Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-03-2009, 08:45 PM #43
paintballboyy96
*NeX*...Rockin the SLG!!

im lucky i guess im thirteen so and my local shop is like a 5 min car ride so i get dropped off and buy whatever i want (paint,air,grenades,upgrades)but if im at walmart i hav to go wit my parents anyway so idk if that whole 18 year old rthing is in effect everywhere
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2009, 01:58 AM #44
Blitchy

Blitchy helped look for balloons
Blitchy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy is for the Gunfight
Blitchy is attending Decay of Nations VI
you could do what i did when i was younger with games or what not just take your mom with and when they say are you over 17 say nope my mom is and then hand them the cash or card with her standing right there lol that always makes me laugh
Blitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:37 PM #45
maxearing

maxearing has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i dont think there should be that rule a similer situation happednet to me at walmart

Legalize
maxearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:24 PM #46
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR
Dyin's for Fools!

C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'll never get the whole "If your mom/dad buys it for you, or is there when you buy it, it's OK" thing. Like if you're 14 and you can't buy an M-Rated game, but if your mom stands beside you while you pay, it's all good? Like ok...
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:25 PM #47
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR
Dyin's for Fools!

C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'm not saying that you should be 18 to buy paint, an M-Rated game, etc. You shouldn't have to be. But the idea of it is ridiculous.
C0ck3r_W0RR1OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:31 PM #48
Khanhfucious
w0rd

has been a member for 10 years
Khanhfucious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Khanhfucious owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Khanhfucious supports Team VICIOUS
Its LIABILITY. It has nothing to do with who can safely use it. Its ALL who can be held accountable when the **** hits the fan. If an adult buys it, they are liable. If a minor buys it, the place selling it is liable.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:26 PM #49
b-town pb
Too poor to play.

b-town pb owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
b-town pb is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtargetadv View Post
they are just trying to keep themslves fom getting sued
all better.

"Originally posted by SHOOT3R USA: Billy Mays doesn't sell it therefore its crap."
"Originally said by Bender:You're twice the THEE he ever was!"
b-town pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:13 AM #50
eNvMe

Do not give your paintball based business to department stores..EVER!!! Get the respect you deserve at your local pro shop because they know you are keeping them in business, unlike Walmart, Target, etc..who could care less if you ever came back.
eNvMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:19 PM #51
jtpaintball70

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNvMe View Post
Do not give your paintball based business to department stores..EVER!!! Get the respect you deserve at your local pro shop because they know you are keeping them in business, unlike Walmart, Target, etc..who could care less if you ever came back.
You bumped this just to say that?
#70 Pump Gun Pimp ~ Official Pump Gun Fan
KD5QHI
jtpaintball70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 AM #52
SOGGYMUFFIN
AIR FORCE

SOGGYMUFFIN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SOGGYMUFFIN supports our troops
SOGGYMUFFIN is an NCPA player
SOGGYMUFFIN plays in the APPA D5 division
Same thing happened to me at a Scheels too before I was 18 lol. I literally turned around and asked the adult behind me to buy it for me

PROUDLY SPONSORED BY PLANET ECLIPSE AND SOCIAL PAINTBALL
SOGGYMUFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:23 PM #53
deedum123 (Banned)

deedum123 is playing at Living Legends III
deedum123 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
deedum123 supports Team VICIOUS
deedum123 is for the Gunfight
i guess you can kill someone but its more a form of vandalism so they try to prevent it cause theres ignorant *** kids who shoot up houses like over here in chicago.tried doing it to my house, but i showed them what was good w/ my ego9
deedum123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:27 PM #54
kalebach

hahaha as if ppl get trouble buying paint. im 16 i look around 14 and i buy paint, air, and i even bought a gun without any trouble. but a long time ago i went to get some cheap paint from walmart and they wouldnt let me get it and i had my mother right beside me haha
Old 03-20-2011, 11:23 AM #55
DamIgotGogged

DamIgotGogged plays in the APPA D4 division
I'm glad someone made a thread like this! I hate that 18+ policy! I can see needing to be 18 if your going to purchase a marker, but not paint or air.

I mean, I was at WalMart once and I went to purchase a single pod and the guy wouldn't let me! A POD FOR GOD SAKES!

Absolutely ridiculous.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:07 PM #56
Alex4108
The real alex.

Alex4108 posts videos on PbNation
Alex4108 supports Pev's Paintball
Alex4108 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Alex4108 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I tried to buy a mask at walmart (I'm 14, looking 17) and the Asian working the counter is all "CHING CHANG ID PREESE"

FOR GODS SAKE, a mask! I'm trying to keep myself safe here
Old 04-25-2011, 11:47 PM #57
RiverValleyPaintball

Store policy, they have they items in the system so when you scan the item. It pops up saying D.O.B. If the date isn't entered, it can't be sold. Shop at your local fields.
Check out our Facebook
RiverValleyPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:35 PM #58
rroach
Totes Ma Gotes

rroach supports Team VICIOUS
rroach posts videos on PbNation
rroach plays in the APPA D5 division
rroach has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-LOOMIS View Post
So i am 16 and i walked into Scheels to buy paint. I get 2 cases of RPS flash because it is cheap and i open it and check the bags for breaks. No breaks so i walk up to the check out counter. I set my 2 open cases of paint on the table and say "Hows it goin?" to the shortest fugly ***** that then asks for my id. I was like you need an id to buy paint. I said i opened this and every thing and she says i need to be 18. I try and convince her to let me buy paint and she wont let me so i say **** this **** and walk out.

