PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-07-2012, 11:01 PM #1
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Valken V-Max

Just a few short questions if someone has the answers (couldn't find anything definitive).

1) How does the loader feed, is it DB, Eyes, something else?
2) Experience with it, is it generally Jam free? I only need to feed 12bps, so a Rotor is a waste with its high ROF.

I don't want a used loader, so I am in the market for a new one but I don't want to spend a fortune. They seem to be well priced.

I've seen a lot of bad Invert Too's up this way so I'm not sure I want to invest in one myself.

Thanks in advance for your help,

-Wolf
I have done my time in hell"

"A Veteran is someone who at some point wrote a blank cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life' "
Wolfrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2012, 05:44 AM #2
connormccron
Meth

connormccron plays in the PSP
connormccron is playing at Living Legends V
connormccron plays in the APPA D5 division
connormccron supports DLX Technology
Best bet would to buy a brand new original Prophecy. They are great and you will have no problems. The V-Max from what I have experienced, jams a lot, loud and is not as fool proof as I would like it to be. `

Joint Force D1 PSP/NPPL
MACDEV | VPL | EMPIRE | PaintballGear.ca | Ambush Paintball
connormccron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:10 AM #3
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by connormccron View Post
Best bet would to buy a brand new original Prophecy. They are great and you will have no problems. The V-Max from what I have experienced, jams a lot, loud and is not as fool proof as I would like it to be. `
But as I stated in my OP I didn't want to be spending a fortune on a loader, that is right up there in the Rotor Range.

-Wolf

"A Veteran is someone who at some point wrote a blank cheque to their country that was 'up to and including my life' "
Old 05-08-2012, 02:10 PM #4
triedge91
Inception is Conception

triedge91 is playing at Living Legends V
triedge91 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
triedge91 supports Pev's Paintball
the problems with the vmax that i know of is that it has trouble feeding sideways, does jam alot..ALOT thats it. listen to what that guy said. prophecies are the most reliable out there and you can buy one on here for about 60-80 bucks
triedge91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:17 PM #5
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedge91 View Post
the problems with the vmax that i know of is that it has trouble feeding sideways, does jam alot..ALOT thats it. listen to what that guy said. prophecies are the most reliable out there and you can buy one on here for about 60-80 bucks
Yeah but its a) not going to reach me here for 60-80 and b) be used.
I've been burned enough on certain types of used gear to just go with new.

Fair enough, I'll stick to my Fasta's then. I haven't had them jam yet.

-Wolf

Old 05-08-2012, 05:35 PM #6
SsimonJohansson

whaaat?
How do you do to make a Vmax jam?? Haven't had a single jam with mine..
Works like a charm for me.
Really like the weight of it.
It's actually simpler than the rotor to disassembly and maintain/clean.
Like that the capacity of it too.

And for you guys that say that the Vmax doesn't keep up, well, have you actually tried one out?
Here in Sweden we shot 10bps in all competitions.
I have recorded the sound of my gun firing 10bps with the Vmax (eyes on) to make sure that it's actually keeping up.
I then counted the spikes in the audiofile and guess what?? Keep up exactly as it should.
I also tried 14bps, no problems there either.
And thay was before I got the front clip upgrade.
SsimonJohansson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 PM #7
tlmiller
Foul tempered old one

has been a member for 10 years
tlmiller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My Vmax has been back to Valken to be serviced and "fixed" and it still can't keep up past 10 bps. I consider it my least favorite hopper I own, and that includes the el cheapo Halo Too, and Spyder Fasta 18V LED. Heck, even my broken Vlocity I'd probably use over the Vmax if it was a game that mattered.

IMO, the Vmax is overpriced at anything above $30. IT feeds like a heavy 18V Revvy. No faster.
tlmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:09 PM #8
bcrguy

Hey wolf I was leery about spending the dough for a rotor as well but if you get one on sale from badlands you can save a bunch. Iv had no issues with mine aside from the day I forgot to charge the batteries and I even used it in the rain at wasaga last year with a speed feed and had no issues.

Il see you at wasaga this year. Il be hitting up the tpx tourney again this year to defend my title lol.
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:50 PM #9
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrguy View Post
Hey wolf I was leery about spending the dough for a rotor as well but if you get one on sale from badlands you can save a bunch. Iv had no issues with mine aside from the day I forgot to charge the batteries and I even used it in the rain at wasaga last year with a speed feed and had no issues.

Il see you at wasaga this year. Il be hitting up the tpx tourney again this year to defend my title lol.
Yeah I'll be hitting the tourney just to prove that being able to shoot a real pistol does not = being able to shoot a TiPX

What side are you on this year? I'm hoping to link up with the Airbore and Les (No idea if he's gonna be there this year) or if not then its gonna be a long uphill battle.

Back on topic, The Rotor is a heck of a lot to stomach for costs, maybe sometime on boxing day or if they have a sale up at Wasaga will I get one.
All the people on the fields I play say mixed things about them.
Time will tell, I appriciate the feedback from everyone.

-Wolf

Old 05-09-2012, 02:25 AM #10
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I have never had a jam with mine, and dont really know any one that has jamming problems. In fact if it can feed reballs (and it does this GREAT!), it can feed anything.

Anyways it uses what is called a ''Bin Sensor" I believe, and it basically detects the movement of the balls going down the stack. This is actually one of the best methods of loader action, other than eyes and r/f, it is probably one of the best. In this loader the balls spin a magnetic "ninja star" that when it moves the board reacts and spins the motor.

