Gun Tech

has been a member for 10 years
ProMod owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ProMod is an NCPA player
ProMod supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarm99 View Post
Hi all,

Has anyone seen any issues with the 2014 Vapor and whatever tank you might use? I have a Ninja Pro and it doesn't appear the ASA pin is compressing the tank pin enough to get any airflow. Tank is fine on other markers. Trying to figure out if this is a compatibility issue and what options I have. Thanks.
Your ASA might be assembled incorrectly; the cam has a lobe on one side that pushes the ASA core pin into the tank pin. watch this video;

(about the 2-minute mark; www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEdKAA35L8c&hd=1 )
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
"...Looks Like A...." earns you an instant NEWBIE tag. Don't be a newbie.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2014, 04:08 PM #1997
swarm99

swarm99 supports DLX Technology
swarm99 supports Ninja Paintball
Appreciate the feedback. Disassembled and reassembled. It appears to be working correctly as its engaging the pin. Found through testing multiple tanks that some work and some do not. Very minor tolerances in the tank reg are proving to work vs not. Found an older ninja reg top that works. Appears to be slightly smaller in diameter. Most standard regs arent cutting it. If I had another thread deeper it wouldnt be an issue. Wanted to put it out there to make sure everyone was aware. Thanks again.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:21 PM #1998
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Appreciate the feedback. Disassembled and reassembled. It appears to be working correctly as its engaging the pin. Found through testing multiple tanks that some work and some do not. Very minor tolerances in the tank reg are proving to work vs not. Found an older ninja reg top that works. Appears to be slightly smaller in diameter. Most standard regs arent cutting it. If I had another thread deeper it wouldnt be an issue. Wanted to put it out there to make sure everyone was aware. Thanks again.
Purely curious, is your ASA core in backwards? it should only be a tiny pin sticking out, not a large, flat surface.

**edit**

Do you have the V2 pro tank with the ball-bearing instead of the tank pin? I know those are hit-or-miss because of how recessed they are
Originally posted by msonic- Think of Simon as Paintball's Tony Stark. For real.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:49 PM #1999
swarm99

Not in backwards. The pin mechanism works. Its just either not a long enough pin or not enough threads to get the tank closer. I dont have a v2. Its just a spring under the pin. I had to go to a somewhat aged version of a ninja to get it going. Took a micrometer to it and its just a hair smaller in diameter. Its still far from ideal. I can get the marker gassed up but with the slightest movement of the on/off it doesnt depress the pin enough. Im truly stumped on this. Ive tried ninja immortal and gorilla and some wouldnt thread at all most wouldnt depress the pin and only one would half way work. I appreciate all the info. I was very excited to get a vapor. Just having some initial issues. Ill be sure to get in a review once I have a few events underneath my belt.

Last edited by swarm99 : 04-13-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:20 PM #2000
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Not in backwards. The pin mechanism works. Its just either not a long enough pin or not enough threads to get the tank closer. I dont have a v2. Its just a spring under the pin. I had to go to a somewhat aged version of a ninja to get it going. Took a micrometer to it and its just a hair smaller in diameter. Its still far from ideal. I can get the marker gassed up but with the slightest movement of the on/off it doesnt depress the pin enough. Im truly stumped on this. Ive tried ninja immortal and gorilla and some wouldnt thread at all most wouldnt depress the pin and only one would half way work. I appreciate all the info. I was very excited to get a vapor. Just having some initial issues. Ill be sure to get in a review once I have a few events underneath my belt.
That's really odd!! I'd contact Ninja about that as I've never heard of that sort of problem. On all of the ninja regs I have, the pin sits flush with the top of the bonnet, and the vapor's ASA pin lifts off of flush by 3mm so it should hit the pin and depress it quite a bit. The only thing I can think of is the tank not threading in all the way.

No worries, we'll get this straightened out.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:55 AM #2001
swarm99

I'm convinced its the asa threading itself. The regs work fine on every other marker. Ill get a tech request in with Machine. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by swarm99 : 04-14-2014 at 09:25 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:53 PM #2002
APearson

So I have a stripped frame screw in my vapor. Does anyone have an idea of what size screws are used?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:55 PM #2003
ProMod
Gun Tech

ProMod is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by APearson View Post
So I have a stripped frame screw in my vapor. Does anyone have an idea of what size screws are used?
if I remember correctly, it's the same thread size as PE, but you might need to cut the screw down to length. Takes about 2 minutes and a dremel ^_^
Old 04-16-2014, 05:10 AM #2004
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4097089
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread