PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 11-06-2005, 07:36 PM #1
MonsterD

has been a member for 10 years
Miami= Crap!!!

WOW... once upon a time... nppl was actually preety good...
now... its very ****TY!!!
refing is crap... games are lame (all the top teams played really slow)
THE MAIN FIELD WAS ABSOLUTE ****!!! that was the worst setup i've seen since... well ever... it was the slowest played field of all times.... it really sucked.

the way games were run... = CRAP!! they fowarded the PRO finals before the other div. so when it was done... everyone left...

REFS= CRAP
SCHEDULE= CRAP
OverALL= CRAP!!!

I hope that ESPN is able to edit all the stalemates into some really great footage... cause there was minimal amounts of action after the break...
NPPL needs to step it up...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2005, 07:40 PM #2
69lobo69

it wasnt that bad
Old 11-06-2005, 07:41 PM #3
AtomixGarrett

sounds like some one is mad cause noone watched his team after the pros were done...
Old 11-06-2005, 07:56 PM #4
Scrout Hunter

Reffing So Now What

Yea I got out of Reffing Nppl and I saw it coming . It was pretty bad in San Diego. Chuck needs to keep a steady group the whole season. Dont fly in have a Ref class the week before for fools that have never reffed tournament or a game in their entire life.
I think it so bad right now NPPL refs that do the circut are good but there is probably only seven. The addition of Boogie was a + but he's only on 1 field The classes dont do anything but teach you the rules
on Field experience is what counts. I caught so many players with illegal guns
They just said let them play. Sometimes wearing 3 shirts and padded pants no tank cover is also a good one easily wiped. Do you think in baseball or football your going to see some Ref that was trained a week before the event.
I think part of it is because Phil Dominguez is also to busy doing XPSL events. Dan Perez is driving in a golf cart smoozing the teams & industry peps
Chuck is way to Busy with TV & Media contracts

I am a great ref and am going to make sure reffing will improve in 06 starting with HB event in March.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:06 PM #5
TK Geoff

Way to be modest... haha jk. Good luck with that.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:13 PM #6
kazkid8
whereistodd.com

plays in the NXL
kazkid8 plays in the APPA D4 division
kazkid8 supports Shocker RSX
uuum....idt it was nppl's fault...paintball.com kinda has the lowdown (saterday report) i think that it was 100% ESPN's fault....omg it was

espn, dont be *****s....let us put on the show we want to....dont wine about short games....if you want ratings, it's gotta be cool....not lame *** stuff....

i bet this coverage will be gayer than the NXL coverage they did period

am i pissed? yes...very
Old 11-06-2005, 08:25 PM #7
MonsterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomixGarrett
sounds like some one is mad cause noone watched his team after the pros were done...
AHAHAAAA HAAAHAAAAH
you make me laugh...
if that was the case... at least my team came in top 4... how did you do?
Old 11-06-2005, 09:13 PM #8
assa

i agree w. monsterD
the NPPL started the year off AWESOME with HB, but finished it horribly with frikkin miami.

i mean, the venue pretty bad, the field layouts were horrible, the vendors are was pretty crappy too...

worst than any psp event all season.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:13 PM #9
Cory688
Can't ban the snowman

Cory688 is a Supporting Member
Cory688 plays in the APPA D4 division
Cory688 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Cory688 is Boss
yeah... worst event of the year

i still had a hell of a time.. but it was a little wack

--if it would have mattered for my team, i would have gone crazy.. we played our 5:55 game saturday night in the dark against sin.. got up 5 on 2, maybe 5 on 3.. and then couldnt close because WE COULDNT SEE THEM-- they started ripping their guns, we did what any halfway decent team would do and began closing.. and we got shot.. worst game ever, but hey, wouldnt have done anything for us and allowed Sin a quarterfinals berth

--all i hear is no tolerance, no tolerance, no tolerance

BOUNCE CAN MAKE YOUR GUN SHOOT JUST AS FAST AS RAMP
we played a team, i dont want to mention their name.. but after the game they check his gun and it went crazy.. i ran over and demanded the penalty/suspension.. but they told me it's a warning.. thats bs right there

those are my complaints..im off to make 2 threads about crazy games i saw

2010 Chicago D4X 1st Place- Tampa Bay Vengeance
2010 MAO D4X 3rd Place- NJ Jesters Kids
2011 RPL D4 Series 2nd Place- Tombstone Black

Feedback-160+
Old 11-06-2005, 11:17 PM #10
Kteck
Mafia And Militia

Umm..GO DENVER
Empire Fan Club #3

Need a marker repair?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:17 PM #11
Fat Adam
Boom..Headshot

Fat Adam supports Pev's Paintball
Fat Adam plays in the APPA D5 division
I want to give the NPPL some credit, the hurricane in Miami probably offset the plans for this event more than any of us can imagine, hell..i bet they had to fight the city of Miami just to have the damn event. The field layouts werent that bad, the only field i strongly disliked was the angel field, every other field I thought was pretty good. As for the reffing, I felt like there were some mistakes were made, but there was ZERO bias, and the referees appear to know the rules well, although again..simple errors can be made(hell, it cost us a spot on sunday). I wish these errors could be corrected, but the truth is...thats paintball.

