PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 03-16-2013, 09:18 PM #1
-sensei

has been a member for 10 years
Death of paintball?

Just lost two teams to airball. I'd like to fine the idiot that decided that paintball guns were not allowed to look "realistic." A bunch of hippies threatened to outlaw paintball back in the 80's, so NSG made markers that were "unrealistic." The Japanese went forward with airsoft and began making more and more realistic looking shooters. Now you can buy a Thompon for 150 dollars, and it looks good.
Some people like realism.

So, over the last six months, I've lost a young group, and an old group. The older group has been with me for 15 years. They asked if I would go airsoft. What can I say?

Oh, and all you tournament guys that make fun of the woodsball guys, thanks a lot.

I dont come back here much, but I'd just like to let you know what's up with one of the oldest fields out there. Been at it since 1987.
2005 D-day Skirmish, GWM
2005 West Point Battle of the Bulge GWM
2006 West Point Vietnam scenario. V.C.
2006 D-day skirmish GWM
1987-2013--- 25 years of Mil-Sim. Making Paintball a little more Mil-Sim, one player at a time.
-sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2013, 09:31 PM #2
mustangjohn
Mustangjohn

Sad, you would think we all need to pull our support together for the sake of our sport

RIP Dog 1
mustangjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:46 PM #3
C-NoTe
Bunny Killer

C-NoTe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C-NoTe owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
C-NoTe supports DLX Technology
You are going to disagree with me but I really don't care but I just want to point out how silly this post sounds.

Let me get this straight? You are mad you lost your paintball friends cause they decided they wanted to go play......paintball...

Paintball is paintball it doesn't matter if it's woods or air. This just makes you sound bitter at nothing.

The last thing you see before you die is your life story.. You better make it a good one.
C-NoTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 PM #4
cckynv
Cody

cckynv supports Team VICIOUS
cckynv plays in the APPA beginner division
cckynv has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
cckynv supports Ninja Paintball
Sorry to say this, but it's your fault for being hardheaded if you believe that you can only enjoy one style of paintball.

MacDev Militia
cckynv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:22 PM #5
brandondeckerpb

I myself have switched into the airsoft in the past two years do to how cheap it is to play at the events, but I also enjoy scenario still. Most guys that I know just have stopped playing because of how much it costs now adays
Founder, writer and producer for : Smokey Scenario Productions
https://www.facebook.com/SmokeyScenarioProductions
brandondeckerpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:38 PM #6
nater360
Fooly Cooly

nater360 supports Team VICIOUS
nater360 posts videos on PbNation
Paintball will never compare to airsoft in terms of realism, even if those hippies didn't get the realism banned.
nater360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:42 PM #7
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-NoTe View Post
You are going to disagree with me but I really don't care but I just want to point out how silly this post sounds.

Let me get this straight? You are mad you lost your paintball friends cause they decided they wanted to go play......paintball...

Paintball is paintball it doesn't matter if it's woods or air. This just makes you sound bitter at nothing.
Sorry to say this, but it's your fault for being hardheaded if you believe that you can only enjoy one style of paintball.

You guys have to read his post more carefully. I believe he is saying he lost players at his field to Airsoft, not Speed ball. I'm not saying I agree with his thoughts but, he is right in one instance....We shouldn't make fun of players whether they like woods ball or speed ball. Let people play what they have the most fun at without ridicule. I think he is ultimately bitter because he is losing business.

In this economy, it is hard to make a business work. Sometimes you have to try new things. Maybe you should try running a couple of Airsoft games to make some money and get some of those players back to your field?

Just my 2 cents....
k2riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 AM #8
C-NoTe
Bunny Killer

C-NoTe owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
C-NoTe owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
C-NoTe supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2riser View Post

You guys have to read his post more carefully. I believe he is saying he lost players at his field to Airsoft, not Speed ball. I'm not saying I agree with his thoughts but, he is right in one instance....We shouldn't make fun of players whether they like woods ball or speed ball. Let people play what they have the most fun at without ridicule. I think he is ultimately bitter because he is losing business.

