Old 10-09-2013, 11:03 AM #64
702snakeplaya
SHOULDABEEN

has been a member for 10 years
702snakeplaya plays in the PSP
702snakeplaya owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
702snakeplaya supports Team VICIOUS
your not alone

in hb this year there was the most biased call Ive ever seen,(i know its not the refs fault you loose an event Im aware that they do make bad calls its just frustrating when you spend this much money on an event this ****ty yes he might of acted poorly but if that happend to you who says you wouldn't act the same.) My team was playing destiny long story short i went to go stab snake i shot her and dove in clean she then spun and shot me. the ref then pulled me out and pulled a penalty on ME for playing on. I do have video of this and will post it as soon as i get home.(currently im in class) You put so much time and effort into something and something doesn't go your way obviously you will get butt hurt why wouldn't you. This past event had some questionable calls i dove into snake ref calls me clean, then calls me hit then pulls a major on me.( i never even shot my gun). The bad thing is your going to get bad calls rather your playing any tournament. Nppl is going to die fortunately unfortunately no more Hb.
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2013, 11:08 AM #65
702snakeplaya
SHOULDABEEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy from florida View Post
let the nppl die...
Old 10-09-2013, 11:10 AM #66
702snakeplaya
SHOULDABEEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
They would at least podium in d2 though...

There are definitely d2 PSP teams that could win Pro NPPL events, no doubt. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the top d3 teams could compete just as well. The drop off in talent level between leagues is ridiculous.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:51 AM #67
craziazn1469

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm RickJames View Post
Not sure if that was a joke...
lol not a joke. i watched the webcast when i got home from vegas.
You know you're a true badass when you have to wait on a ride from your mother"
[center]BookFace
craziazn1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:45 PM #68
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
[quote=craziazn1469;79682726]lol not a joke. i watched the webcast when i got home from vegas.[/QUOTE

Well that must've been when I was out of the booth because I don't remember anyone saying that (I'm the guy with the black hat, black sunglasses and goatee).

I'm not sure how that person would even know that you're Asian when you had to have been wearing a mask. Weird

Chris

Follow me on IG- @SportsVoice23

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
I'm RickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:07 PM #69
TradeMyGun Paintball
trademygun.com

TradeMyGun Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Thanks to NPPL for keeping 7man Alive!!!

Long Live Paintball!!

MORE THAN JUST GUNS AT WWW.TRADEMYGUN.COM

trademygun.com
paintballplex.com
TradeMyGun Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:17 PM #70
TradeMyGun Paintball
trademygun.com

TradeMyGun Paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Trademygun will continue to enter teams!!!

I've entered D4 to Pro teams during 2012 and 2013 season. Placed dead last through First place. Had plenty of good calls and plenty of bad calls (just like any other tournament).

Call me if you want to discuss my experience!
Thanks
Mike
Owner Trademygun and Paintball Plex and Fort Wayne Outlaws and lots of other TMG teams!!

260-357-1560 x3

MORE THAN JUST GUNS AT WWW.TRADEMYGUN.COM

trademygun.com
paintballplex.com
TradeMyGun Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM #71
Bawlzofpaint

Bawlzofpaint plays in the PSP
Bawlzofpaint owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Bawlzofpaint plays in the APPA D4 division
Thanks for keeping 7 man alive NPPL.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:30 PM #72
SABALLER

Had a blast this season playing NPPL. Vegas was awesome, reffing was great, and was ran very smoothly. Can't wait for next season!
SABALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:36 PM #73
craziazn1469

[quote=I'm RickJames;79682978]
Quote:
Originally Posted by craziazn1469 View Post
lol not a joke. i watched the webcast when i got home from vegas.[/QUOTE

Well that must've been when I was out of the booth because I don't remember anyone saying that (I'm the guy with the black hat, black sunglasses and goatee).

I'm not sure how that person would even know that you're Asian when you had to have been wearing a mask. Weird

Chris
My last name being Lin might've given it away lol
[center]BookFace
Old 10-09-2013, 01:38 PM #74
craziazn1469

Either way it was funny to me, no harm no foul lol
[center]BookFace
Old 10-09-2013, 02:24 PM #75
paintballguy54
LU

paintballguy54 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
paintballguy54 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
paintballguy54 is an NCPA National Champion
paintballguy54 plays in the APPA D2 division
I enjoy playing NPPL chicago every year and look forward to playing it again next year. 7 man is super fun to play and no matter what league you play in your always going to have a bad call
Old 10-09-2013, 02:28 PM #76
NBKballa
Ozzy 59

NBKballa is a Professional paintball player
NBKballa plays in the PSP
NBKballa plays in the APPA D1 division
NPPL was awesome this year. Great staff, great reffing, great events. Cant wait for the 2014 season!