If your reading this Dan Perez, now that I have a calmer head, I want to thank you and the rest of the refs on the field in question for dealing with me in the manner you did, and I apologize on behalf of myself and my team for causing you any grief. Overall, I thought the reffing was decent, exponentially greater than PSP reffing for sure.

It was my first NPPL event, and I can say...im sold on the format, and if Miami was a "****ty" event, I cant wait for HB and the rest of the events the NPPL is known for putting on.

Congrats to the teams that won there respective divisions..

The illegal gun issue is something I wont even comment on, but I will say that both sides of that issue(ramping/bounce) need to be addressed, or the NPPL needs to go the way of the PSP/Millenium and regulate rate of fire..
LNIB Black/Gold Clone VX FS!

Last edited by Fat Adam : 11-06-2005 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:22 PM #12
TmBwm740

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterD
THE MAIN FIELD WAS ABSOLUTE ****!!! that was the worst setup i've seen since... well ever... it was the slowest played field of all times.... it really sucked.

the way games were run... = CRAP!! they fowarded the PRO finals before the other div. so when it was done... everyone left...

REFS= CRAP
SCHEDULE= CRAP
OverALL= CRAP!!!

I hope that ESPN is able to edit all the stalemates into some really great footage... cause there was minimal amounts of action after the break...
The Pro. fields were so slow were because ESPN told NPPL to do that. Games that seem to be perfect speed to us are most likely WAY too fast for the people watching that don't play paintball.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:04 AM #13
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
know why there were no illegal guns in sd? because of the chrono refs for that event. i was one of them. not trying to make myself look good or anything but there was NOTHIGN on my field. i checked every single gun that went on to the field.

and for reffing. dont talk crap about anything. id like to see anyone go and ref 70 games a day for 3 days. with only a 1 hour break the whole day. its hard. i had trouble doing 10 games in a row without a break.

wait untill next year because it WILL be MUCH better. and dont talk about Dan Perez. he has the hardest job of all. he has to take care of each team, all the big calls, 70 ish refs, food and water for refs, schedual, calls and just about everything in between.

if you want to talk about reffing or talk bad about anything talk to me on aim.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:06 AM #14
shatteredreality

shatteredreality is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterD

REFS= CRAP
SCHEDULE= CRAP
OverALL= CRAP!!!

thats quality 7 man for ya..
Old 11-07-2005, 08:26 AM #15
BigBlackZach

i herd it was crap to form some of my frinds that whent down i hope they get more evnts like something in the NE area but yea you think they have the reffing problem fig out buy now how long has the nppl been arund
Old 11-07-2005, 08:29 AM #16
MonsterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmBwm740
The Pro. fields were so slow were because ESPN told NPPL to do that. Games that seem to be perfect speed to us are most likely WAY too fast for the people watching that don't play paintball.

ESPN ****ED up this tourney then... and if they want to stick around, they are gonna have to allow faster fields, with better props, and let us play our games at our pace... cause as i see it... either ESPN lets go a bit, or they LEAVE before NPPL gets so bad that no one whats to play it....

the grandstands for the dynasty games werent even full... if you remember the first year miami tourney... it was a huge crowd, including the whole Stand, and all the space that people could get in to on the grass....
and thats how the NXL and XBALL finals were this year at cup... and thats how the finals should have been here.... 100's of people watching the best play.... but it was so boring to watch that they all left...
Old 11-07-2005, 08:37 AM #17
assa

just real quick about reffing:
Ive reffed before and understand how hard it is, but the problem in many of the nppl refs are kids who havent reffed anything before, so the problem wasnt that they were biased, it was that they just did not do a good job reffing. they had no field experience.

it'd be great if we could clone boogie, thats what!
Old 11-07-2005, 08:50 AM #18
BigBlackZach

or trand the refs over the winter at local feilds and use the same reffes at every event and rotate them form feild to feild so the dont get bord of that feild and if they have ESPN and there giveing away 50,000 for frist places now u know they have the money to train the reffs and fly and bord them now. thats what i think they should do just to make the NPPL better then it is now even thow it grate as it is now imo
Old 11-07-2005, 09:15 AM #19
MonsterD

i would be so down for something like that.
then, i could ref a full season of nppl, and play a full season of PSP.
i think that there would be plenty of refs willing to fly to all events, as long as it was paid for.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:32 AM #20
zmann2087
fed up

zmann2087 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nppl certified refs, get paid to ref, hotel, and airfare covered i believe, and some amount of money a day
Old 11-07-2005, 10:03 AM #21
crypwalkinfool
POOPS

crypwalkinfool is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory688
--if it would have mattered for my team, i would have gone crazy.. we played our 5:55 game saturday night in the dark against sin.. got up 5 on 2, maybe 5 on 3.. and then couldnt close because WE COULDNT SEE THEM-- they started ripping their guns, we did what any halfway decent team would do and began closing.. and we got shot.. worst game ever, but hey, wouldnt have done anything for us and allowed Sin a quarterfinals berth

I play for sin, that last game was pretty bad all around. It was like playin with my eyes closed. If we got on the field and the refs were actually ready it would have been alright...

My team talked to one of the refs on the NPPL field(During one of those "breaks" aka ESPN taking about an hour to set up their cameras) the reason for no lights was the hurricane. The NPPL would have had to pay $22,000 to bring lights in from Tennesse or some state from that area.

Last edited by crypwalkinfool : 11-07-2005 at 10:11 AM.