In this economy, it is hard to make a business work. Sometimes you have to try new things. Maybe you should try running a couple of Airsoft games to make some money and get some of those players back to your field?

Just my 2 cents....
His first sentence says I lost players to "airball"

Regardless if he was talking about airsoft or not he still lays blame on tournament players making fun of woodsball players. I think that's unfair I play tournament but I still go play pump in the woods from time to time. My opinion still stands. I dont wish bad on anyone especially someone trying to run a field for the paintball community but this guy is bad mouthing a side of paintball he is not particurally into and to me that makes him no better than the people bad mouthing the side he likes. Like I said before paintball is paintball. Sports evolve that doesnt mean the old cant still thrive. Cars evolve that doesnt mean their still isnt a big classics scene.

The last thing you see before you die is your life story.. You better make it a good one.
C-NoTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:18 AM #9
SR_Voodoo

SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Cost. Hahahahahah. It used to be well over 100 dollars a case.

Steeel Reserve Paintball... A drinking team with a paintball problem.

Proudly sponsored by: PNL Paintball
SR_Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:54 AM #10
joeizgodtou
-Lights Out!-

joeizgodtou owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
joeizgodtou has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
joeizgodtou has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I know OXCC and Picasso Lake have both airsoft and paintball games. If that is what your players want, give it to them. Offer both and stay alive as a field.
Ben and Molly's Army Navy Store
joeizgodtou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:04 AM #11
robtown31

Gimme a break look at the title.
The death of paintball.
Because your 2 teams wanted to try airsoft
I hope you are not managing that field, becaused they are doomed.
I dont play airsoft but recognize that there is a draw
If i got back into owning a field i would try to accommodate those players.
Airsoft is cheaper ...thats a fact.
As far as the realism of guns ...and the hippies in the 80s thats just crap.
Mercenary for Hire
robtown31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:25 AM #12
mustangjohn
Mustangjohn

I believe his thoughts were as it relates to people’s opinions and thoughts on our sport itself not in what you choose to play. A simple quick read here tells the story. People in general are so fast to badmouth someone over their thoughts and opinions it isn't funny. It is driving a knife through our sport on all sides when in reality we should all respect each other’s choice of play and support each other and our sport rather than bashing each other.

The lack of support of paintball forums in general tells the story too. Rather than pages and pages of teams talking up games most quality players have left the forums over all the crap and hate. It is sad and needs to get better if we want our sport to succeed. I don’t care if you’re into speedball, woods ball or airsoft. We should all be supporting each other.

RIP Dog 1
mustangjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:09 AM #13
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
Nevermind... I get it....

Did they outlaw realistic looking paintball markers recently? .

Maybe they moved due to cost.

Going by your other thread, it isn't the death of paintball you are worried about. It is the death of "outlaw" ball you are worried about.

Last edited by rexisme : 03-17-2013 at 09:43 AM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:39 AM #14
Traje

Traje is playing at Living Legends VI
Traje is playing at Living Legends VIII
Traje has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Traje supports Empire
People, his main problem is that he believes that the sport is being hurt by other paintball players hating on woodsball players. In my opinion, this goes WAY past one style of paintball player hating on another.

Read the comments in this thread.

He's bummed he lost business, which sucks, because every lost field hurts the sport.

We, as players, should be supporting one another more. Trolling threads solves nothing.

Sorry you lost some teams, buddy. If cost was their main issue, maybe you could look into starting up some pump events? If they've been teams at your field for a while, if you have some contact info, try reaching out. If they play regularly, maybe you could work out some kind of incentive system. Punch cards, discount paint days, etc...
Traje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:44 AM #15
brandondeckerpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_Voodoo View Post
Cost. Hahahahahah. It used to be well over 100 dollars a case.
Yes and it is still expensive when you are debating spending money on that text book for college or having a weekend of fun. The game does get expensive. Not just for paint and equipment but in travel expenses and what not.

Im not saying I participate in one over the other, I attend both equally. I am just stating that instead of paying 60 for entry with 65 bucks a case, you can go to an airsoft game for 20 bucks. Granted your going to have a massive amount of tools that are not honorable but the same can be said for paintball
-Decker
Founder, writer and producer for : Smokey Scenario Productions
https://www.facebook.com/SmokeyScenarioProductions
brandondeckerpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM #16
deadpooll
Loudmouth

I am sorry you lost your friends to airsoft. Still, if someone wants to play airsoft and the field will accommodate tem then have at it. Me personally, I will always be a paintball player. I started with this game and will end with it. I love it and have made many friends because of it. Why would I want to give that up?
Old 03-17-2013, 05:49 PM #17
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandondeckerpb View Post
Yes and it is still expensive when you are debating spending money on that text book for college or having a weekend of fun. The game does get expensive. Not just for paint and equipment but in travel expenses and what not.

Im not saying I participate in one over the other, I attend both equally. I am just stating that instead of paying 60 for entry with 65 bucks a case, you can go to an airsoft game for 20 bucks. Granted your going to have a massive amount of tools that are not honorable but the same can be said for paintball
-Decker
When I was in college, I was doing 20+ games a year (plus travel expenses) while going to school full-time and working part-time. You have to be solely dedicated to it. (And look where paintball is now. ) But that's just my opinion.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:28 PM #18
Fabulous

Fabulous has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I lost all my friends to Airsoft. It sucks, but it isn't the end or anything.
Fabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:26 PM #19
k2riser
Trooper#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-NoTe View Post
His first sentence says I lost players to "airball"

Regardless if he was talking about airsoft or not he still lays blame on tournament players making fun of woodsball players. I think that's unfair I play tournament but I still go play pump in the woods from time to time. My opinion still stands. I dont wish bad on anyone especially someone trying to run a field for the paintball community but this guy is bad mouthing a side of paintball he is not particurally into and to me that makes him no better than the people bad mouthing the side he likes. Like I said before paintball is paintball. Sports evolve that doesnt mean the old cant still thrive. Cars evolve that doesnt mean their still isnt a big classics scene.
I agree. I play both as well. It sounded to me like he is a field owner. If he is, he shouldn't be bad mouthing anything. He should evolve in order to make money and stay in business.

I know people who play airball that make fun of woodsball players all of the time. I don't because I enjoy both and I can appreciate that you do the same. It's unfortunate but, not everyone sees the game like we do. There are ignorant people that make fun of people just because. There are even woodsball players that make fun of each other because of the gear they wear or use.

Anyone who reads this.....If you are having FUN, who cares what anyone else says about you, what you wear, or the gear you play with??? Just go out and enjoy yourself!!!
k2riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:28 PM #20
OZZY-PB
Founder: Mystic Cavalry

Ok here are the deal guys and gals. Since these proposals of gun bans have been sweeping the nation by storm, I believe as players both, Airsoft and Paintball need to tread very careful and not give these liberal tree hugging hippies a reason to put their crosshairs on paintball or airsoft. They will fine every reason in the book to come out and say that the sports promote some kind of violence, even though we know that it doesn’t. I will be honest with you, all my PB guns are all realistic looking, and would scare the crap out of someone if they didn’t know it was a paintball marker. To give you an example of this, California tried to propose a bill in 2011 to put a ban on Toy guns, airsoft and paintball. In addition the UK has also put a ban on airsoft and paintball. I respect both sports, and I would like to see both sports grow, without causing any negative attention to it.
Fields of Fire Mystic CT
Mystic Army Navy Store
Tech T
OZZY-PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:07 AM #21
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Ozzy,
The sort of negative attention that we face isn't
the fact that some of our 'markers' look real, but
instead it comes from idiots who thinks shooting
some old lady at the bus stop is fun.

The Brits have a long history of limiting rights
to own weapons. The fact that the people let
the politicians do so is what I don't understand?
I see they're also going down that path over in
Australia and also up in Canada. Incidents both
here and elsewhere are largely the result of folks
who should be receiving help, but because of the
trend not to provide it, we're now all at risk.
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com

Last edited by dorsai : 03-18-2013 at 09:28 AM.
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyScenario Ups