As for the speed, at least mine will feed 13 no problem, but honestly mine doesnt even come near the advertised 30 BPS. It probably goes up to about 15 BPS. Others apparently have had problems and they can easily contact Valken and get a replacement or update. Valken has great customer service.
Also for regular use, this thing smokes all the Halo type loaders, not necessarily in speed though. Some people have got lucky and their V-Max does do 30 BPS, some have been unlucky and theirs barely does 10BPS. Like I said though if its messing up give Valken a call. The weight difference is what really does it for me, this thing is pretty durable, and its probably the lightest battery operated loader out there.

Now I will give you personal opinion on deals: if you can still find them (since you only want new) if you can find the regular Prophecys or LTDs on a site, those things are selling for MEGA DEALS right now. The Prophecy is by far my favorite loader of all time (not Z2, LTD to be specific) and if you can find those, snatch it. Something that is cool though is that the V-Max is even lighter than this loader too. If you can find this deal, and dont want to go used, and money is of importance the V-Max might be what your looking for.

Edit - Actually if you can still find regular Pinokios (not F1s) out there for like 125 or less take that over the V-Max not Prophecy though.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

Sell me your G6R (and Halo) upgrades/parts, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread....#post100100397

Last edited by cfl mike : 05-09-2012 at 02:29 AM.
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:37 AM #11
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

Also something important I forgot to mention, since you plan on playing tournament style play, beware of the Valken made speedfeeds. They look like Exalts and the material is actually better than Exalts but the problem being is its too small. Now I know Virtue makes a speedfeed for this loader, and that might be the answer to that problem, but I dont know because I dont have one, but im sure in the future other companies will release speedfeeds for it. I actually have many videos and reviews on this stuff on my personal YouTube channel you can check it out. Also I am posting here soon another video of the V-Max on my G6r 12, and I think I have another one of it uncapped on my Geo2. Anyways this way you can see exactly what I am talking about, and it should help you on your way. I will post the link to my channel here, and you can just surf though the videos and watch for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Damitsall/videos

You will see how big of an issue the speedfeed thing is for me.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

Sell me your G6R (and Halo) upgrades/parts, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:40 AM #12
bcrguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfrum

Yeah I'll be hitting the tourney just to prove that being able to shoot a real pistol does not = being able to shoot a TiPX

What side are you on this year? I'm hoping to link up with the Airbore and Les (No idea if he's gonna be there this year) or if not then its gonna be a long uphill battle.

Back on topic, The Rotor is a heck of a lot to stomach for costs, maybe sometime on boxing day or if they have a sale up at Wasaga will I get one.
All the people on the fields I play say mixed things about them.
Time will tell, I appriciate the feedback from everyone.

-Wolf
Il be on the alien side again this year. Badlands should have a sale soon. I picked mine up in an October sale a few years ago for about 150.
Citrus Connection #88
bcrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:15 AM #13
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Thank you very much everyone for the indepth knowledge.
I don't think I'll be putting a speed feed on it, but you never know. That was a part I didn't take into consideration.
As well, cost being the factor I don't own a gun that is going to take 30bps (even though in theory on ramping I can hit 25 with my gun).

It sounds like it has the exact same sensor the FASTA does, righ in the feedtube. Simple, and effective I suppose.

Well if I can I might just get one afterall. Or save and suck it up and buy a Rotor on sale..

Thanks everyone,

-Wolf

Old 05-09-2012, 02:33 PM #14
sogo

I own a rotor and though it was broken a couple months back. This loader was the first one I look at. Rotors are super nice but I paid about $100 for mine when the first came out. Now they are +$160?? $180?? too much.

I fixed my rotor the next day, no research was done on the v-max so I can't tell you much about the loader. I chose this first because the Valken owner is a super chill guy and I've hear great things about their customer service. I own Valken gear bag, Pants, mask (was sly Sly when I bought it) and love it all.
sogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:25 AM #15
cfl mike
Jesus is cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfrum View Post
Thank you very much everyone for the indepth knowledge.
I don't think I'll be putting a speed feed on it, but you never know. That was a part I didn't take into consideration.
As well, cost being the factor I don't own a gun that is going to take 30bps (even though in theory on ramping I can hit 25 with my gun).

It sounds like it has the exact same sensor the FASTA does, righ in the feedtube. Simple, and effective I suppose.

Well if I can I might just get one afterall. Or save and suck it up and buy a Rotor on sale..

Thanks everyone,

-Wolf

Well its more like the Fasta uses the same thing as the Pinokio. Yes the sensor is right in the feed neck. If you watch one of the review videos I have for it, you will see why its a good and a bad thing. If you look at hoppers that use this "Bin Sensor", they all sit high on the feed necks, by design, which obviously includes the V-Max.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:27 AM #16
Wolfrum
Occams Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike View Post
Well its more like the Fasta uses the same thing as the Pinokio. Yes the sensor is right in the feed neck. If you watch one of the review videos I have for it, you will see why its a good and a bad thing. If you look at hoppers that use this "Bin Sensor", they all sit high on the feed necks, by design, which obviously includes the V-Max.
See I never owned a Pinokio (though I am told they are amazing loaders) so I wouldn't know where the FASTA got it from.
I'll have to check out the videos for it, I'm 50/50 on getting one still.

-Wolf