Community Focus

Old 10-24-2010, 11:05 AM #22
swedishfishh

has been a member for 10 years
swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylr_byrd View Post
The Creed barrels are designed to snap like this. Its a design feature that keeps your gun from taking the damage when you dive like that. It prevents the gun from twisting and breaking internal items.

Your joking right? This reason is as bad as Dye saying the bending of the ultralight frame is a safety feature.....

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-24-2010, 04:32 PM #23
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Hey it could have been a design flaw that worked out to be a benefit! It does work
Old 10-24-2010, 05:35 PM #24
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
The reason for the breaking of our barrels is a milling right after the thread. This milling is to prevent breaking of the marker, injury to yourself or bending the barrel. It is pretty obvious you have never bent a trigger frame or dislocated a shoulder due to a bad dive or playing lawn darts with your marker.

As much as you think that you are correct you do not know why people do things such as this. You may believe what you want to believe but you did not design our barrels. So thank you for your comment but until you know what you are saying please take into consideration why people design things surten ways and with saftey in mind.

Thank you
Eric Roysdon
Vanguard US

Last edited by SHOOTNPOO : 10-24-2010 at 10:28 PM.
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:32 PM #25
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
id rather have to buy a new barrel than a new shoulder, arm, other body part, or gun

GJ VANGUARD!
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:27 PM #26
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

Besides our barrels are under warranty.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:27 AM #27
swedishfishh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTNPOO View Post
The reason for the breaking of our barrels is a milling right after the thread. This milling is to prevent breaking of the marker, injury to yourself or bending the barrel. It is pretty obvious you have never bent a trigger frame or dislocated a shoulder due to a bad dive or playing lawn darts with your marker.

As much as you think that you are correct you do not know why people do things such as this. You may believe what you want to believe but you did not design our barrels. So thank you for your comment but until you know what you are saying please take into consideration why people design things surten ways and with saftey in mind.

Thank you
Eric Roysdon
Vanguard US
No need to be rude buddy. Call it what you want but if I chose to make a marker out of cheap material and **** breaks all the time, I would be saying the same thing your saying... And your right, I didn't design the Vanguard cause if I did it would be actually durable.

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 10-25-2010, 07:38 AM #28
monkeywitagun72
Names spenc.

monkeywitagun72 helped look for balloons
monkeywitagun72 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
monkeywitagun72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
monkeywitagun72 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
monkeywitagun72 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
monkeywitagun72 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So Bc the creed barrel snapped at the threads..it's made out of cheap material and a piece of crap...correct?

Well I guess the geo2 is made out of cheap material considering someone just snapped a reg at the threads also... So with your logic a geo2 is crap also...

JOLLY.GREEN
BALTIMORE TRAUMA FAN CLUB #1415
monkeywitagun72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:46 AM #29
swedishfishh

Now your putting words in my mouth. Never did I say Vanguard was a piece of crap. What I did say is:

if I chose to make a marker out of cheap material and **** breaks all the time, I would be saying the same thing your saying.

That would be the first case I heard of.

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
Old 10-25-2010, 07:53 AM #30
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfishh View Post
No need to be rude buddy. Call it what you want but if I chose to make a marker out of cheap material and **** breaks all the time, I would be saying the same thing your saying... And your right, I didn't design the Vanguard cause if I did it would be actually durable.
No one is being rude, I'm infact stating a point that your not understanding about what people design.

For years now I have heard of alot of people and pictures to prove bent trigger frames, barrels, broken shoulders as collar bones all due to the fact of playing lawn darts. Just think for a moment before you badmouth something yes the barrel snapped, yes I'm playing lawn darts with my gun. Well my friend it's better to snap a barrel that we will warranty then you end up in the hospital or not being able to finish the game you paid for.

Being the only warranty center for US, Canada, Mexico. We have yet to see one bent trigger frame, reg, marker body from this great game of lawn darts.

Thank you
Eric
Old 10-25-2010, 11:09 AM #31
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
^^^ imaginary copy/paste of my previous post to follow eric's statement here lol
jamest91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:00 PM #32
ilikecats

ilikecats supports our troops
ive only seen one picture of a barrell that has broke, and what caught my eye was that it was a clean break. you can only have it break like that if you have two pieces "glued" together or mill a symetrical weak point in that area of the barrell. to do either one of these would cost more to build than just milling a solid one piece tip...right? just my quick thoughts.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:42 AM #33
Helo_Mech

Helo_Mech plays in the PSP
Helo_Mech supports our troops
Helo_Mech plays in the APPA D4 division
Helo_Mech is All In
I actually bought one of the barrels off of ANS to use on my ego because i liked their 1 piece style. The other day a buddy of mine was "playing lawn darts" and snapped my barrel. Hopefully aggressive sports will replace my barrel as well. Any thoughts????
Helo_Mech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:47 PM #34
tylr_byrd
Titan with a Creed

tylr_byrd is for the Gunfight
tylr_byrd is an NCPA player
tylr_byrd plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikecats View Post
ive only seen one picture of a barrell that has broke, and what caught my eye was that it was a clean break. you can only have it break like that if you have two pieces "glued" together or mill a symetrical weak point in that area of the barrell. to do either one of these would cost more to build than just milling a solid one piece tip...right? just my quick thoughts.
True..

But if you read towards the beginning of the post youll understand why. The creed barrels are designed to break like that. Most people dont understand why, they think its a flaw in the design.

In reality, its a savior! When a gun takes a "lawn dart dive" its faced with a large amount of mass thrown into a sudden stop. Now all that movement and inertia has to go somewhere. In a typical one piece barrel system that inertia is transferred through the barrel into the frame and internals of the gun. This generally causes the gun's frame to be permanently warped and or twisted; thus changing the accuracy of the gun, as well as the friction points of all the internal parts.

Generally, this dive would cause a substantial amount of damage to the performance and mechanics of your gun.

The Creed on the other hand has a little built in safety device. The barrel is actually a solid one piece barrel, its not glued together from two pieces. Instead, Vanguard has engineered a small break point into the barrel. When you take a dive with the creed barrel system the inertia is directed into the barrel's breaking point. This allows the barrel to dispel the sudden stop before it has a chance to tweak the rest of your gun.

Im not sure what it costs to add this extra safe guard, but im sure its a lot cheaper to break the barrel and replace it than it would be to replace the entire gun itself.
tylr_byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:58 PM #35
Tears
Brokenbuyer*

Tears helped look for balloons
Tears supports Team VICIOUS
Tears is an NCPA player
Make it simple.

^^ That's what happens when you don't have top of the line Vanguard technology. Most of the players of these lawn dart games had some injuries, broken ribs, or occasionally made it out without injuries.

Don't have photos of Vanguard BARREL snaps. Maybe cuz it just doesnt happen =] Jaskidding. I remember some guy got his barrel caught in net off break and that snapped it. SHOOTNPOO got any barrel pics?

Now someone think of a new topic and leave this back to it's grave.
Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:41 PM #36
MstrKey

If you had to pay for it, that would be way more costly to replace! Usually PE is good about it and replaces them free but.....so does Vanguard usually replace the barrels. The difference is, you can keep playing with a broken barrel, you just put a new one on. You can't keep playing with a bent to crap grip frame like that. So your gun is down until replacement.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:49 PM #37
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

Besides the barrel breaking in a game. Even though I have broken a barrel in the middle of an inportant game I was still able to shoot cross field with accuracy and distance having only a 6 inch barrel.

Eric

Last edited by SHOOTNPOO : 10-30-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:58 PM #38
Tears
Brokenbuyer*

Tears helped look for balloons
Tears supports Team VICIOUS
Tears is an NCPA player
WHOO for 6" snapped barrels still working
PE does not replace them for free(?) even if under warranty. They rough roughly $350 to replace if I remember correctly.
Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 09:39 PM #39
tylr_byrd
Titan with a Creed

tylr_byrd is for the Gunfight
tylr_byrd is an NCPA player
tylr_byrd plays in the APPA D5 division
Exactly. That's why I love the creed's barrels. They save us from more trouble than we realize.
tylr_byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:12 PM #40
noonagon

noonagon is a founding member
noonagon has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
noonagon supports DLX Technology
noonagon supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Besides the barrel breaking in a game. Even though I have broken a barrel in the middle of an inportant game I was still able to shoot cross field with accuracy and distance having only a 6 inch barrel.

Eric
Right now I own a geo2, an ego10 and a creed and imho the creed is smoother and the customer service is a little better (PE customer service is great).

Never broke a barrel, but glad it's covered. Trigger shape needs refining on the creed as well as the user programmable features, but other than that it's amazing
Old 10-31-2010, 12:13 AM #41
MstrKey

Man people are picky on triggers. I'm pretty sure I could put a popsicle stick on my gun and not even notice lol. Any shape works the same, you just have to adjust it to your needs. What I do is always set my trigger so I can rip with my off hand. Then my main hand can really rip it. I've never had a problem with any shape. I don't think I've purchased a new trigger for a gun since 05.

One could argue that if you keep only using one specific shape, you'll never adapt to anything else Rock the stock!

I don't see any problems with the user programming either. Tis pretty simple. A few more options would be nice, like a game timer. It's simple to use though. You don't even need a manual.

Last edited by MstrKey : 10-31-2010 at 12:16 AM.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:55 PM #42
ilikecats

ilikecats supports our troops
Quote:

Eric
i know theres a "thats what she said" joke in this comment somewhere
ilikecats is offline   Reply With Quote