TRADEMYGUN OUTLAWS
TMG | RAZA | GI SPORTZ | PLANET ECLIPSE | VIOLENT PRODUCTS | EXALT
NBKballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:56 PM #77
cowdog

cowdog is a Professional paintball player
cowdog plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Big thanks to the NPPL for running a smooth event. I highly recommend the league to anyone who enjoys the great sport of paintball.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:12 PM #78
Ninj-ew

Ninj-ew is playing at Living Legends V
Ninj-ew posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by splatter00 View Post
I believe you were the one yellig BullsH*t for about 25 minutes. I can see your frustration but the way you handled it made yourself and your team look bad. Refs are human, they make mistakes. P***them off and it wont o your eay, thats life. Same thing happened on probfield with frank connell.
Our sport needs to grow, if your upset, we understand, my team was screwed at hb by defintion of a swing point that was taken back. But what can we do.
I can say the refs at vegas were much much better than last year
What's funny is I was on the field shooting video on the game you're referring to and the Ref's couldn't have gotten the call more correct!

Funny how easy it is to blame refs for losing.
Ninj-ew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:41 PM #79
outlawst
Bill

outlawst plays in the PSP
outlawst owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
outlawst supports Team VICIOUS
outlawst plays in the APPA D5 division
Our organization plays both series and we have respect for both sanctioning bodies and we have players that strive under the 7 man format and some who strive under the intense pace of X-Ball. Well continue to support both organizations and continue to keep showing up and playing.
And yes chris we did have a few outlaw teams advance out of the prelims in D4 5 man and D4 X-Ball as well. Were all focusing on the last event of the season and a winter of new tryouts and new blood in our undoor facility and would love to have individuals like yourself chris to come out and support he organizations and your local paintball field.
~GI Sportz Trade my Gun Paintball Plex HK~ Bill Ash #3
outlawst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 05:54 PM #80
NESpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj red dog View Post
Never had the desire to play national events, so yes still D4 but play like D1. It's not my fault the ranking system is jacked up.
Then you should play D-1, I know the ranking system is f'ed up but you don't see me playing D-4 because for some reason I'm ranked D-4 after playing Semi Pro..

So sorry buddy it's is your fault. Sack up and Move up! I've played on teams that bump up two divisions to have the players and the team that want to field at events.

The wonderment continues.....

As far as the ref'ing, I saw the 4 on 1 and was like holy ****e! He pulled it off!

In a nut shell two reff's called the EDGE player clean, after one ref, as I was told, signaled BEFORE the other two reff's called EDGE player CLEAN, that the EDEG player was hit. But while being checked by the two closest reff's the EDGE player even turned his gun to the reff when the reff asked and the reff called him clean.

The players continued to play and the EDGE player shot the Blitz, I think that was the team. If I'm not correct about the team please don't flame, player. the player was called hit by a reff and the EDGE went got the flag, hung it was checked in clean and the game was called.

So one would stand to think the the EDGE team won. Al least from that.

But the Head reff said that the EDGE player was called hit before he was called clean so there fore he was eliminated and the pull and the hang go to the other team because there was enough time for the other team to pull and hang the flag.

Here's my thing with this, why didn't the reff' who originally called the EDGE player hit throw a flag?

Why was the game allowed to go on?

And why can't, if the EDGE player was called clean three times by three different reff's, can't the head reff' assume that the majority of the reff's on his field could be correct, the reff' calling the player hit was wrong in the cal and stand by the majority and not just go, " the first call was blah?' so that's what I go with.

The logic of the reversal was not there? I know people make mistakes, and I have seen plenty! But shouldn't logic be applied?

That was a bad call, confirmed on the field three times that the first call was a bad call....

Not much else to say about that....

As far as some other weirdness' at the event, Destiny had a player rostered on a D-2 team playing the same event and playing with the Destiny D-4 team. This seemed weird to me, I wonder what the NPPL rule book says about that? I guess I'll have to read it...

Last edited by NESpb : 10-09-2013 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Can't type....
NESpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:11 PM #81
Diomedes
Nerd

So is this video ever going to appear or what?
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
DarwinZDF42 <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 PM #82
jorge19
_TNB_

jorge19 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
 plays in the NXL 2
jorge19 plays in the MiLP
NPPL might as well just drop out of paintball
Old 10-09-2013, 08:55 PM #83
biosfjeer
Lex Talionis

If the NPPL really wanted to flourish they would come up with a viable game plan to merge with the PSP. With the new ownership in line, Lane may take the time to raise a brow to this opportunity if a well thought out idea was presented.

With both of them being on the same page, events being aligned with an adequate amount of time in between, it may just work. There would have to be a long line of negotiations in order for it to become a reality, and if it did it would change paintball forever.

Paintball was on top of it's game when I joined back in 2001. I started to see it decline after the leagues parted their separate ways year after year. Sure it had it's up, but it has since plateaued.

I'm not sure what the exact reason for the split was. For Xball? If it was differences of opinion, continual directions they wanted to go or if it was because of the almighty dollar. I'm sure not one reason is set in stone. The only way to get paintball to grow even further is if they both can get together and join forces versus fighting each other for a few extra entry fees.

Not too long ago the NBA used to have competition with the ABA in the 60's. After they bought out the ABA and joined forces, they turned a low million dollar industry in to a multi-billion dollar giant. This may seem a little far away as in realism for paintball, though in some cases 2 is not better than one.

I hope that the NPPL realizes this difference and can correct all of it's underlying issues to look out for number one, the future paintball player in mind. I wish them nothing but the best.

Last edited by biosfjeer : 10-09-2013 at 08:59 PM.
biosfjeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:11 PM #84
neversummer89

neversummer89 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by NESpb View Post
Then you should play D-1, I know the ranking system is f'ed up but you don't see me playing D-4 because for some reason I'm ranked D-4 after playing Semi Pro..

So sorry buddy it's is your fault. Sack up and Move up! I've played on teams that bump up two divisions to have the players and the team that want to field at events.

The wonderment continues.....

As far as the ref'ing, I saw the 4 on 1 and was like holy ****e! He pulled it off!

In a nut shell two reff's called the EDGE player clean, after one ref, as I was told, signaled BEFORE the other two reff's called EDGE player CLEAN, that the EDEG player was hit. But while being checked by the two closest reff's the EDGE player even turned his gun to the reff when the reff asked and the reff called him clean.

The players continued to play and the EDGE player shot the Blitz, I think that was the team. If I'm not correct about the team please don't flame, player. the player was called hit by a reff and the EDGE went got the flag, hung it was checked in clean and the game was called.

So one would stand to think the the EDGE team won. Al least from that.

But the Head reff said that the EDGE player was called hit before he was called clean so there fore he was eliminated and the pull and the hang go to the other team because there was enough time for the other team to pull and hang the flag.

Here's my thing with this, why didn't the reff' who originally called the EDGE player hit throw a flag?

Why was the game allowed to go on?

And why can't, if the EDGE player was called clean three times by three different reff's, can't the head reff' assume that the majority of the reff's on his field could be correct, the reff' calling the player hit was wrong in the cal and stand by the majority and not just go, " the first call was blah?' so that's what I go with.

The logic of the reversal was not there? I know people make mistakes, and I have seen plenty! But shouldn't logic be applied?

That was a bad call, confirmed on the field three times that the first call was a bad call....

Not much else to say about that....

As far as some other weirdness' at the event, Destiny had a player rostered on a D-2 team playing the same event and playing with the Destiny D-4 team. This seemed weird to me, I wonder what the NPPL rule book says about that? I guess I'll have to read it...
For the record, I was the player in the 1v1 against the NES edge dude in the point here that is being much discussed.

In all things there are 3 or more perspectives - those of the people playing it (in this case my opponent and I), the refs, and spectators.

Take or leave it, doesn't matter now, here is my telling of the event. I was in the 1v1 and he was in the snake corner, I was in the home bunker. We're snapping and going at it, and I shoot him out according to the ref standing directly next to me, who calls him out very clearly.

I wait behind my bunker for the player to walk off and notice the other two refs run over, who by the way were standing beside and behind him, come, and call him clean after a thorough check. I was poised to go bunker him to make double sure but waited because I was positive he was gonna walk off any second. This double checking after the out call definitely threw me off!

In my experience reffing, and every tournament I've played, if a ref calls a player out, it is a binding call, regardless of if it's faulty or not. It can't be taken back, and it sticks. I have never seen a player get called out and then after a second check, get put back in. Maybe some people have, I have not.

Finally, after they call him clean, the ref standing next to me does nothing by not backing up his call, we continue to snap, and he gets me in the hopper. NES Edge guy hangs the flag, I tell the head ref what happened, the head guy of the NPPL I believe came up and said an out call is an out call and that is the end of it, reverse the decision.

I can see why the dude on the other end would be pissed, but the ref who called him out, erroneously or not, had a far better viewing angle to make that decision than the other two who called him clean I rest my case.
avdentes fortvna ivvat
neversummer89 is offline   Reply With Quote