Also today i walk into Scheels to fill my air tank. I walk up to the fill thing and say to this fat *** ****er "Can you fill this up for me?" and he says are you 18? I say no, but my dad is around the corner so he is with me (thinking that this dumb *** will let me and i will go scott free) and he takes my tank cover off and begins to fill and while he fills it he says your dad can come pick it up after i am done. So i say forget it and he takes a min. and a half to my ****ing tank cover on and i say ill take it to my paintball shop to fill it.

My question to you guys why cant i buy paint and fill air without being 18. Am i going to throw a full DXS 68/45 180$ tank at someone or what. Can you really kill someone with a paintball? I mean for real, i understand a 10 year old asking to fill his steel piece of **** tank up that is passed hydro but come on. I paintball every weekend and i own this expensive *** tank why cant you fill it up? I guess they dont want my 80 bucks for paint.

So all in all what do you guys think of the 18 rule on paint and air? At least my paintball shop lets me buy paint and fill.

Thanks for reading!
you have problems, go to counseling. if you have such anger problems, you probably shouldn't even be ALLOWED to own or use a paintball gun. EVER
Old 04-27-2011, 02:29 AM #59
Ginga G

Id compare it to buying spray paint(paintballs). Some stores may believe you that you just want to make a sign or that you are spray painting a mural(playing paintball) but others may just think of the stereotypical vandalism that happens(Shooting at signs, animals and people).
You might be under 18 and get away with it, you might not. Stores do it to cover their *****, sad that everyone in the world has to cover for everything they do so jackasses looking for a quick dollar wont **** them over.
Ginga G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:32 PM #60
cooperk85
cucha de madre

its just like buying ammunition/guns/alcohol/tobacco products in the store's eyes. just let them do their thing and id you. because if they sell it to an underage person they could possibly loose their licenses for those products. If they loose that they could potentially loose a fairly decent amount of money in sales. Just because some minor wanted to buy some product without getting proofed, and threw a **** fit about it. The local and state governments even send in secret shoppers that will try to buy such products without getting ID'd or proofed. If that ehappens the store can get slapped with a pretty large fine
Old 05-05-2011, 11:00 AM #61
Supergyro
Solid 7

Supergyro owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Supergyro owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Supergyro has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Supergyro supports Ninja Paintball
At my scheels the service desk has a book that you put your name in and sign, and your parents names and they sign, and a number they can call them with.
Supergyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:12 PM #62
Raz@r@hotlanta1990

Raz@r@hotlanta1990 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-LOOMIS View Post
So i am 16 and i walked into Scheels to buy paint. I get 2 cases of RPS flash because it is cheap and i open it and check the bags for breaks. No breaks so i walk up to the check out counter. I set my 2 open cases of paint on the table and say "Hows it goin?" to the shortest fugly ***** that then asks for my id. I was like you need an id to buy paint. I said i opened this and every thing and she says i need to be 18. I try and convince her to let me buy paint and she wont let me so i say **** this **** and walk out.

Also today i walk into Scheels to fill my air tank. I walk up to the fill thing and say to this fat *** ****er "Can you fill this up for me?" and he says are you 18? I say no, but my dad is around the corner so he is with me (thinking that this dumb *** will let me and i will go scott free) and he takes my tank cover off and begins to fill and while he fills it he says your dad can come pick it up after i am done. So i say forget it and he takes a min. and a half to my ****ing tank cover on and i say ill take it to my paintball shop to fill it.

My question to you guys why cant i buy paint and fill air without being 18. Am i going to throw a full DXS 68/45 180$ tank at someone or what. Can you really kill someone with a paintball? I mean for real, i understand a 10 year old asking to fill his steel piece of **** tank up that is passed hydro but come on. I paintball every weekend and i own this expensive *** tank why cant you fill it up? I guess they dont want my 80 bucks for paint.

So all in all what do you guys think of the 18 rule on paint and air? At least my paintball shop lets me buy paint and fill.

Thanks for reading!
you know when i was ur age i had my dad sign a scheels liabilty waiver for me to buy paint, air, and skate boards (WTF when did u hav 2 b 18 to buy a skate board?)

Milsim Player- Complete All Black Dye Tactical gear and black DAM setup

Thanks Christ@Pooty for makeing my LUXE1.5w/2.0 board and 2.0 core 100%sexier with the 3 real Swavorski Chrystal mods!
Raz@r@hotlanta1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:14 PM #63
Raz@r@hotlanta1990

Raz@r@hotlanta1990 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGGYMUFFIN View Post
Same thing happened to me at a Scheels too before I was 18 lol. I literally turned around and asked the adult behind me to buy it for me
hehe i did that at a liquor store once to an off duty cop.

Milsim Player- Complete All Black Dye Tactical gear and black DAM setup

Thanks Christ@Pooty for makeing my LUXE1.5w/2.0 board and 2.0 core 100%sexier with the 3 real Swavorski Chrystal mods!
Raz@r@hotlanta1990 is offline   Reply With Quote