PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-16-2011, 12:53 AM #127
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
i know, i was just trying to help you see his view on it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2011, 01:56 AM #128
T1tanrush
Team Green

T1tanrush helped look for balloons
T1tanrush owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
T1tanrush supports Team VICIOUS
Found some for him as well, so no worries
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:04 PM #129
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

have to rehome my leopard geckos today

sad to see them go, seeing as i raised them from a horrible life from the petco near by, but i just don't have the time/attention to give to these guys that they deserve and i feel it would be too selfish to just keep them and not spend any time with them, especially now that i have two bearded dragons.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:19 PM #130
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

I'm going to email him now Titan. I just got off work. Thanks again.

Sorry about the leos OC. I hope I don't have to rehome any of mine because of school! I don't think I will though.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

XBL GT: KimJung Is BOSS
Old 08-16-2011, 09:28 PM #131
T1tanrush
Team Green

T1tanrush helped look for balloons
T1tanrush owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
T1tanrush supports Team VICIOUS
Selling all 8 of my leos, and a couple monitors I have. Oh well life goes on.
My tea's gone cold I'm wondering why I.. got out of bed at all The morning rain clouds up my window.. and I can't see at all And even if I could it'd all be gray, but your picture on my wall It reminds me, that it's not so bad, it's not so bad.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:16 AM #132
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

yeah, the guy who picked them up is a college student and him and his roommate have a decent amount of reptiles and know how to properly take care of them so i don't feel too bad. just a bit sad, i get easily attached to things, but like titan said, oh well life goes on..
Old 09-18-2011, 03:55 PM #133
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

took some pics of my beardies this past week, crazy how much they change every month
bath

right after his bath

and the only good pic ive gotten of my girl, this is how she slept one night. really curious to see what color she ends up as an adult
Old 09-18-2011, 08:04 PM #134
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

Mine seems to sleep like that often. Wonder why they do it.

madgoat: "holy crap that got confusing. I was all "wtf, no girl is cool enough to have kimjung is boss as their xbl tag". I was about to ask if you were a dike or born male raised female. Come to find out it was a simple misunderstanding."

Old 09-18-2011, 08:26 PM #135
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

yeah its weird. thad, my big male, sleeps in his blanket every night and has since i got him. well, he didnt sleep in one the first night, and from the second night and for about a couple weeks to a month after he was sleeping in a shirt of mine to get used to my smell. this little one does not like to be covered at all, she likes to sleep on top of her basking spot all flattened out.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:00 AM #136
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Here's my crested gecko. This is the first time he's come out of the plant on the left since I got him on Saturday.

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 10-04-2011, 11:07 AM #137
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

I'd recommend going to pangeareptile.com for all your crested food/supplies and they have an active forum and chat. A ton of great people there. If not, I'm always here to help answer any questions about him.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:30 AM #138
imhungry (Banned)

wow the crested starter kit they have is an amazing deal
Old 10-05-2011, 01:19 PM #139
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

not really, you're better off getting a 20g long tank for around $20, then all those other supplies would cost you around $40(after tax), a lot of it is unnecessary, like the night light, the eco earth is not necessary and probably not good, the thermometer/Hygrometer are probably the stick on kind an no good, only sample packs of vitamins/calcium, spray bottles you can get for 99cents, etc.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:12 PM #140
paintball_KIA4
GO BIG BLUE!

I'll agree with OC. Compared to most other online stores, the price is pretty good. But all those packages are overpriced with a ton of unneeded gear. Best/cheapest solution to house a crested:

Buy a deep plastic tub from walmart. Cut a hole in the top and screen it. Costs you $10 total and 15 minutes of work. Get some sticks from outside, soak them in 1:10 bleach to water ratio, then bake for a half hour. Those are free. Most dollar stores have 6 foot leaf strands for 50 cents or a dollar a piece. I don't ever use a light for my tubs their in. Eco Earth looks great, but until their fully grown or almost near it, the risk of impaction isn't worth chancing. Thermometer isn't needed as long as you know your house stays below 80* and above 68*. Same with a hygrometer. Just spray the tank down well nightly and they will be perfect until the next night. Maybe a light spray in the morning just to give them something to drink (they don't usually drink standing water).

That's the type of set up both my juvies are in. Now I did have some extra cash that I used to spoil them for when their adults. Right now this is sitting empty waiting on them to pick up the weight. (Has an under cabinet/closet light mounted to the shelf above it just to brighten it up for them. No heat is added)

Old 10-07-2011, 12:10 PM #141
imhungry (Banned)

yea i suppose it really is not that great of a deal when i think about it. i was thinking more along the lines of the "free" herp with the set up but you would still be over paying unless he threw in one of the really nice morphs.

i wouldnt buy it anyway, really have no interest in a crested. if i get another gecko id pick up another tokay probably.

i am currently looking into horned lizards but i need to figure out the feeding situation. they will eat small crickets but they are not good for them as they pretty much live exclusively on harvester ants. i guess you could gut load crickets w/ formic acid if i really have to. i have a few ant suppliers that i checked out if i do decide to pick a few of these guys up down the road
Old 10-07-2011, 01:12 PM #142
Oc_rage
Guess who's back?

i was looking at tokays for a bit, i like how vicious they can be, but..

i love my beardies. my big one thad, is the chillest guy ever. ill be picking up an anery corn snake as my last herp for a while though
Old 10-10-2011, 07:57 AM #143
imhungry (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oc_rage View Post
i was looking at tokays for a bit, i like how vicious they can be, but..

i love my beardies. my big one thad, is the chillest guy ever. ill be picking up an anery corn snake as my last herp for a while though
my old tokay lunged at me while i was cleaning, hit the glass in his enclosure and broke his jaw. he was pretty melo around me for years then i went away to school and didnt take him so i guess he lost his comfort around me. they are pretty damn mean and they have extremely strong bites for their size. i have heard stories of them breaking their own jaws from biting their owners so hard.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:50 PM #144
da_mink

tokays are the second meanest species ive ever enoucntered.

right after crocidile monitors

VLN
Old 11-16-2011, 07:43 PM #145
ScalesTailsandClaws

I've got 2 leopard geckos, an argentine black and white tegu, a red iguana, a green iguana, 2 beardies, and a crestie. And those are just my lizards.

scalestailsandclaws.tripod.com

soon to be

www.scalestailsandclaws.com
Old 01-24-2012, 04:10 PM #146
cook. (Banned)

well both corns i got from the LPS died for unknown reasons. anyway, its the only decent stocked store around here so i have to go to them for worms/crickets/hoppers and the past couple of weeks ive noticed this leopard gecko there, always in the same position looking real bad and dehydrated, almost dead. anyway today it got the best of me and i bought it, or should i say her. right now shes not in the greatest shape but she already ate a couple superworms for me right away and a couple wax worms.

pretty skinny
Old 01-24-2012, 04:16 PM #147
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that thing is really sick.. the tail should never be that skinny on fat tailed gecko/leopard gecko's

1/4 mile 8.71 @ 155mph