PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM #1
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
How do Paintball Asylum and 3rd eye compare?

Just curious how they compare. I like woodsball/rec ball and a little speedball. Just curious how the woodsball courses are on both and how easy it is to find a game to jump in by yourself.

I am sure they are both good just curious what you guys thought I am sure I will visit both eventually
KYhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-14-2012, 02:57 PM #2
bendigo360
SuperDan

plays in the NXL
bendigo360 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
bendigo360 plays in the APPA D2 division
bendigo360 supports Empire
I've never been to Third Eye but I frequently play at Asylum. I live in Nashville,TN and drive to Asylum often to play ball. The competition and mix of players here is unlike any other field I have ever been. I have not been able to play on the woods field yet but I was able to walk the entire thing recently to check it out. They have quite a few buildings and plenty of uneven terrain to make fire fights different everytime. Their castle in the back is unlike any I have seen at any of the fields that I have been to.(I have been to way to many) Also, there is a pretty new 15-20+ building village that they have that is great for anyone who likes to feel as if they are clearing out a town. They seem to aways have a quite a few rec groups out there and the refs are always on point when it comes to safety. The staff there is quite possibly the best there is in my books. There is a reason that I drive 3 hours to play there so freqently. On the speedball side of things, which is what I play, you'll be hard pressed to find anything better. They have 2 outdoor turf fields. One being an NPPL regulation sized field and the other a PSP regulation sized field. Last year they also completed an indoor PSP sized field and have that heated some evenings for night play also. They always have something going on for the players and from all I see they are all about getting players in the game. Kenny and his staff are well above par. If you're looking for a place to get some guntime in whether it's rec ball or speedball, check them out. You wont be disappointed.

Paintball Asylum
CHRISTKREW
29:11
bendigo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:25 PM #3
loukyballer
502nd C.O.

has been a member for 10 years
Just adding one item to Dan's post:

This Saturday (Nov. 17th) is one of the last big games of the year at Asylum - Castle Conquest. See the thread elsewhere in this forum for details.
Normal walk-on days are variable both in terms of skill level and numbers. There are players ranging from first time players up to very well seasoned ballers. Numbers can range from 10-15 up to 75+ on a typical day. Obviously now in colder weather, the numbers are down but in the height of the season, it's quite busy. There are also 3 major Big Games held there that utilize the entirety of the woods and city fields which are always a good time.

Full Disclosure: I do not work at Asylum, but am on a team sponsored by Asylum.

Regarding Third Eye: It is speedball only. They have one indoor and one outdoor field. I suspect the outdoor field is down for the winter though. The indoor is nice NFL style astroturf - same as what Asylum uses I believe. Very easy on the knees! I do not know what the crowds, clientele or facilities are like beyond that - I'll defer to those that play there to speak of it's points.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:22 PM #4
tsmith17

tsmith17 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tsmith17 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tsmith17 supports Team VICIOUS
tsmith17 plays in the APPA D5 division
tsmith17 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ive actually been to both but frequently go to third eye since they help us out with the club team at UK. With Asylum youll get really great facilities with good staging areas and a variety of fields from 2 speedballs fields, one woodsball, and one urban field. However, they are a little bit pricey when it comes to bang for that buck. PBAsylum runs MSXL so they are a premier field. Third Eye is a little bit cheaper but runs an outdoor and indoor speedball field so im not sure they run a woodsball field just yet. Plans are being made for one i think. Personally i like Third Eye because youre always in contact with the guys and you dont have to fight off everyone for a field. They also help out the college practices and will help you get better. Hope this helps.
tsmith17 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups