Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 AM #1
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

AR15 guy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Why all the Azodin hate?

I have to ask this...I see people here and on other forums bashing the Azodin line of markers. I'm going to assume most have never touched one, let alone play with one. Between my brother and I we own 3. All have been flawless and work very well.

I have been playing paintball since before electros were even out. Back when cockers and mags were the kings. That is when I got my first cocker, then progressed into tourney ball. Since I have owned almost ever SP gun made, several egos, some bob long stuff, and these azodins. So I have owned everything from a Piranha STS up to high end spools and poppets.

Last year I decided to get back into paintball. I wanted a gun that would shoot PSP, run co2 (if forced to), light, and wouldn't break the bank. Since I had attempted to make a crazy e-spyder years ago, I decided to try a used Zenith. I got it for $130 off ebay and was instantly impressed. All I did was throw a feedneck on it and shoot the crap out of it. I liked it so much I talked my brother into a 2011 blitz. His has been flawless also.

We have had no paint breaking issues, no leaks, no anything out of these guns. They are much better than people give them credit for. If you do get a leak then it is going to be a simple fix. IMO these guns are a MUCH better first gun than an Extcy or something of that nature. Having to adjust dwell, ROF, and changing a lot of o-rings can be a little overwhelming for young first time players. I will agree the Extcy is better for guys looking to play tournaments, or guys who are starting to get super serious on a budget. However, for a veteran like myself the Azodin offers all the performance I feel I need in a light, cheap, and easy to use package.

SKILL > EQUIPMENT
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2012, 11:14 AM #2
nerdcore
Radical!

nerdcore is a top reviewer
nerdcore is Legendary
People are hating on Azodins? I haven't noticed this. What are they saying exactly?
Old 03-07-2012, 11:28 AM #3
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
Haven't heard anyone bashing on azodins, I just know my cousin and my uncle have one and I guess they got unlucky because they bring their azodin (blitz's i think) every time we go paintball and they always end up using rentals because their guns just don't work. I'm not sure if they have gotten them fixed yet, but I know they have had a lot of problems with it.
Xal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:31 PM #4
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

People seem to.complain about reliability issues. Of course people call them pos spyder clones also.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:56 PM #5
Xal
Red Text

Eh my old spyder is still more reliable than their azodins and i've had it for 8 years.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:03 PM #6
Azodin Tech
Azodin staff technician

Azodin quality issues

The main gripe people have with our markers usually pretains to air leaks. Always a simple fix (O-rings), but people tend to over think it. I also see alot of people with de-cocking issues who have their reg turned off lol.
Azodin Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 PM #7
Azodin Tech
Azodin staff technician

Ps

And yes I'm SURE most who detract have never actually touched an Azodin. Folks love to post from the hip
Azodin Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:30 PM #8
Xal
Red Text

I've touched an azodin. Next time I see my cousin if his gun still isn't working I'll check to see if it has to do with what you suggested.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:32 PM #9
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA beginner division
I loved my KP. I want a KP+ now, but I have other priorities.

Last edited by i8somepie : 03-07-2012 at 01:53 PM.
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:16 PM #10
trianglesandtweed
The limit does not exist.

trianglesandtweed plays in the PSP
trianglesandtweed supports Team VICIOUS
only gripe i have is that they're loud as #$^. had some guy next to me rolling his gun and i thought i was gonna go deaf lol
trianglesandtweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:04 AM #11
MrSk8nPaint
Studder

MrSk8nPaint plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
MrSk8nPaint plays in the APPA D2 division
Azodin was handing my old team critical (now the pro team) Zeniths for free before they were released to the public. We had such bad expierences... A gun literally blew apart. The top body from the trigger frame, don't ask me how. All I know is I am lucky to still have a hand. It was almost like trying to shoot paintballs threw a juicer. They are loud, kicky (by paintball standards), bulky, poorly made.
The makers of Azodin once were high up in Spyder, they left and decided to make their own company. They should've just stuck to their day job. All the Azodin markers are just worse made spyders with flimsy triggers and terrible electropmneumatic parts.
HKArmy
APX
MrSk8nPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:14 PM #12
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

I would have to see that to believe it. "Kicky" compared to a fully electro pneumatic gun? Of course...it is a blow back. Compared to old spyders it is by no means bulky or kicky. With a good paint barrel match it is no louder than the etek I used to own.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 PM #13
bmarsh4
Attention!!!!

bmarsh4 supports Pev's Paintball
bmarsh4 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bmarsh4 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
bmarsh4 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Bottom line here is folks who take care of their crap and learn how to do proper maintenance on their stuff don't have these types of reliability issues. And I'd hardly use a pre-release malfunction of a free gun to condemn the production line of the same markers. From my understanding, the guys who left spyder to form azodin did so because spyder was resistant to conform to paintball industry standards like all the threads on the entire gun (feedneck and barrel included) as well as those retarded offset or side by side asa mounting holes. I believe that there are only so many ways a poppet marker can be made so call it a spyder clone all you want...If that's the case I'm going to call the mini and etha, mag clones. I'm going to call all spool guns ion clones. And lastly the ego and intimidator series of guns autococker clones. Each of the aforementioned guns would not exist without the prior existence of the latter mentioned marker. New paintball giants are really men standing on the shoulders of previous paintball giants. All this from someone who has been playing for about three years...and I digress.
bmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:32 PM #14
a Lane Shift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azodin Tech View Post
The main gripe people have with our markers usually pretains to air leaks. Always a simple fix (O-rings), but people tend to over think it. I also see alot of people with de-cocking issues who have their reg turned off lol.
You mean like when my hammer o-ring was completely disintegrated after only 3 hours of play? (yes, the gun was lubed before play, and played perfect the first day, but a couple weeks later..well..not so much)

I've owned alot of guns in my years too, but i got these new guns to NOT have to mess with them every play day. So far, going to a field 4 days so far since getting them...and only 2 of those times were they working without me needing to open them up to some degree.

That is where i stand on them. Once the season picks up more, i'll be able to tell more clearly how these are gna handle on the long haul, but so far, they are not doing any better than the guns they were purchased to replace.

Oh, and the fact they packaged the wrong 'spare parts' w/ both my Kaos-D's...

I call 'em like i see 'em...sorry bout it.
a Lane Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:23 PM #15
AR15 guy
I'm not agg

For what its worth, I haven't done anything to mine and haven't shredded a single oring or had any issues. I've shot at least 6 cases and they sat for long periods between.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 AM #16
firststrike01
Peace is the way

I just bought a kaos as an extra gun and played with it the first time saturday. It is kinda loud but its mechanical so its expected. My biggest gripe is I cant go thru a single hopper without a break.
firststrike01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:09 PM #17
legalgunsrule
Former owner of Coop

legalgunsrule supports Ninja Paintball
The quality of the orings put in at the factory are questionable causing leaking issues out of the box.
Aurora IL 60505

Last edited by legalgunsrule : 04-17-2012 at 07:14 PM.
legalgunsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:10 PM #18
Pdubs

Pdubs is playing at Living Legends VI
Pdubs owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pdubs is for the Gunfight
Pdubs has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
As towards the leaks, I reccomend buying an o-ring kit from a 3rd party like o-ring monkey. Get Buna Nitrate ones, and include some quality lube with it. Re-oring the bolt and other o-rings when you get it, lube it and then replace the stock barrel. If you REALLY want to make it nice and quiet/lower pressure, get the Zero bolt to drop your Psi from ~400 to ~260. and if you REALLY REEEEEEALLY want to make it absolutely the softest on paint, get a maddman spring kit and AKA tornado valve (the spyder one) and then throw the medium springs on it. This will turn it from a "paintblender" into a much quieter, lower pressure, and easier on the paint gun.

Azodin, I feel as if your next line of guns would benefit from a LPR to regulate the pressure that's moving the bolt. My own Kaos-D was a bit.....forceful.... on certain paints. To be fair, they were quite brittle, but my other Mech guns shot them quite alright (I had Evil for tourney play earlier)

Last edited by Pdubs : 05-28-2012 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Grammer and spelling
Pdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:11 AM #19
JohnnyP25

JohnnyP25 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I haven't had any personal experiences with Azodin markers, but have heard and read good things about them thus far.
JohnnyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:22 PM #20
99BPS

I've used a lot of the newer lines, and the quality has increased dramatically recently. I mean my Kaos pump did have a slight leak, but Orings solved that problem. I agree with the tech, i've never seen a blitz or zenith problem that was not O-ring related. Replacing stock orings would be suggested,

Azodin, perhaps better Orings in future runs?
Mech: GoG EnmeY
Pump: Az KP2, Pre2K WGP PumPed Cocker
Old School: Evil Pimp #1: Black/Silver
Super Pimp (#2): *Minty stock* SuperMan color swap
99BPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:44 AM #21
azodinkaozpp

azodinkaozpp owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
i have a azodin pump and havent had one problem
azodinkaozpp is offline   Reply With Quote