PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 AM #1
FreeStyler15

has been a member for 10 years
DP Fusion X (FX) oled issue

Hey guys, i am having an issue with the oled of a FX, well, the thing is i put the battery and instantly the oled turns on, but instead of appears the DP logo and stuff there are only lines and dots and it doesnt shoot or anything, how can i fix this? or the problem is the screen is busted?
FreeStyler15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 AM #2
JUGGERNAUT69

JUGGERNAUT69 is for the Gunfight
JUGGERNAUT69 is for the Gunfight
JUGGERNAUT69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
JUGGERNAUT69 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeStyler15 View Post
Hey guys, i am having an issue with the oled of a FX, well, the thing is i put the battery and instantly the oled turns on, but instead of appears the DP logo and stuff there are only lines and dots and it doesnt shoot or anything, how can i fix this? or the problem is the screen is busted?

Yeah you need a new board or you can send it to DP if it still under warranty.

Past Gun: Tippmann(98,Project Salvo, A5, Phenom) Dangerous Power(FX, G5, Rev-i, G3 iQ, Threshold, G4) Spyder Fenix, Smart Parts SP1 & Shocker NXT Octane, Vanguard Creed & Demon"RIPPER" GOG Excty, Phantom Pump, DLX Luxe 2.0
JUGGERNAUT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM #3
geckx7
Ballin' out with blanks

geckx7 is playing at Living Legends IX
geckx7 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
geckx7 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
^^^ sounds like it took on some moisture.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:45 AM #4
FreeStyler15

so, the only way to fix it is changing the board?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 AM #5
GraniteGargoyle

GraniteGargoyle is attending Decay of Nations VI
GraniteGargoyle supports Empire
Quote:
so, the only way to fix it is changing the board?
Could just be the screen. Gonna have to have some way of testing it though...or send it in to DP.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM #6
CA_Tectonics

I can't remember if the OLED screen is attached to the board with a ribbon cable like the Rev-i board is - I think it is. That connection may be a little loose so that is something you could check. If it has one, the ribbon cable will be small / short and connect left side of the screen to the board (it may be orange in color). Try just unplugging then plugging it back in, making sure the connection is tight. Otherwise, it may be a moisture issue or the board is bad and would need to be replaced.

If it does need to be replaced, you could get another from Dangerous Power, find a Rev-i board to use, or 7th Element makes a board for it I believe. Good luck.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:54 PM #7
FreeStyler15

well i umplugged the screen, cleaned it bc it has some debris and re conected but now, is totally dead, doesnt turn on or shoot. replacement is the option now, what you think about the virtue led board?
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 AM #8
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Legendary
Quote:
well i umplugged the screen, cleaned it bc it has some debris and re conected but now, is totally dead, doesnt turn on or shoot. replacement is the option now, what you think about the virtue led board?
Overpriced, the ape board is better IMO
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:14 AM #9
FreeStyler15

okkk thanks to all of you
Old 01-30-2013, 11:06 PM #10
PALMER77

PALMER77 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PALMER77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PALMER77 plays in the APPA beginner division
PALMER77 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
trying not to steal this thread but is the stock rev-i board better quality than the stock fx board, and does the rev board fit in the fx, what others boards will work in the fx just looking at opitions, mine did the samething for about a min. and then powered up normal and has been working fine since than.
PALMER77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:08 PM #11
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALMER77 View Post
trying not to steal this thread but is the stock rev-i board better quality than the stock fx board, and does the rev board fit in the fx, what others boards will work in the fx just looking at opitions, mine did the samething for about a min. and then powered up normal and has been working fine since than.
Not anymore, they are all made by a new manufacturer.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:16 PM #12
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti6669 View Post
Not anymore, they are all made by a new manufacturer.
This ^^^^ for current stock boards. The original APE Rev-i board is better than the stock FX board. The current Rev-i boards are being made by someone else (7th Element still?). I do not think an APE Rev-i board will fit in an FX without modification. I believe the button locations on the APE Rev-i and stock FX boards are in slightly different locations.
– 7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
– APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
– Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM #13
FreeStyler15

im not completly sure about the rev-i board, but i got a virtue, i think is a bang for my bucks bc i just spent 35 dollars and im not looking to spend a lot of money in that gat, its even cheaper than the stock FX board
Old 01-31-2013, 08:51 PM #14
PALMER77

so does the virtue fusion 7/8/le board work in the fx, no problems direct fit? just looking for board options if my ever craps out on me, or i am stuck with just stock boards?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 PM #15
CA_Tectonics

EDITED to reflect 7th Element FX board NOT available:

Quote:
im not completly sure about the rev-i board, but i got a virtue, i think is a bang for my bucks bc i just spent 35 dollars and im not looking to spend a lot of money in that gat, its even cheaper than the stock FX board
Ummm.....I hope this is for your Fusion (F7) or F8 and not an FX. Virtue doesn't make a board for the FX. The ONLY board option for the FX at this time a̶r̶e̶ is the stock DP board a̶n̶d̶ ̶7̶t̶h̶ ̶E̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶.

Quote:
so does the virtue fusion 7/8/le board work in the fx, no problems direct fit? just looking for board options if my ever craps out on me, or i am stuck with just stock boards?
No. Not even close. As I stated above, the only options for a FX board a̶r̶e̶ is DP a̶n̶d̶ ̶7̶t̶h̶ ̶E̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ at this time. I believe both Virtue and APE have NO plans to make a FX board and 7th Element no longer makes FX boards.

Last edited by CA_Tectonics : 01-31-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 PM #16
PALMER77

^^^ got a link for the fx 7th Element board all im finding is fusion 7,8 no fx
Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 PM #17
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
^^^ got a link for the fx 7th Element board all im finding is fusion 7,8 no fx
You are correct. Just found some old info stating that the 7th Element FX board was produced in limited quantities and are all sold out from 7th Element. Here is a video from 7th Element. note the comments. That is where they say that the boards are no longer available -

I'm guessing that there may be some floating around at some random shop but it looks like they are gome.

So - having found this info out, the correct info now is if your FX board needs replacing, call Dangerous Power because it looks like those are the ONLY boards available as a drop in replacement. I'll be changing my previous posts to reflect this.

Although the Rev-i board is not a drop in replacement, I think one could get it to work with some effort and likely some modification.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:05 PM #18
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 is Legendary
The rev-I board is marketed for the fx as well
Old 01-31-2013, 10:12 PM #19
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti6669 View Post
The rev-I board is marketed for the fx as well
From 7th Element? Do they make a Rev-i pathfinder board?

I seem to recall that one of the things DP did with the FX board was reverse the order of the bottons and move them up slightly so that it wasn't a "copy" of the Rev-i APE board.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:16 PM #20
CA_Tectonics

All I see on 7th Element's website is a replacement OLED screen for the FX and Rev-i but no board itself for either marker. It also looks like the replacement screen is only for 7th Element boards as well.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM #21
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 is Legendary
I was looking at my materials from them