on is very credible, esp since his gun wasn't obviously up and he wasn't making any effort to leave the field.

That's just how we saw it from our angle. I'm sure there are other versions, but he sure wasn't going any place.
West Point MVT 08|Paras Pelaaja, Finland 08|HN Red Dawn MVP 09|West Point MVP 09| MasterBlaster & Assault Ribbon, Kilsbergsbataljen #8|Viper Extravaganza EMR 10, MOFO

SPbTV.AC Uppsala.Wizeguy

Proud and northernmost member of the 518
Old 07-21-2009, 08:09 PM #445
officer J
"TAP"

[IMG][/IMG]

We partied like rockstars...while the shroom partied like a retirement home

"You do have the right to remain silent, what you lack is the ability."

I see guilty people.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:16 PM #446
xenophon5456

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHTOWER View Post
actually jf was NEVER 101ST we were on the right side of the beach ... you know the area .. thats where the german line fell and the allies broke thru ..
that was our area of responsiblitly and we did our job
the beach fell and the allies if i have it correct controlled 3 outta the 5 flags on the beach when the whistle blew
so i think we more then backed up our smack talk and seeing how the germans were never able to get to our base using the beach after the game started proves it as well .... i believe your hq was blown up got news for ya .. that was a jf member who did it and i believe your general was a little upset to say the least when he found out who did it seeing how he was in your base the ENTIRE GAME feeding intel and then was asked to help protect the general lol
the germans won the game and the allies lost nothing i can say about that except good job
i think you only had 1 of the 5 at the whistle. the score was something like 3 to 17 when the beach ended.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:52 PM #447
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HeartlessJersey owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenophon5456 View Post
i think you only had 1 of the 5 at the whistle. the score was something like 3 to 17 when the beach ended.
I would definitely like to have that fact checked.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:59 PM #448
xenophon5456

Yeh I'm not saying it for certain, but that's what i was told after the beach ended. Allies had 3 flags with a few seconds to go, but one of my guys flipped a flag i guess a spy flipped with a few seconds left, and i think the push in the last few seconds by the Germans ended in the 2nd flag on our left being flipped also. Someone in command can confirm that though.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:30 PM #449
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

3 to 17 at beach end doesn't make sense though. I don't see how that many points could've been scored, given that some of the flag stations were neutral for the scoring times.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM #450
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

dstanley753 posts videos on PbNation
dstanley753 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
dstanley753 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessJersey View Post
I would definitely like to have that fact checked.
Beach was scored 3 to 17 in favor of the Germans.

So Hightower are you trying to say that Ravenwolf or Noah was the spy??? They were the only ones in the CP all day other than Ghost and Frenchie.

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-21-2009, 09:39 PM #451
xenophon5456

each flag was worth 1 each half hour so for the 2 hours it totaled 20 points.....there was also the airborne points worth 2 but i have no idea what happened there.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:43 PM #452
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

Quote:
each flag was worth 1 each half hour so for the 2 hours it totaled 20 points.....
Then, given the fact that some of the beaches were neutral at the scoring times how can the scores add up to 20?

That's why I'm asking for a check.

If the score at the end of the beach as 17-3 with the 101st bridges being counted in (I don't know their points either), then it's different. But theres no way that the score as 17-3 from the beach alone.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 PM #453
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

Quote:
Then, given the fact that some of the beaches were neutral at the scoring times how can the scores add up to 20?

That's why I'm asking for a check.

If the score at the end of the beach as 17-3 with the 101st bridges being counted in (I don't know their points either), then it's different. But theres no way that the score as 17-3 from the beach alone.
Trust me man it was 17-3 at the end of the beach. And I think 35-6 at the end of the day before props were added in.

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-21-2009, 10:15 PM #454
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstanley753 View Post
Trust me man it was 17-3 at the end of the beach. And I think 35-6 at the end of the day before props were added in.
Then explain to me how it happened. How much was the beach and how much was the rest of the points from the 101st objectives?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 PM #455
SkirmishRef3213

ION this year was greatt!! Reffing it and also playing it. It seemed to go alot more smoother and be alot more controlled. Im so glad i was able to participate in ION once more before i leave for bootcamp. I must say though it deff wasnt easy cleaning the fields hahaha but its well worth all the funn
Old 07-21-2009, 10:31 PM #456
xenophon5456

i cant explain how it happened because i wasn't scoring it, but the beach was worth 20 and the airborne missions were worth 2. so a total of 22 points for the first 2 hours. From what i hear, a bridge got blown up so you probably got at least 1 point for airborne, maybe you got 2 points for the beach and 1 was lost for a neutral flag? if we knew how many neutral flags there were it would probably start to make sense.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:32 PM #457
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

The Beach was worth a total of 20 points scored on the 1/2 hour makers.

So at 1230 there were 5 points available
1300 5 more
1330 5 more
1400 5 more

The Allieds only controlled 3 flags during moments of scoring. Plus the 101st scored 2 points for a bridge demo.

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 PM #458
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

Quote:
i cant explain how it happened because i wasn't scoring it, but the beach was worth 20 and the airborne missions were worth 2. so a total of 22 points for the first 2 hours. From what i hear, a bridge got blown up so you probably got at least 1 point for airborne, maybe you got 2 points for the beach and 1 was lost for a neutral flag? if we knew how many neutral flags there were it would probably start to make sense.
101st accomplished 1 out of their 2 bridges.

I know Omaha and Utah were neutral for at least one scoring cycle, Utah possible for two, Omaha definitely only for one. Omaha scored German, Neutral, Allied, and then German again, in sequential order.

At one point I was being told the Allies held 3 out of 5 flags on the beach - which is what makes the score so confusing to me.

Edit: Did the Axis score points for preventing the second 101st bridge demo?

Goose - so the game was 17-5 at the end of the beach, including the points from the 101st? There must've been German points for the second bridge because theres no way all 17 points are from the beach.

Last edited by HeartlessJersey : 07-21-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:39 PM #459
xenophon5456

allies did have 3 flags right before the end, but didnt hold it until the time for scoring. 2 of them were turned just before and allies only received 1 point at 2:00 i believe

maybe you only received 1 point for the beach at Omaha and then the other 2 were from airborne?

Last edited by xenophon5456 : 07-21-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:48 PM #460
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

All I know is that the official score at 2pm was 17-3. I was right next to Pete when it was announced and my team captain (the in tent XO) confirmed it.

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS
Old 07-21-2009, 10:51 PM #461
HeartlessJersey
Murphy

Quote:
allies did have 3 flags right before the end, but didnt hold it until the time for scoring. 2 of them were turned just before and allies only received 1 point at 2:00 i believe

maybe you only received 1 point for the beach at Omaha and then the other 2 were from airborne?
I can only confirm Omaha because that was my team/Company's beach. I had information from MY team captain, an XO as well, that we were scoring other beaches at the same time.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I don't want to make this a big thing, to be honest I'm just curious. I wish there was some kind of published scoring history to show what flag stations at what times. It would be very interesting to see how the whole thing played out on paper, compared to just the feeling I got on the field as a player.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:55 PM #462
dstanley753
XOXO ~ Mad Hatter

Quote:
I can only confirm Omaha because that was my team/Company's beach. I had information from MY team captain, an XO as well, that we were scoring other beaches at the same time.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I don't want to make this a big thing, to be honest I'm just curious. I wish there was some kind of published scoring history to show what flag stations at what times. It would be very interesting to see how the whole thing played out on paper, compared to just the feeling I got on the field as a player.
A tally board would be cool. And I don't think your being a dick at all.

GraveDiggersPaintball
Team Elder/ SGT at ARMS